WvW and the Heart of Thorns Release

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

How about this John, “Due to the overwhelming response to our announcement of the reset time change we have decided to put the change on hold until we can gather more data. Reset will return to Fridays as usual on Friday, October 30th. This allows us one Saturday reset to check our metrics, and to decide if Saturday reset is still something we want to follow through with.”

Ye it is, but do u not see what they(Anet) want to accomplish? They want to minimalise reset lags by cutting down number of players at resets. Ye, it is TRUTH

Disagree with you. WvW will get more players…just not experienced…and may get turned off…if the Verteran WvW players aren’t there to coach them into the new game mode.

New Weekly Reset Time has a different Player profile.

It’s kind of like this scenario:

Very Popular Club changes it’s Friday Night Opening to a Saturday Afternoon Opening…

Club owner wants the Larger General Public Population of a City to come in & Experience the Hip-Hop Club Experience that should happen when they change their hours of opening. Club owner should earn more money with more people visiting.

The Hip-Hop people who go to the Club…are not asked in advance.

Solution for the Club goers…

1) Make with the change…and live with the new hours
2) Take up some other interest in the City…Do more PvE, PvP, etc.
3) Move City….Play a different game that meet their hours

Club Owner fails to realize it’s the Hip-Hop Community that makes their club so appealing…and trying to bring it to the General Public to access…to make more money…might not work like they planned to…without the Community.

Club Owner is betting the Community will follow.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

It seems like its the time changes it self not that its on an Saturday that is the real problem. Its simply too early for a lot of time zones for ppl. But putting it on Saturday dose give more ppl the chase to go into wvw on reset you do lose the event of Friday but that can become an event on Saturday.

Let try not to blind our self with fear of changes to the point of not seeing the realy problems with the change.

Actually the time change is the problem. The fact that they changing it at all is the problem. Especially when they’re unable to provide a reason that makes sense. This “solution” to move the time of reset earlier in the day just compounds the problem.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

10 am in the morning… im sorry, but friday night is THE WvW guildwars night… getting wasted and gathering lootbags, why change this to saturday… leave it as it is please.

maybe look into the times you do normal patches though so they dont interfere with our primetime.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

It seems like its the time changes it self not that its on an Saturday that is the real problem. Its simply too early for a lot of time zones for ppl. But putting it on Saturday dose give more ppl the chase to go into wvw on reset you do lose the event of Friday but that can become an event on Saturday.

Let try not to blind our self with fear of changes to the point of not seeing the realy problems with the change.

Except you are wrong. Putting it on Saturday, regardless of time, will be doing the exact opposite. This has been explained numerous times already.

Friday and all day Saturday until reset, regardless of actual time, will be meaningless WvW during a time frame that most people will have more time available to actually login to the game. If you understand the game mode at all, you will completely understand what I mean be meaningless WvW.

I will not being playing Friday night now or most of Saturday, nor will most of my guild. Most of us will simply not log into the game because we only play strictly for WvW.

The truth is, the only reason for this change is that it is more convenient for ANET. Everything else they said is full of holes and just illustrates how out of touch they are with their own game.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If that’s actually the reason for the change, it’s definitely not worth losing 16 or so hours out of every matchup every week.

I am not certain you understand. There are 168 hours in every match up, regardless of what time or day it resets.

No he understands just fine. It is your understanding that is lacking.

A typical job/school for the majority of people is Monday through Friday. When he said said that, he was talking about meaningful and enjoyable WvW at time when the majority of people are available to play.

If you actually understand WvW and are more than a casual, you should have a firm grasp on the fact that fun game play dies down for the last couple days of a match up. So instead of those slow days being Thursday to Friday evening, those slow days will be Friday to Saturday afternoon.

Perhaps you can see the issue?

He already understands. It was just a failed attempt at a witty response.

in WvW

Posted by: Pierrot Le Rital.8703

Pierrot Le Rital.8703

could you answer clearly : does the points will count from friday 16/10 to thursday?
does the points will count from thursday to saturday ?

It s not clever if you dont continue the same match ups in between ( different opponants), cause a great volability from thursd to saturday.

thanks for another ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Except you are wrong. Putting it on Saturday, regardless of time, will be doing the exact opposite. This has been explained numerous times already.

Friday and all day Saturday until reset, regardless of actual time, will be meaningless WvW during a time frame that most people will have more time available to actually login to the game. If you understand the game mode at all, you will completely understand what I mean be meaningless WvW.

I will not being playing Friday night now or most of Saturday, nor will most of my guild. Most of us will simply not log into the game because we only play strictly for WvW.

The truth is, the only reason for this change is that it is more convenient for ANET. Everything else they said is full of holes and just illustrates how out of touch they are with their own game.

If you play purely for ppt you have a point but ppl do not play purely for ppt. That and we do not know how ppt will changes it may be a thing to play up to the last min to see who wins out that week.

Look its this way ppl do not like to play on Thursday becuse there not one to fight the statement in it self cause the problem if ppl do not play then there no one to fight leading to more ppl not to play. IF ppt is the only thing motivating ppl to play wvw there a real problem in it self far beyond times and days of reset.

There are over all more ppl to can play then just Friday becuse most of the ppl who do play Friday can play Saturday too. What your suggesting here is its best to keep most of the ppl who play GW2 away from reset on an Friday over losing the Friday event. This is what you MUST believe when you say keep it to Friday. Its the cold hard truth of things.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Rasudido.6734

Rasudido.6734

“Yeah, it will be 5:00am on Sunday morning for [KnM], [DAWN] and [FL], and 1:00am-3:00am for [SuS], [Ng], [Ra] and [ND]. Way to step over Oceanic/South-East Asian guilds.”

This quote exemplifies whats wrong with the reset change and it makes me sad to see so many affected. You guys are simply getting it wrong because you dont see how great a friday night reset is for people.

1. Friday night reset NA allows for such great reset because ITS FRIDAY. People are [usually] done with work and school with many having the full weekend off to play to their hearts fill. For NA people this is great as it gives 2 FULL NIGHTS of WvW and staying up late thanks to decreased responsabilities the next days. This is the same reason sunday night isnt good as people have to turn in early because of monday responsabilities.

2. On the same point this means that FRIDAY—> SATURDAY NA translates into SATURDAY for OCX/SEA/EU. Friday NA reset its early Saturday for those guilds and thus they can log in once NA starts going to sleep and play all Saturday if they wish. The change makes is to that all those guilds completely lose their ONLY day where they can play and know they have the following day off . For non NA its more of a RESET DAY than a reset night and youre killing that

3. NA prime reset works because most players do things during the day and come back to play late afternoon/night. Moving the reset time to 1pm is terrible as it comes in direct conflict with very real limitations plenty of people have on your NA timezone, be they work related, social or Personal. Simply this will cause resets to impossible to attend for the largest portion o your population.

In my personal case (someone who lives at US Mountain Time schedule) Saturday night reset wasn’t bad for me but I knew of the issues it caused for my friends at the OCX/SEA/EU timezones.

The most recent change though not only doesnt fix the issues of the previous one but also causes me greater amounts of issues. If saturday afternoon reset happens I simply wont play reset, and ill be even saltier because not only are you screwing me over but did so without fixing anything anyways.

Id rather keep the current reset as potentially buggy and issue ridden experience that it can be, than have no reset experience at all.

(edited by Rasudido.6734)

in WvW

Posted by: Fryggenbart.3907

Fryggenbart.3907

This means you got something else to do that is enjoyable for you?
Fine, so there is no problem at all, noone will die.

Serious question:
In EU there are only very very few closed guild raids at reset. Most guilds who are raiding are just doing open raids, many aren’t raiding as a guild at all.
Is this different for NA resets?

Reta del Bratfish
Piken Square [EU]

(edited by Fryggenbart.3907)

in WvW

Posted by: AeonTheAvaricious.3640

AeonTheAvaricious.3640

Please please please do not go through with the change to wvw reset time. This change will take away the 7 hour reset raids that are a personal high point in my week. The last day of the week is irrelevant in almost every matchup. One of the best parts about reset is that it is so full of groups to fight. But the main wvw guilds are not going to be able to field Friday night numbers on a Saturday morning. Very few guilds are going to be spamming portals, or even be there for reset at all. What is currently the most anticipated night with the greatest player turnout is going to take the place of what has been known as snooze through Thursday.
As wvw players, my guild and those like us have built up a high tolerance for being given things we never asked for, but this change will have a hugely detrimental effect to the culture that has developed around the game mode. Please reconsider this change.

in WvW

Posted by: HypnoticEyes.2683

HypnoticEyes.2683

Have you guys looked at the EU reset times based on activity also? Remember that relatively a lot of people in the EU participate in some kind of teamsports, most being played on Saturdays. Especially for those with young kids that’ll be during reset times, while evenings never had that issue, preventing them to enjoy one of the most exciting moments of WVW across the week and one of the most consistent and active guild based events for any guild with a wvw section. Please reconsider the EU reset times to take that into account.

in WvW

Posted by: JetLord.9513

JetLord.9513

Give reset back to marvel!!!

in WvW

cillard.3986

Right.

Which is exactly what I will be doing instead of playing this game.

Which is exactly the point to much of what is being said here in regards to their reasoning for the change not holding any water.

Thanks for making my point for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Fryggenbart.3907

Fryggenbart.3907

Ok, at least someone who is happy with the situation

Reta del Bratfish
Piken Square [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

BLAAAH RAGE RAGE RAGE.

Still.
Id rather have them have an entire week where points mean nothing, get things sorted and resume as per on the friday after.

Heck, even close the game down for a maintenance do.
idk if ive ever seen gw2 down for maintenance but our dearest devs. you are ALLOWED to take the game offline for a few hours to make things work, youve been working so kitten this expac, c’maaaan.

dont do this to yourselves.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

(edited by alicatrawz.9567)

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Here’s my take: Anet just threw a wrench in your Status Qou. I see it as a good thing. You wanted change, now you don’t. My biggest question is which one of you is going to be the first to complain about stale matchups/server stacking after HoT. Learn to adapt to the changes.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Right.

Which is exactly what I will be doing instead of playing this game.

Which is exactly the point to much of what is being said here in regards to their reasoning for the change not holding any water.

Thanks for making my point for me.

You can only play reset once a day in a week why would it stop you from playing other days of the week?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

So often people complain and beg for change. But they do not truly want it.

People are asking for changes, that incentivise the competitive aspect of the gamemode (You know? PvP and stuff…competitive…not PvDoor night shifts) while ANet does everything to ruin a competitive play, so your comment doesn’t really make sense.
Of course we complain when they do stupid things. What else shall we do?

You don’t get it. What you want may not be what other people want. Moving the reset night to the most active night of the week as Mr. Corpening pointed out, is not a move to make WvW less competitive. Its a move to gain more activity in it.

I don’t know why people can’t see they are speaking for themselves not, the majority of players. The numbers speak for themselves, they have the data we don’t.

To be blunt, I think you post just to be contrary. I’m all for playing devil’s advocate, but geeze. For many servers, they already queue all maps at reset… there is no way to get more people into WvW on those servers, as they are blocked from entry the entire time it is queued. Then, the servers with smaller population, might only queue one map, if any. Why is this? Because they have fewer people that want to go in WvW.

At best, Saturday reset will have the same number of people going in that Friday reset currently does. It cannot really have more because of the map population limits, and a servers own population level. Additionally, in these login metrics, information is missing (a constant problem with metrics used everywhere). Information like, why do Fridays have fewer logins than Saturday? A number of factors have already been stated like how dead it really is before it resets. But there are still more, from those that log into wvw to facilitate map travel without paying waypoint fees, to those that go into home bl to craft and access bank easily (keep in mind, these all count as population and WvW logins, even though they aren’t actually playing in WvW). Don’t sit and think that only a couple people across the entire game do this.

There is one server in particular that could always see this at work. Sitting in their borderland, you could just watch the outnumbered buff flashing on and off, almost like clockwork, 15s goes by, flashes on, 5 seconds later, flashes off. And it would really do this almost continuously for the entire time was in their borderland. My guild had a running joke that when we had 3-5 of us in their borderland, they would come in and ask the map what was going on, be told just bluntly that it was our guild tag, curse, then leave the map, because they sure wouldn’t really fight us. Point is, that is a lot of people going in and out of WvW, throwing off simple metrics regardless of the actual reason for them doing so (one true ‘metric’ you can pull from that is, they weren’t going into the map to do WvW if they left the map 5 seconds later)

Still more reasons are also at work, though: Some dislike reset, and prefer to play when things are a little more settled, so they wouldn’t go into WvW at all on Friday because before reset was essentially k-train, and after reset would be queues/zergs. I’m of the mind that, if I wanted to just ktrain and zerg, I’d go to EotM. I’ve done reset, but i’m never really in a group larger than ~15 unless beyond bored, so reset typically offers little.

And a few more direct replies to quoted post: if people don’t speak for themselves, how is anyone supposed to actually communicate their issue with the change? And what about the true ‘silent majority’? You can’t speak for them either. They are forever silent, and won’t post for good or bad. One can only ever infer their desires on a subject by watching those that do respond, and attempt to weight it due to most responses to any questions coming from those with the complaint. Which brings us back to this thread on this situation, and the outcry over it. I’m told Reddit isn’t taking it any better, and some here of course are on Reddit, but many are not.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

in WvW

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

This Saturday 11am reset for EU is so bloody stupid.

A LOT of sports are played in Europe, or watched, and Saturday morning is the big time for this. Friday evening EU reset was fine as it was, people got drunk (or not, whatever) and it was a “thing” for many WvW players for so so long.

We all know you rarely if ever listen to WvW players and this reset change from Friday was certainly NOT wanted by a vast vast majority, nor was it ever even asked for – but it’s like you really just couldn’t give a kitten any more, I mean really just don’t care one iota about WvW players whatsoever.

If you had have told us this was going to happen, I wouldn’t have bought HoT expansion in the first place, so nice sneaky move there from Anet too.

So maddening how much contempt Anet continually show WvW players, really is.

in WvW

Posted by: Polbella.7219

Polbella.7219

One of the things ANET shows pride over is the friendly community they have in the game. The WvW community (though we love to kill each other) is also a friendly community. We socialize while we do our favorite thing in the game, play for fights and PPT. I play with players from 6 different countries all within our small guild of 36. We all have jobs, go to school and a lot of us have kids. Friday night we sit down after a long week at work or school all hyped up for the night ahead. A night filled with drinks, laughter, fights, capping, singing (although not always the best singing.. lol) This is the aspect of the game we all love so much, and it happens for us on a night we have the time to do it FRIDAY NIGHT RESET.
Someone in an earlier post gave you % of players online during the week. Our guild is much the same. Guilds that have a player base that is WvW focused pretty much all say the same thing (especially if their players work). The weekend is when stuff happens. I have heard that on many servers FC, ROS, SFR, FSP, SOS, DH, CD and now AR
I would urge you to consult with your WvW players and get their opinions (.. Reading this thread should sum it all up ..) This decision will destroy some of the communities you say you care about so much.
I know if I was aware of this change in reset prior to now I would not have purchased Heart of Thorns until I could see the outcome this poor choice will have, perhaps I will try for a refund as well.

Despite the queues which I only ever see on weekends in the evenings. I add my vote to keeping reset the same.

Bella [RioT] officer, wvw player currently on AR

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Here’s my take: Anet just threw a wrench in your Status Qou. I see it as a good thing. You wanted change, now you don’t. My biggest question is which one of you is going to be the first to complain about stale matchups/server stacking after HoT. Learn to adapt to the changes.

You understand that when people ask for change, it’s for good changes right? Changes to make the game enjoyable not an inconvenience for the players.
Anet always throws wrenches into the Status Quo – Golem Week.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

I hope they do something about this, more even after watchign all the people complaining and putting their oppinions. The last time a thread like this was made, was to complain about Golem Week after it was announced, the result, as all of you already know was a complete disaster, they didn’t do anythign about it even after it started (not even said a single word about it) and I think, for the vast majority of people was the worst WvW week of all the year (because of bugs, kittened golem rushes etc).

This time it will happen the same, they will not do anything, reset will still be at the same time. It will be bad, by the time they pretend to put the reset, only people that have nothign to do will be able to play (mostly people still studying and so) and some eople, as they already stated (as for example Oceanic players) will not have a chance to get the reset if not getting up super early (or not sleeping at all). Really think (as the majority of you) that keeping the reset at the same hours is the propper thing to do, but you know… In this game, and even more in this Game mode, we have little to say

in WvW

cillard.3986

You can only play reset once a day in a week why would it stop you from playing other days of the week?

The issue has been explained numerous times by numerous people, including myself.

Take the time to read and comprehend.

in WvW

Posted by: Rawsalmon.2586

Rawsalmon.2586

Really not happy about having to wake up early to join a World vs World reset, also its really unfair on the Sea and OCX timezones. Would love to keep reset on Friday nights since its been that way since it began. Everyone has a laugh and has fun on fridays. I don’t think you’re been good to the community.
basically the WvW community is very very upset and a lot of people from other communities are very upset. Why not just keep resets on friday!

in WvW

cillard.3986

You wanted change, now you don’t.

Please post a link to where a good amount of the WvW community asked for this change, because it sure the hell wasn’t here.

Asking for change on one issue doesn’t discredit you for getting upset by a completely different one. Do I really need to explain the ‘why’ of this to you?

in WvW

Posted by: elnegro.1926

elnegro.1926

Please don’t change the reset time. At the end we only have more laggs and buggs in the game…

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I am right there with ya I just wish more of the people who don’t mind the change would speak up, but the thing is they don’t mind it so they won’t cause theirs no reason to.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

You understand that when people ask for change, it’s for good changes right? Changes to make the game enjoyable not an inconvenience for the players.
Anet always throws wrenches into the Status Quo – Golem Week.

This particular one I see as a attempt to destabilize. Golem week was not a permanent change.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

You got your grubby little paws on it, and now it is broken !

TWICE !

1st change was controversial but still swallow-able, why ?
Because it was still an evening time reset !

This midday reset is such a bad idea, I cannot fathom who in their right mind came up with this [kitten] idea.

EDIT

This midday change means I will almost NEVER be able to attend WvW reset raiding anymore, except for the one Saturday a month I’m off from work !

Thank you very much a.net I love you. [sarcasm]

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

(edited by latinkuro.7304)

in WvW

Posted by: Yougottawanna.7420

Yougottawanna.7420

You know what time would be great for “emergent gameplay”? Friday night. I would emerge the hell out of my gameplay if reset were on friday night. Just sayin.

in WvW

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

This is worse than the new Fantastic Four.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Jeeze people . . . I think my face just melted off trying to read all these venomous comments. Can’t you all just chill out a bit and try to have a reasonable discussion about the issue? The time change to Saturday afternoon was actually a response to a lot of the previous crying trying to find a way to get more weekend time out of the deal so maybe if we better presented our concerns instead of knee-jerk reactions we could figure out what we actually really want out of our WvW reset experience.

First I have a serious question for the more hardcore WvW’ers because I will admit to being completely ignorant on the importance of playing right at reset. Without orbs I fail to see why having queues at reset is a desirable thing. Is it really that important and why exactly?

I haven’t been able to be on for a reset in over two years and it has not personally affected my enjoyment of WvW as a casual player. I usually show up 3 to 5 hours after reset and that would not likely change with the reset time being changed to 11am PST as I would get some afternoon WvW time most Saturdays.

Now I understand that reset time is made exciting by the sheer numbers of people sharing particular goals at that particular moment but is there any reason that cannot be replicated at a different time outside of the reset experience?

Why do guild WvW raids have to happen at reset? Is not just as fun to play and push with your guildies and realm mates at whatever time the most of them happen to be on? Wont that be a different time for different worlds?

Wouldn’t having this earlier reset time actually make more for a slow burn WvW experience and maybe even increase the chances of the smaller more organized teams taking down a more populous one? Remember those good old alarm clock relic raids in DAoC? Wouldn’t it also make for more ppt swings as time zone populations develop throughout a much longer reset? So instead of all the excitement in the first 5 hours it actually makes the first 18hrs of the reset fun to play for more people regardless of if they are there at the start?

Aren’t all the issues centered around only a few hours of reset time being the most enjoyable for some really just a symptom of a much great problem about how match-ups are scored and shouldn’t we hoping ANET will be focused on those instead of trying to find the perfect hour of the day to reset WvW?

Likely discussions like these need to happen outside of this thread since we are too busy hating change here but they are things to think about. It does sound like the choices are pretty clear, you can have reset on Saturday evening or Saturday afternoon. If Friday is off the table entirely, the important question to ask ANET is if any other day is possible or to try and find an alternative time on Saturday that will please a bigger majority.

Considering ANET has only recently figured out how to measure world populations caps with active WvW players I understand the skepticism of their use of metrics to make decisions like these so I agree with those asking for more details on how they arrived at this being the optimal time. I also agree with those who have floated Thursday night as a possible alternative if we are going to continue with week long match-ups for the foreseeable future but I would prefer to get it down to at least 2 different match-up in a week if not three. We just have to stop caring about reset getting screwed up by patches so kitten much since that is what got us into this mess in the first place. ><

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

(edited by PariahX.6970)

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

The time change to Saturday afternoon was actually a response to a lot of the previous crying trying to find a way to get more weekend time out of the deal….

By cutting the weekend in half they find a way to get more time out of it? I’m very confused.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

Yes, the reset time needs to be moved… No enough people on Friday… Even though we got a MU that was 0,17% chances to get, tehre is 210 man queueing overall (in all 4 maps).

Edit: To more info, we are 4th in leaderboard, we fighting 11th and 12th in Tier 4 match, still 200+ people queueing

Attachments:

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

You wanted change, now you don’t.

Please post a link to where a good amount of the WvW community asked for this change, because it sure the hell wasn’t here.

Asking for change on one issue doesn’t discredit you for getting upset by a completely different one. Do I really need to explain the ‘why’ of this to you?

Read the forum. As I see it, Anet can only do certain things to remedy what the players have caused. Here again, I see it as a Destabilizing manuvver.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Jeeze people . . . I think my face just melted off trying to read all these venomous comments. Can’t you all just chill out a bit and try to have a reasonable discussion about the issue? The time change to Saturday afternoon was actually a response to a lot of the previous crying trying to find a way to get more weekend time out of the deal so maybe if we better presented our concerns instead of knee-jerk reactions we could figure out what we actually really want out of our WvW reset experience.

First I have a serious question for the more hardcore WvW’ers because I will admit to being completely ignorant on the importance of playing right at reset. Without orbs I fail to see why having queues at reset is a desirable thing. Is it really that important and why exactly?

I haven’t been able to be on for a reset in over two years and it has not personally affected my enjoyment of WvW as a casual player. I usually show up 3 to 5 hours after reset and that would not likely change with the reset time being changed to 11am PST as I would get some afternoon WvW time most Saturdays.

Now I understand that reset time is made exciting by the sheer numbers of people sharing particular goals at that particular moment but is there any reason that cannot be replicated at a different time outside of the reset experience?

Why do guild WvW raids have to happen at reset? Is not just as fun to play and push with your guildies and realm mates at whatever time the most of them happen to be on? Wont that be a different time for different worlds?

Wouldn’t having this earlier reset time actually make more for a slow burn WvW experience and maybe even increase the chances of the smaller more organized teams taking down a more populous one? Remember those good old alarm clock relic raids in DAoC? Wouldn’t it also make for more ppt swings as time zone populations develop throughout a much longer reset? So instead of all the excitement in the first 5 hours it actually makes the first 18hrs of the reset fun to play for more people regardless of if they are there at the start?

Aren’t all the issues centered around only a few hours of reset time being the most enjoyable for some really just a symptom of a much great problem about how match-ups are scored and shouldn’t we hoping ANET will be focused on those instead of trying to find the perfect hour of the day to reset WvW?

Likely discussions like these need to happen outside of this thread since we are too busy hating change here but they are things to think about. It does sound like the choices are pretty clear, you can have reset on Saturday evening or Saturday afternoon. If Friday is off the table entirely, the important question to ask ANET is if any other day is possible or to try and find an alternative time on Saturday that will please a bigger majority.

Considering ANET has only recently figured out how to measure world populations caps with active WvW players I understand the skepticism of their use of metrics to make decisions like these so I agree with those asking for more details on how they arrived at this being the optimal time. I also agree with those who have floated Thursday night as a possible alternative if we are going to continue with week long match-ups for the foreseeable future but I would prefer to get it down to at least 2 different match-up in a week if not three. We just have to stop caring about reset getting messed by patches so kitten much since that is what got us into this mess in the first place. ><

Excuse me, first of all dont start insulting us then ask us to “chill” acting all righteous. Your condescending and hypocritical attitude, not to mention total ignorance of the topic does not help the situation but yet you insist on insulting us as if its wrong for us to argue against what we see as a terribly BAD change. Just because there is a change doesnt mean its good, are we just supposed to accept everything and stay silent? What if that change totally screws up your gaming weekend? Do you like being told how and when to play? Do you like not being able to play with your guild? Do you like having these idiotic decisions forced on you with no input, reasons given initially, and constant silence?

Just because you dont care about reset, does not mean nobody else should. Dont tell other people how they should play or view the game. Reset is about the wvw community, we gather together, we raid, we have fun. But more then that its about starting fresh and getting a headstart for our servers. Moving it to a time that splits our weekend gaming in half by making the first half meaningless, or moving the time to so early in the day where so many cant organize and coordinate properly, well this is a slap in the face to everyone to loves wvw. Anet didnt make wvw great, the players did.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I do not see this change affecting much of the people i play with. Guilds will still rally their roughly same times, they will still go out and fight generally the same opponents, whether its open field, objective skirmishes, pvdoor, havoc or roaming. It seems to me that most of these naysayers are from guilds who play wvw for the score only, rather than really appreciate the sandbox of playstyles wvw can be.

First off, i hated the time of reset as it was, it was too EARLY for me still. I am a PST player, with a family, i got dinner to make/eat, kids to put to bed, then gaming time for my wife and I. So the 6pst time was an inconvienience because it was still attainable to attend at reset. The way i see it now, who cares if i dont make reset, i will log in and play on roughly the same schedule i always had. More people need to realize that reset being the time it was only generated massive queues and frustration. With it being earlier, queues wont be as bad on reset night, gives a chance for them to normalize and not be false queues.

Now im sure if you fall into that guild category i pidgeonholed as being the majority of those who think its a horrible idea, then im positive you will retort with “BUT THE QUEUES WILL BE HUGE.” Here is the solution. DESTACK. Your NA presence is too big. Your massive guilds shouldnt rely on the boon of a reset time to actually get your whole guild in a map at once, you should be able to feel the drawback of overstacking both guild and server wise.

For years, every tier except tier 1 was asking for anet to think of innovative ways to entice players out of the top tier. Perhaps denying their NA players the oppurtunity on a PPT jump start and desyncing their guild raid start times on reset AND making them fight the EU players playing late for queue space that night will do it. Im pretty sure that most of the complainers whining about quitting over this will still log on saturday and play on with their ppt addiction regardless.

Just to put my opinion in context to my playstyle: solo/duo roaming, Havoc (on active maps, more about breaking objectives than PPT), HomeBL defense/upgrading, and open field fighting (15-25v???). The only styles i really cant stand are blob v blob and k-training.

in WvW

Posted by: Akio.3198

Akio.3198

The level of disconnect between Anet and the WvW community is simply astounding. Wow.

Please, get a clue, Anet. Learn about your WvW community first for a change, then act. Trust me, if you do that, then kitten like this wouldn’t happen.

Thanks.

in WvW

PariahX.6970

The time change to Saturday afternoon was actually a response to a lot of the previous crying trying to find a way to get more weekend time out of the deal….

By cutting the weekend in half they find a way to get more time out of it? I’m very confused.

I am sorry, I mean the time change from Saturday night to Saturday afternoon/am. At the start of this thread when the change was first announced there a lot of posts saying Saturday night reset makes it so SEA/OCX players only have 1/2 of their Sunday weekend playtime after reset so ANET moved the time up to Saturday afternoon agreeing with the principle that more weekend hours post reset would be better for more players. This is of course working under the assumption that Friday is no longer an option whether you agree with their reasoning for that or not. /shrug

Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

I do not see this change affecting much of the people i play with. Guilds will still rally their roughly same times, they will still go out and fight generally the same opponents, whether its open field, objective skirmishes, pvdoor, havoc or roaming. It seems to me that most of these naysayers are from guilds who play wvw for the score only, rather than really appreciate the sandbox of playstyles wvw can be.

First off, i hated the time of reset as it was, it was too EARLY for me still. I am a PST player, with a family, i got dinner to make/eat, kids to put to bed, then gaming time for my wife and I. So the 6pst time was an inconvienience because it was still attainable to attend at reset. The way i see it now, who cares if i dont make reset, i will log in and play on roughly the same schedule i always had. More people need to realize that reset being the time it was only generated massive queues and frustration. With it being earlier, queues wont be as bad on reset night, gives a chance for them to normalize and not be false queues.

Now im sure if you fall into that guild category i pidgeonholed as being the majority of those who think its a horrible idea, then im positive you will retort with “BUT THE QUEUES WILL BE HUGE.” Here is the solution. DESTACK. Your NA presence is too big. Your massive guilds shouldnt rely on the boon of a reset time to actually get your whole guild in a map at once, you should be able to feel the drawback of overstacking both guild and server wise.

For years, every tier except tier 1 was asking for anet to think of innovative ways to entice players out of the top tier. Perhaps denying their NA players the oppurtunity on a PPT jump start and desyncing their guild raid start times on reset AND making them fight the EU players playing late for queue space that night will do it. Im pretty sure that most of the complainers whining about quitting over this will still log on saturday and play on with their ppt addiction regardless.

Just to put my opinion in context to my playstyle: solo/duo roaming, Havoc (on active maps, more about breaking objectives than PPT), HomeBL defense/upgrading, and open field fighting (15-25v???). The only styles i really cant stand are blob v blob and k-training.

Still u miss some fact. A lot ppl in this game play only during resets, cos they are fun with biggest rate of fights. Also there is everything wooden so u don’t have to siege something for houers. And with 12 cest it is too early for almost everyone who have social life, familly or just want to eat dinner( u need at last 1h to do it and typical time for dinner is 13 cest ) but also ppl have jobs , school, they even need to shop during saturday. So as I see it , this change won’t benefit anyone, but only roamers, that now will be able to cap wooden stuff. And ofcourse anet, cos : less players = less lag = less stress on servers

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

Reset on Saturday morning? I am sorry, but who the heck thought this to be a good idea?

If it was evening I could at least partly unerstand, but mornings almost no one I know is even playing since people are busy with something called real life.

in WvW

PariahX.6970

Excuse me, first of all dont start insulting us then ask us to “chill” acting all righteous. Your condescending and hypocritical attitude, not to mention total ignorance of the topic does not help the situation but yet you insist on insulting us as if its wrong for us to argue against what we see as a terribly BAD change. Just because there is a change doesnt mean its good, are we just supposed to accept everything and stay silent? What if that change totally screws up your gaming weekend? Do you like being told how and when to play? Do you like not being able to play with your guild? Do you like having these idiotic decisions forced on you with no input, reasons given initially, and constant silence?

Yikes, if that is what you got out of what I wrote then I failed miserably to make my point, which was mostly just looking for ways to make lemonade for those less happy with the change. Please by all means, never stop arguing for what you think is right but I’ve seen exactly how far that gets us around here and just thought there might be some better ways to express dissatisfaction while also maybe looking for silver linings so the disappointment isn’t so bitter when things don’t go the way you hoped. Regardless of what is right or wrong or better, tantrums should never produce results but that is a deeper discussion for another forum.

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Reset on Saturday morning? I am sorry, but who the heck thought this to be a good idea?

If it was evening I could at least partly unerstand, but mornings almost no one I know is even playing since people are busy with something called real life.

Well originally it wasnt Saturday morning, it was Saturday evening, but this thread convinced them to move it to earlier…

in WvW

Posted by: bubbachua.1243

bubbachua.1243

The QQ here is exceptional, i thought i had to join the fun too.

Please anet dont make reset at eu time, Ra cant raid reset and winnie will start crying again

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Well originally it wasnt Saturday morning, it was Saturday evening, but this thread convinced them to move it to earlier…

Ppl asked to move it back to Friday evening.. they moved it to Saturday morning… well, yea, the “thread asked for it”…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: cpryme.4830

cpryme.4830

Well, Anet i’m not sure where your “more players log in on Saturdays” info comes from but congrats for just killing WvW. Those Saturday morning players are for sure not in WvW. Now you’re going to lose more players than you think you’re going to gain. Why can’t you just leave us our Friday reset? Fine, change it for one week for HOT release, but then give it back. Please.

in WvW

Posted by: cajov.7805

cajov.7805

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

The change to saturday was mildly annoying but I could deal with that. The change from prime time to the middle of the day is just awful. I’m not going to tell my daughter that our saturdays are now shot because I’m playing a video game.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Yikes, if that is what you got out of what I wrote then I failed miserably to make my point, which was mostly just looking for ways to make lemonade for those less happy with the change. Please by all means, never stop arguing for what you think is right but I’ve seen exactly how far that gets us around here and just thought there might be some better ways to express dissatisfaction while also maybe looking for silver linings so the disappointment isn’t so bitter when things don’t go the way you hoped. Regardless of what is right or wrong or better, tantrums should never produce results but that is a deeper discussion for another forum.

I would personally appreciate it more if people didnt come on here to tell others how to act, and stick on topic instead of trying to derail it because of distaste for someones perceived tone. With that said, I appreciate all sides of a debate, I like to listen and learn from all sides. But when your used to as a community being ignored and neglected by anet then suddenly being forced to accept idiotic poorly thought out and rather lazy changes, well many of us will be angry. Yet when we actually need them to fix game breaking issues, nothing but silence.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: LuMai.5034

LuMai.5034

They’re going to have to move it back to Friday. The “more players that log in on Saturday” will probably quit game bc of this. Anet already doesn’t care about WvW and now they’re just kittening off the population that cares. My dead grandmother comes up with better Ideas then you guys.