WvW deing in your server?

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

@ Chris: yaks and eBay would double team bp anyway then yaks would rise back up, they becoming the Pve server they always have been slowly.

But looking at mos. fa is completely owning tc. Did tc lose guilds to fa or they on break?

in WvW

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

@ Chris: yaks and eBay would double team bp anyway then yaks would rise back up, they becoming the Pve server they always have been slowly.

But looking at mos. fa is completely owning tc. Did tc lose guilds to fa or they on break?

The driving forces that made this double team on BP during the season does not currently participate or minimum activity in WvW.

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Iron left them after season, Fear and Retribution moved to FA, XPK to JQ, Choo maybe moving to kaineng? TW rumored to be moving, although they’re the self appointed kings of SoR and looking to tank the entire server instead to drop tiers.

Thats completely false actually.

And Iron left during the season, and I think the guy above was making a joke about Choo.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Iron left them after season, Fear and Retribution moved to FA, XPK to JQ, Choo maybe moving to kaineng? TW rumored to be moving, although they’re the self appointed kings of SoR and looking to tank the entire server instead to drop tiers.

Thats completely false actually.
And Iron left during the season, and I think the guy above was making a joke about Choo.

Iron was leaderless during the season because their leader was ill, this was right when the russian guild came to BG apparently. Whether they left before or after the season makes no difference, they left the server. I see I had a question mark for the choo question, wonder what that was about…

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

it is not dead on CD, but i can say the WvW population has declined due to people transferring off…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

In the lower tiers, wvw activity dropped off sharply after leagues. Burn out and whatnot. It has been slowly picking up and I heard from friends it is better this week.

Did you transfer to mags? I am totally planning on transfering to mags whenever i come back to the game.

Yes, Savannah, Abra & Red came too. Let us know when this happens. It’d be great to play on the same server for once.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

When EQ Next comes out and if it is at good as it sounds like it could be, GW2 will probably take a hit to the player base and WvW will empty out even more.

i wont touch that game until they show how the combat and pvp (if they even have any) will handle. Gunna say this though, any game is going to have a hard time beating GW2 in terms of combat..luv dis combat

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

Just read this, thought I´ll share it because it´s on topic: http://www.votf.net/page/index.html/_/articles/farewell-guild-wars-2-r22

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I heard Choo is also thinking about leaving, maybe to JQ…If that happens it would be best for SoR to drop tiers and rebuild.

There are lot of rumors now on SoR… everyweek people says one of the big guilds are leaving… so I do not have any clue if this is true or not, as far as I know they still here.

Go read the matchup threads on the new site, some real selfish comments coming out of SoR there.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what new site?

http://www.gw2wvw.net/

Thanks!

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

In the lower tiers, wvw activity dropped off sharply after leagues. Burn out and whatnot. It has been slowly picking up and I heard from friends it is better this week.

Did you transfer to mags? I am totally planning on transfering to mags whenever i come back to the game.

I R THERE. Loving it too, fun fights are fairly easy to find, you even find people who want to fight you rather than running for the nearest [insert team color] portal.

The peeps on Mag have been fairly cool too, I have seen slim-none PPT-griping. Every server has those PPT-gazers, but from what I have seen in a 3 day sample there is far less of it than on the lower tiers, which makes me happy.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

The game is dying, a lot of friends leave because they are boring of it, i think the season 1 was the last try to a a lot of wvw players.

I see in this postseason a lot of guilds dying in WvW. Mostly by wvw inactivity and the lack of this game to give endgame objectives to the players.

You do wvw, for what? for winning a match/week? for climbing a position in a useless ranking? There is no point at all to really play wvw, only the love for pvp and fight. Arenanet fail in the endgame content of this game. Ignoring always what the community ask for or wanted.

The ppl is getting bored, is the natural way when you do what arenanet did.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

FA got two guilds from SoR, and both SoS and FA realized that either could roll low and end up in T3. Both servers have large night populations who get nauseous at the thought of another week of SBI blobbing and YB’s arrow cart fetish.

in WvW

Chris.3290

Just read this, thought I´ll share it because it´s on topic: http://www.votf.net/page/index.html/_/articles/farewell-guild-wars-2-r22

The summation was a little estoteric (game studio vs. corporation); but mostly spot on.

The original Guild Wars retained a large population for over 7 years; from 2005 through the 2012 launch of GW2. At the current pace one wonders if GW2 is going to make it to the 3 years or even 2 years.

The Living Story concept was implemented in GW1 and was mostly successful, as the updates were spaced out and made long term changes.
The ADHD pace, along with the complete disregard for the awesome PvP/WvW environments they created is not a successful mix.

The lack of desire to improve upon the largest scale PvP I’ve ever seen in any game is unforgivable not just from a fan standpoint, but as a simple matter of business-sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

FA got two guilds from SoR, and both SoS and FA realized that either could roll low and end up in T3. Both servers have large night populations who get nauseous at the thought of another week of SBI blobbing and YB’s arrow cart fetish.

Whacutalkin bout Chris? SBI is going to roll high this week so it’ll be us, TC and FA and you and Mag and Yaks. That should be fun right?

in WvW

Chris.3290

Whacutalkin bout Chris? SBI is going to roll high this week so it’ll be us, TC and FA and you and Mag and Yaks. That should be fun right?

We are gaining the exact number of points that you are right now, so the odds will be the same as they were last week when we jumped into T2. All we need to do is roll a little higher than you to stay.

Besides, our points are increasing during the week (and you know how we roll on Fridays) while Maguuma tends to pick itself up during the week.

Either way, the cruel lords of RNG will be the deciding factor.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

There’s really only a handful of people that want to play defense to make sure we have waypoints. Everyone else wants to ignore that to follow the blob. You can only play that way so many times before you become a blobber yourself.

It’s not fun hanging back and refreshing siege that you yourself ran to and from north camp 500 times to build from your own blueprints, while everyone else leaves the map outmanned to go actually kill people.

On Mag we have never not been out-manned during 16 hours of game time. Right now SBI has more players in Oceanic AND NA prime time. WTH? In the middle of the week they have queued maps.

The only way to fix this is to limit the amount allowed players on a map based on how many the other team has. This is what WoW did to an extent, but they buffed the lower populated faction exponentially for each % of out-manned. So instead of 60 vs 10, you have 20 vs 10 until 10 has 20, then the cap increases to 40, then 60, then whatever the actual queue is. Abandoning a map can’t really force people off a map with this method, but that team will get bored there and start trying to queue toward somewhere else. This gives at least some chance for the losing/lower-pop team to keep an interest. This hurts people who transfer-to-win only.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

It’s declined on CD with a few guilds leaving and a handful of regular commanders. But it looks like we’re making a turn around slowly but surely with the assets we do have. TBH we’re just waiting for a few of our smaller guilds to step up with a 10man group and a commander that won’t get killed at every engagement to gain their trust. Takes time for new guys to get into the swing of things especially if they’re getting wiped.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Obviously we don’t have a problem with numbers on JQ but in my guild, I’ve noticed people are coming back now. After the long holiday break, people are getting back into the game. The new living story update, season 1 WvW over, and holidays ending, we are seeing the population rise again with less and less inactive players.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

There’s really only a handful of people that want to play defense to make sure we have waypoints. Everyone else wants to ignore that to follow the blob. You can only play that way so many times before you become a blobber yourself.

It’s not fun hanging back and refreshing siege that you yourself ran to and from north camp 500 times to build from your own blueprints, while everyone else leaves the map outmanned to go actually kill people.

On Mag we have never not been out-manned during 16 hours of game time. Right now SBI has more players in Oceanic AND NA prime time. WTH? In the middle of the week they have queued maps.

The only way to fix this is to limit the amount allowed players on a map based on how many the other team has. This is what WoW did to an extent, but they buffed the lower populated faction exponentially for each % of out-manned. So instead of 60 vs 10, you have 20 vs 10 until 10 has 20, then the cap increases to 40, then 60, then whatever the actual queue is. Abandoning a map can’t really force people off a map with this method, but that team will get bored there and start trying to queue toward somewhere else. This gives at least some chance for the losing/lower-pop team to keep an interest. This hurts people who transfer-to-win only.

Mag came very fight centric as expected IMO. We are definitely out covering you, emphasis on SEA time, but dont exagerate.

Mag’s EU triples my militia in size and are more coordinated ( Props to [NOVA], there is sti some folks around to fight during late SEA and your NA is solid and stronger than SBI’s most week days.

We have not queued anything from Ocx/SEA/EU, Ebg gets queued on NA but thats about it and mag easily counters the pugs there

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I R THERE. Loving it too, fun fights are fairly easy to find, you even find people who want to fight you rather than running for the nearest [insert team color] portal.

The peeps on Mag have been fairly cool too, I have seen slim-none PPT-griping. Every server has those PPT-gazers, but from what I have seen in a 3 day sample there is far less of it than on the lower tiers, which makes me happy.

Yes, Savannah, Abra & Red came too. Let us know when this happens. It’d be great to play on the same server for once.

Alright cool Mag seems like a cool place to be, whenever they get around to making wvw and the game in general interesting again ill be there.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

with games announced and coming out with dedicated realm v realm(WvW style) not surprised it drops. several pre mades are announced too taking dedicated WvW players with video screenshot to prove they are skilled.

when those games hit the market gw2 is gonna lose more WvW and guilds and the quality will drop even more so basically gw2 is gonna take a critical hit in quality and gg.

in WvW

Posted by: KDXX.9520

KDXX.9520

A lot of things are killing WvW in general.
-Same Maps
-A refusal to address PPT, Zerg, and Class Balence Issues.
-An artificial bloat in server populations, i.e. mercenary guilds.
-As a result of the above, the general sense that money > skill. Spend money, buy Gems, convert to Gold, Buy Guilds, get 24/7 coverage, win.

What is the POINT of the Edge of the Mists map? Most of the time there aren’t any queues anyway. The only people who will be on that map will be players from the artificially bloated servers.

Back when Anet announce it’s 2 week update schedule, I said to myself “this won’t end well. They’ll get so caught up in releasing on time, that they’ll stop quality checking, or backtracking. Also gold inflation’s going to skyrocket.”

Guess what. Both things happened. Hopefully the Wintersday hiatus that Anet has taken is because they realized things were going too fast.

I can’t speak for everyone, but me, I bought this game because it wasn’t “just another pay to win, problems are ignored.” MMO. And Anet appeared to me to be a company that actually cared more about the quality of their product than the money it generated.

I have for the longest time been really unshakable in my determination to believe in Anet. But with the way they’re letting WvW languish, and their apparent refusal to seriously address it’s problems. Well…I think my Stability buff just ran out.

in WvW

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Where Ebay is concerned I heard we lost a few guilds to other servers – traitors! :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Edge of the Mists does not count toward ppt (afaik) and the guilds who care more about fights than ppt will go there. If Edge of the Mists is as promising as it sounds and if it were out already, my guild probably would not have moved servers to find fights. As it is, we cannot idle around bored to death for several weeks (months? years?) until the new map is available.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

King in BS and BS on Maguuma? Craziness. Say hi to Obs, I guess!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Best of luck to VoTF wherever their adventures may take then.

One of the very few top end guilds in this game that I had respect for. They were always in it for the challenge and testing themselves against the competition, that’s what PvP is suppose to be about. It’s not meant to be this stupid kittening PPT meta with map politics, buying guilds and throwing matches along with the other myriad of bullkitten I’ve had to endure playing in NA T1 for the past year.

Good luck sirs!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

It’s not meant to be this stupid kittening PPT meta with map politics, buying guilds and throwing matches along with the other myriad of bullkitten I’ve had to endure playing in NA T1 for the past year.

Nobody has to “endure” T1. There are seven other tiers, you know…

in WvW

styx.7294

It’s not meant to be this stupid kittening PPT meta with map politics, buying guilds and throwing matches along with the other myriad of bullkitten I’ve had to endure playing in NA T1 for the past year.

No, no! People in tier 1 shouldn’t have to transfer – it’s ridiculous to assume that people’s loyalty to their server should not be recognized and celebrated.

Everyone else, however, should immediately transfer to a more competitive tier.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I’ll happily take donations for the 10000 gold it will cost to move my guild to another tier.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

styx.7294

I’ll happily take donations for the 10000 gold it will cost to move my guild to another tier.

That’s a lot of money. Bet it’s just as much money to transfer to my rank 21 server as it is to yours.

ArenaNet, what the kitten? How is that still not fixed?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

When EQ Next comes out and if it is at good as it sounds like it could be, GW2 will probably take a hit to the player base and WvW will empty out even more.

EQNext is 2 yrs away at least. We know next to nothing about it except that maybe female dwarves will have beards and..oh yeah…they are gonna use voxels to beat up the world with. Presumably, to give the player something to do instead of playing the game?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Not dying in TC right now….but a new PvE expansion / update could hurt, lol.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

DR set a new record last night. We had outmanned buff as soon as the reset happened in eb. After an hour or so we lost our whole side and still had the outmanned buff going when I loged out. Time to shut the server down and let us transfer or combine us with another low pop server.

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

FC has the same amount as launch.. yet weve moved up 2-3 tiers since the other servers have died haha

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

I spent about a week+ in TC (one of the best wvw community btw, absolutely civil and smart commanders like Jadon/NOPE & Nite/ZZZZ) and noted T2 pops. I am back in T1. There’s increased attrition on some nights on both T1 and T2 now. Look at JQ and SOR PPT at NA Prime, <200PPT. Attrition has dramatically increased in the last week.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Not dying in TC right now….but a new PvE expansion / update could hurt, lol.

while i agree that it isn’t what could be considered to be “dying” on TC, the numbers over the past couple weeks definitely have dropped. even during NA primetime. you’re absolutely right that new PvE content would hurt. especially if there’s something like kites or wings or something being given out during it. or, even worse, a new SAB installment.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Vabbi took a big hit after leagues. Some of the bigger guilds transferred, others stopped playing WvW altogether (mine included). A couple are back now though. We started playing WvW and generally GW2 more again since this week.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: allstarpro.4610

allstarpro.4610

BP seems to be dying all of a sudden as well. 2 weeks ago we had alright numbers. Now can’t even seem to compete with HoD

Sovereign Union leader

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

King in BS and BS on Maguuma? Craziness. Say hi to Obs, I guess!

Yeah bro, got tired of trying to roam on lower tiers and see 4-5 people in an hour…Then get funneled to EB to find a fight and see 50 people sitting on siege, or 20 willing to chase you solo.

I joined BS because Belle swore she was going to teach me how to play League of Angels.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

BP seems to be dying all of a sudden as well. 2 weeks ago we had alright numbers. Now can’t even seem to compete with HoD

Few of the major BP guilds want to fight a horribly overweight oceanic DB yet another week. Between the death matches of leagues and one of the most un-fun locked matchups since our 13 week EBay stretch, BP has checked out and probably won’t come back until we are unlocked from DB.

In a sense the server is tanking just to get back with similar NA Prime servers. CDs oceanic transferring to DB made an already poor PvDoor experience WAY worse.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Few of the major BP guilds want to fight a horribly overweight oceanic DB yet another week. Between the death matches of leagues and one of the most un-fun locked matchups since our 13 week EBay stretch, BP has checked out and probably won’t come back until we are unlocked from DB.

In a sense the server is tanking just to get back with similar NA Prime servers. CDs oceanic transferring to DB made an already poor PvDoor experience WAY worse.

What? CD’s Oceanic transferred to DB? gg CD and DB.

in WvW

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

I play on BP also.

I can’t tell if its dieing or not, but personally i’m still having a lot of fun running with guildies or other crews getting into fights and collecting loot bags. Yes, our constant matchup with Dragonbrand means we get PVD’d out the proverbial, but it doesn’t really matter. There’s always someone to fight and usually good open field battles to be had at times other than peak Oceanic.

I just look forward to the day we have an Oceanic crew big enough to start rolling these PVD’ers.

in WvW

Chris.3290

BP is so sparsely populated at night that they don’t know the difference between Oceanic and SEA apparently (DB and CD were heavy on SouthEast Asia; not Oceanic).
I think just about everyone in tiers 2,3 and 4 are extremely hopeful that Yak’s Bend will drop a spot and bring DB back up. Not that they are ready for Tier 3, but it will be more interesting at least.

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I remember DB being pretty dead outside of their overwhelming SEA, so it was not very fun

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: allstarpro.4610

allstarpro.4610

I play on BP also.

I can’t tell if its dieing or not, but personally i’m still having a lot of fun running with guildies or other crews getting into fights and collecting loot bags. Yes, our constant matchup with Dragonbrand means we get PVD’d out the proverbial, but it doesn’t really matter. There’s always someone to fight and usually good open field battles to be had at times other than peak Oceanic.

I just look forward to the day we have an Oceanic crew big enough to start rolling these PVD’ers.

Yeah at night (6pm server) its not bad, but anytime before that there is no one there. Just disappointing that we (BP) are taking it. We have fought DB on multiple occasions and won. Now we can barely beat HoD.

Sovereign Union leader

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

The stuff about CD transferring to DB is made up (TC got those). BP seems to just be a karma training pvd server at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The stuff about CD transferring to DB is made up (TC got those). BP seems to just be a karma training pvd server at the moment.

Some of their crew did indeed transfer to DB. Both CD and DB were two of the three former homes of our guild.

Any server that is heavy in one time zone but not another PvDoors. One need look no further than DB in the NA morning ticking for 600+ while BP/HoD is out manned on every map to see proof of that. It isn’t till 1PM EST that our server rallies which it has almost completely stopped doing over the last couple weeks.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I can’t speak for everyone, but my experience has been that IoJ sat at the bottom of Silver Leauge with NSP and week after week got demolished by YB SBI and FA. However, fighting against superior numbers all the time does teach you some new tricks, and now IoJ fights with extra sharp claws.

We came off Silver in last place, and when our time to fight with HoD came around, we had a week where the score between first and third place servers were 300 points apart. It. Was. an epic week. CD won.

I also know that we are square in the middle of the WvW rankings. While our fights don’t compare to the skill-lag plagued blob-on-blob action in T1, We Are Relentless.

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

WvW on SOS is doing great.

I think the key problem for WvW is when it gets too large you simply have a lot of classes that don’t scale, a lot of skills that get drowned in the zerg and too few ways to fight and defend.

Getting zergs to about 16ish a side would make things so much more dynamic. Need more zerg busting skills (you can have a LOT of 16 person groups so long as you don’t wind up with 30v40 type fights).

The biggest factor in WvW fun seems to be keeping the queues down and the zergs at manageable size.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Since the utterly disappointing Season 1 reward/conclusion and the ever-same maps, gameplay/meta and most importantly the glaring issues, I have been utterly burned out by WvW and consequently GW2.
I can only imagine many are feeling the same. My server actually has right now less people online than before we got stacked up during seasons.
EotN won’t fix that as it does nothing to improve upon competitive, dedicated WvW play and it is still months away to begin with.