WvW in this game is a joke.

in WvW

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

Why it’s a joke? I played on Blacktide server and because of boring WvW I transfered my account to Vabbi (free transfer). Now I understand why Vabbi is last everywhere. We fight very good and bravely even if we’re outnumbered (lol, we’re better than Blacktide!) So why we’re last? Because of lack of people. Everyone zerg us: RoS, FoW, Dzagonur, Blacktide. We’re outnumbered again, again, again and again. You sold this game not only because of “epic” story and “dynamic” events but also because of WvW. And what? Instead of make some boost for small servers, like Vabbi, you’re making new map for queue.

Someone from ANet should transfer his account to Vabbi and play WvW for awhile.

So, ANet, what are you going to do with this?
1) Say: “Nothing is off the table.”
2) Say: “We don’t see anything wrong here.”
3) Say: “[after one year] We’re still working on that problem. You’ll see exciting changes before next year.”
4) Merge servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I agree and it’s something I just made a post about right here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/World-vs-Door-vs-Door/first#post3097843

Personally: I think the problem lies with a variety of things:

• Server imbalance
  • Zerging is being rewarded
  • Outnumbered players don’t have a way to strike back
  • Outmanned buff means nothing
  • There’s no motivation to do small-group actions (because you’ll get rolled over by an enemy zerg no matter what you try)
Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I admire your loyalty.But there is no way I’d put myself through what you all are going through.A game is supposed to be fun,being a prisoner in your own home is no fun.

Dzagonur 41 157
Ruins of Surmia 54 409
Vabbi 13 450

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I actually would wanna see how it is in vabbi if even lowest tier server can outblob you this bad.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I want a large an guild to xfer to vabbi to see how many people will begin playing eu prime when they see they are winning from night caps

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

I’m afraid they’ll be asked to leave because according to this thread vabbi doesn’t want large guilds transferring: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/EU-Your-season-1-winner-predictions/page/2#post3097722

in WvW

Posted by: Merry.7290

Merry.7290

I believe Anet has made a lot of great improvements to WvW; the latest being Seasons. However, the one thing that isn’t addressed are lower population servers who have to fight much higher population servers almost every week. It is demoralizing to fight week after week and lose. Seriously, what can you do when you go onto a map and you’re outnumbered 7 to 1?

Higher population servers get more and more rewards while leeching guilds and players from smaller population servers who will clog up the queues even more, while leaving their previous server with even fewer players out there fighting. Yes, players can transfer to higher population servers and make their server even weaker, but they lose everything they build there.

We all paid the same amount of cash for our games, but we don’t all get the same game play through no fault of our own. Though we had a lot of improvements this is the one issue that never seems to get fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

This issue is important and needs to be addressed! There needs to be an incentive to spread people out.

The history of WvW development so far:

WvW ranks reward people for transferrin to more blobby fights.

Leagues moved dozens of guilds into higher tiers.

New map is not going to help.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

I’m afraid they’ll be asked to leave because according to this thread vabbi doesn’t want large guilds transferring: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/EU-Your-season-1-winner-predictions/page/2#post3097722

With good reason. We don’t have blobs on Vabbi. If big guilds transfers, instead of escaping the blob, they become the blob themselves. This has been said often, so I don’t see why you take it as a truth?

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

OP are you for real?
The issue of the vast majority of servers (basically everything but the last ~3-4 servers) is massive overpopulation during and close to primetime, with hour long queues, and when you come on the map, unbearable lag due to the number of players.
Servers like Vabbi are at the very extreme end of the spectrum.
They should drop improvements for 98%+ of players in favor of your small demographic? This is entitlement right there.

Please do not ever talk about that again until you experienced a 2 hour or 3 hour queue.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I feel your pain OP but there are gonna be many in those high populated servers that won’t be able to meet the league minimum requirements to be eligible for end of season awards due to sitting in queue and/or maps completely favoring their servers colors so there is little to no properties to flip.

In fact there are a few high profile guilds in Tier 1 NA that have transferred off already or plan on dropping to lower tiers due to the above issue and am sure there will be more transferring as season 1 winds down.

In other words, Grass is not always Greener…

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

WvW on Vabbi is madness cause of:
too much QQ (players are assaulting each other, especially when commander with 5 ppl on him loose battle against 100)
nobody on TS (when they are, zero cooperation) impossible to explain them, that on other servers is 30+ in one channel – cooperating
no cooperation, hunting one player (in 20ppl <- thats our whole zerg) through whole map is primary for most ppl, even we loose towers/keeps/large battles
a lot of players blame coomanders for tagging on (cause 20vs20 is not abour skill – reality is, we are 5 vs 100 than)

BUT we have no armor damage and queues, yeeeei
my points is: transfer to Vabbi, you will get reward from your server (at the end of season) and on Vabbi, you have no queues

4ever roaming

in WvW

Posted by: PizzaSHARK.2741

PizzaSHARK.2741

They should drop improvements for 98%+ of players in favor of your small demographic? This is entitlement right there.

Well, yeah.

We fight very good and bravely even if we’re outnumbered (lol, we’re better than Blacktide!)

Did you really expect anything intelligent from someone that’s using that as a reason for ANY change to the game?

I dunno. WvW is pretty fun when it’s not just three giant blobs of players wandering around and either chasing each other or ignoring each other in favor of taking and re-taking the same objectives in giant circles.

I feel like dealing with the blob-iness of WvW is currently a bigger issue than worrying about player populations; if you make changes that discourage or otherwise reduce the effectiveness of blobbing, you’re also going to end up helping out the “our blobs are always smaller than their blobs” issue, too.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

We, FoW, do not zerg you. Well not in the way you experience from higher tiers. We outnumber you in some way that is not our fault. As you know wsr can get strong in numbers too so therefor it’s not wise to run around on EB with small groups.
There are some on fow, like me, that do not participate on taking on vabbi keep or veloka/meldon. I just do not like the fact to kick people off the map while they do not have the numbers, it makes me want to quit.
Recently transfered people might blob on you that I don’t know off because I just do not go to “your” area of EB.

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

The OP’s post isn’t about the specific situation of Vabbi. It’s about

• the poor state of WvW server balance,
  • the sad phenomenon of blobs,
  • the auto-attack mob farming a solo guy,
  • the lack of tactics and competition.

in WvW

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

Thank you, Sirendor. My english isn’t too good, as you can see, so I appreciate your help.
I’m not talking only about Vabbi, I’m talking about every small-populated server. I know that queue is more important than small-populated server because there’s a lot of “medium” and “high” servers. I just don’t understand why ANet don’t want to speak about it, say what they think about it and what they’re going to do with this. Comunication between us and ANet [WvW] it’s just sad. If WvW isn’t important to them, why they’ve added this function to the game? They could make Alliance Battle, it’s less lore-stupid than WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Merry.7290

Merry.7290

The population imbalance affects a lot of the mid-range tiers to; it’s not just the lowest populations. Many servers are winning due to the population imbalances and that’s what so frustrating to many of us. No matter what you do and how well you play you will lose.

It’s harder to get PvE players into WvW and organize them when every time they hop into WvW they are outmanned 7 to 1 or on a good day 3 to 1. Giving free transfers to players hopping onto lower populations might help a bit. However, a lot of guilds don’t want to lose everything they built on their server and start from scratch, otherwise we would see more players and transferring even if it wasn’t free.