WvW is unplayable thanks to skill lag

in WvW

Posted by: PsYcHoSeAn.4835

PsYcHoSeAn.4835

Yup…I think that’s the best thing you can do. Already impossible when 2 servers clash (15-20 second skill lag at least). If you have all 3 servers inside SM for example you can just Alt + F4 cause even auto attacking is impossible.

I know it has been bad in the past, but this current performance is really pathethic. Just shut WvW down until your servers can handle the player numbers or limit it to 10 players per server or so…but if you let this game run like that is an insult for every player who bought this game.

Sincerely,
a WvW only player from Desolation

Just another hammer swinging warrior from [INVI] on Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Fixy.6193

Fixy.6193

Sadly I have the same feeling and after 8 months now it feels like we’ll never get a playable wvw

in WvW

Posted by: kurath.9406

kurath.9406

playable wvw already exists on 66% of other servers.

Genesis Theory [GT] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Great title. Hardly helpful let alone reasonable though. One alternative for you might be to quit playing, since for you it results in the same thing. “Fix it or I quit”. Also, set yourself a time frame, least you be stuck threatening forever.

in WvW

Posted by: Alesh.4196

Alesh.4196

agree. We are in 2013 you should be able to get servers which can handle WvW fights

Poke Master – Commander [TaG]/[ICON] RoF

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Yes, turns out WvW is quite fun too.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

No skill lag no ques outside the top tiers.

I have seen pics of the T1-2 zergs no pvp game I have ever played could handle those numbers not even close. You are talking 150+ on screen with hundred more in the zone. I dont know how people could enjoy that kind of fighting even without skill lag.

/shrug

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

PsYcHoSeAn.4835

Great title. Hardly helpful let alone reasonable though. One alternative for you might be to quit playing, since for you it results in the same thing. “Fix it or I quit”. Also, set yourself a time frame, least you be stuck threatening forever.

Sure…ill just quit and say “hmm 45 Euro but the only interesting part for me is broken. I’ll just stop playing again. It was worth a try!”

I usually appreciate fanboys because they are very entertaining but I think your comment is a lot less helpful than my title.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyo.7369

Kyo.7369

This post is sad, I quite enjoy WvWvW atm, and I’m in the top tier bracket…

Sure, the lag happens, but it is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. I get some skill lag when massive fights break out, but the longest I have ever gone without being able to cast a spell of is around 3-4 seconds, which is indeed noticeable, but quite rare and not game breaking.

Coming from World of Warcraft, and being a WPvPer there are a large populated server, zerging in that game is about 300x as worse as it is on GW2, where 150 people in a small room fighting some orc brute can make the server completely disconnect, skills lagging for upwards of 1 minute or so.

TL;DR

The lag isn’t that bad, get over it. If it starts to become a serious issue, I’m sure ArenaNet will purchase server upgrades in the future. This game hasn’t even been released for a full year yet, don’t be so hasty.

Guardian Kyo
Arkham[Ark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

It’s the zergs causing the lag the servers can’t handle the population clashes in top tiers hence why only key 1 works as it has priority over everything else for these situations.

It’s easy to say that 66% of other servers don’t have a problem however if those in top tiers can’t WvW and it doesn’t get fixed people will flood down to those 66% and bring the lag with them.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

• **** ******* ********, please, this game is about 10 months old. Go make your own game if you feel this doesn’t meet your standards.

Post edited by moderator. Please refrain from using offensive language.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

• ******* ******** please, this game is about 10 months old. Go make your own game if you feel this doesn’t meet your standards.

Remarks like these aren’t in the least bit helpful.

To the OP, I have to simply parrot what’s been said. This is barely a problem for most of the tiers so if you’re finding it unplayable you should consider transferring down a few tiers. To this end, I do feel more could be done to facilitate transfers of this nature but if you’re experience is a bad as you say it is, it would be worth all the gold you can get.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: jiddo.8041

jiddo.8041

Yup…I think that’s the best thing you can do. Already impossible when 2 servers clash (15-20 second skill lag at least). If you have all 3 servers inside SM for example you can just Alt + F4 cause even auto attacking is impossible.

I know it has been bad in the past, but this current performance is really pathethic. Just shut WvW down until your servers can handle the player numbers or limit it to 10 players per server or so…but if you let this game run like that is an insult for every player who bought this game.

Sincerely,
a WvW only player from DESOLATION

Found your problem…
Maybe try not to run in 80 player blobs once in a while or transfer to lower tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Ok its like beating a dead horse, but Anet should have limited the amount of ppl per server a lot more harshly. The fact that people stack the T1 servers is the reason you are experiencing this.

in WvW

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

I have seen pics of the T1-2 zergs no pvp game I have ever played could handle those numbers not even close. You are talking 150+ on screen with hundred more in the zone. I dont know how people could enjoy that kind of fighting even without skill lag.

/shrug

eve online

Ok its like beating a dead horse, but Anet should have limited the amount of ppl per server a lot more harshly. The fact that people stack the T1 servers is the reason you are experiencing this.

If they actually made the game as guild wars not server wars then server stacking wouldn’t be the problem. Let people create independent alliances on a ladder system or sandbox it ffs, there wouldn’t be as much lop sided stacking. They made server wars so they could make money from transfers. It’s a company and they need to make money. Thats while they have continually failed to support the only actual active community that games have, which is pvp, because we don’t spend as much money in the cash shop as pve swarm does. We just have to deal with that.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Honestly Ive had it happen on Gates of Madness in T8 at umber of all places. Happens lots of times there is a decent sized fight in sm or one of the keeps. So anyone who only says it happens in the upper tiers is crazy.

Might not happen as often but it does happen.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Arkenrath.4367

Arkenrath.4367

Until they make it more strategically effective to run in smaller groups than to zerg, WvW is just not as much fun for me… though like a lemming with a head injury I keep trying…

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

lower tiers are way more fun and perform much better

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

>Plays in the top tier servers
>Complains about lag

Good logic!
T7 server here and i could not be more happy with WvW.
Do you guys realise theirs servers in t8 t7 t6 that could really use the population or coverage boost with a bonus of no lag?

Mr(s) Starkk

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Move servers… we very rarely get any lag and are having a blast in WvW.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Sure…ill just quit and say “hmm 45 Euro but the only interesting part for me is broken. I’ll just stop playing again. It was worth a try!”

I usually appreciate fanboys because they are very entertaining but I think your comment is a lot less helpful than my title.

Contact customer support. Lodge your complaint. Ask for a refund and have your account deactivated.

Call me names all you want, this is your problem, deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

Not sure what your talking about in tier 2 na I hardly ever get skill lag. Inly when 3 servers are going for smc. Maybe your pc cant handle it try lowering your settings

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’d like to not have my WvW shut down, thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I’d like to not have my WvW shut down, thank you.

Same… It’s working for the other 80% of us that aren’t on heavily populated super-zergy servers. Not exactly constructive know, but ever thought about dropping a few tiers? It helps.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Fixy.6193

Fixy.6193

The issue is not about tier it’s about game design, number of players on wvw maps should capped to what the server can handle.

in WvW

Posted by: InfernoCrossing.8063

InfernoCrossing.8063

WvW has several issues, yes, but completely shutting it down would call down the fury of a thousand Superman Primes.

[Stormbluff Isle since September ’12] |VZ|
Ragnarune | Lily Vinheim | Voirdere
Viezza

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

/shrug

eve online

If they actually made the game as guild wars not server wars then server stacking wouldn’t be the problem. Let people create independent alliances on a ladder system or sandbox it ffs, there wouldn’t be as much lop sided stacking. They made server wars so they could make money from transfers. It’s a company and they need to make money. Thats while they have continually failed to support the only actual active community that games have, which is pvp, because we don’t spend as much money in the cash shop as pve swarm does. We just have to deal with that.

Umm…you do realize that it was free to transfer til just this year, right? They did that because players were complaining about people transferring so easily and upsetting the server numbers. So, it is wrong to say that they made it that way just to profit from server transfers. Also, unlike a lot of other games, you don’t have to use real life currency to purchase gems….so the PvE/PvX’ers really do not have to pay for stuff…

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in WvW

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.5964

Talon Silverhawk.5964

Sincerely,
a WvW only player from Desolation

There 2 good servers at the bottom Vabbi and Fissure of Woe that could do with help. Move your guild to one of them and help them. This will mean lass lag for you and maybe more fun on a different level.
As a ROF player fighting them this week, I am sure they be happy to have you. There a good lot also and very loyal to there server.

Colourseliteuk [CEUK]

in WvW

Posted by: Tiamant.1897

Tiamant.1897

They could have avoided all the skill lag easily if they would have limited the player base on each borderland and creating way more borderlands so the masses are more evenly spread out= Less blobbing/zerging=Less lagging=more tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

“omg fix culling!! its unplayable”

- ok we’re allow you to see all the players but it will cause a lot of stress on you machines and connections

“just do it already!!”

…2 months later

“you were right!! it lags!! but we need this fixed I want to see all 500 players running at a high fps on my kittenty connection – FIX IT”

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I noticed a big improvement in skill lag in T1 garrison fights. I don’t know how long you’ve been around but at least I can cast sometimes and it doesn’t skip so many frames. It used to slow down….time dilates and things would stre e e e e t c h out a lot. Skills would light up and flash like a holiday decoration after being pressed. You could only autoattack. Now things are a bit better but, ya, there’s still skill lag.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Every month the patch notes include, improving performance on WvW but every month it gets worse and worse.

But last month (before last patch) my lag has decreased ALOT, but since new patch its back and even worse then ever. It used to start to lag on 60 man groups vs 60 right? Now it already starts on 30 v 30.

I think there is no fix for this.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

PsYcHoSeAn.4835

Exactly. It has never been that bad in the past. 50vs50 fights were ofc rather laggy but now even smallest skirmishes produce enormous skilllag. and if theres a bigger battle you can feel it on the whole map.

And if you got …let’s say 3 minute of skilllag you got 3 minutes of insane frenzy afterwards were your auto attacks and skills cast twice as fast. It’s like the game wants to “catch up” to what it missed.

Something has to happen there and it has to happen fast imho.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

i was there when sfr and kodash pushed into lords room with deso defending in SM. nothing worked. is the solution really to move to lower tier? or maybe we should forbid 2 servers to attack same objective at same time?

the fact is this needs to be fixed in game performance area, nothing else will do it. i am patient enough to wait for the fix, but at this moment things like what i described will continue happening. i wonder if good coordinated servers will start using it as a new meta… we’ve unfortunately seen what wvw was like before the culing was fixed…

lag them out of SM ftw!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

How come I play every day, virtually, if its unplayable?

Anyway, I only get lag when 3 big zergs come near each another, often at stonemist…

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

The lag makes WvW unplayable but i never want them to shut WvW down because if they do all the yaks will get lonely without my dagger hugs

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Spets the MilkBandit.9031

make me laugh when wagon servers complain about skill lag. You all piled into 1 server, what do you expect?
Yes its unfortunate, Yes they are working on it.

Tired of being a mindless zerg autoattacking and skill 1’ing? im sure that DR/NSP/HOD/ET/FC (and w/e low pop eu servers are there) will welcome you to their non-zerg, no-lag lovefest.

Until then. Enjoy the lag.

Smitry / Spets
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] Commander
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Honestly Ive had it happen on Gates of Madness in T8 at umber of all places. Happens lots of times there is a decent sized fight in sm or one of the keeps. So anyone who only says it happens in the upper tiers is crazy.

Might not happen as often but it does happen.

Even T8 will have the ability to grind this engine to a crawl if you have a 3way battle. Heck I remember 3 ways inside SM….good god I could hear my machine squeeling.

Just its a lot rarer for it to happen on the non stacked servers is my point. Honestly 1/2 or more of the population in T1 needs to GTFO to lower tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

only time I see bad skill lag is on reset night…..Im a tanky beast…soooo…in those worse case times. I just pull out the ol’ Hammer of smackdown and press button 1 and hope for a lag reduction. Still havin a blast at it…reset after reset.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: EdotMP.1835

EdotMP.1835

LOL

Imagine two 60 man zergs colliding in SMC and the third running in.

Welcome to Tier 2 skill lag, son!

Tarnished Coast – [TSF]
Unofficial Fruity Ezio

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I have had skill lag in tier 5 so over half the servers can experience it.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

“omg fix culling!! its unplayable”

- ok we’re allow you to see all the players but it will cause a lot of stress on you machines and connections

“just do it already!!”

…2 months later

“you were right!! it lags!! but we need this fixed I want to see all 500 players running at a high fps on my kittenty connection – FIX IT”

Can you please explain how you think FPS is related to network latency? Or, in this case, poor server responsiveness. Pay attention everyone, we are about to be enlightened.

in WvW

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Dear OP,

Are you sure its not your computer?

Anet fixed culling a bit which increase the graphic requirements abit.

In most zerg server lag fest, fps is fine and they can 1 attack.

if you cannot 1 attack, then i wonder if it is your computer?

Post your system spec?

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

ANet, please don’t shut WvW down. I am still having fun.

However, performance improvements are always welcome.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in WvW

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

Dear OP,

Post your system spec?

+1

My old system, which I FINALLY got around to upgrading, was horrible in this regard. Small skirmishes (10×10×10), no worries, no lag, just good fun. Zergwars w/ 50+ per side? I’d freeze in place. Can’t move, cast, etc. 5 seconds later I’d get 1 tick of movement. Next tick I was offered to WP cause I was dead. Note that this lag would happen even if I was sitting inside the castle/keep. I KNEW when a zerg was nearby because my fps would plummet.

On my system since my upgrade (Intel i7 3770K quad core overclocked to 3.9GHz, AMD HD7850 grfx, 8GB 2133MHz DDR3, 2TB 6GB/sec SATA HDD), I avg about 90fps in all but the largest zergfests. At worst I drop down to about 30-40fps….and that’s with all settings max’d. If I wanted to improve things, I could lower my settings in those big battles (150+ on-screen), but it’s perfectly playable as-is and wow….at max settings (which I could never use before) the grfx are stunning. Note this is for both fps and skill lag….I just don’t have an issue with either now.

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

(edited by Thorson.9218)

in WvW

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

What the kitten? FPS and lag literally have nothing to do with each other. I get 20-30 FPS in huge 3-way fights, which is perfectly fine with me. The lag tho, is a different story. When this happens, I can run around in the fight, see everything that’s going on, walk thru AoE. Nothing happens, none of my skills will fire, I don’t get hit by anything. If I try to waypoint out, I have to wait 5-10 seconds for it to take place. The other night, not even auto-attack was working. And yet, chat was fine. I know because the /map was complaining about lag. People on the other side of the map, escorting dollies had lag. That’s because the chat server is separate from the WvW server, which is the real culprit. This is the problem the OP is referring to, not FPS drops. Your machine that you have at home has nothing to do with this.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

make me laugh when wagon servers complain about skill lag. You all piled into 1 server, what do you expect?
Yes its unfortunate, Yes they are working on it.

Tired of being a mindless zerg autoattacking and skill 1’ing? im sure that DR/NSP/HOD/ET/FC (and w/e low pop eu servers are there) will welcome you to their non-zerg, no-lag lovefest.

Until then. Enjoy the lag.

I see what you did there.

We love you too NSP.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

What the kitten? FPS and lag literally have nothing to do with each other. I get 20-30 FPS in huge 3-way fights, which is perfectly fine with me. The lag tho, is a different story.

My edit and your post may have crossed in the ether. See the last bit where I noted that after upgrading my system, BOTH fps and skill lag are now non-existent. This could be due to any one of a number of things, but I just tossed out my system specs and rough performance results to give the OP some guidance on what others are experiencing.

Just to be clear, after upgrading my system to a relatively high spec, I no longer experience fps OR skill lag in large (100+ onscreen) zergfests. Comp specs may or may not be the source of the OP’s lag, but maybe it helps them find a solution.

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in WvW

PsYcHoSeAn.4835

Dear OP,

Post your system spec?

I think if it was my hardware I wouldn’t be able to do anything at all but I can.
My frames rarely drop below 40fps and I can jump, move and pick up stuff without a problem.

What I can’t do is use skills…so i’m pretty, pretty sure that the problem is not with me.

in WvW

Posted by: Jordiboy.2301

Jordiboy.2301

ok this LAG is now ridiculous we have about 50+ literally running around not particularly doing anything and im getting people ping back and forth all kinds of lag now im pretty sure its not my pc or my internet connection as both of mine are better than average so please fix this incredible lag because right now this game is unplayable

Nadroj Lionheart
Human Female Guardian
Officer of Excessum [Exss]