WvW night capping/whining/unbalance can be solved with a fairly easy fix.

in WvW

Posted by: Eathanskies.3817

Eathanskies.3817

While I understand night capping sucks, you’re suggesting punishing players in different timezones simply because they play at different hours to you.

Erik Fallon – Coalition of Space Magicians

in WvW

Posted by: clydey.4963

clydey.4963

A simpler solution would be to change the point distribution based on numbers. For example if said nightcappers were doing their wvw, if the other 2 servers have very low numbers of participants to reduce the amount of points given.

100 vs 14 vs 20 would net the 100 who captured everything a low point tally because they have nearly next to nothing resistance. While this doesn’t fully fix the problem of said server upgrading their keeps and towers to maximum it would stop them netting a large amount of points when noone is stopping them.

To those who say “well how is it fair when that’s the only time I get to play” you are still giving your server a huge advantage by controlling most of the maps while everyone is offline, they still have to take back those bases you just took and upgraded with little resistance. You’re still getting points, just nowhere near as many if you actually had people fighting against you. All this does is prevent you having a commanding lead with little to no effort.

(edited by clydey.4963)

in WvW

Posted by: Keldrath.4735

Keldrath.4735

Why are so many people from high population servers defending so hard their obvious advantage? I see these people constantly calling everyone whiners who doesn’t accept their numerical superiority as a challenge rather than the ridiculous balanced problem that it is. I have a feeling these same people who are calling everyone else “whiners” will be here whining when Anet finally does something to negate their unbalanced advantage.

The reason is, our servers know how the game works and adapted to it and worked hard to get to the position we are in. Your servers didn’t which is why they are losing to servers that did. This isn’t the games fault, its your servers fault.

Because our servers solved the problem, rather than begging ArenaNet to come in and solve it for us.

You guys are extremely sore losers and that’s all there is to it. Get better, or get beat. Don’t insult our servers because our servers prepared for a problem yours ignored.

80 Necromancer/Guardian/Mesmer
Isle of Janthir
Super Ultra Mega Awesome [SUMA]

in WvW

Posted by: Tzash.5748

Tzash.5748

Reading reponses from players claiming to be the best when they nightcap is hilarious.
Not targeting Austrialla players here mostly EU.

What will happen real soon is 80% of WvW players transfering to fully packed 24/7 WvW servers.
There are only a few servers who provide this, but i bet this is getting worse and worse

Soon you have 2 or 3 servers doing WvW and all the others are deserted, great future WvW has.

This attitude is really strange. If only a few servers can night cap then they will almost always play against each other. If all the other servers who can’t night cap play each other then they would be on a level playing field so why would they stop playing?

in WvW

Posted by: Temper.7265

Temper.7265

Overall numerical advantage is moot if you don’t have representation 24/7.

It’s like this is the first time a lot of EU/US players have realized that,there is life beyond their time zone.

Guess you’ll all have to break out of your EU/US mentality and start playing with an international approach.Much like Australians have had to do with most all online games.

Plenty of tools to use to rectify these problems.Not Anets problem if you fail to utilize them.

in WvW

Posted by: Drium.8509

Drium.8509

Why are so many people from high population servers defending so hard their obvious advantage? I see these people constantly calling everyone whiners who doesn’t accept their numerical superiority as a challenge rather than the ridiculous balanced problem that it is. I have a feeling these same people who are calling everyone else “whiners” will be here whining when Anet finally does something to negate their unbalanced advantage.

The reason is, our servers know how the game works and adapted to it and worked hard to get to the position we are in. Your servers didn’t which is why they are losing to servers that did. This isn’t the games fault, its your servers fault.

Because our servers solved the problem, rather than begging ArenaNet to come in and solve it for us.

You guys are extremely sore losers and that’s all there is to it. Get better, or get beat. Don’t insult our servers because our servers prepared for a problem yours ignored.

If you can’t win without abusing the fact your server went out of its way to exploit the fact you can outnumber your enemy 100:1, you don’t even deserved to be called competitive. By all means, you’re the worst servers, because you can’t fight on equal footing and you demand to retain your unfair advantage.

in WvW

Tzash.5748

If you can’t win without abusing the fact your server went out of its way to exploit the fact you can outnumber your enemy 100:1, you don’t even deserved to be called competitive. By all means, you’re the worst servers, because you can’t fight on equal footing and you demand to retain your unfair advantage.

Wait, what?

So because a server is incapable of organising itself or fielding a decent number of players then all other servers should handicap themselves?

This attitude that everything is ANet’s fault is silly when there are a number of servers that had the foresight to go out and address the issue. I’m not even on one of those servers and I can still applaud their approach.

in WvW

Posted by: Keldrath.4735

Keldrath.4735

We are fighting on nearly equal footing at the top of the bracket thank you very much.

All of the top 4 servers have night teams.

And it’s not exploiting, it’s called looking at the game, seeing its 24/7 and realizing, hey we aren’t all going to be able to play 24 hours per day, maybe we should team up with other people who play at times we don’t?

80 Necromancer/Guardian/Mesmer
Isle of Janthir
Super Ultra Mega Awesome [SUMA]

in WvW

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

It is going to be hilarious when the hammer drops. I fully expect your type to be here with post after post “crying” about your lost numerical advantage. It will be glorious.

The only thing that will make me “cry” is if, because of your type, I’m unable to play WvW at all. I’m an American currently working in Asia. Since I plan on returning to the states in the next year, I play on an American server. What you are asking for would virtually prevent me from playing WvW at all.

I somewhat agree with your type that number advantage should be diminished in some way. I just don’t agree with your purposed solution. The only thing that should happen, if anything does (since the ladder system will address this over time) is to make out numbered servers earn more points for structures they hold. Anything else punishes players for playing when they can which is asinine.

And for all you know I could be on a losing server since I didn’t say which server I’m on.

in WvW

Drium.8509

The fact that you genuinely think this is fun or balanced baffles me. This isn’t skill, it’s zerging.

And now that the night crews have all picked their servers, how are the other servers supposed to get any? Think about it for more than five seconds. Abusing people’s downtime to win when they aren’t playing isn’t fair, and it doesn’t even give you a challenge.

I’ll stop considering it a problem when and if your servers all end up playing against each others and the other servers can actually have some real competitions of skill instead of who can zerg better during low activity times.

in WvW

Xpiher.5209

The fact that you genuinely think this is fun or balanced baffles me. This isn’t skill, it’s zerging.
And now that the night crews have all picked their servers, how are the other servers supposed to get any? Think about it for more than five seconds. Abusing people’s downtime to win when they aren’t playing isn’t fair, and it doesn’t even give you a challenge.
I’ll stop considering it a problem when and if your servers all end up playing against each others and the other servers can actually have some real competitions of skill instead of who can zerg better during low activity times.

Why don’t you guys try to team up with the other server you are playing with who don’t have a dedicated night capping “team” and create one with both servers? You know its 3 faction PvP for a reason right? If you both coordinate against the winning team, you can prevent them from getting more points at night than they should. More can be done than simply calling for ANET to fix the supposed problem.

Also, why should I be punished simply because I play during off times? Isn’t it enough for your server to earn more points for being out numbered?

in WvW

Tzash.5748

I’ll stop considering this a non-issue when the ranking system has had time to settle in. Right now too many people are complaining about a single lost match.

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

I’m sorry, but hard caps simply punishes players who play when you don’t. The only thing that should happen is what I suggested above, other wise you break the system.

Also, as other have stated, nothing is stopping you from forming night teams with people who play on an American Server from Asia. And if you are that out numbered, maybe your server should go on a recruitment drive to get more people interested in WvW.

It is going to be hilarious when the hammer drops. I fully expect your type to be here with post after post “crying” about your lost numerical advantage. It will be glorious.

The moment they start kicking people from WvW because you got your way and made it into sPvP is the moment they loose a lot of WvW players and then the cap will have to be even smaller for the remainder of you.

in WvW

Drium.8509

Why don’t you guys try to team up with the other server you are playing with who don’t have a dedicated night capping “team” and create one with both servers? You know its 3 faction PvP for a reason right? If you both coordinate against the winning team, you can prevent them from getting more points at night than they should. More can be done than simply calling for ANET to fix the supposed problem.

Also, why should I be punished simply because I play during off times? Isn’t it enough for your server to earn more points for being out numbered?

I’m sorry, what?

Being outnumbered might give a bonus to karma, magic find and exp, but how are we supposed to use this when we’re being spawn camped at every single exit of our base, and there’s five defenders at every objective besides?

That buff is not only meaningless, it’s salt in the wound. “Here, have a buff for being outmanned, not that you can use it since you’re being spawn camped.”

I’m going to keep calling for Anet to fix the problem, and so will thousands more. They’re going to do something about it sooner or later, and it’s going to be hilarious to watch the night crews cry because their unfair tactics got wrecked.

in WvW

Temper.7265

Drium

The night crews have not all picked their servers.

In fact I’ll go out on a limb and say that there may be quite a few guilds/players looking to relocate soon(before transfers are final),as their servers have filled up with too many players,leaving less competition for their guilds.

I myself have scouted no less than three different servers for a mix of PvE and WvW potential on low pop servers.
I havn’t yet been drawn to any particular server and I havnt seen much in the way from guilds on either EU or US servers promoting their cause to gain manpower for their off peak time.

What I have seen is a lot of complaining about the issue and nothin being done to rectify the situation.

Seriously guilds/servers should promote a public relations officer and scout,poach and promote your cause vigorously.

Dosn’t look to me like they’ve really tried all that hard.

Sorry if that sounds harsh,but it’s the reality of it,seen from a person looking to relocate.

in WvW

Xpiher.5209

Being outnumbered might give a bonus to karma, magic find and exp, but how are we supposed to use this when we’re being spawn camped at every single exit of our base, and there’s five defenders at every objective besides?

Did you misread what I wrote? I said that outnumbered bonus and Orb of Power bonuses should be switched

I’m going to keep calling for Anet to fix the problem, and so will thousands more. They’re going to do something about it sooner or later, and it’s going to be hilarious to watch the night crews cry because their unfair tactics got wrecked.

What you aren’t realizing, because you are being incredibly short sighted, is that if ANET puts a soft cap on the number of people that can do WvW, with the system that currently is in place, you will punish people who simply play during off times, not just those who are purposefully doing so. And the problem you complain about can easily be solved by

1) Recruiting more people to WvW during off times
2) Team up with the other server to prevent the night cappers from taking over everything
3) Simply let the “ladder system” work itself out

Stop being short sighted!

in WvW

Drium.8509

Did you misread what I wrote? I said that outnumbered bonus and Orb of Power bonuses should be switched

What you aren’t realizing, because you are being incredibly short sighted, is that if ANET puts a soft cap on the number of people that can do WvW, with the system that currently is in place, you will punish people who simply play during off times, not just those who are purposefully doing so. And the problem you complain about can easily be solved by

1) Recruiting more people to WvW during off times
2) Team up with the other server to prevent the night cappers from taking over everything
3) Simply let the “ladder system” work itself out

Stop being short sighted!

Hahaha, shortsighted. Yeah right. Wanting things to be fun and fair for everyone is shortsightedness now?

If you want to play when there is a queue, why don’t you switch to a low population server? Putting a soft cap on how many people can play based on which server has the least amount of people deployed would be the PERFECT way to make people transfer to the abandoned servers that were ruined by this WvWvW imbalance.

If you’re willing to switch server to roflstomp people during the night, but not to get to play faster, then it’s your own fault.

in WvW

Posted by: zepitou.2908

zepitou.2908

What make you think ANet will change anything?

They may adapt the system a little; tweak the bonus/malus/score; but the simple fact that your opponent may not sleep/work when you do and so will conquer your undefended lands will remain possible. This 24h/7d open persistent WvWvW.

I’d rather see ANet fix first real issues like mass clipping, queue system, mono spell AoE feast and close server transfer…

Fëar Moniëo – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Junkkis.5137

Junkkis.5137

Why not turn off supply at night times? Supply base npcs go sleep at night too and dont generate supply

in WvW

Posted by: zepitou.2908

zepitou.2908

What about people that can only play during night? They are not allowed to do wvwvw as those who play during the day?
And when do you define “night” knowing you got players from West eu to Russia?

Fëar Moniëo – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Houdii.2563

Houdii.2563

Before you can purchase an account there should be a questionaire asking for playtimes. If you play outside of primetime your purchase should be blocked. This would fix most of the problems I think.

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

in WvW

Tzash.5748

Hahaha, shortsighted. Yeah right. Wanting things to be fun and fair for everyone is shortsightedness now?

If you want to play when there is a queue, why don’t you switch to a low population server? Putting a soft cap on how many people can play based on which server has the least amount of people deployed would be the PERFECT way to make people transfer to the abandoned servers that were ruined by this WvWvW imbalance.

If you’re willing to switch server to roflstomp people during the night, but not to get to play faster, then it’s your own fault.

The simple fact is that no pvp system will ever be fun and fair for everyone.

So lets say your soft cap gets implemented and the numbers are then balanced, but one server is more organised or simply more skilled than another and they keep winning. Is it fun for the losers? No. I’m sure they will also claim its not “fair” as well. What will then happen is that people on the losing side will stop playing and your soft cap goes even lower until finally noone can get into WvWvW simply because one server is just plain bad.

Brilliant solution.

in WvW

Posted by: Eathanskies.3817

Eathanskies.3817

So putting a cap on people in different timezones is fair? Think dude, not everyone lives on your clock.

Erik Fallon – Coalition of Space Magicians

in WvW

Drium.8509

So lets say your soft cap gets implemented and the numbers are then balanced, but one server is more organised or simply more skilled than another and they keep winning. Is it fun for the losers? No. I’m sure they will also claim its not “fair” as well. What will then happen is that people on the losing side will stop playing and your soft cap goes even lower until finally noone can get into WvWvW simply because one server is just plain bad.

Brilliant solution.

Except that servers are supposed to be matched by how good they are, so that situation should not be happening.

in WvW

Drium.8509

That aside, I don’t care if I lose because I suck.

I care if I lose because between college and sleep, I can’t help my server not get fully owned during the night, and no night crews have come to our server at all.

I want this game to be fun, not to be a job where if I don’t make sure people play at X time of the day all the fun gets sucked out.

in WvW

Tzash.5748

Brilliant solution.

Except that servers are supposed to be matched by how good they are, so that situation should not be happening.

The strong servers have night crews, the weaker ones don’t, so matching will fix population balances without a need for your soft cap.

in WvW

Posted by: Exewre.2837

Exewre.2837

We are 30 to 40 doing wvw in my wvw hardcore guild. all from the same country. 2 expatriates working for a year in asia
10 to 15 suceed to enter during day
10 plays all night till 7 to 8 am

In fact you don’t have to be so much during night. What happen is there are no queus for map so all 4 maps guys goes on the same map then the next and we only have a 30 to 40 zerg bus. On each map we see 10 to 15 enemies doing puzzle jump and 5 to 15 defending.
I get the impression there aren’t so less in fact. they just don’t care. In fact i think they just care about themselves and not their server. If they don’t have the numerical advantage like from 12pm to 3 am, they just stop and do something else for their personal farm. especially if they aren’t 80 yet or full stuff( but they will one day) they come in wvw to farm not to protect something

If you ask around during nightshift zerg they are all from cities in the same timezone like during day and night after night its 70% same guys. You have some expatriates working in another country for some years but they haven’t been recruit for nightshift. They just naturally come to their country server to speak their maternal language a bit and find similar culture people. they play more gw2 than they will in their country since they don’t have as much social contact than they would in their country and its more than a game since its also a breathing. They didn’t change their nationality

Different timezone zerg players seems to occur only in usa with oceanic players. if i were australian, i wouldn’t see myself and my friend from old games elsewhere than an usa server. Seems so legit even if they were a korean or japanese server.
Different timezone players are non existent in europe since they are so few. Most of europe old colonial countries are like africa and middle east in the same timezone than europe. Asia is split on europe english speaking server and usa server. I only see spanish server who could have south america guys if they value more culture and langage than lag but they don’t seem to dominate wvw. French Canada community is regroup on North shiverpeaks server
In fact in europe, english speaking server have the timezone advantage since they have most of asian and all russian who help to extend the timezone. They are the most populated one during night. But they are the one whining.

If anet give a statistic population excel one day, i think some in europe will cry cause they would see they arewhining with timezone advantage and even numerical server advantage doing pve, exploring map and in jump puzzle

(edited by Exewre.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: Mara Gossep.2761

Mara Gossep.2761

+1

Dynamic population limit will fix the unfairness of PvP. But will also leave some people out of PvP who would be in otherwise. (though it really isn’t PvP when you are just steamrolling everything, without any resistance.)

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

+1

Dynamic population limit will fix the unfairness of PvP. But will also leave some people out of PvP who would be in otherwise. (though it really isn’t PvP when you are just steamrolling everything, without any resistance.)

Just like queues keep people from ultra full servers out of WvWvW? Hmm, maybe it would be fair after all.

Queues kinda force prime time players to spread across all the servers. There’s no such mechanic for the night time players. Why?

in WvW

Exewre.2837

+1

Just like queues keep people from ultra full servers out of WvWvW? Hmm, maybe it would be fair after all.

Queues kinda force prime time players to spread across all the servers. There’s no such mechanic for the night time players. Why?

Haha. Queues force me in nighshift. Hope it will change in future.
i go to work when i disconnect after an allnight and i sleep when im back from work
Its a more efficient use of my gametime. this way i spend 90% of my gw2 time in wvw instead of 10 to 30%

(edited by Exewre.2837)

in WvW

Drium.8509

+1

This. A thousand times this.

Having a cap would force people to spread out among all servers and make things fair instead of all grouping on 2-3 servers and pwning everyone until Anet fixes their broken matchmaking.

in WvW

Temper.7265

Before you can purchase an account there should be a questionaire asking for playtimes. If you play outside of primetime your purchase should be blocked. This would fix most of the problems I think.

lol,great buisness model Einstein.

in WvW

Posted by: Firefly.4165

Firefly.4165

+1

Having a cap would force people to spread out among all servers and make things fair instead of all grouping on 2-3 servers and pwning everyone until Anet fixes their broken matchmaking.

Eredon Terrace Disagrees with you. One of the lowest 3 populated servers around. Please refer to this…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/My-server-doesn-t-have-an-off-peak-population/first#post171132

(edited by Firefly.4165)

in WvW

Tzash.5748

+1

Do you know why in every MMO for a long time the Oceanic community gets together to designate unofficial Oceanic servers? Its because we have a smaller playerbase so we consolidate into fewer servers to ensure we have people to play with.

Have you ever played on an MMO server with a low population? That is what it’d be like for Oceanics and other offpeak players if you forced us to spread out too thinly across all servers. Its a great idea for you but it completely bites for us.

in WvW

Exewre.2837

+1

you can do all the thing you want, a german, spanish or french wvw player will go on a german, spanish or french speaking and cultural server since they exist. Even if some would want to move, they would prefer to stay with old friends
And they would mostly regroup by suceeding waves on the same maternal speaking wvw server and will organise themselves
No faction and international server gw2 system have made it. that’s the first time i see all my pvp community regroup and not fighting each other on different faction and server.
Never had such a large fl in quantity and quality, 10 days after a game launch. It’s also the first time i didn’t know even one enemy. So i dn’t care anet don’t make enemy pseudo appear in wvw

(edited by Exewre.2837)

in WvW

stof.9341

Do you know why in every MMO for a long time the Oceanic community gets together to designate unofficial Oceanic servers? Its because we have a smaller playerbase so we consolidate into fewer servers to ensure we have people to play with.

Have you ever played on an MMO server with a low population? That is what it’d be like for Oceanics and other offpeak players if you forced us to spread out too thinly across all servers. Its a great idea for you but it completely bites for us.

Are you saying that no matter what happens, Oceanic players will NOT make any attempt at balancing and they shouldn’t be penalized for it?

There’s two things that happen if you all regroup without restriction in a single server :
- the server you chose will become uninteresting to fight against thus whine will ensue
- you will not even get real WvWvW while you play because there’s no opposition

As a result, I see your post as a population group that doesn’t want to make efforts to have a fair PvP environments and instead gets allowed to break the fun for all the other players while doing something that cannot even be called PvP in the first place.

in WvW

Exewre.2837

Are you saying that no matter what happens, Oceanic players will NOT make any attempt at balancing and they shouldn’t be penalized for it?

There’s two things that happen if you all regroup without restriction in a single server :
- the server you chose will become uninteresting to fight against thus whine will ensue

As a result, I see your post as a population group that doesn’t want to make efforts to have a fair PvP environments and instead gets allowed to break the fun for all the other players while doing something that cannot even be called PvP in the first place.

MMo are social games. MMo players launch their mumble or ts before they launch their game. They even never log off of vocal like they do for the game but just go in the afk part of the vocal
First thing they do when logging is saying “hi guys!”

Comunities are born from regoupment of guilds and forum readers through years as guilds are born from regroupment of players
Winning or losing come in second. Why would they will start from new? why would they will fight with different culture people they don’t know? ( with a minority part mocking or making fun of them for who they are) against people they know for 10 years through different mmo and community forums?
People regroup first and think about organisation for victory in second. usually communities have a better organisation too so they can weight a lot even if they are a minority.
And if you only talk only about winning, lets say it : victory doesn’t have the same taste if you did it with friends and as a community. Also losing just made you want to organise yourselves more as a community, victory will be even tastier

(edited by Exewre.2837)

in WvW

stof.9341

WvWvW requires you to have some opposition to be PvP. If you don’t want to make sure there IS some opposition, I think you shouldn’t be allowed to access that PvP yeah.

Would you see an issue if ArenaNet massively boosted the NPC guards power and number when a world is getting very low on population, and inversely if they weakened a world NPC guards when it owns most of the map?

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

The simplest solution is score normalising throughout a 24 hour period . this way you don’t exclude anyone playing at irregular hours.

below is a copy from another post.

“I talked this subject to death on GW2Guru, but the answer is normalising scores across a 24 hour period.
To do this whilst maintaining the current WvW infrastructure you would have to split the day into sections maybe 6-8 hours in length. at the end of each period the side winning gets 3 points the second gets 2 and last gets 1 point or 2,1,0 if you are feeling mean.
The maps do not reset the simple ticking scores reset, by doing this if a side dominates completely during the downtime they deserve to win. but if a side scores a hard earned win during the peak hours they also score the same winning points.
what keeps people from not waiting for the time to tick over is that the map doesn’t reset so even if you’re 100,000 points down you’ll want to get as many points ticking over at the start of the next time interval.
by implementing a system like this Arena Net can maintain all of their current WvW scoring systems whilst not trivialising how WvW is won and without devaluing anyones playtime.”

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Exewre.2837

The simplest solution is score normalising throughout a 24 hour period . this way you don’t exclude anyone playing at irregular hours.

“I talked this subject to death on GW2Guru, but the answer is normalising scores across a 24 hour period.
To do this whilst maintaining the current WvW infrastructure you would have to split the day into sections maybe 6-8 hours in length. at the end of each period the side winning gets 3 points the second gets 2 and last gets 1 point or 2,1,0 if you are feeling mean.
The maps do not reset the simple ticking scores reset, by doing this if a side dominates completely during the downtime they deserve to win. but if a side scores a hard earned win during the peak hours they also score the same winning points.
what keeps people from not waiting for the time to tick over is that the map doesn’t reset so even if you’re 100,000 points down you’ll want to get as many points ticking over at the start of the next time interval.
by implementing a system like this Arena Net can maintain all of their current WvW scoring systems whilst not trivialising how WvW is won and without devaluing anyones playtime.”

servers fighting each others doenst have same local time. lot of draw will come out of this system in the end. i foresee even more whiners with 2 servers in a draw than one losing

(edited by Exewre.2837)

in WvW

Kyus.3812

London or Moscow localtime?

London but its irrelevant. set the start time for each interval at any point it will still better reflect what happens during combat than the current system without devaluing anyone in anyway.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Tzash.5748

Wait, so now its all the off peak players’ fault?

For a start the Oceanic playerbase is already spread out across a number of servers. In all of the top servers you will find Oceanic guilds. Do you know why? The US alliances actively recruited them.

On other servers like SoS, many US PvP guilds transferred off, claiming that Oceanics “ruin” a server and cause higher queue times for them. Which given the timezone difference is pretty silly.

I find it funny to blame one minority group for the night capping issue when most of the complainers haven’t even made an attempt to reach out to the off peak playerbase. Its always someone else’s fault isn’t it?

in WvW

Exewre.2837

i have edit to be more explicit since i think the most relevant is about draw and whining
But i don’t see why it would be london. Moscow is larger and pvpers seems better there from my experience since i fight against the 2

(edited by Exewre.2837)

in WvW

stof.9341

When those off peak players come into the game and declare : “we don’t care for WvWvW balance, we want all to play on the same server”, yeah it is.

Now, if you tell me you are actually spread around correctly and the declaration I was replying to is just the work of a lunatic, well there isn’t much more to say. Balance isn’t something entirely in the hands of a small groups of players. Imbalance has multiple causes though.

in WvW

Kyus.3812

servers fighting each others doenst have same local time. lot of draw will come out of this system in the end. i foresee even more whiners with 2 servers in a draw than one losing

thought about that in the original gw2guru discussions. you have a tie breaking mechanic that reflects number of wins first so who has the most 3 point ticks. you follow this by other tie breaking mechanics and can even resort to the total point score again in case of a draw if you want to. the first port of call in point scoring should reflect a 24 hour fight. at present the point scoring seems to reflect who was more active at a less popular time of play and the ammount of points scored in these hours trivialise points scored at busier times of day.

as for the comment about pvp focus and russain pvp ability. that is also pretty irrelevant form my experience there is a good pvp core in russia but its no different to the rest of europe.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

(edited by Kyus.3812)

in WvW

Temper.7265

Pardon ?

I’ll wager that the Australian GW community and a few smart US/EU guilds were discussing this problem long before it came to light for most US players/Guilds.

I put forward to you that the Aussie populatuion has worked akittensight harder at mitigating this than any US/EU population,even to the extent of some guilds splitting apart to different servers,so that they have some form of challenge in WvW.

You do know that there is also PVE right ? Some of us like to actually play with others and that means choosing an Unofficial Oceanic server.The majority of the population on three unofficial Aussie servers is PvE,not PvP or WvW and as seen this week had trouble in some cases filling our off peak WvW requirements to hold assets.

As a result,I see your post as just another US/EU unwilling to adapt to making the effort to become internationally enlightened and bringing prosperity to your home server.

Where have people with this attitude been hiding all these years,while others have been getting internationally savvy on the gaming front ? lol

Don’t blame your communitys/guilds failure to adapt and mobilize into WvW in a game without borders,on others that have,including some smart US guilds.

Also I wish folks would refrain from using PvP to describe WvW,they are vastly different beasts.

in WvW

Exewre.2837

Most people forget the important point : WvW is not PvP

wvw involve politic and social organisation. Its not just about fighting and pvp is a really small part of WvW
its made to be unfair and you have to organise and work to make it fair or to make it unfair with you on the good side

Don’t try to put WvW in a cage cause you will lose in the process, his unique part .
We have wait for a long time for a decent and real time Wvw game to finally launch. Gw2 wvw have actually no concurrence and his unique
there are plenty of other games around and since gw2 is free of monthly fees, you can play it as a 2nd game easily

Egality, no farming stuff and easy 5 men organisation work exist in gw2..in spvp tourney

(edited by Exewre.2837)

in WvW

Tzash.5748

When those off peak players come into the game and declare : “we don’t care for WvWvW balance, we want all to play on the same server”, yeah it is.

Now, if you tell me you are actually spread around correctly and the declaration I was replying to is just the work of a lunatic, well there isn’t much more to say. Balance isn’t something entirely in the hands of a small groups of players. Imbalance has multiple causes though.

Sorry, but what is “spread around correctly”? Are there some sort of rules on how many Oceanics should be on each server that I should know about? I know of a sizable Oceanic presence on at least 8 US servers. If thats not enough for you then I’m sorry but there simply isn’t enough of us to go around.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Part of server balancing has take into account time zones, regardless if it is prime in Australia or prime in NA, it doesnt matter, balance should be the goal.

If we Anet is using que times and free transfers as a means of balancing populations, you need to setup those tools so that time of day population balances are also addressed. In my opinion that means floating the point at which a que starts based on number of people currently in the WvW maps. I do not agree with kicking people out, but you can make them que up at a lower point then the zone cap to account for lower populations on the other servers.

This isnt about punishing one time zone or another, it is about encouraging folks to transfer around to other servers to create a balance that works for all servers, not just a few.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

stof.9341

Sorry, but what is “spread around correctly”? Are there some sort of rules on how many Oceanics should be on each server that I should know about? I know of a sizable Oceanic presence on at least 8 US servers. If thats not enough for you then I’m sorry but there simply isn’t enough of us to go around.

Don’t you want to have meaningful WvWvW? I know an important component to get that is to actually have an opposition on your map. Spread around correctly means spread around in a way that ensures as best as possible everyone will always get a close to equal opposition in WvWvW at all time.

Is that so unreasonable to ask?