WvW patch notes July 11th

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Fixes to outnumbered and participation for pips.
New tag colors!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-11-2017

World vs. World
General

• Outnumbered is now applied each scoring tick (every 5 minutes). Swapping to a map right before a tick will no longer grant an Outnumbered pip bonus. Instead, you must play on an Outnumbered map for an entire tick to earn the bonus.
  • Consume All now works for Badges of Honor.
  • The Skirmish Chest now opens a vendor window instead of an item-selection window. This will allow multiple items to be selected from the chest.
  • Participation decay timers have been adjusted so that players must be more active to keep participation from decaying.
  • Three new commander icon colors have been added: cyan, magenta, and white.
Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I am fine with all these changes, thank you. New commander colors are a little washed out though, besides the white of course.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Thank you for the vendor. No more carpal tunnel bois \o/

in WvW

Posted by: Bern.9613

Bern.9613

I understand “adjusting” the decay timer for participation but wow, can’t even get from one camp to another without losing a tier. If you wait for a timer, rip pips. It’s decays far too fast. There I said it.

in WvW

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

While the outnumbered pip change improves it a little, I still think that it should be changed to count the average over 5 minutes, rather than at the 5 minute tick.

Also, if you want to improve participation, make it so that building siege within a camp/keep/castle count for defense reward too. Right now, it’s a waste of time to build siege in preparation for the enemy, because you only get some measly exp and no contribution to the defense event. This will also reward those who carry supplies from the keep to SMC, and stop people from wasting supplies on repairing outer walls getting trebbed in SMC just to maintain their defense contribution. They could be spending their supplies on something more useful instead, like arrow carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Sikamori.4791

Sikamori.4791

The decay even hits it takes 10mins, then the decay timer is 1:20m.
[I tested, also yuh, that was a boring 11mins..]

And I haven’t tested it yet but the decay before was 5mins to go from T6 too T3.

So in theory if people are really working towards stuff and moving maps. This shouldn’t hurt anyone but the afkers.

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I understand “adjusting” the decay timer for participation but wow, can’t even get from one camp to another without losing a tier. If you wait for a timer, rip pips. It’s decays far too fast. There I said it.

Anet doesn’t want roaming. They want you to be in the 50+ zerg pressing ‘1’ at each other.

Seriously, anyone tried roaming in the Desert BL? cant even get from one camp to another without losing a tier. And god forbid there is a timer on the camp you are waiting for. And if you die and try to run back to the zerg that’s across the map? Mind as well log out cause by the time you get there, you’ll drop 3+ tiers..

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

While the outnumbered pip change improves it a little, I still think that it should be changed to count the average over 5 minutes, rather than at the 5 minute tick.

Also, if you want to improve participation, make it so that building siege within a camp/keep/castle count for defense reward too. Right now, it’s a waste of time to build siege in preparation for the enemy, because you only get some measly exp and no contribution to the defense event. This will also reward those who carry supplies from the keep to SMC, and stop people from wasting supplies on repairing outer walls getting trebbed in SMC just to maintain their defense contribution. They could be spending their supplies on something more useful instead, like arrow carts.

What this will do is encourage even more of the trolls that like to waste keep supps – they get to use all supps at a camp/tower/keep/sm and get rewarded for it. If this happens don’t be surprised seeing a bunch of flame rams near all supply depots.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Is there a way to know you’re eligible for outnumbered next tick? I’ve been trying to find maps with the buff before committing to playing a map.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Fixes to outnumbered and participation for pips.
New tag colors!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-11-2017

World vs. World
General

• Outnumbered is now applied each scoring tick (every 5 minutes). Swapping to a map right before a tick will no longer grant an Outnumbered pip bonus. Instead, you must play on an Outnumbered map for an entire tick to earn the bonus.
  • Consume All now works for Badges of Honor.
  • The Skirmish Chest now opens a vendor window instead of an item-selection window. This will allow multiple items to be selected from the chest.
  • Participation decay timers have been adjusted so that players must be more active to keep participation from decaying.
  • Three new commander icon colors have been added: cyan, magenta, and white.

lolol.. oh good, more colours for me not to see… now someone is gonna say… cyan tag.. and I will say.. huh? give me the name of the person please… and so on

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

The decay timer starts 30 seconds after last activity and lasts 90 seconds.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

I just laugh… laughing hard.
Anet tried to improve WvW and failed miserably.
And now this crap.
You should start thinking like players.
Players will abuse anything they find and you must prevent it in reasonable ways.
Not by hurting legit people.

in WvW

Ubi.4136

It takes longer than 30 seconds to run to most places on the map, and a LOT longer to get into T3 keeps/towers.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

The new decay timer is madness. How the hell do they expect you to maintain? Forget about defense on keeps/refreshing siege…

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

I just laugh… laughing hard.
Anet tried to improve WvW and failed miserably.
And now this crap.
You should start thinking like players.
Players will abuse anything they find and you must prevent it in reasonable ways.
Not by hurting legit people.

This is also the result of some people trying their hardest here to defend this grinding, newcomer punishing policy while also saying rewards aren’t important.
Let’s punish everyone now for a minority that wasn’t even impacting the grand scheme of things.

Anet has been fighting the symptoms all that time and some players praised them for it, praising playing time over quality time, well there you go, another attempt to fight symptoms rather than the cause.
Only this time it will impact everyone equally at least so maybe we won’t have pointless debates between the worthy and the unworthy.

in WvW

Ubi.4136

My degen timer started while I was trebbing an enemy tower (yes I was doing damage).

This is insane.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

My degen timer started while I was trebbing an enemy tower (yes I was doing damage).

This is insane.

… the beginning of the end .. ? heck I’ve already slowed down and I haven’t even got started for the day.. I did go into WvW a short bit ago… then I thought.. meh forget it.. logged out. When this is fixed I’ll go back again.. if it’s not fixed then I will definitely dedicate more time to my other new mmo I’ve been dabbling in a bit… seriously.

… just call me … Tim :)

(edited by Balthazzarr.1349)

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

/sigh, more promoting of no skill ktrain blobbing. Do the devs think out their decisions? Yes, that’s a rhetorical question.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

sigh,….after i abandoned PVP in season 6, wvw roaming was my last bit of enjoyment in this game. Now they made rewards even harder in what is the lowest rewarding gamemode of GW2. slow clap

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I mean.. it sucks that they can’t seem to reward ‘actual play’ compared to tagging mobs and/or zerging. I’m not looking forward to running around constantly searching for something to tag to keep participation up.

… but

We used to pvp for NOTHING. Remember Glory? You were pvp-ing because you liked the gameplay. That’s all.

We used to roam wvw for NOTHING. Before reward tracks, you’d roam wvw for the excitement + challenge of small fights. It was just fun.

I think people in this game are a little too hung up on rewards. Play because you enjoy it?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Also, if you want to improve participation, make it so that building siege within a camp/keep/castle count for defense reward too.

yeah lets reward siege trolls and server saboteurs

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

We used to pvp for NOTHING. Remember Glory? You were pvp-ing because you liked the gameplay. That’s all.

We used to roam wvw for NOTHING. Before reward tracks, you’d roam wvw for the excitement + challenge of small fights. It was just fun.

I think people in this game are a little too hung up on rewards. Play because you enjoy it?

I think with WvW being the least rewarding game mode i think its safe to say most WvW’ers can be classified as playing for “fun”. More so than PVE and since seasons, PVP players.

It just sux that they are now making it harder to get rewards thereby cementing the game mode as definitely the least rewarding in terms of gear/gold etc.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Good skirmish chest changes.

Decay tick is rather excessive.

EDIT: OR maybe not…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

I mean.. it sucks that they can’t seem to reward ‘actual play’ compared to tagging mobs and/or zerging. I’m not looking forward to running around constantly searching for something to tag to keep participation up.

… but

Agree heavily with this, we used to just play for fun.

On the other hand, if they put rewards in they need to consider how the mechanics of obtaining them will affect gameplay. Tbh, even in T1 NA Prime, last week and this week the queues on maps were not high enough due to AFK’ers to be so drastic in the measures they have taken.

Honestly Anet, these “tweaks” are like knocking on a door with a wrecking ball instead of just using your hand.

in WvW

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

Also, if you want to improve participation, make it so that building siege within a camp/keep/castle count for defense reward too.

yeah lets reward siege trolls and server saboteurs

Then maybe only make superior sieges count toward contribution/participation. At least they will be throwing useful things.

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

I said it on multiple threads many times. Be careful what you wish for. Everyone was so worried about what other people were gaining that they couldn’t stand it and cried. The result? Well, I think you know…

Legit players get the hammer while abusers keep on finding new ways to abuse. Thank you everyone!

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I said it on multiple threads many times. Be careful what you wish for. Everyone was so worried about what other people were gaining that they couldn’t stand it and cried. The result? Well, I think you know…

Legit players get the hammer while abusers keep on finding new ways to abuse. Thank you everyone!

Yea, that’s something I’ve been pointing out that has been constantly happening throughout this game’s history. Just because there are some abusers doesn’t mean everyone should get punished. And then everyone gets nothing.

We need to ditch the malignant sentiment of eternal envy that dominates PvE general topics. Nobody should care that some pvers come and get a few extra chests when they could be afk farming somewhere else for more.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

Yea, that’s something I’ve been pointing out that has been constantly happening throughout this game’s history. Just because there are some abusers doesn’t mean everyone should get punished. And then everyone gets nothing.

We need to ditch the malignant sentiment of eternal envy that dominates PvE general topics. Nobody should care that some pvers come and get a few extra chests when they could be afk farming somewhere else for more.

Honestly, WvWers are just as guilty of standing in the way of making WvW a fun and healthy game mode. They will push it all on ArenaNet’s shoulders, but that’s not really an accurate portrayal.

I came back to the game because of the WvW patch. However, I am yet again starting to lose my motivation for logging in as I see the same old problems that continue to plague WvW and make it boring like:

The map blob majority
The condi tank meta
A PvP competitive mode balanced around PvE stat gear
Population imbalances among servers
Passive, autopilot-like combat

There’s always hope with the expansion, but I won’t hold my breath.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Here’s a post with the new timers as stated by Anet: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Decay-timer-Are-you-kidding/page/2#post6643146

After capturing an objective, decay should not set in for 10m. I assume you can get from 1 camp to the next in that time, so perhaps you’ve found a bug? Or…

That said, I’m also liking this patch. It’s not ground-breaking, but it’s significant, positive steps.

(edited by Sviel.7493)

in WvW

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yeah, there’s two ways of playing WvW now:

• Join a zerg, keep fighting fighting fighting without ever taking a break.
  • Join a zerg, keep fighting fighting fighting without ever taking a break.

Taking a keep? Takes too long. Scouting? Lost participation. Refreshing siege? Haha, nope.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

decay means people get their fat kitten going and have more fights and more activity

in WvW

Carighan.6758

decay means people get their fat kitten going and have more fights and more activity

But that’s the thing, you assume you never stop fighting. However there are downtimes, say you wipe an enemy zerg at Fire Keep, and they run back. By the time they’ve come back, half your zerg is close to losing their participation. If the enemy now doesn’t commit yet, you’re screwed: People will leave the siege to try attack enemies in the crazy rush to keep their timer going.

Nevermind building siege, refreshing siege, scouting or checking keeps: Nope, no longer doing that. Need more participation.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

But that’s the thing, you assume you never stop fighting. However there are downtimes, say you wipe an enemy zerg at Fire Keep, and they run back. By the time they’ve come back, half your zerg is close to losing their participation. If the enemy now doesn’t commit yet, you’re screwed: People will leave the siege to try attack enemies in the crazy rush to keep their timer going.

Nevermind building siege, refreshing siege, scouting or checking keeps: Nope, no longer doing that. Need more participation.

Are you sitting in a keep for 10+ min waiting for the enemy? Seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The map blob majority
The condi tank meta
A PvP competitive mode balanced around PvE stat gear
Population imbalances among servers
Passive, autopilot-like combat

There’s always hope with the expansion, but I won’t hold my breath.

These are the problems with WvW, specifically the last 3 on that list. Anet needs to address those if thye want to improve the game mode

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

You never had a zerg take a break after a long successful cap of a keep? multiple players on bio breaks, or making sandwiches, or clearing inventory, or getting some nookie, what kind of robots you been running with?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Thank you for the vendor. No more carpal tunnel bois \o/

Good workaround the poor inventory UI. Shaves 2 clicks off managing stacks of Skirmish Chests. I still need to double click each box and double click each tactic/improvement item that pops out of those boxes.

Now go do the apply workaround for the Tactic/Improvement boxes and Tactic/Improvement items themselves. And make the items stackable of course. And apply the same principle to every other box in Skirmish rewards and Reward Tracks. And make acquiring the boxes require no user interaction. And fix the UI not to display flashing boxes on right hand side of the screen…

Or you could just fix the inventory UI. But I’m not a developer. Maybe the 1,000 workarounds make more sense.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Rhiannon.1726

You never had a zerg take a break after a long successful cap of a keep? multiple players on bio breaks, or making sandwiches, or clearing inventory, or getting some nookie, what kind of robots you been running with?

I was answering this part (and for this scenario there wasn’t even a change):
say you wipe an enemy zerg at Fire Keep, and they run back. By the time they’ve come back, half your zerg is close to losing their participation. If the enemy now doesn’t commit yet, you’re screwed: People will leave the siege to try attack enemies in the crazy rush to keep their timer going.

As for taking a break after a fight (which includes killing players in general):
At t6 (I never had a problem with that) you can take a 15 min break (10 min if you want to be safe), find and kill a guard, still get pips. Just like before.

in WvW

Carighan.6758

First of all, yes. This happens frequently. Also a lot of moving around in potential reaction to an enemy zerg, but not actually meeting them, for quite a long time sometimes.

But more importantly, why do you think it was 10 minutes remaining at the start? Only a handful of things give 10 minutes.

in WvW

Rhiannon.1726

First of all, yes. This happens frequently. Also a lot of moving around in potential reaction to an enemy zerg, but not actually meeting them, for quite a long time sometimes.

But more importantly, why do you think it was 10 minutes remaining at the start? Only a handful of things give 10 minutes.

Because I was answering your scenario: ..say you wipe an enemy zerg at Fire Keep…
In this case you have the same 10 min like before the patch.

Otherwise you are of course right as not everything gives 10 min.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Basically, if you are concerned about your participation level not decaying, you should abandon any ideas of defending and strictly go offense. Let the enemy take your camps or towers and then back cap them. It’s a more guaranteed option compared to sitting at a tower waiting for something to happen, because failing to kill an enemy player, failing to destroy any of their siege, failing to make repairs and failing to defend the objective as a whole results in no refresh or time added to your decay timer. If you’re going to get overrun by a wide margin, port out and attack a camp elsewhere. There are more things to do offensively to keep your participation level up than there are defensively: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Decay-timer-Are-you-kidding/page/2#post6643146

Let the NASCAR begin!

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

this update already made wvw less attractive. wvw will go back to being the stepchild that nobody wants and everyone avoids.

The BG Super Munster!