WvW season 1: entire season dominance

in WvW

Posted by: goldensurfer.8406

goldensurfer.8406

The typical scoreboard of WvW in whiteside rigde server:

World 1: +550 points
World 2: +80 points
Whiteside rigde + 50 points

Im done with this season. its getting boring like this. oke 1 week of being dominated oke we might become better. but 4 weeks in a row it is going on like this we and keep losing players because of this.

" lets take our keep back"
“gj team, we are at innergate, hurry, one more gate.”
“$!*$1#!, incoming”
" )(!U!!245#!J!@#(!$*! D

We are the Whiteside Rigde!

(edited by goldensurfer.8406)

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

It’s OK this is all part of data gathering for master plan

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Im done with this season. its getting boring like this. oke 1 week of being dominated oke we might become better. but 4 weeks in a row it is going on like this we and keep losing players because of this.

“$!*$1#!, incoming”
" )(!U!!245#!J!@#(!$*! D

Didn’t you get the memo? WvW isn’t supposed to be fair or balanced. You WILL enjoy being kitten on. YOU WILL.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

goldensurfer.8406

Ofcourse WvW should not be balacned but what is the point of letting rank 27 world play against rank 18 and rank 19.

Doesn’t make sense.

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Ofcourse WvW should not be balacned but what is the point of letting rank 27 world play against rank 18 and rank 19.

Doesn’t make sense.

Variety is important, how else would rank 27 know if they can stack up to 18 and 19?

I guess sometimes it just makes all the players in 27 leave forever instead, but hey kitten happens.

in WvW

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Doesn’t make sense.

If rank 27 was playing only against rank 26 and 25, you would be bored the same way you are now. No real solution to the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Ofcourse WvW should not be balacned

If it shouldn’t be balanced, why are you complaining about rank 27 facing rank 18?

You’re complaining about imbalance, and asking for balance. Then you say it shouldn’t be balanced.

??

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

goldensurfer.8406

We will never increase in size when people stop playing WvW because we cant even take keeps without being overrun by zerg.

When we play against rank 26, 28 at least we win some and lose some. and people enjoy that more than at the moment where we only lose the last 3 weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunsen.3894

Gunsen.3894

What if rank 27 was coupled with rank 4? What if Anet merged a lower rank server with a higher ranked one and did Leagues that way? Rotating the teams out every week to give some lower ranked servers a chance at some glory….

Just a thought. Comments? Concerns? Complaints?

in WvW

ykyk.2740

What if rank 27 was coupled with rank 4? What if Anet merged a lower rank server with a higher ranked one and did Leagues that way? Rotating the teams out every week to give some lower ranked servers a chance at some glory….

That’s like admitting some servers are dying, not going to happen. Data™ shows that wvw is doing fine and more players are enjoying it every day!

in WvW

goldensurfer.8406

That is whats going on right now, we dont see the difference between rank 4 and rank 19. because against both teams we own maybe 3 camps and a tower..

in WvW

goldensurfer.8406

Why cant they do a knockout tournement, if you lose you are out or matches against other teams that lose. if you win you play against other winner.

What is going on right now doesnt make sense.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I wish we had you back wsr and vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Why cant they do a knockout tournement, if you lose you are out or matches against other teams that lose. if you win you play against other winner.

What is going on right now doesnt make sense.

And how are you going to implement that successfully in a Tri-faction game? Not going to happen..

in WvW

goldensurfer.8406

And how are you going to implement that successfully in a Tri-faction game? Not going to happen..

well you can figure something out, it is not that hard.

It is a better Idea then let a team, that already lost 3 games, play against 2 teams that havent lost yet.

in WvW

Posted by: sofired.6071

sofired.6071

Doesn’t make sense.

If rank 27 was playing only against rank 26 and 25, you would be bored the same way you are now. No real solution to the problem.

No no, not at all – we arent “bored” at all just incredibly frustrated (DE has 6 times our score already this week, and we were 400,000 points behind last weeks winner) – we enjoyed our matchups with Vabbi and FoW, we never won a week but we were relatively closely matched and that is what makes WvW fun for the minnow servers, fighting people with different names every week makes no difference to enjoyment of WVW for us it’s all about the numbers..

WSR – GW2’s #1 ranked server that starts with a W.

(edited by sofired.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The leagues were bound to end up like this because Anet implemented them before addressing the real serious issue:

Every server only has probably at most three other servers that are competitive with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

The leagues were bound to end up like this because Anet implemented them before addressing the real serious issue:

Every server only has probably at most three other servers that are competitive with it.

And even then, in many cases, those servers can only make it close. It’ll still be a blowout, just less of one.

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Life was the same before the leagues; lopsided match up were common. Remember well being up against the 11th ranked server when our rank was 20 – the match up was horrific. Plenty of sides are encountering tough match ups in all leagues. Appears to be quite a gulf between say the top 3 sides vs the rest.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Until wvw is redesiged, it’ll be what it has been:

1) Either you fight the same worlds/servers for sometimes months on end and have close match ups, which is what we had before the RNG +8/-8 ranks systems went into place. (Fighting the same servers got stale and boring, so…. Anet changed it up and did #2 below.)

-OR-

2) You have rotfstomp match ups often (you could be the stomper or the stomped) and sometimes have a close match up when you fight adjacent ranks. The league is bascially this approach with a slight modification on the +/- match ups and it groups servers up – gold, silver, and bronze.

I personally like an idea that I’ve seen posted in these forums that involves factions based on the 3 WvW colors – green, blue, and red. Where groups of severs belong to a faction color based on rank. Basically, each faction color has strong, medium and weak servers in them to try and make things fair.

There’s a youtube video created by El Taquito Bandito/battleaxemultimedia that explains it all. He says it’s not his idea, but he put the idea together in a video form, which I greatly appreciate. IMO it’s a very good video and is worth checking out and could potentially save us from option 1 and 2 above.

I think it’s REALLY worth a look by EVERYBODY that hasn’t seen this video. You might like what you see

http://youtu.be/qHcO6Xo8eJ8

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Until wvw is redesiged, it’ll be what it has been:

1) Either you fight the same worlds/servers for sometimes months on end and have close match ups, which is what we had before the RNG +8/-8 ranks systems went into place. (Fighting the same servers got stale and boring, so…. Anet changed it up and did #2 below.)

-OR-

2) You have rotfstomp match ups often (you could be the stomper or the stomped) and sometimes have a close match up when you fight adjacent ranks. The league is bascially this approach with a slight modification on the +/- match ups and it groups servers up – gold, silver, and bronze.

I personally like an idea that I’ve seen posted in these forums that involves factions based on the 3 WvW colors – green, blue, and red. Where groups of severs belong to a faction color based on rank. Basically, each faction color has strong, medium and weak servers in them to try and make things fair.

There’s a youtube video created by El Taquito Bandito/battleaxemultimedia that explains it all. He says it’s not his idea, but he put the idea together in a video form, which I greatly appreciate. IMO it’s a very good video and is worth checking out and could potentially save us from option 1 and 2 above.

I think it’s REALLY worth a look by EVERYBODY that hasn’t seen this video. You might like what you see

http://youtu.be/qHcO6Xo8eJ8

What an awesome idea!

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

We know they need to fix it, but it will not happen over night. At least that new map will have a shorter competition time, so when you give up on PPT, you can go and have fun and try to win in the Edge of the Mists.

in WvW

Posted by: Eternal Pumpkin.3968

Eternal Pumpkin.3968

This is also a good idea because not only does it help with the queue problem of the busy servers but can also help servers like Vabbi which don’t have many people playing WvW.

in WvW

Krypto.2069

This is also a good idea because not only does it help with the queue problem of the busy servers but can also help servers like Vabbi which don’t have many people playing WvW.

I agree, Eternal!

Imagine… if a bronze league red faction is having trouble in their match up that week. Well, they send a PM to a commander of their silver or gold league brothers, “bros, could u spare a few people waiting in your queue to come down and help us get our garrison back?” I’d bet most people would help out their brothers and sisters of the same faction that are in a jam.

Plus it can help strengthen cross-server ties and build the wvw community, like the PVE’ers do it with dungeon guesting. And while say a gold league guild is helping out their bros in their bronze match up, they show them some T1 tactics. The gold league guys/gals get to get out of queue and play wvw and the bronze leaguers get some disparately needed help, while everybody builds a stronger wvw community. Sounds like a win/win to me.

I’d love to see something like this happen.

THANK U El Taquito Bandito/battleaxemultimedia for creating the video!!!!

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It’s OK this is all part of data gathering for master plan

Lol. Well played. I’m hoping the answer is this… “We learned a lot from this league and found out that the members of the forums really do know much about how handle the league than we do. We are sorry”

That would be the ideal ANET response.

in WvW

Posted by: ZaCeze.9416

ZaCeze.9416

I don’t understand why would anyone not enjoy being roflstomped every week? C’mon, it’s fun!

Gumiho/Warrior Dessivie/Mesmer
I’m just a dolyak with presents on its back.
Ex-Kaineng→ IOJ Magnificient

in WvW

Posted by: ZaCeze.9416

ZaCeze.9416

I don’t understand why would anyone not enjoy being roflstomped every week? C’mon, it’s fun!

Gumiho/Warrior Dessivie/Mesmer
I’m just a dolyak with presents on its back.
Ex-Kaineng→ IOJ Magnificient

in WvW

Posted by: SLOTH.5231

SLOTH.5231

This reminds me when the bowling tournament starts all the 200+ average bowlers sandbag to get a high handicap and win all the money at the end of the season. ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

“$!*$1#!, incoming”
" )(!U!!245#!J!@#(!$*! D

I don’t see the problem. Ninja’d hills yday with 5 people.

Edit: No i’m just being rude. I feel your pain, but I guess we’ll have to wait until Edge of the Mists, so all the blobs get lost in there.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Could you imagine what a kitten show it would have been (more so then now) if Devon had gotten his way and made NA 2 Leagues.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We do really well at peak then it’s nightcap galore. Boring.

We’ll come second from bottom because of this.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Krypto.2069

Could you imagine what a kitten show it would have been (more so then now) if Devon had gotten his way and made NA 2 Leagues.

I agree, the lopsided match ups would have been even worse.

But on a positive note… Devon and Anet devs did listen to the wvw forum community and changed up NA to 3 tiers, reduced the BL bloodlust to something reasonable and they’re continuing to listen to us with the Collaborative Development threads. Plus, the Edge of the Mists is coming, and they’re making an area of the Obsidian Sanctum for guild vs guild fights.

All in all we’re moving in the right direction.

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Doesn’t make sense.

being matched up by servers 1-2 ranks higher/lower is incredibly less boring then matched up with 8+, that way u can have some equal fights instead of being over runned by their x3-4 zerg EVERYtime u try to capture anything

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m on SoS, I feel your pain. That being said, it has been a great opportunity to hone my roaming skills. Avoiding enemy movements, slapping yaks and flipping camps is pretty much all we can do. Every now and then a decent Comm shows up with his guild and we cap the garrison. Then they leave and I am back you slapping yaks and flipping camps. I would flip mercs as well but Anet in their infinite wisdom has put some stupid PvE events right in the middle of them. Yeah Season1 is great!! I wish is was like this all the time (heavy sarcasm).

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

merge servers, save the world. Come on arenanet, you know you want to, just do it

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

The plan is to make WvW so annoying that when the new map comes you’ll be super glad to play them.