WvW tournament 2015?

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Profanity.6829

Profanity.6829

Hi guys,

Im a bit of a WvW newby here, but i see alot of players with these cool WvW weapons that you can buy for WvW Tournament claim tickets
(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Tournament_Claim_Ticket)

I really like to participate to save up for these weapons, altho im really confused when. I understand this Tournament is a temp thing, and that the last was “fall 2014”.

When will a new one start?

I couldn’t find much about it on wiki.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

my guess would be after expansion.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

I’d guess before the expansion since they’ll need to eat up the dead time until the expansion arrives, assuming the LS comes to a halt until you play in the expansion storyline.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Last year we had 2 tournaments (spring and fall) in April and September. The April one was longer and more nerve racking. I’m not sure about 2013, but I think there was only 1 tournament that year. Maybe they’ll have 3 this year with the shorter 4 week format.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Lets hope they dont repeat the same mistake for the 4th time

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

From what I hear, the expansion pack is going to be at least a few months out. That means ANET will be looking for some filler content and the standard WvW tournament fits that.

Just pray they don’t roll out the same failed “swiss tournament” as before.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Every Tournament apart from the first two were a fail, even then S2 was too long, yet we still had imbalances in some Leagues – over here in the EU. Whatever format brings more problems, because as a Competition it isn’t finely balanced enough between populations.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Lets hope they dont repeat the same mistake for the 4th time

Hear, hear

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

my guess would be after expansion.

My hope would be before, at least that way we have something to keep us occupied while we wait for it. Theres at least 6 weeks before the demo of the expansion at PAX…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

I hope they won’t do any more of this stupid thing till system is fixed. Can allready tell who will get what place.

JUST NO.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Am on SFR so i want

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Don’t combine glicko with Swiss-style, don’t allow transfers mid-tourney with no wvw lockout, and lock leagues before the announcement so nobody has any way of tanking downward to guarantee an undefeated season.

Just 3 things I’ll throw out there.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

lock leagues before the announcement so nobody has any way of tanking downward to guarantee an undefeated season.

That’s not a good idea unfortunately because any number of population changes can happen to a server between the time the lock occurs and the time the tournament starts.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It would, however, stop tourney tanking. Population changes happen often, well outside of tournaments. I’m not talking about locking transfers, I’m talking about locking leagues, so that one server from a higher league (Gold->Silver, Silver->Bronze) doesn’t end up destroying other servers from a lower league. Does that make more sense?

Enforcing the 7 day WvW lockout also ties into this. If they go Swiss-style again, there’s nothing preventing people from transferring week-to-week to end up on the server that reaps the most rewards.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

No it still doesn’t make sense. If you lock the league but not transfers, people can mass-leave a server that is locked into bottom of Gold before the tournament and the remaining players on that server are kittened.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

On the other hand, it amazes me that players are willing to spend 1800 gems or so to get 2 extra chests with blue/greens for a couple of weeks. Are people actually doing that ?

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Hopefully never again. Ever. No. No. Do not want. Tournaments can die in a tire fire.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

EotM tournament is much better idea. EotM need more achs too.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

On the other hand, it amazes me that players are willing to spend 1800 gems or so to get 2 extra chests with blue/greens for a couple of weeks. Are people actually doing that ?

The problem is that Anet has given free transfers to certain server just before the start of a league, I only remember PS, Gandara, RoF but Im sure there where others. That pretty much made people bandowagoning to them in order to get better rewards.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I hope they won’t do any more of this stupid thing till system is fixed. Can allready tell who will get what place.

JUST NO.

Idk, as far as servers go yes you can tell who is going to win miles out. However it’s always cool to see people come out of PvE (even if it is just for rewards).

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Idk, as far as servers go yes you can tell who is going to win miles out. However it’s always cool to see people come out of PvE (even if it is just for rewards).

Maybe a few, but from what I have seen, there are some extremely close matches on regular weeks, much less tournament weeks. If your suggesting you could pick even 50% of the winners, then your just blowing smoke.

I really enjoy the tournaments, and the impression I get from my guild and my friends is that they do to. I really hope we get another one soon.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Maybe a few, but from what I have seen, there are some extremely close matches on regular weeks, much less tournament weeks. If your suggesting you could pick even 50% of the winners, then your just blowing smoke.

I really enjoy the tournaments, and the impression I get from my guild and my friends is that they do to. I really hope we get another one soon.

Not on individual match ups you’re right… But in actual tournaments (especially the way they were last time) was extremely predictable.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Not on individual match ups you’re right… But in actual tournaments (especially the way they were last time) was extremely predictable.

How so? Don’t the individual match ups, in themselves, define the tournament?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hi guys,

Im a bit of a WvW newby here, but i see alot of players with these cool WvW weapons that you can buy for WvW Tournament claim tickets
(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Tournament_Claim_Ticket)

I really like to participate to save up for these weapons, altho im really confused when. I understand this Tournament is a temp thing, and that the last was “fall 2014”.

When will a new one start?

I couldn’t find much about it on wiki.

It’s ridiculous to make us wait months after the season should start.

It started by this time last year and we were promised MORE season not less but here we are at almost April and no WvW season.

Ignoring WvW is a dangerous thing – especially after spitting in our faces with the megaserver.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

NA could have used it to sort out t2. Now it could maybe use it to sort out t1 by breaking that barrier down for fa ( you should do ok).

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Look, man, with betas coming up and out there, I don’t wanna be in a position where people have to decide between competing in this useless garbage, or enjoying themselves/leaving feedback on HoT. Delay it until expac.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

I’d prefer anet to sort out (skill lag) before the return if any tournament.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I want another season badly. It would be nice to throw the NA T1 and T2 in to a 6 server rotation like EU has.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Ramona Flowers.7632

Ramona Flowers.7632

Coming up on May, still no word on WvW Spring Tourney?

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’m all for another WvW tournamant IF the losing side in each match gets the most rewards.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I’m all for another WvW tournamant IF the losing side in each match gets the most rewards.

sounds like the most useless tournament ever

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Myself and friends are hoping for a tournament in between now and the expansion. There has been no announcement yet this year.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Speaking of these claim tickets … aren’t the weapons like 300 each? And what do we get for first place, second place and third in the last tourney?

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Coming from a supporter of Ultimate Dominator farming in OS I take that as a compliment.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Coming from a supporter of Ultimate Dominator farming in OS I take that as a compliment.

I fail to see the connection. Loosers should get nothing and not the best/most rewards.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: sniperman.1738

sniperman.1738

I don’t really see them doing another tournament, because of the negative feedback on tourny 3, no one really liked the tournament 3 rewards, and no offense these world tournaments create very hostile environments within servers.

One of the Main Commander’s Grims Bane
Darkhaven
PPT Pusher/Fightmander

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Hopefully never again. Ever. No. No. Do not want. Tournaments can die in a tire fire.

This. Undeniably this.

Nothing good comes from tournaments. Nothing.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

first 2 were good rest didnt draw any attention
if u want to get everyone hyprd up u gotta let us talk kitten to each other

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I fail to see the connection. Loosers should get nothing and not the best/most rewards.

The only admissible ticket reward I see is the one I proposed 2 seasons ago:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Give-Bonuses-to-Gold-Silver-League-Servers/3920804

@Malediktus: Interesting problem: How to distribute 30 accounts over the 51 server to maximize ticket earnings. All to SFR? Rofl.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

WvW tournament 2015?

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Well tickets are account bound, so they dont help my main account unlock skins