WvW with Massive Skill Delays

in WvW

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya.

I was thinking it was only me but since patch, most of our guild, even players arround map chat complain that even without culling, we have hard time sometimes trying to make skills, they just aren’t working, some got some up to 5sec delay…

Others just wont work no Mather how much you press it. But the main attack (1) for example isn’t affected by it.

I’m wondering what is going on? Are the servers under some short of madness today?

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

in WvW

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

So are these the servers they pulled “offline”?

Is this the same skill lag that they stated would not be addressed with the culling fix?

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

So are these the servers they pulled “offline”?

Is this the same skill lag that they stated would not be addressed with the culling fix?

For some reason Skill Lag must be something with Culling. It’s just strange, it isn’t about our connections itself, when it Happens… It’s Unplayable.

*For example today inside SM Castle, 3 ZERGs… NO Skill effects, all people clicking everywhere to make skills but it just wont work. *After some seconds the delay is gone and we can play again.

But even only some seconds it’s enough for make it unplayable. Imagine yourself go to an middle of an Zerg and from nothing you aren’t able to make skills…. “Oh f-….!”.

Asura thing.

in WvW

thisolderhead.5127

Yep – my point was that the Culling fix was never intended to address the skill lag.

I suspect that the skill lag is that there is caps on concurrent TPS on the backend databases and this gets blown out in some circumstances, leading to queued transactions… if they use FIFO queues this will result in one type of lag, if they use FILO queues (and assume some key spamming) it will create another – this sounds like the latter.

They’ve probably limited the concurrent transactions due to the platform needing better resources available (more RAM or processor prower) or due to a limitation on the backend database engine only being capable of concurrently processing X or N transactions… I suspect the latter which would be a VERY worrying and expensive/difficult issue to address depending on how they’ve “plugged into it”.

Please try again.

in WvW

Posted by: Lighto.2805

Lighto.2805

Yep – my point was that the Culling fix was never intended to address the skill lag.

I suspect that the skill lag is that there is caps on concurrent TPS on the backend databases and this gets blown out in some circumstances, leading to queued transactions… if they use FIFO queues this will result in one type of lag, if they use FILO queues (and assume some key spamming) it will create another – this sounds like the latter.

They’ve probably limited the concurrent transactions due to the platform needing better resources available (more RAM or processor prower) or due to a limitation on the backend database engine only being capable of concurrently processing X or N transactions… I suspect the latter which would be a VERY worrying and expensive/difficult issue to address depending on how they’ve “plugged into it”.

:D
translation :

Its called server lag … the bl server u are in cant handle the skill spamming from hundreds of people at the same time in massive battles and that result in skill lag . They need to by better servers or optimise the servers if its possible

(edited by Lighto.2805)

in WvW

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

So does this mean that in big zergs it’s going to be those with the best auto-attack = win?
Not trying to diminish seriousness. I have been in this situation before. No skills firing and everyone running around confused. Charr’s being able to use their claws or teeth would be funny at that point. Norn’s using a body slam option…

Well at least they can move on to optimizing their handling of data (server side)now that culling has been passed on to the client side.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I had to set all my graphics settings to low or lowest. And well none on shadows. That killed most the lag for me.

And actually it wasn’t even a case of the best autoattack wins, because people werent where they were suppose to be and even autoattack wouldnt go off with my target standing on top of me.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

thisolderhead.5127

So does this mean that in big zergs it’s going to be those with the best auto-attack = win?
Not trying to diminish seriousness. I have been in this situation before. No skills firing and everyone running around confused. Charr’s being able to use their claws or teeth would be funny at that point. Norn’s using a body slam option…

Well at least they can move on to optimizing their handling of data (server side)now that culling has been passed on to the client side.

Autoattack would still be queued – makes no difference, movement is different or you’d also be rubber banding all over the shop (client apparently handles a lot of movement code, food for exploiters’ thoughts).

And yes its “Server lag” – glad the post a couple up there shed some additional thoughts about why the server side is lagging there or even some anecdote that might support/deny the possible reasons.

Please try again.

in WvW

Lighto.2805

I had to set all my graphics settings to low or lowest. And well none on shadows. That killed most the lag for me.

changing graphic settings cant fix lag .
Low fps is not lag .

(edited by Lighto.2805)

in WvW

thisolderhead.5127

And actually it wasn’t even a case of the best autoattack wins, because people werent where they were suppose to be and even autoattack wouldnt go off with my target standing on top of me.

Ah in your case you are getting direct client lag too, possibly from video processing or network latency (wifi, crap ISP, VPNs, etc) – slightly different symptoms with BIG flags about where the issue is.

Please try again.

in WvW

thisolderhead.5127

Low fps in not lag .

Video processing can (in some cases) produce a latency… just saying.

Please try again.

in WvW

Lighto.2805

Low fps in not lag .

yeh sure… MS`s . I think we are talking about 10sec+ skill delays :/

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Low fps in not lag .

Fair enough. Let me rephrase. Perhaps try lowering your graphics settings. You may not be lagging but perhaps just low fps that looks like the skill lag we have all come to know and love over the last month. Better?

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Lighto.2805

Low fps in not lag .

Fair enough. Let me rephrase. Perhaps try lowering your graphics settings. You may not be lagging but perhaps just low fps that looks like the skill lag we have all come to know and love over the last month. Better?

even if my game runs at 1fps (never drops before 17-20 ) this will cause a maximum of 1 sec delay of an instant cast skill and that will happen if u happen to press the skill just as the frame started … i think … Nah man listen . ANY skill delay beyond 2 sec (not to mention 10+ 20+ witch happens) is absolutly imposible to be a result of your graphic settings

in WvW

thisolderhead.5127

Low fps in not lag .

yeh sure… MS`s . I think we are talking about 10sec+ skill delays :/

I stated that it is not the same issue as the OP raised of long 10+sec lag spikes.

And 10ms latency is “normal” video latency… but yeah I’m not entering into this moot conversation now.

Please try again.

in WvW

Lighto.2805

the problem is that majority of the people still think that they can fix this outrages lag whit changing of the graphic settings or buying better pc …. istead of putting pressure on anet to fix their mess , or more likely the unwillingness to spend cash on better hardware

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

I think it’s nonsense saying “Buy a Better PC” in this case of Skil Delays.

For me it can’t be about too much, because for example I was runnin to the Bay in our Borderlands, without anybody near me, tried to do an Speed Boost Skill, nothing, after 7~8 seconds of clicking the Skill did fine!

When that happened to me, it proves that it isn’t about PC Lag, it was server side that caused that “lag” that only affected my Skills, for some mad reason of this universe.

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: fragnstein.3486

fragnstein.3486

This is unplayable, I cant even get though tower doors let along fire off skills. Its like Im totally unsynced with the server. I see others rubberbanding every where.
At one point during a big battle , I was tring to exit a tower which after about 30 sec I decided to go upstairs and jump off. I was close to the front of the tower getting ready to jump when I appeared outside the front door half dead. Oh kitten, I try to get back in the tower but couldnt, when I finally did I had about 4 different debuffs smack me all at once including a confusion. Then I appeared back outside the tower, which was after the battle, and everyone around moved indouble speed to stack on the commander at which time I was disconnected from the server.
When someone says buy a better PC, we are looking at you ANET. You have destroyed the playability of your game. If your game is unplayable, people wont play your game