WvWvW Queues issue [Merged Threads]

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

they did a ninja change and didnt tell anyone, seems like they lowered the cap limit for players per map or they have a huge bug they havent found a way to fix

Nope, I think it’s this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Any-Tarnished-Coast-citizens-agree/first

People who log out of WvW (or crash to desktop) leave a “ghost” in the WvW map that takes a long time to actually leave .. resulting in artificial queues.

No its not this, there were massive queues within seconds of reset tonight…

and not just on high pop “hardcore” wvw servers, numerous servers are experiencing this.

Its clear they significantly reduced the WvW population allowed in the zones.

Yep, but we have been seeing issues with this since the Monday patch … and what has been working for us is encouraging our folks to zone out of WvW before they leave for the night. We started seeing space free up and actual bodies arrive.

We recognized there was something significantly wrong when were were getting queues on 2/4 maps during 8am EST timezone .. we did get a few guilds in that time period, we’re very lucky to get them, they’re all awesome people and have fit in really well … but that wouldn’t account for the queues and corresponding lack of bodies. We had been overwhelmed by SoR’s number — they were literally spawn camping all our exits, and we had queues on our BL’s and only 20 people at the spawn … we did run around looking too, but found none that could add up for the queue times.

Maybe you guys are just seeing it now in the queue times .. but folks have reported seeing their friend’s little blue dot on map long after they logged out. Something funky came with that Monday patch .. it could be something as simple as a code issue with the new culling counter.

What I’m saying in relation to the reset queue times is that folks could have been on your maps when the reset happened, forcing them out into Lion’s Arch … and leaving a ghost behind, taking up space.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Blue.7256

Blue.7256

Dear OP. You are playing on a Very High populated server. What do you expect? Servers are always mobilizing all their forces for reset nights. Those are not randoms players like you expect. Those are people who come to play over this first night of the matchup for the good of their server. To make hole following week easier. So if they get on the map, they will not leave it for several hours. That’s why you can’t get in and queue is long. Because noone is leaving. After all, they decided to spend the night in GW2. Just like you did. If you don’t like it you could (and you still can, but not for free anymore) move to a server with lower WvW population.

cheers

[RL] Bluel
Royal Legion – Polish MMORPG Guild
www.royallegion.pl

in WvW

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Even more amusing. A guild on my server was requesting people to leave. So their guild mates could get in. Never seen that in Daoc.

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Just would like to chime in and say that myself and at least 20 members of my guild have been queued since 4:30 PM PST and it’s now 7:45 PM PST and we’re still not in.

A three hour queue to play some of the only endgame that GW2 has to offer is not okay, high population server or not.

At this point I am quite certain that I will not be able to participate in my guild’s push tonight.

in WvW

Posted by: Lillie.9106

Lillie.9106

Anet, please get this taken care of in some way, shape or form ASAP. Even in T1 I wasn’t facing 2+ hour queues, even on reset night. This is wildly unacceptable if you want to actually keep your WvWvW players around.

in WvW

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I am in a low tier and there is no queue.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

There is definitely a problem in general. There are long queues and missing players in WvW. Something is wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Swifter.6451

Swifter.6451

Definitely seen an increase in queue time, and a lower population in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I’m not getting a queue on SBI.. wonder why

rofl.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

jazzllanna.1278

Well there is space on the other servers.. you know the ones that got abandoned for the next great thing. SBI has no queue on any map.

Every day there are a few posts asking for number increases, new maps, something that anet should do.. how about maybe- just maybe, consider your choice as a player and guild not to choose such high wvw population servers?

I am truly sorry for the players that had been on servers since the beginning and having to face queues because of the mass transfers, but honestly most of those servers were asking people to move there. Sure there was a 5 min queue before you attracted 1000s of new players. Just think what the queue will be with the new wvw additions that are suppose to be coming.

I do not think it is right that everyone crammed into 4 or 5 servers knowing that there are max capacity for maps and then complain about having to wait. That was something that should have been considered before moving imo.

Again sorry if it was your server before and if it is a weird bug that sucks and hope it is fixed, but seriously consider how many people moved in the last week expecting their wvw experience to be so amazing now that they are on “the” server to be on.

I hope they do not raise the population caps so that maybe there will be people that do transfer to the lower population servers and in time maybe they will all be somewhat even and fun for everyone involved.

in WvW

Lillie.9106

Dear OP. You are playing on a Very High populated server. What do you expect? Servers are always mobilizing all their forces for reset nights. Those are not randoms players like you expect. Those are people who come to play over this first night of the matchup for the good of their server. To make hole following week easier. So if they get on the map, they will not leave it for several hours. That’s why you can’t get in and queue is long. Because noone is leaving. After all, they decided to spend the night in GW2. Just like you did. If you don’t like it you could (and you still can, but not for free anymore) move to a server with lower WvW population.

cheers

It’s not just high pop servers. And it has NEVER been this bad, even on a reset night on a T1/T2 server. This is absolutely ridiculous that this hasn’t been addressed in the last couple of days…knowing they’d have an influx of more people now that wvwvw ratings have reset.

in WvW

Posted by: lionspride.7596

lionspride.7596

We did a head count by asking people to type 1 in team chat about 10 mins ago, we had 31 people respond. We have que’s lasting 3 hours. even if you assume that half of the people playing did not respond that would mean we had 62 total at the very most. Something is completely screwy.

I believe it has something to do with players logging out of the game directly from WvW.

Pride Nightshade [TV] – 80 Ranger
Leader, Transcendent Veneration – Tarnished Coast
http://transcendentveneration.guildportal.com

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Well there is space on the other servers.. you know the ones that got abandoned for the next great thing. SBI has no queue on any map.

Every day there are a few posts asking for number increases, new maps, something that anet should do.. how about maybe- just maybe, consider your choice as a player and guild not to choose such high wvw population servers?

I am truly sorry for the players that had been on servers since the beginning and having to face queues because of the mass transfers, but honestly most of those servers were asking people to move there. Sure there was a 5 min queue before you attracted 1000s of new players. Just think what the queue will be with the new wvw additions that are suppose to be coming.

I do not think it is right that everyone crammed into 4 or 5 servers knowing that there are max capacity for maps and then complain about having to wait. That was something that should have been considered before moving imo.

Again sorry if it was your server before and if it is a weird bug that sucks and hope it is fixed, but seriously consider how many people moved in the last week expecting their wvw experience to be so amazing now that they are on “the” server to be on.

I hope they do not raise the population caps so that maybe there will be people that do transfer to the lower population servers and in time maybe they will all be somewhat even and fun for everyone involved.

You can’t just take high tier players and tactics down to a low tier server. You end up steamrolling every map and it ruins the fun for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

You can’t just take high tier players and tactics down to a low tier server. You end up steamrolling every map and it ruins the fun for everyone.

I agree with this…
Plus the stacking of a single server in t1 pretty much makes everyone else in the top need to do something similar to compete.
Also free transfers are gone now, so fat chance on any moves =D

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

jazzllanna.1278

Numbers at this stage in the game matter more than tactics. Hopefully that will be addressed.

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

WvW is extremely popular due to the rest of the game becoming stale .If theres anything that will keep this game alive is WvW.

WvW is Arenanet’s golden goose.

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Numbers at this stage in the game matter more than tactics. Hopefully that will be addressed.

If your on high pop servers though the numbers is less an issue and tactics, coordination and intel become VERY important.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

WvW is extremely popular due to the rest of the game becoming stale .If theres anything that will keep this game alive is WvW.

WvW is Arenanet’s golden goose.

It’s also largely ignored too, last few major content updates had little to no wvw updates.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Xavier.2176

Xavier.2176

All the complaining in this topic is ridiculous. It’s reset night, what did you expect? Of course the queues are hours long! I’m on a high population server and if I can’t get to Eternal Battlegrounds like tonight, I just go to a borderland and have fun there. Or if all the borderlands are full on your server, then maybe go to a lower tier? Problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I think either there’s a bug… or more likely word got around about the standings reset and everyone who stopped playing WvW all decided to play again at once.

in WvW

Posted by: Bushi.4507

Bushi.4507

All the complaining in this topic is ridiculous. It’s reset night, what did you expect? Of course the queues are hours long! I’m on a high population server and if I can’t get to Eternal Battlegrounds like tonight, I just go to a borderland and have fun there. Or if all the borderlands are full on your server, then maybe go to a lower tier? Problem solved.

If it was because of the massive wvw population, then there wouldn’t be as much complaining. However, it’s not because of population on Blackgate anyways. Many of us have been in queue for 4+ hours, some relogged a couple times to no avail. Meanwhile, a few other guild members were in eb and other bls and were dc’d only to log back in and be in queue for 15 or less minutes. That’s what I’m complaining about. But, I suppose it’s mere frustration.

Mordred The Red

[HB] Black Gate

in WvW

Posted by: Blue.7256

Blue.7256

cheers

It’s not just high pop servers. And it has NEVER been this bad, even on a reset night on a T1/T2 server. This is absolutely ridiculous that this hasn’t been addressed in the last couple of days…knowing they’d have an influx of more people now that wvwvw ratings have reset.

Don’t know which server you’re talking about friend, but on SFR it’s like this since 2 months. And it was a medium pop server, only recently it turned to high due to bandwaggon transfers. During the reset night you had one chance to get on your border. If you failed you could just go to sleep. Queue would be endless, 2 hours minimum. I can only imagine it getting worse on all top tier servers now.

[RL] Bluel
Royal Legion – Polish MMORPG Guild
www.royallegion.pl

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I do not agree that maps should have a higher population. Already a problem with some servers just dominating as it is, don’t need them to out number other servers all the time. They can just suffer with their wait to get into the map.

Now, if all servers were balanced in population that plays W3, and that population is spread out for all time zones, I wouldn’t mind a higher population limit.

I’m betting there is a bug with the whole system and that system I think needs to be fixed as well as improved.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

But, I suppose it’s mere frustration.

The most frustrating part is not having any idea how much longer you need to wait. It could be 5 mins…could be 5 hours.

The lack of counter is absurd. When you queue up it should give you a little box that constantly updates your position in the queue (term used loosely since this is not a real queue).

Ie, you queue up for EB, a little thing pops up in the corner of your screen saying “You are queued up for EB. You are number 75020 in line.”

Then when someone gets in from teh queue, your box is updated. “You are queued up for EB. You are number 75019 in line.”

At least then we could see progress. We could see if people are moving in the queue or if it’s stagant. If I see no movement, I decide that rather than wait 5 hours to get in, I’ll go do something else. If I see 1 person every 1 minute or so moving, I can decide if I want to wait.

It at least gives us some sort of way to approximate what our wait is rather than this endless wait with no end in sight.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i have no idea how it works. my guildies are queued for 45 min before i queue and get in in 30 seconds.

it is really ridiculous though. do commanders get priority? how is it that some guilds manage to get upwards of 40 people in and we can’t even get 2 people in?

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

It’s not the queue its self that is annoying. It’s the fact it is so buggy.
I can watch guildies Queue and sit in 1 map running around killing time for 2hours, and other guildies queue’ing in and getting in within 1 hour. All during the same time frames and even same maps.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Lillie.9106

Don’t know which server you’re talking about friend, but on SFR it’s like this since 2 months. And it was a medium pop server, only recently it turned to high due to bandwaggon transfers. During the reset night you had one chance to get on your border. If you failed you could just go to sleep. Queue would be endless, 2 hours minimum. I can only imagine it getting worse on all top tier servers now.

I can’t even imagine it being this bad only on a medium population server. I’m on Blackgate and on a reset night on pretty much any map, I wouldn’t face a queue of this proportion. I’m now on hour 3 and I’m not a happy camper!!! I can’t believe SF has been experiencing this for months…rage!!

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

What is going on? This this the 932940238940928 Thread about this and no word from ANET yet. Seriously.

From what it looks like, when someone gets DC’d their body still shows in the map. (you can see them if they are in your party) so their “Ghost” is still taking up a slot. Lets say there is a 100 man limit per BL and 30 of them get DC’d we will still have a que cuz it seems like the server still think they’re in the BL.

in WvW

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Yeah, everyone knows that something is wrong with it at this point. There’s a queue when the map isn’t full, some people get in before others, some people have much shorter queues at random, being in certain maps apparently speeds up queue, queue only lets new people in every certain amount of time instead of instantly, and so much more.

We know Anet doesn’t give a kitten about PvP in general, but at least make it playable for us until we have somewhere else to go and you can finally forget about us and focus on PvE.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

You are in long ques because you are in zerg servers.

My guild started in SoR.. then once it started going to high up in the ranks, the que times were about 6 hours long. It killed our guilds morale. So we jump ship down to a lower tier server, and love have no ques!

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

You are in long ques because you are in zerg servers.

My guild started in SoR.. then once it started going to high up in the ranks, the que times were about 6 hours long. It killed our guilds morale. So we jump ship down to a lower tier server, and love have no ques!

Tonight is the first time I met a q this long on SoR.
I think you might have been from another reality or your smoking something.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

TC EB had a 3 hour long queue tonight. At the 2 and a half mark I looked over at the map and we didn’t own a SINGLE base. There is definitely something not right with the queue system. Why else wouldn’t they allow us to see queue positions or give estimated times? The mechanics are not right and Anet needs to look at it because it is a huge turn off for many wvw’ers.

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

If your on one of the big transfer servers…I have no sympathy for you! You asked for it when transferring, yaks bend I do feel for you guys though!

We can’t stop new people from transfering to our server. I have been on my server for months.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in WvW

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

TC EB had a 3 hour long queue tonight. At the 2 and a half mark I looked over at the map and we didn’t own a SINGLE base. There is definitely something not right with the queue system. Why else wouldn’t they allow us to see queue positions or give estimated times? The mechanics are not right and Anet needs to look at it because it is a huge turn off for many wvw’ers.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

@PVP sorry wasn’t fully clear that was directed primarily at people who transferred to those servers not as much as the original inhabitants, my bad for undescriptive

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

@PVP sorry wasn’t fully clear that was directed primarily at people who transferred to those servers not as much as the original inhabitants, my bad for undescriptive

Yeah, but it just sucks because we had half our guild ready at reset to get into EB and half of them got a queue instantly and had to wait 3-4 hours to get in. While some members that JUST logged in, got in in 5 min.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

How those new servers everyone migrated to? Enjoy the Que

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

Thats funny, we have outmanned and instant pops on all 4 maps. Hmmmm.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Zierk.4289

Zierk.4289

Some people in my guild had this issue. Waiting in queue for 2 hours while I got in in 15 minutes… re-queue every 15-20 mins. Works like a charm

Zierk [VA] Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
Vigiliant Addiction – Multi-Gaming Community
http://www.vigilantaddiction.com

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Because if you knew you were 201 out of 201 you would just log off and not play. Its their way of making you be signed on.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh.8154

Josh.8154

What is the deal with these super long Ques for WvW on Kaineng? I can see maybe a 15-20 minutes but over an hour? The forces that can actually get in are outnumbered because over half of our forces are tied up in the Ques waiting. I have been one of those. Now that we have a good matchup I WANT to WvW again but can not get in.

Home Server: Kaineng, Guild: Domicile Officer
Yarlash, lvl 80 Human Thief
Guild Website: www.domicile.guildlaunch.com

in WvW

Posted by: engnayr.9150

engnayr.9150

I had a 5.5 hour queue. My guild mates that queued at the same time had a 1 hour queue. There definitely seems to be something wrong with the queues on Kaineng. I heard JQ had the same problem. Is this true?

Edit: oh yeah, not 5 minutes after I got in, another guild mate got in and told me it was 30 minutes. wtf

Stratheos, Elementalist
Kaineng

(edited by engnayr.9150)

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

TC and a number of EU servers have reported this issue since the week before.

It would appear that the queue isnt really a queue, more akin to a wvw overflow of sorts.

Either way anet really needs to get on this as it would appear the problem of mismatched populations yet “queued” maps seems to haave spread.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: novi.6421

novi.6421

Ya they must have done something.

I’m still in Que since reset 4PM my time, its now 11PM and my Que still hasn’t popped. This is actually my third time going into Que. Last reset only took a few hours, they had to lower the cap recently.

My server uses teamspeak 3 and out of 250+ ppl logged in to Teamspeak, ready for reset only 1/3 was able to make it into WvW. The others just did a little PvE and eventually logged off.

Really boring if you ask me, I mean you have all these people ready to play and they cant even get into the battlegrounds, so pretty much wasting their time. If this keeps up, people are just not even going to bother log in. Even friends of mine in lower tier servers took over 4-5 hours for their ques to pop.

(edited by novi.6421)

in WvW

Posted by: inbetween.5623

inbetween.5623

This is not a recent development. This problem has persisted from day one. It is not a FIFO queue. Try queueing as a group and youll find it tries to get everyone in at the same time, whereas someone who queued individually at the same time as the group may get in half an hour earlier or half an hour later. Im not certain of the mechanics, but it effects all servers with a queue. Youve only just noticed it now since the reset boom in Kainengs population.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Super long queues on SOS as well but that may be expected.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

for the first time i had a wait of over an hour to get into yaks bend borderlands. Eternal simply was no-go at all. Never happened on yaks before. (Oceanic) i’m guessing something got “fixed”

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

If you check the other recent threads on the subject of long queues, you’ll see that many people are noticing that players in party who log out of the game without leaving WvW first still show as a dot on the map. The suspicion is that GW2 is not properly releasing players who leave in that manner, so the map still shows as being full even though it is not (thus the long queues).

I’ve checked it the last two nights and it always happens that way … I have the screen shots to prove it. You can see the dot on the mini map but no player on the main screen even though I’m standing near the location of the dot.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: novi.6421

novi.6421

From my previous reply, they had to have done something. Whatever the cap was that wasn’t the case this reset. One second after reset happen, people were already getting ques for all borderlands and only got reports of about 30 or so people at the starting point.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

Yes our average queue during reset is 2-3 hours. Given that our population hasn’t doubled in the last week, we shouldn’t now have 6 hours queues on K BL.

I was on during reset, I got in immediately, once about 50-75 ppl had joined the map the queue started and has persisted since. We’ve done head counts, we’ve done rallies, and no there aren’t people chilling out in the JP.

I’m only around to post this b/c I took a dinner break. So yeah queue time for me!

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

(edited by DarkElvenChic.2618)