Yaks Bend

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Probably because siege counts as population

this is 2017 not 2015…..

Yeah, but disloyal, bandwagoning “fight” guilds ignorantly perpetuating an old and now highly inaccurate stereotype, whatcha gonna do?

Lol are you trying to say YB doesn’t still hug siege? Because that’s not what I’ve been seeing this week.

Every server has those players that like siege. I see it in the same match up as you. I will say this about YB, on the first day that I came to YB, ( 2 Years ago ) up to now, YB has changed for most of us. We don’t use the amounts of siege that most of you think we do.

Ohhhkayyyy

https://youtu.be/jarKFnCQqhU

That video was taken nearly three months ago. A lot has changed since then. Basically, whether YB sieges or doesn’t siege depends on DK and/or the people who follow his approach. As of now he’s not logging in and other commanders with very different ideas are running things – if anyone can actually be said to be “running” anything.

Mind you, even DK wouldn’t siege up a camp like that. He’s very particular about specific placement for siege. No idea who might have been behind that one. Sieging up camps is a real T1 thing anyway, come to think of it. I’ve not seen it done often except when we’re trying to WP a keep on someone else’s BL, of course.

Then again, as I always have to add, I have literally never played during NA prime in the entire life of the game so for all I know werewolves and leprechauns come on then and knit siege out of unicorn hair.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Remember… one person does it, the entire server must be involved. /s

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

After what we faced last night during reset in the HOD BL from Yaks Bend I don’t want to hear whining about population size on YB. Your server has plenty of people on it, even ANET employees(which we killed every time we had a chance). The only time we get to see ANET employees is when we face another server.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Last night YB had a queue on SBI bl, and a queue on YB bl, both queues were single digit.

SBI at one point had double digit queues on all maps, including a 37 man queue on one of the BLs.

I cannot speak to HODs queues.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Probably because siege counts as population

this is 2017 not 2015…..

Yeah, but disloyal, bandwagoning “fight” guilds ignorantly perpetuating an old and now highly inaccurate stereotype, whatcha gonna do?

Lol are you trying to say YB doesn’t still hug siege? Because that’s not what I’ve been seeing this week.

Every server has those players that like siege. I see it in the same match up as you. I will say this about YB, on the first day that I came to YB, ( 2 Years ago ) up to now, YB has changed for most of us. We don’t use the amounts of siege that most of you think we do.

Ohhhkayyyy

https://youtu.be/jarKFnCQqhU

That’s not the real yaks bend, the real yaks bend would have at least 5 omegas and 10 acs to every camp, anything else is a insult to YB.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Salbiscuit.6901

Salbiscuit.6901

Last night YB had a queue on SBI bl, and a queue on YB bl, both queues were single digit.

SBI at one point had double digit queues on all maps, including a 37 man queue on one of the BLs.

Was just going to say the same thing! Our two 20-25 man groups and our little 8-man havoc group though is just massive!

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Nah, they don’t siege camps. They have transcended such pleb kitten:

But really, it was late at night, and I was drowsy but it made my day. I respect that kind of dedication. Also props to the Anet people on YB. Judging by that other video and the occasional claims that seems to be quite a bit of effort. A lot of my server mates get salty over it and honestly I don’t understand.

In all seriousness though, YB has at least 2 groups now (Unit and BOO) that will definitely do that kind of fighting thing.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

We are always impressive in NA on reset, but we (SBI) are pretty low pop from OCX through EU. YB has more overall activity than SBI+BP right now and we went full status like a week ago, so that’s probably why YB is full also.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Frost.5017

Frost.5017

SBI is pretty thick for a couple of hours in NA prime and then much lighter outside of that for coverage.

Some other interesting trivia about wvw life on SBI is that a sizable chunk of the pugglet population isn’t as useful as it could be. There’s an very high amount of medium armour per capita in the pug zergs, and a strangely high number of people that just like to stand in towers ‘scouting’ (not building or using seige, not calling out numbers or enemies usually until its too late anyway, etc etc) at all times. Between our group’s moves and alts I’ve seen several servers, but I have to say the wvw ecosystem on SBI is a bit strange really.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

Some other interesting trivia about wvw life on SBI is that a sizable chunk of the pugglet population isn’t as useful as it could be. There’s an very high amount of medium armour per capita in the pug zergs, and a strangely high number of people that just like to stand in towers ‘scouting’ (not building or using seige, not calling out numbers or enemies usually until its too late anyway, etc etc) at all times. Between our group’s moves and alts I’ve seen several servers, but I have to say the wvw ecosystem on SBI is a bit strange really.

SBI is the number one server for “Linking” call outs. No information, no numbers or server name or guild group or anything. Just a link to a place on the map. We often spend five minutes in chat trying to coerce information out of these players, and at times have lost things just due to the lack of communication.

I always called it a “community oriented” server, but that’s just a fancy way of saying Pugpopulace.

Edit: But this thread isn’t about SBI, it’s about YB being locked and not even paired. In all honesty, I’ve been scratching my head about that as well. But I have to say I’m glad you all are in our tier. I have a lot of respect for YB and the guilds on there, especially the late NA guilds like Unit and Tkx. They aren’t afraid of fighting and are really skilled as well. We’d be endlessly PvDing if not for them! Thanks for keeping it fun!

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

(edited by Ann Jay.2950)

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

SBI is pretty thick for a couple of hours in NA prime and then much lighter outside of that for coverage.

The people in towers are just following the meta.

They’re farming leather from the nodes

I’m under the suspicion there are people willingly making late callouts because they have a perpetual victim complex and are just trying to guilt trip commanders for failing to defend/not caring enough. Kind of a self-perpetuating cycle. Either that, or a complete lack of awareness of any kind, which is probably why people still complain about the borderland being owned on Reset Night and demand help even though the map is queued….

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Ann Jay.2950

OHHH BABY THOSE LEATHER AND CLOTH NODES!!!!!!!!! NOMNOMNOM

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Ohh i see where this is going sale more sale, more sale !!!

Because if this is it:

Quote:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Yaks-Bend/first#post6513253

" terms of play hours and ranks gained, which is the primary metric we use to determine which worlds we lock each week."
Quote end.

You just buy one gw2 account per day you play in the week,
so with 7 gw2 accounts you don’t count towards locking your own server.

Just use 7 different emails – maybe gw2 will being to offer free emails accounts
to complementary this new sale strategy.

It is all about the money.

I do love this 5 year olds thinking strategy – but all for the money ofc, i do see the point !

If you play 4 hours a day for 7 days on a single account = 28 “play hours”.

If you play 4 hours a day for 7 days on 7 different accounts = 28 “play hours”.

Edit: did 4*9 in my head instead of 4*7, fixed.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

Waited a whole to see if YB gets unlocked.. and even after losing 1 of ours big guilds (Transferred to another server) here we are still locked.. but hey the bright side is that at least 1 server was able to get out of the sinking boat, grats sbi .

I wish i could trade spots between my alt acc in YB and my main .

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

So basically people could decide they hate X server, create a bunch of free accounts, choose said hated server and AFK in WvW to manipulate.

Working as intended.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

A lot of people couldn’t be bothered to level their free alt account so they can even enter wvw.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Once upon a time you didn’t need to level, we were told that you would have to level but it wasn’t the case. Has this been fixed ? or can you still enter manually.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You have to level one character on the free account to 60 to unlock wvw for the account. You cannot get around it.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

there was also the 9.99 accounts some time ago before F2P. those could enter wvw right away – I think that is what Nutz might be thinking of…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Yes those were regular accounts for $10 for a limited time after the HoT announcement which I’m sure a lot players picked up, including myself. If people wanted to blow $10 to spy that’s their business.

I highly doubt a ton of those accounts from two years ago are on yb to afk troll them these days.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I think Liston is right, I might be thinking of the sale accounts. I was referring to when you were unable to Queue but you could just go to LA and enter the portal.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Liston.9708

Yes those were regular accounts for $10 for a limited time after the HoT announcement which I’m sure a lot players picked up, including myself. If people wanted to blow $10 to spy that’s their business.

I highly doubt a ton of those accounts from two years ago are on yb to afk troll them these days.

we do have a couple, but I doubt significantly more than other servers. i still think the methodology is simply ‘fubared’. Locked combined with no-link AND T3 is double-fubar on the surface.

T3 and T4 fights are decent so not as concerned as I was at first….. Just wish the peeps leaving T1 spread a little more.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Grim Reaper.3048

Grim Reaper.3048

The mythology behind the new system sounds good but has it’s flaws. There is no way YB should be lock at this point in time and with out a server link.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Sarika.3756

It’s keeping YB in tiers where there is no risk of a t1 roll while t1 is completely messed up. I’m fine with this.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Liston.9708

The fact we can’t push to T2 if we wanted (not saying we do) does leave a feeling of why bother at all. If it wasn’t for the guild I am in and the fun we have, that is exactly how I would feel. There are still alot of people living the PUGLife that do care about score…..

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Ann Jay.2950

I think some people (including myself) might be envious of YB’s situation… Server is locked, no link means that you are in no danger of getting bandwagoned, no obnoxious guilds coming in and queueing up your EBG for 12 hours or more a day. And with everyone from T1 looking for a new buggy to ride, you all may just sail right through this and stay comfortably in the tier that a lot of people consider a good place to be, without the frustration of getting locked into the DBL PvDing all night. Just saying…

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Does YB really want to get to t2 with jq still in there?

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If yb doesn’t figure something out they will become stuck in t4.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Liston.9708

I am happy in T3 myself, just the thought you have 0 chance of moving up and also struggling to maintain…. all the while being locked, not linked, and often out-manned all at the same time….

Simply said, the algorithms currently used stink….. No guarantee they are any better next re-linking…

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

If yb doesn’t figure something out they will become stuck in t4.

Stuck in t4 where they can still win easily.

They’re in the middle of the pack for t3 and 4 which is only 81 glicko apart, the top of t3 sbi just rolled t4, any of those bottom 6 have a chance to roll t3/4. I don’t think they need to worry about their rank so much for now.

Them being locked and not getting ppt performance out of their population is a little baffling, could be any number of reasons for that. Not enough tags on to motivate players, not enough people backcapping, one sided time zone coverage, too much defense and roaming and not alot of aggressive play, who knows.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Sarika.3756

Or, perhaps, YB doesn’t play the same way today as it did a couple of years ago.

Yes, I’ll go stand in front of the arrow cart firing squad now. I know, blasphemy!

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Liston.9708

looks left. looks right. whispers in hushed tones…..

I’ve never refreshed siege for the sole purpose of refreshing it since the day I entered WVW
when it wasn’t sell able, i’d drop for others to pick-up…..

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

looks left. looks right. whispers in hushed tones…..

I’ve never refreshed siege for the sole purpose of refreshing it since the day I entered WVW
when it wasn’t sell able, i’d drop for others to pick-up…..

You are a terrible person.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Sarika.3756

<.< >.> …often doesn’t have arrow carts in inventory…

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Nope, happy with T3 tyvm.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Them being locked and not getting ppt performance out of their population is a little baffling, could be any number of reasons for that. Not enough tags on to motivate players, not enough people backcapping, one sided time zone coverage, too much defense and roaming and not alot of aggressive play, who knows.

We are kinda sorta semi-officially not playing this match in an attempt to get out of the FULL lock. There’s supposedly a server meeting tonight related to how to proceed but those always happen when I’m asleep so I only get scraps of hearsay.

We also lost our main OCX PPT guild this week which means we now have no major presence in OCX, SEA or most of EU. HoD, meanwhile, seem to have picked up some ability to field big numbers outside of their traditional SEA dominance. Dunno who they got but my EBay account was linked to HoD for two months last linking and i never saw HoD doing this back then.

Add to that, playstyle on YB has changed markedly over the last few months. Not only do we have a lot more “fight” Commanders than we did, we also don’t have the PPT ones any more. It would have been good if we could have increased the fighting ones while retaining the PPT ones but instead we have see-sawed from one extreme to the other. I think a good deal of that is because of how little the outcome of matches means these days.

I strongly suspect that that would change if and when ANet finally get around to attaching the promised rewards to skirmishes. Indeed, if the rewards are any good I think most servers will be in for a significant change of playstyle whether they want it or not. I’m waiting on that, personally.

Oh, and I’d rather we stayed locked and unlinked forever than we ever go back to T1, at least in its current form.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Yak’s Bend is among the highest worlds in terms of play hours and ranks gained, which is the primary metric we use to determine which worlds we lock each week.

Hopefully this does not sound dumb but its based on ranks gained? Like when we lvl up in wvw? If so that is a bad system to go by a lot of people use thw wxp booster as well as celebration and other boosters to lvl up their wvw rank. lets not forget that sometimes you can get kegs to rank you up even further. Or is this another time of rank your speaking of?

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Yak’s Bend is among the highest worlds in terms of play hours and ranks gained, which is the primary metric we use to determine which worlds we lock each week.

Hopefully this does not sound dumb but its based on ranks gained? Like when we lvl up in wvw? If so that is a bad system to go by a lot of people use thw wxp booster as well as celebration and other boosters to lvl up their wvw rank. lets not forget that sometimes you can get kegs to rank you up even further. Or is this another time of rank your speaking of?

Did you not read her followup reply in this thread?

We use play hours to determine the size. Rank gains is tracked for comparison purposes since they usually follow a similar curve, but isn’t actually used to determine the world size.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Well if Mag opens up after their little tanking time, and YB stays locked there is something super-seriously wrong with the algorithm.

edit: aaaaaaaaand Mag rolls T3.

(edited by Kaiser.9873)

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

I don’t know—there is something wrong with taking straight player hours. 1 person playing for 3 hours is not the same as 3 people playing for 1 hour each, not in terms of effectiveness.

And if there’s any overlap in play times on the 3-person server, the 1-person server could be outnumbered more often than they outnumber the other team, even by twice as much, even though the same number of hours are played.

It’s just not apples to apples.

I don’t know what other method could be used, but I don’t have confidence in this one.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I don’t know—there is something wrong with taking straight player hours. 1 person playing for 3 hours is not the same as 3 people playing for 1 hour each, not in terms of effectiveness.

And if there’s any overlap in play times on the 3-person server, the 1-person server could be outnumbered more often than they outnumber the other team, even by twice as much, even though the same number of hours are played.

It’s just not apples to apples.

I don’t know what other method could be used, but I don’t have confidence in this one.

Then you are considering timezone balance which will never be achieved with current system.

We all know how stacked Mag is for NA while being light in some othe timezones.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

Sure, yeah, it’s a timezone question when it gets to that point. The point of bringing it up, though, is that for the players on the two maps, the only one that can outnumber the other fifty percent of the time is the one with a greater number of players, not the greater number of play hours, because that allows for more different configurations of who is playing when. The ability to mix it up only exists on the server with the greater number of players. Therefore, one hour of play time achieved in one manner is not equal to one hour of play achieved in another manner. There are other factors at play.

Irrespective of that, 1 person playing for 3 hours is still not the same as 3 people playing for 1 hour each. The quality of play and effectiveness, issues of burnout, feeling like the game is alive with other players, etc—these qualitative issues are influenced by the quantity of players available in the base.

Honestly, imo, there probably isn’t an algorithm that would do this as well as a human being would. It probably needs to have someone looking at a variety of factors—including play hours (I wouldn’t take it out of the equation by any means) and then making decisions based on not just leveling by tier, but on leveling all the tiers, in a slow and gentle manner over time. It probably wouldn’t cost any more money than it does already, with all the meetings and changing and developing of new algorithms.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

Honestly, imo, there probably isn’t an algorithm that would do this as well as a human being would. It probably needs to have someone looking at a variety of factors—including play hours (I wouldn’t take it out of the equation by any means) and then making decisions based on not just leveling by tier, but on leveling all the tiers, in a slow and gentle manner over time. It probably wouldn’t cost any more money than it does already, with all the meetings and changing and developing of new algorithms.

Anet would not do it by hand because at every decision taken people will say Anet is unfair (see linkings). I (and I think Anet too) prefer having something that treats every server the same way instead of something that will open more the gates of tears in that forum.

I agree that we should think of another metrics to add so the algorithm is more accurate. To be honnest i don’t think the raw number of unique players is a good metrics to add because it can add toxicity towards casual players, maybe count only those that play more that 1h/day on average ? We must keep in mind that Anet wants to measure player input (aka the server ressources) into the server not the result (which are measured by PPT & PPK).

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Yak’s Bend has nowhere near the population that BG is fielding 24/7 right now and has for many weeks so I am not sure how your statement makes any logical sense.

Being locked right now, before the next update is a horrid thing to do.

Undo the Beta linkings – let the servers “play their way” again.

Come play on all three servers and then tell me that YB should be locked.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

Yak’s Bend has nowhere near the population that BG is fielding 24/7 right now and has for many weeks so I am not sure how your statement makes any logical sense.

Didnt you just win your last match? Not as outnumbered as you think you are.
In case its lost upon you, there are meant to be red dots to fight.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Agnus.7589

Agnus.7589

LOL I just noticed that people are stacking Ferguson’s Crossing now that Yak’s Bend is full.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Didn’t YB just win T1?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

Clearly not paying much attention to reality.

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

LOL I just noticed that people are stacking Ferguson’s Crossing now that Yak’s Bend is full.

Lotta toxic kids on that server too, full force team chat last night lol

Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Not too sure the point and accuracy of replying to a post 2 mths ago.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com