Yo Anet Player Money PvE vs WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jitters.9401

Jitters.9401

Ok, so I read in a different post where someone said that WvW’rs do not buy gems where pve did.

For the record. I bought the game only for WvW = Cash Dispense #1

I started in Dr but made transfers all via gem purchases.
Dr to (can’t recall second server name) = Cash Dispense #2

Transfer from second server to SBI = Cash Dispense #3
Transfer from SBI back to Dr = Cash Dispense #4
Transfer from Dr to HoD = Cash Dispense #5

In support of the game I was willing to purchase gems for quite a few additions to baggage slots for my inventory.
In support of the game I was willing to purchase gems for some of the outfits.
In support of the game I was willing to purchase gems to increase my bank slots.
In support of the game I purchased gems in order to increase my ability to store collectibles to the max of 1500.

So Anet can say that some pve players do the same and there are more of them.

Question to you…. how many PvE players pay to transfer servers just to find decent WvW? BIG BLOODY ZERO. They don’t have to because Anet made the mega servers so all you pve people can have easier lives.

HEY ANET grab some brains. When you look at the amount of gems purchased per group (pve vs wvw) WvW, per person is actually giving you more money then pve per person. I know people who have purchased gems to do as many or more transfers for WvW. No pve person has done anything of the sort.

So how is this fair? WvW GETS HAS THE WORST ABILITY TO MAKE MONEY, YET WE ARE THE ONES SPENDING MORE ACTUAL CASH PER PERSON TO TRY AND FIND BETTER WvW solutions WHEN Pve has no such issue.

I would really love to see the numbers of WvW gem purchase per person in relation to gem purchase per person to pve.

Long story short. Anet has given so little to WvW, yet they take more per person from us. Good bloody job.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

TBH a good number of WvW player’s have probably spent more on Gems. Transfer’s aren’t free and server loyalty is all but a myth so there is quite a few players/full guilds that transfer every couple months. Some WvW players like myself find Anet’s version of PvE so mind numbingly boring that I would rather buy gems and turn them into gold then spend a single moment in PvE. Outfits, Salvo-Matics, Finishers, name changes, makeover’s, and gathering tools are not all exclusive to PvE players several WvW players buy this stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Actually I believe the real money makers are from WvW, with all the sever switching.

Since they merged all the pve servers into a mega server, the only reason TO spend significant gems/cash is because of WvW and desire to try new pastures.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

OP your argument lost the ability to hold water the second your post began to assume a mutual exclusivity between WvW players and PvE player. This whole flawed thought process that no one plays both WvW and PvE is absurd.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Random.4691

OP your argument lost the ability to hold water the second your post began to assume a mutual exclusivity between WvW players and PvE player. This whole flawed thought process that no one plays both WvW and PvE is absurd.

While you’re not wrong, according to Anet we all play both which is also not remotely close to true.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Ok, so I read in a different post where someone said that WvW’rs do not buy gems where pve did.

Did’t get past this part (actually I did) but really some random person posts something and you take their word for it?

Who ever said that obviously doesn’t know what they are talking about.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Oh look at all those toys in the gem store! I want one!

Buy a toy.
Go to WvW and try to use new toy.
Oh wait I cant, it’s been blocked from being used from WvW due to it being exploitable.
As such all toys will be banned from WvW

Ah well there’s my reason not to spend money on the gem store!

2)
Server transfers
The only people who actually have a need for server transfers are WvW players.
PvE players dont need to transfer to a different server any more, or even have to guest to another server!
If they are in a relatively empty instance, as soon as an active instance has an open spot, PvE players are rewarded for moving to that instance! How awesome is that, and it didnt even cost a single gem!
WvW players on the other hand, if their server loses players to another server and it’s activity decreases to the point WvW isnt fun any more, they have to pay over 1000 gems to move server. But since server transfer are based on total population, not WvW rank, WvW players are being ripped off to play on a decent server!
So here WvW players are paying more to play the game mode they want to play!
Imagine if PvE players had to pay gems to play PvE! There would be an outcry! People would be saying thei game is supposed to be sub-free, but this is a backdoor way into forcing some to pay a type of subscription!

So it’s not that WvW players dont spend on the gem store, it’s that Anet doesnt makes items for WvW players, bans them from using others in WvW, and basically does not even think about WvW players when producing new items!

It’s like a pet store saying cats dont exist because they arent buying bird seeds.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

coglin.1867

While you’re not wrong, according to Anet we all play both which is also not remotely close to true.

Do you have a link to something, in which they stated “WE ALL” play both?

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Teehee.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Mike-O-Brien-thinks-you-re-all-into-PvE

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Random.4691

Do quick search through the front page, one of these threads have a video of them stating that no one just plays WvW. I’m not going to find it for you because tbh I could care less and if you want the proof you can go looking.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Mike-O-Brien-thinks-you-re-all-into-PvE

Boo that is the short one. It doesn’t even have the part when he tells her she is the exception because she only WvW.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

coglin.1867

And you have metrics to prove that there are WvW players who have never done anything in PvE, ever?

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

OMG your right :o

I load into PvE
I HAVE to farm in PvE
I do guild missions in PvE
and I clear my bags in PVE
and I que for reset in PvE

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

The OP is right .. we spend real money, we are forced too.
Transfers 1800 Gems to a T1 .. and please note that you cant buy 1800 gems you HAVE to buy 2000 gems cos they sell packs of 800 or 1200 gems ..
Thats 30 Euros! The new expansion goes for 50 Euros!!!

I remember when the ‘Wings’ came out, a TP only item, and about 60% maybe more of the BL map was wearing them. So I think we spend money on bling just the same as the rest of the game.

Don’t kid your self we keep Anet very happy with our impulse buying. I suspect if you actually saw the numbers you’d run straight back to the arms of the Korean games. They actually give you something to improve your game when you spend that kinda money!

• edit: Sorry I was just reminded that NCsoft owns Anet and they are Korean.
RAZZ
mezmebaby

(edited by Lola.4172)

in WvW

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I think A-Net knows where their money comes from. That they know the type of player most likely to buy gems; that they have metrics in place. I’m willing to believe that they know more about it than you do.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

coglin.1867

The OP is right .. we spend real money, we are forced too.
Transfers 1800 Gems to a T1 .. and please note that you cant buy 1800 gems you HAVE to buy 2000 gems cos they sell packs of 800 or 1200 gems ..
Thats 30 Euros! The new expansion goes for 50 Euros!!!

I remember when the ‘Wings’ came out, a TP only item, and about 60% maybe more of the BL map was wearing them. So I think we spend money on bling just the same as the rest of the game.

Don’t kid your self we keep Anet very happy with our impulse buying. I suspect if you actually saw the numbers you’d run straight back to the arms of the Korean games. They actually give you something to improve your game when you spend that kinda money!

• edit: Sorry I was just reminded that NCsoft owns Anet and they are Korean.

That is not what “forced” means. Every claim you made was based on a thought out choice. Disingenuously claiming your “forced” to do any of that is not helping solve whatever it is, you are taking issue with.

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Add siege skins to cash shop? xD
Don’t know how they would have to implement it though, maybe some item that you apply to your stack of siege and it changes the look this way. With some fancy sieges ppl would feel more ‘personal’ about defending as well maybe?

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Choice?

Some WvW players have the choice of staying on a dead server with little activity being wiped constantly, with no fun on the server at all! Or pay up and move to a more active server.

Some choice.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

Really wvw players don’t buy gems? Last I looked it cost 1800 gems to server transfer and whole guilds do just that for wvw. So this has to be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said. I know when SBI wanted to recruit more guilds for wvw they had a server wide farm fest to buy gems, plus people donating cash paid for gems. They recruited at least 3 guilds that I know of with upwards of 20 members per guild. I doubt the average pve player spends upwards of 1800 gems every few months to hope servers much less anything else. And this isn’t even accounting for the wvw players who buy skins with gems. You don’t make much gold in wvw so most wvw players are forced to use real money for gems.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Boo that is the short one. It doesn’t even have the part when he tells her she is the exception because she only WvW.

Well, she very likely IS an exception.
He does have the numbers after all. And it is rather unlikely that he would claim things like that without actually having the numbers to back it up.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square