You know lag is bad when....

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

You have to ask a friendly mesmer to portal you into a friendly tower, because you can’t get past the friendly player gate.

True story. Tonight. RoF.

Go ahead, add your stories.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Our group was leaving RQ when I realized Id neglected to pick up supply. I turned around heading back up the path when a ts voice says…

Uh oh youre rubber banding!

No, Im just going back for supply.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

When im starting to wonder “should i buy this expansion pack if the lag in the only gamemode i enjoy playing is probably never gonna be fixed” ?

in WvW

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

When there is so much warping it almost feels like star trek…….which is always.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

When you die but your corpse can still move for ~5 mins when the game “lost connection”, but until that time your moving corpse can follow the enemy (while laughing on TS with guildies).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Smartcat.2130

Smartcat.2130

You know your lag is bad when:
- your friend dies and their corpse still moves making it impossible to resurrect.
- You think you’ve run off the edge in EotM but you rubber band back onto solid ground and thank RNGesus profusely.
- When you’re following the commander tag for several mins via minimap and your lag catches up and the tag is in the opposite direction and you’ve been running the wrong way the entire time.
- When you use your finisher 6 times on someone in pvp and it still doesn’t kill them.

define normal…

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

When you get CC’d and swarmed with enemies hitting you but you can waypoint cos you are not in combat.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

- When your only indication of whether you are alive or dead is the word of your guildies. Insert lots of ‘Am I still alive, how bout now ….. now…. oh wait, I dced’ moments
- When you can rubber band to x place on the map and find yourself half dead to an enemy that has been auto attacking you.
- When you play ‘I am over here, no to the left no back a bit’ with your guildies who are trying to hard res your dead body that has been misplaced.
- Being hit by random attacks from out of no where when you are not even in combat,
- Dying to falling damage when you are already at the location you where trying to get to after taking a leap off a cliff that should have killed you.
- Rubber banding in and out of a fight so many times that it kills you (also up and down a cliff)

Hmm I think these are my main offenders XP

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

in WvW

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

the other day, i lagged and everyone kept running in the direction they were running in. it was like the zerg scattered and all ran into rocks. when i stopped lagging, they were at durios.

Falling off a cliff and taking the damage (and stopping running) about 2-5 seconds after.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in WvW

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

You know your connection isn’t wvw compatable when…

You engage two players after waiting for people to show up in mid and the game drops you.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in WvW

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

You know lag is bad when portals kill you. This happened about 8 months ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I discovered WvW 2 months ago, and have been in WvW every day since, offtimes and primetimes. I have never experienced any of this lag. Maybe it’s location based?

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I discovered WvW 2 months ago, and have been in WvW every day since, offtimes and primetimes. I have never experienced any of this lag. Maybe it’s location based?

If you are on Sorrow’s Furnace (going by your signature) then that would explain why you haven’t run into lag. The lag is caused by lots of players (frequently combat), something a tier 8 server doesn’t have to worry about.

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

When as a caster you are at a perfect spot, free casting , full health, and you hear your raid lead calling banner for you.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

When as a caster you are at a perfect spot, free casting , full health, and you hear your raid lead calling banner for you.

+1

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: LJ Dots.4261

LJ Dots.4261

I rarely comment here, but kitten that made me laugh. I feel your pain.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

When you see a friendly zerg run past you and fall off a cliff.

O wait, this happens without lag too. :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

You know lag is bad when….
Whent i think im being atacked by a chronomancer, woops nope.. just rubberbanding.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Sabwa.7358

Sabwa.7358

Y’know the lag is bad when…

You quickly hop on very important siege for the defense of the tower and everyone in it. No abilities activate, you toggle to leave siege and remain in siege for a few extra minutes until the servers decide you can leave, wasting a vital role in the defense of everyone’s lives.

While running back to camp for supply, you instantly die. While asking party what happened, 40 red names appear above your body.

On a suicide run to disable- swifness is up, stealth activated, you begin switching to siege disabler now…que rubberbanding back in tower.

As mesmer you successfully disengage from the zerg battle, you run to the perfect hiding spot, the keep is captured and you wait. you move camera around the corner and see no red names…then die from fall damage.