Your opinion about hackers?

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

Ive been playing since release. The main difference between hackers at release and hackers now is the degree of discretion showed. Hackers don’t hack as obviously.

It come down to a number of things hackers getting better at hacking. Hackers have legitimate concerns about their accounts and not wanting to lose them (the irony).

From a pragmatic perspective ANet care mainly about hacks (or bots in particular) that damage the economy and impact directly on their bottom line. They’re the ones they respond to quickly and efficiently.

There were a number of threads that were closed around release that discussed hacks that investigated solutions to hacks (Punk Buster etc). None of it came to any obvious conclusions and subsequently only ANet has any real idea of numbers and how successful they are at stopping them.

Remembering of course that a lot of information is handled client side and so therefore Anet are unable to directly determine if someone is hacking or not. Its a combination player video footage, player reports and as much information as possible that will get someone banned.

Make and using a thief running solo while in stealth, you tell me are they hacking? Even ANet doesn’t know.

Pretty much sum it up
Couldn’t say it better myself

As far as I know, hacker themselves avoid massive zerg, so if you run a zerg , you won’t have much chances of seeing them in action.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

(edited by KOK.2650)

in WvW

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

I’ve come across multiple thieves and necromancers now that kindof warp, And I’m not on about the wurm or death shroud.
Or even shadowstep.

But actual teleporting from point A to B then suddenly going to C and E in just a second of time.

Even though they end up dieing, I don’t understand what’s causing it. One necromancer got away with it because of it.

Maybe it’s sort of not true to call it a hack but it’s pretty odd that the lag kicks in the moment they have to flee.
I’ve managed to catch up to a bunch of them because of leaps so far but I’m seeing it increasining as of late.

Atleast, for me it happens more often as of late.
And, as the guy above me stated it’s ussually the people that avoid zerging and just flip.

If it is the case of being considered cheating I can’t but look down upon it.

I’ve had expierence with hackers from past games like Counter Strike with the Anti Cheat software catching them blatantly half of the time after reviewing the screenshots.
But, this is a whole other thing.
I’m no expert on how it works in a MMO like GW2, but saying it’s not present in the game would be wrong.
There’s not a single game out there not being plagued by cheaters or hackers.

In my opinion, it just spoil it for roamers and scouts in WvW if they cheat.
it makes it increasingly harder to catch them or deal with them.

(edited by Nhalx.9735)

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

Isle Of Janthir invading Dragonband Citadel. 02/08/14. I don’t know if they used exploits, hacks…whaterver it doesn’t matter. All I know is that we are not suppose to abuse any of these tactics to win or troll any other server. And notice the name of their Guild >.> Last week Magumma hacked so much in so many ways I can’t even tell. Unfortunatelly I couldn’t take a screenshot of the Gold Scout player who hit me by 9k bleed(1 bleed time) he was a guardian. >.>

Interesting guild tag on those guys on that pic, that says a lot how many hackers dont give a kitten because Anet wont do kitten to prevent it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry.1893

Jerry.1893

First off – BUMP!

My opinion? I think it is garbage!

What really urks me is, we see the same kitten mesmer fly hacking all over on BG and have reported it multiple times with no action from ANET. Can we get an official response on this? Why is this player allowed to exploit the game with no repercussion? It has even got so bad his own server ignores him. How has this not been addressed?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

There is one annoying exploit of down state that opponent player (mesmer 100% of the time) stays dead for a prolong period (10-15min, 1/2 hour if needed) inside keep/tower/gar near the gate or inside wall (caught glitching into wall using teleporting skill) waiting for their friends to come back to rez them then ports the whole army in. There should be a timer limit for the dead to staying inside enemy occupied tower but knowing Anet, just forget about this post. For amused purpose only.

There is a timer for dead people to kick offline after 15min of inactivity, strangely enough we, players, are able to reset that timer simply by switching gear pieces, while being DEAD, why anet hasnt done anything to avoid this, is beyond me. But that simply counts for anything that could a fix or a relook on it.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Same with gold sellers – who pop up and promptly vanish – oh and one guy I reported for a racist nametag – he disappeared in minutes never to return.

I think Anet do quite a good job on this stuff where they can.

Anet does actively ban gold sellers because they are competition for Anet. They could care less about hackers because hacking does not threaten a revenue stream.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

I really wish they would report on what they are doing about it.

There are people abusing exploits – some I know on my server, but I don’t even bother because there is no indication whether or not they are even doing anything about it.

There are people using hacks – all kinds.

There are people abusing bugs in the game to gain an advantage. There is one in particular with the Bay keep in the borderlands that people on my server are abusing.

Anyway, I really just want some kind of indication that reporting people actually does something. I recently sent a video to the exploits e-mail address about two people from a server that abused a bug to get into our citadel, which should not even be possible at all and there is no indication that anything has been done. I think if they actually responded to emails when action was taken, people would be much more vigilant in reporting exploits.

SkyChef.5432:

In the latest data-mine it was revealed that there would be new WvW based skills/trait lines and one of them involves making someone you’ve killed be forced to return to spawn.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry.1893

Jerry.1893

Still not even a peep? Dang

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Used to be able to post a picture on the match up thread and the enemy servers would deal with it internally but since the match up threads were wiped there has been a huge increase of exploiters and hackers because they know they can get away with it now…!

That’s an interesting point that the community is now in a much more difficult situation to self regulate.

Not true. You can now name and shame at the anet suggested website at www.gw2.net

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister