Your top 5 priorities for WvW-Overhaul

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

4: Balance PPT/PPK. Or more Accurately put, dealing with Capping during gaps in Coverage, and being Outmanned.

This would require a massive overhaul in how PPT worked, but I think it would do wonders for the game.

4-A Borderland PPT. Each Team, on their own Borderland, would get 5 PPT for any Camp They Controlled, 10 for Towers, 20 for Keeps.

On an Enemy’s Borderland, they would get 1PPT per Camp for each Active Defender on that Borderland. , 2 for a Tower, and 3 for a Keep. (Note: You can only be a Defender on your OWN borderland) up to a max of 20 Defenders Counted (IE: Max Gain for a Camp would be 20 PPT, if there were 20 Active Defenders On the Borderland) this number would be Divided by the Number of Invaders on that Borderland that Controlled said Camp/Tower/Keep.

IE: (Point Value* Defenders (max 20)) * (Defenders / Controlling Invader)

Note, every Borderland would have by Default 1 Active Player counted at all times. So, no one could get Zero Points. IE: If no one was on the Borderland, it would sill count as if there was 1 Active Player from all Sides.

To explain that: If Red owned one of Greens Keeps, they would get 3PPT per Active Green Player on Greens Borderland, Divided by the Number of Active Red players on Greens Borderland.

IE: Red Owns Greens Keep, Green has Default 1 Active Player, on the Borderland (No one), but Red, has 4 Active Invaders on the map. 3*(1/4) is what they would get for the keep, put another way, 3*.25 = 0.75 PPT.

Using another Example.

Red owns a Camp on Greens BL. There are 10 Active Green Defenders, and 2 Active Red Invaders. That camp is worth 10 (1PPT per Defender) *(10/2) = 5. Now that camp is worth 5 PPT to the Red Team, but they are also 2 people defending against 10 Defenders, it stands to reason that camp is not going to last long.

One more analogy to understand the Math a Bit More.

Green Owns Red’s Camp. There are 5 Red Defenders, and 1 Green Invader
Blue Owns Red’s Keep. There are the same 5 Red Defenders, but there are 12 Blue Invaders.

Camp = 1 PPT / Per Defender, Total Base 5
Keep = 3PPT/Per Defender, Total Base 15

Green gets 5*(5/1) = 25. So that Camp is worth 25 PPT to the Green Team
Blue gets 15*(5/12) = 6.25. So that Tower is worth 6.25 PPT to the Blue Team.

That means that the Camp to Green is worth 4 times what the Keep is worth to Blue. This means the game changes from sheer capped points to playing a game of strategic capping.

This would eliminate the whole problem of winning through coverage gaps, or winning by sheer volume of players. Which is really the main problem with PPT, is how it can be exploited, and doing this would close that loophole in the PPT problem we have right now, especially with the low and mid population server, that simply don’t have the coverage.

4-B Eternal Battlegrounds.

The Battle grounds are divided up by 3 sections and Stone Mist castle. This creates a very special situation.

To do this, Each Team would have Declared “Home Lands” that would provide them a Flat PPT if they Control it, exactly like their own Borderland. This would include their 20 for their, Keep, 10 for their 4 Towers, and 5 for their 2 Camps.

If they took another Teams Homeland, it would function as if they entered their Borderland. IE: (Value) * (Defender/Controlling Invader).

IE: If Green took Blues Keep. They would get (Keep*Active) * (Defenders/Controlling Invader) in this, Red’s active players do not come into play.

So, the Same Keep could be worth a lot More to one team over another.

For Example, if there are 20 Red, 27 Blue, and 7 Green.

Blues Keep is Worth 81 PPT to Red but worth 231 PPT to Green.

The Keep is only worth so much, because of the 27 Active Blue Players on the map, giving the Keep a value of 3PPT* Active Blue, Max 20. So only 20 of the 27 Players are counted, but the Keep is still worth 60PPT Base.

In Contrast, Geens’s Points are not Worth as Much, since there are only 7 active players, their Keeps base is a Paltry 21 PPT.

And Since they are vastly outnumbered, Greens Keep is only worth 7.3 PPT to Red, and 5.4 PPT to Blue.

It works pretty much the same as if you tied to take a Borderland, just in a smaller scale, but we can see how smart play, over simply brute force and capping can win the day with this kind of system.

Moving on.

The Mack Daddy – Stone Mist!

Stonemist, would and should be a prize. As Such Stonemist would Net a flat 100 PPT * (Both Active Teams/Controller)

IE: If there were 20 Blue Players, 35 Red Players, 40 Green players, and Green owned Stonemist.

100 * ((20+35)/40) = 137 PPT.

Now Imagine, if Blue Flips it.

100 * ((35+40)/20) = 375 PPT.

This idea would remove the sting of Night Capping, or Coverage Gaps, as well as the whole issue of getting rolled by a larger servers. It would reward smart play vs what we have now.

Now, Notice I have said Active Players this needs to be a way to distinguish between active and just on the map. Which happens, IE: What about the people there for crafting or banking, or whatever.

Any player with the “invulnerable” buff you get for being in the “Safe Area” would NOT be counted as Active.

I believe that PPK should be 1PPK, unless the outmanned buff is up, and then it’s 0 PPK to kill an Outmanned Opponent, but they get 2PPK for killing someone with an Outmanned buff on.

Simple enough with that.

5: The Making of Guild Alliance.

Ok that sounds a lot more dramatic then it is, in reality, all I am doing is basically asking players to pick their WvW Server after they started playing the game, as opposed to needing to pick the server when they walk in the door.

As I see it, there would be 10 Established “Alliances” which would be, loosely what Servers as we know them today that Guilds Could Join. I believe Naming them after Famous People would be Ideal, like the ‘Old Roar’ Alliance

Anyway, not to get wrapped up in names. Moving on to the Important part.

There would be 10 Public Alliances. Any Guild of Any Size, Could join a Public Alliance, with no limit to the number of Guilds that could join them.

However, guilds would change a Bit. Guilds would need to be flagged for WvW to Join an Alliance.

To Stop everyone and their Brother from joining Alliances and just making a mess, Each Guild, would only be given 1 Free Flag, this could be used to Flag the Guild for PvE, PvP, or WvW. Additional Flags would be 1000 Gems each. Payable by the guild, individual Members could donate up to 10 gems to help pay for it. Yes, the design here is for a guild that does not do much WvW to not get involved in it, and allow WvW centric Guilds to be just that, WvW Centric.

Once a Guild Joins an Alliance, All its members become a part of that Alliance, if a Guidl Changes it’s Alliance, all its members move with the change. No longer would a guild have members staying behind in old servers and what have you. If the Guild moves, everyone moves with it.

Each Guild could Join One Alliance for Free. Any Transfers after that would cost 1000 Gems, each member could donate up to 50 Gems to fund the move, leaving the GL to pick up the rest of the tab. This is designed so that either the Guild Leader foots the Bill, or they have the backing of at least several members to make the move. But, no one would get left behind. The Guild Moves, the entire guild moves.

Now this is a much smaller cost then what we have now, with around 500 gems per person in the guild. This is 1000 gems and everyone moves, if you had 10 members that saving 4000 Gems, if you had 100 members that’s 49000 Gems. It’s a huge saving, and it would remove any issues with who did and did not stay.

Now, there would be a trick here, to prevent (or at least lessen) spying, an account could only be in 1 WvW Flagged Guild. That way, you don’t have players being a part of several alliances at once. You pick your Team, and you stick with it, if you don’t like the team, you leave it and join another, you don’t play on two teams.

Players could not Rep a Guild that was not Flagged for what they were doing. IE: If they are in PvE, they could not rep a Guild that did not have a PvE Flag, if they were in SPvP same applies, the guild would need to be flagged for it.

Guilds that required 100% Rep would need to pay for the Extra Flags, this could be another way for Guilds to Enforce their 100% rep policy, by having that WvW Flag. When a player enters WvW, they would auto-rep their WvW Guild.

A player could be part of more than one PvE guild or PvP guild. Only WvW would have the 1 guild limitation, so if players had a social guild, they could flag for PvE or PvP and keep their social guild.

What about, wanting to run with friends. Well, much like today, if you are not on the same server, you could not run with them, if you are on the same server, you can run with them, if you want a social guild to link you all together, flag it for PvE or PvP and it becomes a cozy Chat Channel.

If a player was not in a Guild, they would become tagless, and only be allowed to go to EotM, if they wanted to WvW. There they could find a WvW Centric Guild, or even find one in PvE content, since players can advertise their guilds, even if they are not repping that guild.

The idea here is simple, it’s guild wars, allow guilds to control who they want to war with.

Now, Guilds could also buy a Private Alliance. It would require 5 Guild leaders, of WvW Flagged Guilds to apply for the Alliance, and then they would vote on anyone that wants to join it. 50%+ required to be accepted.

Simple enough.

Private Alliances could Challenge other Private Alliances, it does not mean they will fight, only that they have a much higher chance to fight. IF a T1 Alliance challenges a T8 alliance, there is a better then good chance, that fight is never gonna happen. If a T7 alliance challenges a T6 alliance, they would have around a 75% greater chance to matched up.

Again,. Simple enough.

I think this would really, change and improve the Landscape for WvW for everyone.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

in WvW

Posted by: Morde.3158

Morde.3158

Even though ebg is for casuals that air strike thing is kinda OP. Bring back old bls do something else with the new desert bl map just dont take it out, make it like eotm or something. Different match ups each week or something like eotm everyone who is the same color for the week gets to play together. Increase acended weapon and armor boxes I get like 1 acended drop every 1k ranks lol. Increase supply cost for siege get tired of siege wars 2 lol. Bloodlust nodes was fun balance out the buff that it gives though deffensive buffs no snowbally stuff like 50-100 extra power. Just deffensive buffs like vitality healing power and I guess something like movespeed.

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

There are many brilliant ideas here by tons of people, I’m sure Anet will use their head well. I just want old Alpine borders back, with the quaggans..most of the people here do. I’d rather log off or do PvE than to think about how to kill the Hills (Palace ?!?) boss, or remember how to go there at the first place, the thought of it put many people off. Wth is a rampart ? Make it garrison..lol.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by demetrodon.1457)

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

Make proof of heroics account bound.

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

in WvW

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

If they add new legendary backpack in WvW mode, what if it will change form when you commander tag up and color depend on commander tag?

For me the worst situation is if enemy hold and bunker your spawn keep in eb and garrison in homebl. So I would suggest: can’t harden siege in spawn keeps of enemies that you took control of and second rule: outer walls and gets are permanently broken in spawn keeps of enemies if you took control of it.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Hi all,

This is a great thread. It’s constructive. We’re all reading it and referring to it in team discussions.

As we said in the AMA, our top internal priorities have been population balance and rewards. From this thread, your top five priorities are, in order:
1. Stability & skill balance
2. Fix or revert DBL
3. Rewards
4. Population balance
5. Scoring

Yes, we will take the feedback and make stability, general skill balance, and fixing/reverting DBL our top priorities. We’re not currently working on scoring and that has to be a longer-term project.

Karl is working specifically on WvW-focused skill balance. He’s looking for the wins for WvW that don’t screw the rest of the game.

We’re investigating whether to fix or revert DBL. They’re both a lot of work. These next couple days will be your last chance to give feedback before we make a decision, so speak now or forever hold your peace.

I want to reiterate that everything we work on either ships in April or starts beta-testing on Live servers in April. We’re locking down dev work for the April release soon — next up is localization, QA, integration and regression testing — but we’ll extend the deadline for WvW skill balance.

There is one thing that doesn’t need to get wrapped up into the April release: Friday night resets. That doesn’t require a Live build. We’ll do it.

Mo

Any chance of an update on which direction the team is being given to move forward on?

Thanks for your time!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: JCKinz.2305

JCKinz.2305

If there were only 5
1) Maps
a) Go back to old maps or
b) Rework new to make smaller or add more Waypoints. Keep WPs for Keep owner.

2) Reintroduce Map Completion (Gifts of Exploration) this is a necessary pipeline to bring new players to WVW experience.
a) It can be hard for those on small servers to get full map points in a reasonable time. it could be done on number of captures. Example 10 camps, 8 towers, 2 keeps, maybe 1 SM. That could be achieved in few days even on an unpopulated server.
3) Remove Auto Upgrade.
a) Make upgrades for camp free but timed interval.
b) Reduced cost for upgrades based on yaks in system and timer interval but someone must fire them off and it must cost something. This promotes some level of ownership for keeps towers etc.
4) Reward chests for wvw events. Defend, filp npc ,etc.. scale with level of difficulty defender sm keep tower npc flip it should include currency silver gold etc..

5) Lord /supervisor drops. Much higher rate of siege drops including all superior siege. Tagging can be cost prohibitive for small guilds and groups. Do away with fragment drops or make them convertible to siege.
6) Add HOT Exp track, not everyone wants to endlessly farm the new areas for exp.
a) Make HOT mastery points an extremely rare drop from lords. This way the WVW only players don’t feel they must run Pve content.
7) Gliders. Who knows it might entice those who haven’t bought the expansion to do so if they see all their guildies flying around.
8) Balance builds, why spend all the time for great gear if it does nothing to help with endless condition damage.
9) WVW specific events advertised in open world. With special rewards like chance to purchase Chest keys, 20 slot bags, finishers with event tokens

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

2) Reintroduce Map Completion (Gifts of Exploration) this is a necessary pipeline to bring new players to WVW experience.

^this^

I was actually disappointed to see it removed; it was a sure-fire way to get everyone to have to at least “stop in” WvW. Perfect time to “hook line and sinker”!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Doc Bones Mccoy.7194

Doc Bones Mccoy.7194

• Consider a return / rotation of the Alpine Maps. As mentioned in a previous post, people only queue up for EB and don’t even bother going into the current Desert(ed) borderland maps. Some would rather not play at all than play the BL maps.
  • Bring back the old stability system. CCs are too over-powering even with some stab skills.
  • Encourage battles and fights. Less choke points.
  • Do away with the gimmicks. Re-think those banners.
  • Reward big guilds, but don’t punish smaller guilds. (guild upgrades)
  • Take the crafting stations out of the BLs. Or at least don’t let the people crafting count against the population limit. (prob easier to remove / relocate the stations. Put them in Obsidian Sanctum…get ganked while crafting.)

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

^this^

I was actually disappointed to see it removed; it was a sure-fire way to get everyone to have to at least “stop in” WvW. Perfect time to “hook line and sinker”!

This was a difficult one for me as I have PvE toons (who do world completion) and WvW toons (who only WvW). My PvE toons are all permadeath so this part of the world exploration was really scary as it was the most likely place I’d die (other than falling to my death by accident), you had to pick your time and hope the enemy didn’t show up when distracted by the skill achievements. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

wow walls of text are sad when they are redundant or not helpful in any way.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Yes but until WvW map completion was in the game whole forum was filled with PvE players complaining about it. And if Anet is to listen complains in the forum (reset time, BL maps), they can not possibly put it back.

I am not denying I got into WvW because of map completion. I had no interest and no knowledge about WvW and was just trying to get my 100% map. I was hooked. But I still think forcing PvE players into WvW is bad idea, same way like forcing WvW guilds grind guild upgrades in HoT maps is terible idea.

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

1) Flatten Desert BL and remove all the chokepoints. Make the keeps and towers smaller. I want a Desert BL, not a Canyon BL.
2) Rotate Desert and Alpine BL’s weekly.

Yes! This! Just yes!

My priorities:
1) Bring back Alpine. Preferably full-time. If you must, then rotate with the new BL, but only if vertical jumping buzzley nonsense is removed from it and castle sized are reduced.
2) Revert stability changes, making smallish guild group zerg-busters possible again.
3) More frequent Tournaments, but not simple like the latest one – more like Spring 2014.
4) It’d be nice if rewards were better, but imo that was never the point of WvW.
5) Return of the Alpine BL.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: smily.6032

smily.6032

2. Fix or revert DBL
3. PvE shouldn’t be part of WvW – It’s all about zerg vs zerg, group vs group or player vs player!
4. Population balance
5. Considering to invest in WvW rewards to get helpful stuff like equipment etc.
e.g. in pvp where you can test alot with less effort. I hate it to farm PvE in order to be able to test builds or anything else in wvw…. I am focused on WvW and GvG nothing more nothing less.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and work together with the community!

Cheers,
Smily

in WvW

STIHL.2489

^this^

Link it to the New Legendary Armor!

Put in a Gift of The Borderlands for completing all 3 Borderland maps, and a Gift of the Invader for completing EB, and make them a required part of the collection to complete Legendary Armor.

I think that would revive WvW a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

The reason i chosed guild wars 2 instead of others game like, dunno, final fantasy XIV or even Tera, was because of the wvw combat. So first of all, i like the big groups combat with siege and defence of castles.

So what i’m asking:
1) Unfortunately, new borderlands don’t promote anything of the things above. Maps are too empty, too big and with too many choke for big combats, and the “castles” are bad designed, they are confusing and doesnt help any defence action. If i was an engineer that had to design a fortress, i would never make it like the ones we have in desert borderlands, there’s not any tactical advantage,

2)I really would like stability to be back in his old state, i feel guild wars has lost so so so many players cuz of that change. I think the first thing developer should watch at in wvw is not the balance, but the fun. Stability was the thing bringing the fun, since you could crash your enemies with a low number avoc, and be able to dive on blobs.
That was the most funny experience i had in guild wars 2.

3) Delete any condi dmg based trinket/armor from wvw (dire, viper, sinister, etc..), since i feel condi doesnt fit good in large fight scale, you already have to watch out from the dmg/healing/cc/ranged attacks from very high numbers of enemies, if you have to even watch on your condi bar, you wont be able to focus properly on the big fights or movement. Also i think condition dmg is broken in balance of the pvp, but lets leave pvp problems to pvp. As i said, wvw should be focused on fun, and condition damage doesnt promote the fun, it promotes competition in pvp (maybe, i not agree but seems people likes hit 2-3 times with condi then kite/stealth all the time and focus on survive) but really it has no place in wvw or big groups environment.

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Yes but until WvW map completion was in the game whole forum was filled with PvE players complaining about it. And if Anet is to listen complains in the forum (reset time, BL maps), they can not possibly put it back.

I am not denying I got into WvW because of map completion. I had no interest and no knowledge about WvW and was just trying to get my 100% map. I was hooked. But I still think forcing PvE players into WvW is bad idea, same way like forcing WvW guilds grind guild upgrades in HoT maps is terible idea.

I can understand your post, but, they don’t have to “stay” in WvW; just “come check it out”

Maybe they could lighten it up a little bit and just make it EB (since BL’s, even the old ones, could be too daunting for a new player, even more so when you consider each server is supposed to own their own BL – so just make it so that they do have to go to the BL, like N camp POI only).

If at the end you don’t like it, they don’t have to stay

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

^this^

Put in a Gift of The Borderlands for completing all 3 Borderland maps, and a Gift of the Invader for completing EB, and make them a required part of the collection to complete Legendary Armor.

This will just put people in wvw who don’t want to be there and it generates animosity toward the developers and the game.

As is, “play for free” players are not converting to “paid” players, so we don’t need more reasons for people to keep their wallets closed.

There are lots of rifts in this game and players are getting fed up with a lot of stuff, so let’s not encourage even more.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Grimneo.4158

Grimneo.4158

My top 5
2. Get rid of DBL and bring back Alpine BL
3. Population balance
4. Rewards
5. Scoring

(edited by Grimneo.4158)

in WvW

STIHL.2489

^this^

This will just put people in wvw who don’t want to be there and it generates animosity toward the developers and the game.

As is, “play for free” players are not converting to “paid” players, so we don’t need more reasons for people to keep their wallets closed.

There are lots of rifts in this game and players are getting fed up with a lot of stuff, so let’s not encourage even more.

Not an issue with paid players, since it would be for Legendary Armor, they would need to be paid players, as Raids are part of HoT Expansion.

Everything else is totally unfounded, Since it’s enticement is purely for the Legendary Armor, we have already purged the Casuals, by putting the raid up as a requirement, we are left only with skilled players that like a challenge.

Since They were ambivalent to the plight of the casuals to need to up their game to face the content, why should they expect to be pandered to in the face of this new challenge, you would think they would be excited for the chance to work towards such a goal with such opportunity to up their own game.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I can understand your post, but, they don’t have to “stay” in WvW; just “come check it out”

Maybe they could lighten it up a little bit and just make it EB (since BL’s, even the old ones, could be too daunting for a new player, even more so when you consider each server is supposed to own their own BL – so just make it so that they do have to go to the BL, like N camp POI only).

If at the end you don’t like it, they don’t have to stay

It was not really very well thought through as it required team colors to change each week so you get at least chance to gather up map points from the keep your server owns in EB. There are matches where nothing changes for literally months, and that means you could be waiting for 3 months just to get that green keep poi in EB.

Camps are fine, you can even solo those, or at least get the pois without big zerg. But the keeps, the vistas in those… Adding these back will be making many players really upset. I am not sure if WvW really needs bunch of upset people who really dont want to even be there.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

^this^

Not an issue with paid players, since it would be for Legendary Armor, they would need to be paid players, as Raids are part of HoT Expansion.

Everything else is totally unfounded, Since it’s enticement is purely for the Legendary Armor, we have already purged the Casuals, by putting the raid up as a requirement, we are left only with skilled players that like a challenge.

Since They were ambivalent to the plight of the casuals to need to up their game to face the content, why should they expect to be pandered to in the face of this new challenge, you would think they would be excited for the chance to work towards such a goal with such opportunity to up their own game.

You have to look at the bigger picture here.

If players wanted to be in wvw they would, legendary armor component hook will do nothing positive. Raid populations are not even big enough to make any difference here.

WvW needs its own set of rewards and personal progress, not gimmicks to force in players from a different game mode.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

^this^

Maybe instead of including wvw in the legendary armor grind they should just give wvw its own set of legendary armor that is a different skin.

That way it could be achieved in either game mode but if PvE players want to unlock the skin for their fashion achievement (or whatever the hell it is they care about) they will have to play wvw

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I prefer the new maps. I sadface at the prospect of the old borders with none of the people who cried and cried and cried in this forum actually playing on them.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Ferguson.4510

Ferguson.4510

Hi all,

This is a great thread. It’s constructive. We’re all reading it and referring to it in team discussions.

As we said in the AMA, our top internal priorities have been population balance and rewards. From this thread, your top five priorities are, in order:
2. Fix or revert DBL
3. Rewards
4. Population balance
5. Scoring

Yes, we will take the feedback and make stability, general skill balance, and fixing/reverting DBL our top priorities. We’re not currently working on scoring and that has to be a longer-term project.

Karl is working specifically on WvW-focused skill balance. He’s looking for the wins for WvW that don’t screw the rest of the game.

We’re investigating whether to fix or revert DBL. They’re both a lot of work. These next couple days will be your last chance to give feedback before we make a decision, so speak now or forever hold your peace.

I want to reiterate that everything we work on either ships in April or starts beta-testing on Live servers in April. We’re locking down dev work for the April release soon — next up is localization, QA, integration and regression testing — but we’ll extend the deadline for WvW skill balance.

There is one thing that doesn’t need to get wrapped up into the April release: Friday night resets. That doesn’t require a Live build. We’ll do it.

Mo

1. I dont mind that.
2. Please2 revert the map plus new castle.
3. Not my thing either but its a good motivation
4. Please dont. I love the 1 VS X . If i won in a zerg. enormous.
5. I dont get it. But yeah sure.

in WvW

STIHL.2489

^this^

You have to look at the bigger picture here.

If players wanted to be in wvw they would, legendary armor component hook will do nothing positive. Raid populations are not even big enough to make any difference here.

WvW needs its own set of rewards and personal progress, not gimmicks to force in players from a different game mode.

In the other topic, IIRC, you were fine with throwing Casual players to the curb, spouting that they should rise up to the challenge and have to play in a mode they may not like, what suddenly changed your mind about requiring players to rise up to meet new challenges and game modes?

(edited by STIHL.2489)

in WvW

STIHL.2489

^this^

Maybe instead of including wvw in the legendary armor grind they should just give wvw its own set of legendary armor that is a different skin.

That way it could be achieved in either game mode but if PvE players want to unlock the skin for their fashion achievement (or whatever the hell it is they care about) they will have to play wvw

I already discussed an advanced Armor/Weapons skin table for WvW in my above post.

Building a Better WvW

Now think about this, In the current case with the Legendary Armor, Anet pretty much set the ideal stage for including WvW into this Armor Set, since they made it so that any player even thinking about doing this is first required to complete the Raid just to unlock the collection (and both raids just to complete it). That makes it the perfect gateway to move those players into WvW, since The Raid functions as a sieve blocking any Free2Play player and all but the most determined casual, unlike before where anyone that wanted Map Completion, either for title, or legendary, or just the fun of it, had to deal with WvW. That was design flaw, it drew everyone in, thus the problem was caused by too diverse a demographic.

With Legendary Armor that design flaw has been corrected, and it’s the perfect time to return the WvW requirement, as it would only apply to already self proclaimed “Hardcore” players seeking challenge, or the very determined casual player.

Both of which are exactly the kind of player we want to be… enticed into WvW and could in effect ideally contribute.

Since is would also be a much smaller group, it would not affect the majority of the game, the Raid Standard, This is the most opportune moment with the Legendary Armor Collection to return the WvW Requirement for completing a legendary again.

You can’t deny that.

And since the First Tier is already established, It would need to be applied to the Second, maybe Third Tier of the collection this would remove all but the determined players, and those people, well, they are exactly what WvW needs.

(edited by STIHL.2489)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

^this^

I already discussed an advanced Armor/Weapons skin table for WvW in my above post.

Building a Better WvW

Now think about this, In the current case with the Legendary Armor, Anet pretty much set the ideal stage for including WvW into this Armor Set, since they made it so that any player even thinking about doing this is first required to complete the Raid just to unlock the collection (and both raids just to complete it). That makes it the perfect gateway to move those players into WvW, since The Raid functions as a sieve blocking any Free2Play player and all but the most determined casual, unlike before where anyone that wanted Map Completion, either for title, or legendary, or just the fun of it, had to deal with WvW. That was design flaw, it drew everyone in, thus the problem was caused by too diverse a demographic.

With Legendary Armor that design flaw has been corrected, and it’s the perfect time to return the WvW requirement, as it would only apply to already self proclaimed “Hardcore” players seeking challenge, or the very determined casual player.

Both of which are exactly the kind of player we want to be… enticed into WvW and could in effect ideally contribute.

Since is would also be a much smaller group, it would not affect the majority of the game, the Raid Standard, This is the most opportune moment with the Legendary Armor Collection to return the WvW Requirement for completing a legendary again.

You can’t deny that.

And since the First Tier is already established, It would need to be applied to the Second, maybe Third Tier of the collection this would remove all but the determined players, and those people, well, they are exactly what WvW needs.

Forcing a requirement like that is not “enticement”.

We want to build communities the right way, and it’s not like this.

And no, I don’t agree with the cross over decisions anet has made. PvPers have been 2nd class citizens of the game and that’s what needs to change first.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

STIHL.2489

^this^

Building a Better WvW

You can’t deny that.

Forcing people to do a Raid is not “enticement” either, but you are all for Anet doing just that. So why the sudden change of heart?

in WvW

Swagger.1459

^this^

Building a Better WvW

You can’t deny that.

Forcing people to do a Raid is not “enticement” either, but you are all for Anet doing just that. So why the sudden change of heart?

No I’m not and I’ve never said that.

I’m all for rewarding equally across the game, but anet won’t do that, so I provided suggestions to fill reward gaps in wvw by adding in ascended and some new legendary runes and sigils and infusions and trinkets.

I’m all for inclusive and challenging raids through difficulty settings, because it seems an option that anet would be more willing to do instead so all skill levels can do the content, experience the story first hand and be rewarded.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Pic: Map completion, anyone?
But honestly; I never had bigger trouble to complete wvw maps (I think 5 of my chars have it) Never took me months (except for the first time because “Wvw players were oh so mean and stuff!! And you have to be a certain colour and stuff”). When I actually tried it I ran with some guild raids who might not have been that amused that I was following them, but hey they went the direction I needed a POI.

Anyway; On the one hand I’m really glad that the endless discussion about “Have to be colour x” and “Nasty wvw players” has finally stopped – I’m also pretty happy that I don’t have to let invaders pass because they might be PvE players. And well that no PvE player complains that we haven’t capped T3 SM already as they need the vista. But on the other hand not getting anything for wvw map completion is pretty sad – not even being able to see what is missing might be even sadder.

I’d favour: Give siege and badges for map completion and yes, invent something new that can only be earned by doing some wvw stuff. Problem is: It has to be that cool that people give wvw a shot but not that cool that pve players are outraged and demand it for free again.

Attachments:

in WvW

STIHL.2489

^this^

Building a Better WvW

You can’t deny that.

I’m all for rewarding equally across the game, but anet won’t do that, so I provided suggestions to fill reward gaps in wvw by adding in ascended and some new legendary runes and sigils and infusions and trinkets.

I’m all for inclusive and challenging raids through difficulty settings, because it seems an option that anet would be more willing to do instead so all skill levels can do the content, experience the story first hand and be rewarded.

My bad. I did not recall correctly your stance. my Apologies.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

^this^

Building a Better WvW

You can’t deny that.

My bad. I did not recall correctly your stance. my Apologies.

It’s no problem, there are too many posts to keep track of.

We all have the same goal of trying to build up the pvp community, so we have to keep sharing our ideas to find things that stick and help keep pvp alive for the long run.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Forcing people into a pvp zone that isn’t even on the actual map was a dumb decision on every possible level (unless you like ganking people who are trying to explore rather than fight), and removing map completion was one of the best things Anet ever did.

in WvW

Posted by: mikefmc.5961

mikefmc.5961

Changes I would think would boost wvw play to its former glory.

*Reverting Stab changes
*Bringing Back Alpine Borderlands.
*Rolling back to get rid of autoupgrades.
*Free transfers to get people settled with friends/guildies that have moved since their absence.
(this would also settle the people that complain about the population inbalance.)
((being that they would be able to choose their location.))
*A SEASON EVENT jesus this was so much fun.
*You guys reaching to wvw guilds for ideas and changes.
*Something to work for. I for one have put a lot of effort into wvw and the only item i have to show from it is a mistforged weapon.
acknowledge us senpai.
*Future borderlands changes should consider that the main objective of being in wvw is the roaming, open field fights, inpromtu gvgs.
NOT pve.
*Changes to Siege. (this one is tough to sort out because i dont think they are completely without merit)
*Bringing the old waypoint system back.

will add future thoughts here

Baqir | Maguuma

(edited by mikefmc.5961)

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Already got a big thread for this stuff and a developer post stating roughly what they’re working on (some of which you’re asking for).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Your-top-5-priorities-for-WvW-Overhaul/page/6#post6044178

Edit: This comment is very out of place now that it’s been merged!

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

(edited by psizone.8437)

in WvW

Posted by: WarHawk.1892

WarHawk.1892

1-Add a small Weekly Reward System for X-amount of Participation
This could easily work off the same system as the old tournaments or you could do something new. Essentially you could have a repeatable weekly achievement system (Like Dungeon Master). Did you capture 5 Keeps this week?~Here’s 5 gold. Did you capture Stonemist 3x this week?~Here’s 5 gold. This is very generic but the time involved in either activity easily warrants a few gold at the end of the week. Especially compared to Fractal farming in a mere hour, PvE event chain maps, and a host of past income sources like dungeons. The rewards for playing WvW in this game have always been meager, even after tournaments compared to all other game-types. This should help bring in more players to the game type and would please some old veterans account $$$ for all it costs to defend locations to expand those small % bonuses the thankless PvE players get for our work.

2-Add in Kill Tally Leaderboards for Guilds on each Server per week
This guild killed 4000 players this week guild2 killed 2480 players this week. It could just be a top 5 per server counting only specific guild-repping players. This would spark more competition at all tiers.

3-Add a Guild Name Change Contract to the Trade Post for like 5000+gems
You’re going to ask why… Well, World vs World guilds occasionally merge together in order to increase group numbers. In the past this meant making a 3rd guild with a new name that both agreed on quite often. Guild Halls complicate that now, but with a contract you could rename the more ‘complete’ guild’s Hall saving hassle and promoting more cooperation on a server again. Not to mention an old guild just wanting to rename itself when 90% of the roster is completely different people.

4-Unique Guild Hall Decoration/Bonus
Make it something cool that you can spend those excess WvW-Skillpoints on. Maybe even add small 5% buffs for just your guild if people put in 5000 rank points. You know, those things we can’t do anything with after maxing the WvW skill tree.

5-Remove the large amount of PvE gimmicks around each map
Oh that guy rallied off a lizard, great… If it isn’t event based (I don’t love those either), then just make it a white creature.

Commander Pintsize
YouTube
No Fear is Folly; Persevering over Fear is Couragous

(edited by WarHawk.1892)

in WvW

Posted by: Eiffel.8937

Eiffel.8937

please change T1 Upgrade to only need 10 dolyaks
to escort 20 dolyaks is really time consuming and boring for guild missions
especially when you have more capture and hold missions which you have todo one after another

in WvW

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

Stability and skill balance: revert to old stab for WvW, wouldn’t mind the way it is now for Spvp. Skill Balance, Elite specs need balanced, base class does not.

Fix or Revert DBL: Revert it until you majorly overhaul the DBL. DBL too large, useless areas(Northwest and Northeast PvE areas), too much unplayable paths/bridges/canyons, too much chokes, weird keep pathing to reach the lord room, feels not as open as Hills or Bay felt(Keeps),Northern towers = useless, Oasis area useless now.

Rewards: This should not be #3, Population Balance should be #3. I’l describe rewards with pop balance section.(its tied together)

Population Balance: Reduce servers without reducing servers. AKA – keep old servers for PvE, Make new set of faction like servers specifically for WvW, every one repicks their “faction server”. You dont have to repick if you dont play WvW. Seeing as tiers 5-8 are dead, do 4 Tiers for NA, 3 servers per tier. Reward part comes in for this because, currently we get world bonuses for PvE maps, so now instead you’d get new rewards for your “faction server” like dolyak speed increase for getting certain score points for your server, or increase of rare armor/weps for reaching for example 100k points, or even if you reach 350k points for the week you get a chance for an ascended wep/armor piece. You get it, something along those lines, use your imagination.

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

in WvW

Posted by: Fox.5619

Fox.5619

1. Alpine Borderlands. Either switch back to them or put them on a rotation. A good portion of the desert borderlands I spend saying, “Going to point B. Get out a book, because that will take ten minutes, and there’s really nothing interesting between here and there.” There are a number of things I like about Alpine Borderlands, but the size factor and color palette are foremost in thought.

2. Anything else would be icing on the cake. Increasing rewards or adding things to the WvW token vendors could be nice.

in WvW

Posted by: darthfern.1375

darthfern.1375

Hey! My top 5 priorities for wvw are:

1) Fixing or rotating with alpine (but not removing) the new Borderlands
2) Population balance
3) Rewards
4) Stability
5) Gliding

Thanks for all you do!

in WvW

Posted by: foarequiem.9013

foarequiem.9013

Hey !
Sorry for my english …

I approuve this changement but i would like if you think at faction for mcm , we keep the language comunity with example : 5 server french so create 2 factions french , this faction equilibrate the population fr and we keep the community french .

If you create x factions in this system , i think the update will be awesome :p

in WvW

Posted by: Ahratan.1098

Ahratan.1098

Boring mechanics and Stability
There are too many skills in the game which are frankly zero fun to be on the wrong end of. Knockdowns, knockbacks, stuns, etc. And there’s only two remedies, stunbreakers and stability: the former is usually a one-off with a long cd and the latter is not easily available to everyone.

So you see the problem: lots of boring effects and no good way of stopping them.

Then HOT came along and added a ton more of these boring effects. And also stability got nerfed.

You see how the problem got worse.

If you’re going to have so many boring control effects, stability needs to be widely available. On loads of abilities, on runes, in new WvW skills, everywhere.

Getting enough people to form a zerg
I used to enjoy roaming around in WvW during downtime, doing some gathering and grabbing small objectives. I could also fight 1v1 and feel I had a reasonable chance. It killed a bit of time while waiting for the zerg to start. And, because lots of people did it, it meant that when a commander tagged up, there were lots of people dotted around who would join him.

But in the HOT power creep, if you’re specced for it, its very easy to stunlock and nuke someone to death in about 2 seconds. So its super boring to leave your keep, because if you encounter someone there’s no feeling that you have any chance of winning in 1v1, because you either have an overpowered gank spec or you don’t. Also there’s less need to leave your keep, because the gatherables are inside.

So now you just go from keep to tower grabbing all the gatherables, trying hard to avoid the enemy like a coward, then you get bored and leave. Then a commander tags up and can’t find a group, because there’s noone around.

So the commander tags down. Then a new person joins the map, doesn’t see a commander to join, doesn’t have any reason to roam because there’s no gatherables, doesn’t want to roam because of power creep, so there’s nothing to do so he leaves. And that is why its hard to get anything started in WvW now – at least for me and my friends. There’s no reason or desire to stick around anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

1) Change stab again its worse than before.
2) Remove all gimmick lever pve nonsense I call it (Airship cloaking waters Chill thingy banners etc…
3) Fix the fact that attacking a tower is way easier then defending. You basically cant stand anywhere on the walls and not be aoed to death. You cant place siege anywhere that it can attack the attackers and not be insta destroyed with aoe. DBL towers have half a dozen walls the attackers can take down compared to 1 or 2 on eb tower.
4) Bring back alpine map the new desert map simply isnt working and is so laggy with more than a handful of people on it I just stay in eb.
5) Rewards for wvw are still awful compared to every other game mode. Needs autoloot. More choices of gear for badges. Make a way to get legendaries in wvw without ever having to do pve dungeons map completion nonsense.
6) When you die you waypoint period.
7) Reset night on friday always and at 8pm est.
8) Server balancing merging whatever bottom tier servers are dead.
9) Elite spec scrolls account bound.
10) Let guilds rank up in wvw by doing wvw stuff or let wvw drop all the things needed for guild upgrades.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

2-B: WvW Contribution Rewards.

There is should a reward for how well you placed at the end of any given week.

1st Place – Reward Box (Bronze/Silver/Gold)
2nd Place – Reward Box (Bronze/Silver/Gold)
3rd Place – Reward Box (Bronze/Silver/Gold)

But this needs to be reserved for people that Contribute, not just log in one day at reset and never again for the rest of the week. The Way this would work, Bronze/Silver/Gold would be contingent upon how many WvW Dailies you did in a given week. A player would need to do at least 7 WvW dailies just to be eligible to receive the weekly award box at all.

So the Breakdown would be like this:
7 -13 WvW Dailies Done – gets you a Bronze.
14- 20 WvW Dailies Done gets you a Silver,
21 + WvW Dailies Done gets you a Gold Participation

I’m against tying this to dailies. Granted, most PvE players seem to have stopped to do them since HoT – or I just don’t see them anymore, but doing dailies is in most cases really easy and doesn’t really contribute: Big Spender, Veteran Creature Slayer, Land claimer – it’s easy to get at least 7 a week and you won’t help your team at all. Before you argue that dailies should be made harder – I like them as it is as in some MU you’re that hopelessly outnumbered that you can’t really do much – and sometimes it takes hours to get a tower – I usually never get the “keep capturer”. So people who are in a bad MU or have little time can still do their dailies.
You can however tie your weekly contribution to events – but then again it would still be “the more karma train a server can do, the better their rewards”.

in WvW

Posted by: rek.1742

rek.1742

About 30 people in my WvW guild left the game because:
1)Dragon banners became a thing. Banners just in general really shouldn’t be a thing except the ones that warriors use. On that note
2)** Break bars is a PvE thing. What is it doing in WvW for players who acquire banners?
3)The new borderlands became a thing… no one likes a vertical maze to fight in if you can’t find each other to fight (vertical map in PvE = good; vertical map in WvW = bad… really bad do not bring PvE to WvW it is meant to be separate for a reason. Basically if you wouldn’t do it for sPvP don’t do it for WvW, there is a reason why that water map in sPvP was removed.
4) Invisible rings from dragon hunter’s long bow 5 shouldn’t even happen. That should be considered a glitch.
5) Finally, remove PvE from WvW.
I’m sure by now the devs know that there is something wrong in WvW that they need to change if there are this many people posting on here.

These are just a few things that I can think of off the top of my head. Please bring WvW back to its former glory.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Hi all,

Mo

1. I dont mind that.
2. Please2 revert the map plus new castle.
3. Not my thing either but its a good motivation
4. Please dont. I love the 1 VS X . If i won in a zerg. enormous.
5. I dont get it. But yeah sure.

Excellent.

Thought I might point out that they are shipping April and dev work has been locked down for that ‘soon’.

Not sure exactly what the purpose of this thread is if they have already done the work?

Perhaps rather than deleting every reply made along these lines the mods might want an informed debate.

I’m interested in finding out how these replies and thread fit in with the April timescale- I’ve made plenty of suggestions for improvements previously, but if this thread is another ‘CDI’ type thing (ie totally ignored and designed purely as a smokescreen) then people need to know rather than waste their time posting (and mod deleting many posts in an effort to manage the information flow as totally positive, which doesn’t give the devs or the boss a real picture of the feedback, just a managed outcome).

If not in April, when would they be looking at implementing the next big patch into wvw to address the many issues raised here?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: JPUlisses.8756

JPUlisses.8756

WvW needs legendary armor track reward = 1st step to fix WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nermy.2753

Nermy.2753

Well, if you revert back to the old maps, I hope we get something in compensation. Considering we aren’t getting all 16 new legendaries that were promised (this also kind of makes at least one mastery a little pointless), I’m going to start wondering when you will take back the HoT PvE maps and gliding… Even if the DBL isn’t as good as the alpine maps, its lame to consider taking it back. Just do what most of the forum wants and fix the DBL and also add the alpine maps to a rotation.
Thanks for working on WvW though, it’s a good thing for a lot of us.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Well, if you revert back to the old maps, I hope we get something in compensation. Considering we aren’t getting all 16 new legendaries that were promised (this also kind of makes at least one mastery a little pointless), I’m going to start wondering when you will take back the HoT PvE maps and gliding… Even if the DBL isn’t as good as the alpine maps, its lame to consider taking it back. Just do what most of the forum wants and fix the DBL and also add the alpine maps to a rotation.
Thanks for working on WvW though, it’s a good thing for a lot of us.

No. most of the forum wants to get rid of the desert borderland maps. There is a reason why last night in T2 there was a 50 person queue on EB and mostly empty maps in the BLs. Alpine was 100x better.

While ANET is at it, I hope they remove the rest of the junk from HoT as well. Banner, airships, etc. The first good step was removing the PvE event.