Zerg Busting, still a thing?

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

The largest fight my guild has won outnumbered was 13v35. It’s possible but with the current meta it is incredibly difficult. If you are wanting to discuss skill, using KILL as a reference may not be the best idea. All it takes is coordination, synergy, and practice within a guild in addition to a driver that reacts well in fights and positions the group properly. If you want feasible zerg busting, it’s possible in T2 and down. T1 just has too large of groups, even the guild groups run 20-25+

I agree, I wouldn’t consider most of what [KILL] does a skill group, it is just a matter of math for builds and organization, though we do have our off raid havoc/roamer groups that are more of a skill based group, but most of what we bust ominiblobs with is just doing the math and class/ build/ party based buffing to counter whatever the majority are currently running.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

An unknown guild like KILL should not be used as an indicator for what to run as a Zerg busting guild. Seeing as they have no proof to backup their claims. From what most players saw of them on mag it was below average. Try checking out GS, KEK, TDS and Woes videos on yt if want a good insight on how to adapt. They have been doing well. The builds that josh suggested are a bit outdated but they were once meta. Stick to his advice rather than lildevils because he knows what’s up. XT is better than KILL in a zergbusting standpoint. Since KILL is a ppt guild, which was proven by lildevils, this will never change.

Yes, In one day we get told we are a PPT celebrity K-train, an Elitist Bully beating up on their poor pug blobs, Squirrely OJ chasers, Hackers that must have hacked to kill their force twice our size under their siege, and a bunch of tryhards. Most of the time, I just get whispered from opponents telling me it was a good fight though.

We have 7 primary commanders and run 3 different time zones daily with different commanders and players. We have commanders that do PPT, and we have commanders that won’t touch PPT, each commander is very very different and have their own function within the guild. PPT determines who we fight, so we have people to handle that for us as well as people to handle the fights. Most guilds are more niche in what they do and choose to do one or the other. We are larger and like to do a bit of everything. " From what most have seen" = pugs following our drunken pugmanders goofing off. Of course that is all we do then right? LOL

If you have a problem with the comp I suggested, please do point out what the issues are, if not , you are more than welcome to give your own advice rather than just saltily attacking KILL, or me.

We are far from unknown.. we did change our name though

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

So you’re talking 8 months ago when the OP is asking if zerg busting is still a thing present day lol…

I am talking about this week, last week, every week on Maguuma. which goes back and forth from T3-T2 atm. The guilds that did that on JQ are scattered out on other servers presently, they are not gone.

had the pleasure of fighting kill the past linking we had. you think you run 10 – 15 but don’t count all the pugs that follow you around.. not once did i see kill out there alone busting zergs without lots of pugs following them around.. you might think you are a zerg busting guild but after fighting you i’d say you focus more on ppt than anything.

its cool to make up stories.. its always better when you add little twists in them here and there to make the story more exciting. everyone does it. just like the fisher man that came home and said i caught a fish this big when he actually didn’t catch one thing. what is told that happens is usually so far off from what really happened.

We are a very large guild with numerous commanders that does a bit of everything. Each of our commanders does different things and has their own style. If you had a “chance” to actually fight us, who was the commander at the time? We have a great variety since we like to do a bit of everything. IF you were actually fighting with us, you would be in contact with our fight commanders and set it up, since not all of our commanders are there for that depending on the day and time. We currently have different commanders for different raid times every day: SEA, EU and NA and have havoc and roamers on outside of those raid times. Some of our commanders just pugmand and take keeps, others want to run Pinnless with just the guild, some just do suicide squad havoc/ roaming. The amount of players we run varies greatly depending on commander and timezone. In addition, we also have had new commander nights where we allow ANYONE to step up and try to learn.

But since obviously you are the expert on what happens in our guild, you surely can tell me the name of the commanders you " fought" and when this was set up, and your guild.

im no expert on your guild but i just call it how i see it. how would i know who the commander is? i don’t make friends with the enemies or set up fights. i see red names and i try to kill them. so for me to actually fight you i’d have to set something up with your fight commander and if i catch you in the field and fight with others against your omniblob that is not considered a fight? please.. my guess is the commander was the rev with high rank that everyone seemed to be following around. i could be wrong but that’s what it looked like to me. your guild has several high ranked players and lots of basic rank players that are new. its cool to talk highly about your guild and all but no guild stands out on any server anymore. sorry but it is the truth.

So what you are saying is you saw some kill tags and didn’t actually set up a fight? LMAO@ omniblob.. If you think that ANYTHING run on mag is an omniblob you would be in for a shock when you actually see one. Sounds like you were goofing off with one of the pugmanders. Goof off time is goof off time.. commanders may be drunk or whatever they want to do while pugmanding. They get paid by the server to pugmand so, no that is not actually a guild fight. LOL Who is your guild again? We can set something up if you like.

yes i saw kill tag running with tons of other guild names following them.. that’s an onmiblob. not once did i see 10 – 15 kill running alone.. every single time i’ve seen them they had others following them. every single time i seen them running they outnumbered us with the size of the players following them.. i’m in a pve guild but i wvw more than anyone in my guild. i’ve followed around true zerg busting guilds over my time being the only pug following them because they knew i could hold my own . i never joined a wvw guild because they have members like you that think wvw is all about setting up fights, running this or that build and have an elitest attitude against anyone that doesn’t do as they say. now you are saying players actually pays you to pugmand? LOLOLOL i’ve seen it all from you. you are so full of it.

I do have to say in the current match, Mag is the omniblob. On reset a Kill group split up into 3 groups surrounding us and each one of them was as big as our single group lol.

What I wish is that the organized groups would all go to the higher tiers so we disorganized pugs can fight each other. Its great fun when everyone is disorganized. But when you put an orgainized group in the mix it ruins it. Some of the funnest times in WvW were in Beta when everyone was like level 10 and no one knew what to do.

In the current match though, Mags NA is too strong for this tier, but Mag has no OCX at all, so after everyone goes to bed on Mag we have outnumbered buffs on all maps while we are 2 vs 40 dealing with SOS’s OCX and 2 vs 30 dealing with SBI in off hours.
If Mag actually had OCX we would stay in T2 instead of keep coming back down here. Mags NA does great in both T2 and T3, just not having anyone on after NA prime, and having all the maps PvD’d while asleep prevents Mag from staying in T2.

Mags NA wants the bigger blobs to fight in T2 for NA, but will have to have some OCX come over before that can happen every week and have us out of your hair.
Yes, [KILL] is larger than most of what is seen at this tier, but all we did was fight BG for years, so this is what it takes to maintain a tier and be able to fight against the omniblobs in T1.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It IS, I don’t consider that Zerg busting to kill a bunch of pugs running around uncoordinated on PvE builds. That is really just goofing off. Fighting BG’s organized omniblobs is zerg busting, and they actually know what they are doing and put up a really good challenge. I haven’t seen anything like that outside of BG though due to the quality of the players/ classes/ builds they are running on other servers.

I doubt very much if even a very good guild of 15 could defeat another good organised guild group of 30 currently. ND might be able to but not many others.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

It IS, I don’t consider that Zerg busting to kill a bunch of pugs running around uncoordinated on PvE builds. That is really just goofing off. Fighting BG’s organized omniblobs is zerg busting, and they actually know what they are doing and put up a really good challenge. I haven’t seen anything like that outside of BG though due to the quality of the players/ classes/ builds they are running on other servers.

I doubt very much if even a very good guild of 15 could defeat another good organised guild group of 30 currently. ND might be able to but not many others.

ND used to be able to do that, but not anymore I don’t think, I think they lost people, they came to play with us for a short time. Yea, due to the present comp, it would be difficult for a group of 15 to beat a good 30 due to the current buffs that increase with the number of players running them. That makes it much more difficult for the smaller force to be able to inflict any damage at all. Right now the builds/ comp is far stronger than actual skill, and it makes it much harder for any of the smaller groups to be able to take a larger force that is running the proper comp. It can still happen, but is much more difficult to do.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

i’m in a pve guild but i wvw more than anyone in my guild

Are you diamond yet frend? Last time I saw you, you were Mithril and I wasn’t even on Platinum.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Currently, if you wanted to do zerg busting, you’d need 20 solid players. I don’t think 15 can cut it these days. You’ll want to be in a tier 4 server so that you’re fighting the worst players left in the game – preferably be on Crystal Desert so you can get maximum farming of SF and DH.

Bruh, being on the overpopulated side don’t really give you many chances of “zerg bust”.. It need to be 20 of you against 40+ enemies, not the other way around.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Currently, if you wanted to do zerg busting, you’d need 20 solid players. I don’t think 15 can cut it these days. You’ll want to be in a tier 4 server so that you’re fighting the worst players left in the game – preferably be on Crystal Desert so you can get maximum farming of SF and DH.

Bruh, being on the overpopulated side don’t really give you many chances of “zerg bust”.. It need to be 20 of you against 40+ enemies, not the other way around.

But seriously Jeknar with this kittenty meta you do need 20-25

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

But seriously Jeknar with this kittenty meta you do need 20-25

That’s why I kept the 20 value he used in his original post. Back in my time of zerg busting a decent guild would run 15ish, but we didn’t had all this powercreep from Heart of Thorns.

Oh and I’m not running mesmer for you. Don’t ask.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

When we can use 3 eles and overload air into a [kill] group of 15 and literally every single one drops in 2 seconds i doubt they can zerg bust

(edited by QuickRain.4735)

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Being on CD is better because their groups are better than DH and SF lol.. All three are pretty awful, but CD has some groups that don’t have downs.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Mag has been Zerg busting all day long in T2 and T3..

LOLOL, Mag’s “zerg busting” consists of a bunch of pickers ganking the fat kids of a zerg. It’s not zerg busting, it’s a bunch of roamers taking advantage of anyone who’s too slow to keep up.

While it is a legitimate strategy that I do by myself quite often, it’s not zerg busting. I’ve seen what Mag does there’s no organization or skill behind it. It’s ganking people who are trying to keep up with their zerg not running builds capable of defending themselves with.

Zerg busting is organized (usually guilds) taking on groups twice their size face to face. Not hugging the tail of the enemy zerg and dog piling the fat kids.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

Mag player here in KILL/OCX but i wander around whenever, mostly trying new builds or finding other roamers.

I kind of think you’re all correct, it just depends on the time of day, what else is going on, reset night or not, composition, pugs, etc. It ebbs and flows from being the underdog to the topdog. I think most in this thread if they can find 15 of the same like minded/skilled people are going to have a lot of fun even if tactics change from head on zerg to fighting in tunnels =)… (I will be that guy stuck in red circles or falling of bridges)

I transferred from CD, glad to see that are doing better then the silence it was when I was there.

Either way its fun, keep on ganking and putting siege on me all good \o/

If in doubt, make mag alt and come join the dark side.

in WvW

Posted by: Downskee.2649

Downskee.2649

An unknown guild like KILL should not be used as an indicator for what to run as a Zerg busting guild. Seeing as they have no proof to backup their claims. From what most players saw of them on mag it was below average. Try checking out GS, KEK, TDS and Woes videos on yt if want a good insight on how to adapt. They have been doing well. The builds that josh suggested are a bit outdated but they were once meta. Stick to his advice rather than lildevils because he knows what’s up. XT is better than KILL in a zergbusting standpoint. Since KILL is a ppt guild, which was proven by lildevils, this will never change.

Yes, In one day we get told we are a PPT celebrity K-train, an Elitist Bully beating up on their poor pug blobs, Squirrely OJ chasers, Hackers that must have hacked to kill their force twice our size under their siege, and a bunch of tryhards. Most of the time, I just get whispered from opponents telling me it was a good fight though.

We have 7 primary commanders and run 3 different time zones daily with different commanders and players. We have commanders that do PPT, and we have commanders that won’t touch PPT, each commander is very very different and have their own function within the guild. PPT determines who we fight, so we have people to handle that for us as well as people to handle the fights. Most guilds are more niche in what they do and choose to do one or the other. We are larger and like to do a bit of everything. " From what most have seen" = pugs following our drunken pugmanders goofing off. Of course that is all we do then right? LOL

If you have a problem with the comp I suggested, please do point out what the issues are, if not , you are more than welcome to give your own advice rather than just saltily attacking KILL, or me.

Sorry for the blunt yet precise way to improve as a guild, mate. It’s a hard road but some of us have made it. I know your commanders. Since they’ve individually contacted me for advice already. I know their play styles, their builds and how they operate during each timezone. I’ve voiced my opinion to them. You’re giving the OP misinformation if you think you have an idea of what builds to run currently, when they arent proving of any use in the field for yourselves.
Please only suggest advice to people who are seeking on ways to improve at the game if its going to work. Otherwise keep the troll advice off the official forum. I’ve stated my advice, and hope that the OP has learnt from it. Learn builds from videos, check patterns in movement from the class thats being played and try to figure out the builds they’re using and theorycraft a better one according to the way your own guild plays.
In the mean time, dont listen to what lildevils has to say if you’re interested in improving as a player.
http://imgur.com/IXUG7l2 im pretty much Kills mentor if you ask me

Attachments:

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Sorry for the blunt yet precise way to improve as a guild, mate. It’s a hard road but some of us have made it. I know your commanders. Since they’ve individually contacted me for advice already. I know their play styles, their builds and how they operate during each timezone. I’ve voiced my opinion to them. You’re giving the OP misinformation if you think you have an idea of what builds to run currently, when they arent proving of any use in the field for yourselves.
Please only suggest advice to people who are seeking on ways to improve at the game if its going to work. Otherwise keep the troll advice off the official forum. I’ve stated my advice, and hope that the OP has learnt from it. Learn builds from videos, check patterns in movement from the class thats being played and try to figure out the builds they’re using and theorycraft a better one according to the way your own guild plays.
In the mean time, dont listen to what lildevils has to say if you’re interested in improving as a player.

Romero is our newest commander and joined us after we moved from JQ and still has much to learn. It is good of you to “mentor” him, however, he will be the first to tell you he is in no way a fight commander. Most of our commanders don’t even know who you are.

However, you guys are a havoc group, not a fight guild. Please show me what misinformation I have given, since you seem to think I have. We have some things you can " mentor" but fight commanders are not one of them. LMAO

You guys are a havoc/small guild, not sure if you would even try to fight an omniblob.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: bubbachua.1243

bubbachua.1243

15-20 ND got beat by 20ish pugs unorganized twice, and had to go nuthug. ND is kitten.

in WvW

Downskee.2649

Romero is our newest commander and joined us after we moved from JQ and still has much to learn. It is good of you to “mentor” him, however, he will be the first to tell you he is in no way a fight commander. lol

Howver, you guys are a havoc group, not a fight guild. Please show me what misinformation I have given, since you seem to think I have. We have some things you can " mentor" but fight commanders are not one of them. LMAO

You guys are a havoc/ small guild, not sure if you even try to fight an omniblob.

Since you’ve already approached me with a whisper ingame to try and resolve KILLs lack of acceptance to their appearance in WvW. It doesn’t need to be stated again.
Look elsewhere if you want to improve your gameplay OP.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Romero is our newest commander and joined us after we moved from JQ and still has much to learn. It is good of you to “mentor” him, however, he will be the first to tell you he is in no way a fight commander. lol

Howver, you guys are a havoc group, not a fight guild. Please show me what misinformation I have given, since you seem to think I have. We have some things you can " mentor" but fight commanders are not one of them. LMAO

You guys are a havoc/ small guild, not sure if you even try to fight an omniblob.

Since you’ve already approached me with a whisper ingame to try and resolve KILLs lack of acceptance to their appearance in WvW. It doesn’t need to be stated again.

I " approached" you to find out why our commanders don’t know who you are. For a mentor, you would think they might remember..LOL

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So you’re talking 8 months ago when the OP is asking if zerg busting is still a thing present day lol…

I am talking about this week, last week, every week on Maguuma. which goes back and forth from T3-T2 atm. The guilds that did that on JQ are scattered out on other servers presently, they are not gone.

Ummmm Maguma can not zerg bust, because Maguma IS the biggest zerg. Its really an unusual day or timezone or some sort of funky situation when we run against maguma and they have no map que while we have outnumbered buff.

I thought JQ had big blobs, I was wrong. Mag takes the cake on that one. Think the only thing keeping Mag from T1 is some tz coverage, otherwise I don’t see a reason why they wouldn’t. It will be mostly map que vs map que, unless of course they just aren’t as good as they’re touting to be and get their kitten kicked back down.

As for OP and original question, its still doable but rare. Metas have changed and its much harder to do now because CC classes will actually CC you. No more perma immunity via stab to half or more of the population you will play against.

Timing and coordination requirements are much higher then before, so many guilds that thought they’re good have found out otherwise.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in WvW

Downskee.2649

I " approached" you to find out why our commanders don’t know who you are. For a mentor, you would think they might remember..LOL

It’s nobody elses fault but their own if they lack the will to learn how to play the game. I cant help if they dont remember me, It’s their fault if they forget the information I give them aswell.
Either way, up to date info is there if anyone needs it other than the OP!

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Ummmm Maguma can not zerg bust, because Maguma IS the biggest zerg. Its really an unusual day or timezone or some sort of funky situation when we run against maguma and they have no map que while we have outnumbered buff.

I thought JQ had big blobs, I was wrong. Mag takes the cake on that one. Think the only thing keeping Mag from T1 is some tz coverage, otherwise I don’t see a reason why they wouldn’t. It will be mostly map que vs map que, unless of course they just aren’t as good as they’re touting to be and get their kitten kicked back down.

You are seriously saying mag has big zergs? Have you seen DB? BG? Lol! JQ doesn’t have zergs either. Most of maguumas guilds run by themselves. When you have multiple guilds on a map, you cannot get a" real zerg"

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

It’s nobody elses fault but their own if they lack the will to learn how to play the game. I cant help if they dont remember me, It’s their fault if they forget the information I give them aswell.
Either way, up to date info is there if anyone needs it other than the OP!

If you actually have told anyone anything they didn’t know already, they might bother to remember meeting you. If they want " up to the minute" boonshare extermination surfing is what many are using, to fight outnumbered,however, we are hoping it gets nerfed and are using it in blobs because you take no damage and it is no fun without even having a fight. We are hoping if we kill enough devs all boonshare blobbed up they will fix it. Yes.. boon stripping ,corruption, mercy runes , doesn’t mean much when a dual pinned blob pulling hammer anvil on you is doing it with too many mesmer’s to keep up with or being aj’d by one server while fighting the other. When fighting outnumbered, you never expect it to be one pin/ force you are fighting.

But then again you don’t usually do the larger scale fights, you guys usually just stick to ganking and havoc..

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

We can all just dream on about zerg busting guilds who run boonshare.

in WvW

Downskee.2649

If you actually have told anyone anything they didn’t know already, they might bother to remember meeting you. If they want " up to the minute" boonshare extermination surfing is what many are using, to fight outnumbered,however, we are hoping it gets nerfed and are using it in blobs because you take no damage and it is no fun without even having a fight. We are hoping if we kill enough devs all boonshare blobbed up they will fix it. Yes.. boon stripping ,corruption, mercy runes , doesn’t mean much when a dual pinned blob pulling hammer anvil on you is doing it with too many mesmer’s to keep up with or being aj’d by one server while fighting the other. When fighting outnumbered, you never expect it to be one pin/ force you are fighting.

But then again you don’t usually do the larger scale fights, you guys usually just stick to ganking and havoc..

pretty misguided comment for someone who hasnt bothered at all with their citing their information. maybe I should stop the discussion (again?) with someone who has the personality of a brickwall.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Only one I’ve seen run an impressive group in outnumbered fights over the last two months is Woe – I’ve only seen Kill during SEA hours personally, and on those occasions they were worse than Mag’s randoms.
I suspect FA can offer better but haven’t played them for ages.

(edited by Ben K.6238)

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

i’m in a pve guild but i wvw more than anyone in my guild

Are you diamond yet frend? Last time I saw you, you were Mithril and I wasn’t even on Platinum.

Not yet. Last I checked I was around 5.2k rank. I don’t play as much as I used to play. Probably cut my play time in half if not more since HoT came into the picture.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

Hey all, did some reading, watched some videos, and people tend to think that the ol, “15 vs 30+” zerg busting is dead, due to massive stability applications, ect. Do you all think it’s dead? If not, do you all have any, “Go-to” classes/builds that would be recommended for that sort of play?

Reason I ask, is that my guild and I don’t just want to be another one of those, “Guild groups” in WvW, and want to concentrate on being able to bust up larger groups then ours, atleast 2x our size.

Thanks, and have a happy 4th of July!!!

as some one that is in a guild that does zerg busting I have to say no

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

HoT killed zerg busting. This thread is pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Unless you are talking about zerg busting in EoTM where uplevels are abound, I just don’t see it. Most WvW folks know what they are doing nowadays.

Nowadays these little ‘zerg busters’ just pick off the tail of the zerg, and at times may entice a few to spread out enough to kill a few. But i havent seen a small band of folks take out an entire much larger zerg in over a year. And that counts EoTM, where I’ve seen recently these little zerg busters try to take on a zerg and either get demolished or run away with their tail between their legs. this is on BG though. Not sure what the other servers are doing.

in WvW

Posted by: bubbachua.1243

bubbachua.1243

Zerg busting is still a thing.. just do it with boon share. 25v50 EzPz.

I will start streaming this nonsense meta and show how cancer it is… soon.. after I get my UD

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I will start streaming this nonsense meta and show how cancer it is… soon.. after I get my UD

Only hope it isn’t a video of 25 in squad surrounded by another 20 pugs against 40 and 10 minions/pets/clones.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

Only hope it isn’t a video of 25 in squad surrounded by another 20 pugs against 40 and 10 minions/pets/clones.

I got some of those!

in WvW

Posted by: perseco.8321

perseco.8321

The only real “zerg busting” (as intended by the OP) I’ve seen recently was a ~15-man KEK group (when they were on Mag) that pushed out of south bay and wiped a group of 30+ (I think it was SBI or DB). I was one of the lucky pugs nearby to watch it unfold and chase down the stragglers.

That said, having run with KILL for a while (on both JQ and Mag), I will give it to you straight.

Right now, KILL only has 1 good fight commander and 2-3 mediocre ones (keeping in mind this is only my opinion based largely on the outcome of our fights and tactics). The rest are usually spares that pin up if for some reason the primary commander is not able (downed, IRL obligations, etc). I’m not going to sit here and blow smoke up anyone’s kitten about how good KILL is or is not… but I will give my opinion based on my observation and experience.

We have good days and bad days depending on the commander and the party comp available at those times. We’ve fought TDS on a number of occasions, and I would consider us to be about on even footing with them in terms of fighting power (though their movements are a bit more organized). When we raided on JQ pre-HoT, we had several instances (that I was there for) where we were outnumbered nearly 2:1 and still managed to wipe the BG or TC blob.

That said, it’s not to say we don’t have room for improvement. We do have some players in KILL that are reluctant to find ways to improve their skills. For example, some of our players are at a competitive disadvantage in reaction time due to their choice of input (clicking skills, using a gamepad/controller). We also have the newer recruits that are just now becoming familiar with what is necessary to be competitive in WvW with their chosen class, and may not have their gear or builds ironed out yet. But we are constantly working with them and making suggestions for improvement by providing feedback and answering questions. We don’t expect everyone that joins KILL to already know what they are doing, as that severely limits your recruitment pool. But we do actively find ways to help our players get better.

Most of the raiding guilds on Maguuma run anywhere from 15-30 players at reset (some groups comprise of multiple smaller guilds running together), and that number usually diminishes throughout the week. Rarely do we find these guilds fighting side by side, but when we do, it is usually because our opponents are already doing so. Any other instances you find of Maguuma blobbing it up is pretty much always going to be when there is a pugmander that attracts the masses to their pin due to their reputation on the server (Synco, Xushin, Bloodie, etc.)… and that usually happens maybe 4-5 times a week for a couple hours each time? This is just a guess, but I’m pretty sure many other NA servers have a similar situation in terms of reset turnout versus WvW population during the week.

As for the current state of the game, zerg busting is rare these days, and I pretty much agree with most of the points brought up here. HoT specializations and changes to CC/condi/etc. have changed how guilds play in WvW, and that has unfortunately made some of the better classes irrelevant. I personally do not want to see KILL or any other blob using boonshare in WvW… but unfortunately, that seems to be the only way to remain competitive right now until ANet finds a creative way to balance these game mechanics. And until they do change those mechanics, it is hard for anyone to reasonably provide an objective analysis of any guild’s fighting ability due to the widespread use of these mechanics in WvW at the moment.

(edited by perseco.8321)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

snipped for space

I think your assessment is pretty spot on. Truthfully, we only have one fight commander atm that has any business trying to fight actual fights ( not just pug blobs) and the others still have much work to do before they are what I would consider a fight commander. If/ when I come on and find out our pugmanders tried to actually have a real fight I pretty much have a face palm moment because they are in no way set up for that yet. LOL

We have commanders for different purposes, and they do what they are supposed to do for their time slot and runs, but we are always looking for new commanders to find new talent and that is why we have a new commander night to allow anyone to have their chance to see what potential they have to get in and drive, so leave it open to anyone who wants to step up and have a go and also give them the help they need to improve. From there, it is up to them what they choose to do with that. We expect both our commanders and members to always be improving and be willing to take criticism and make the necessary adjustments.

Since we are constantly changing our comps, we have had many of our members make new classes and and are in the process of learning to play those classes with the new builds and we are new player friendly, in that we help them get set up try to help them learn and give them opportunities to improve. Now just because we are new player friendly, does not mean they get infinite rope. If they fail to learn or are unwilling to learn/ change after a time period, or show up for training sessions ( of which we are having one tonight) we may not be the guild for them and let them go their separate ways.

I also agree with the current state of Boonshare mesmers, and the faster we can get this nerfed by exploiting the hell out of it the better as far as I am concerned. We are not going to run it to win, we are running it to make the biggest ugliest mess out of it as humanly possible in hopes they will bring back the fights again and not just have us all running around like invincible Mario. I hope everyone else does the same so they realize what this has done for many classes and fights. It isn’t even a fight anymore, it is just ridiculous. You could play with banging your head on your keyboard blindfolded this way.. EVERYONE needs to run the boonshare mesmers in the largest blobs they can get their hands on so they will hopefully remove it faster, then we can get back to actually playing again instead of giiiimping it up.

Although I have seen other groups than KeK ( Trex for example) take out 30+ with under 15, it is very rare. Most zergbusting these days is usually 20-25 taking out 40+ due to it being far less skill based than it used to be and more just a matter of getting the magic numbers. Until we can get the needed balance changes fights are not going to be much fun.

WvW / PVP ONLY