can't drop sieges in wvw

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its been what 24 hours and no fix and no statement except for the initial one WTF! This is beyond a joke now.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Topix.6974

Topix.6974

Its bugs like these that will cause WvW players on servers to stop WvWing or worse yet, stop playing GW2 altogether. This should of been hot fixed yesterday, but they figured that they will wait until the server reset with the new scoring system which will mess up WvW even more.

I don’t see my server having any competition at all in WvW with any other servers other than the 2 that are already in T1. I feel sorry for the lower tier server playing up against any of the T1 servers. Brace yourselves for crappy match ups.

We use to get whooped by a lot which got old fast, and winning by a lot isn’t fun after the second week either.

It will be interesting to see what this reset will bring. I do like how its not arrow cart wars now, But now its just golem rush wars.

Wildstar isn’t coming out fast enough…

Mentally On Call – 80 Elementalist
Mentally Disturbed – [MD]
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Topix.6974)

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Its been what 24 hours and no fix and no statement except for the initial one WTF! This is beyond a joke now.

Be happy. You can re-enter your beloved ACvAC now.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I don’t see my server having any competition at all in WvW with any other servers other than the 2 that are already in T1. I feel sorry for the lower tier server playing up against any of the T1 servers. Brace yourselves for crappy match ups.

This isn’t because of glicko2 will now work as intended, this is because you stacked yourself enough to make HoD blush. No one is going to be sad about not facing you, in fact I predict much rejoicing much as people aren’t sad to not face Vizunah.

They gave you a statement. Would repeating it solve anything? Do you think they just stopped working on it? Enjoy the open field warring and golem hilarity, and consider it a break from the stagnation of T1.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

So ArenaNet you owe me 50 golems because of your incompetence.
This is the ammount of iron man I had to use for 2 days because of siege bug!
Thanks a lot, contact me in-game to catch on any borderland and drop some machines

Best Regards

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

Its bugs like these that will cause WvW players on servers to stop WvWing or worse yet, stop playing GW2 altogether. This should of been hot fixed yesterday, but they figured that they will wait until the server reset with the new scoring system which will mess up WvW even more.

We use to get whooped by a lot which got old fast, and winning by a lot isn’t fun after the second week either.

It will be interesting to see what this reset will bring. I do like how its not arrow cart wars now, But now its just golem rush wars.

Wildstar isn’t coming out fast enough…

because you dont see it is not the same as no othere server can give your server a run for your money to.

i like the fact that the are implementing a fix to it now tho i also think its very late for a siege fix

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Vindicative.7816

Vindicative.7816

The only people that are saying this is fun are the ones that are on servers that greatly outnumber their tier opponents. Defensive siege are meant to offset the zergs and level the playing field for the lesser populated servers or at the very least slow down the opposing zerg. Unless every server in every tier was balanced in WvW participation and coverage this may not be much of an issue, but we all know this isn’t true.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Be happy. You can re-enter your beloved ACvAC now.

Uh check my posting history, its not ACs its more the other siege.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The only people that are saying this is fun are the ones that are on servers that greatly outnumber their tier opponents. Defensive siege are meant to offset the zergs and level the playing field for the lesser populated servers or at the very least slow down the opposing zerg. Unless every server in every tier was balanced in WvW participation and coverage this may not be much of an issue, but we all know this isn’t true.

I can see the point with this. I’m on a server that’s fairly evenly matched and battles are far more fluid now that the siege can’t be placed. More gold, world xp, karma, and more open field fights.

With that said, I wouldn’t be opposed to a server who consistently has lower numbers on the battle field (or is outmanned usually) to have the ability to place more AC’s. On servers that are highly populated with WvW’er and evenly matched, there is no reason to have so many AC’s placed everywhere. It just makes the fluidity of the battles painfully slow and boring.

The situation is far different when you have say 5-10 people defending a tower (against a zerg) with 3-4 AC’s rather than having 50 people defending a tower with 12 AC’s against a zerg

(edited by DeadlySynz.3471)

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Sucha shame they fixed it, we actually had tons of non stop fights tonight. No kitten arrow carts to hide behind.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

So next month?

They will tell you next month but it will about 3 months. But once that’s fixed they will screw something else up like the doors won’t take DMG making the fix to siege pointless.

That’s too early; we’re thinking 2015

We’ve found a bug in the siege cap and are working on addressing the problem as soon as we can.

U fail hard. like 24 hour after the patch and we can’t place siege only golems. Not a pve bug dosn’t matter let fix it next month. Useless

for laughs.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Thanks for fixing it!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

Sucha shame they fixed it, we actually had tons of non stop fights tonight. No kitten arrow carts to hide behind.

Personally I like AC’s. And I am not talking about hiding behind them. I am more talking about finding a way around them. I love the chaos WvW brings and AC brings a lot of chaos

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: lemora.1304

lemora.1304

If he’s so communicative why didn’t he tell anyone about the buffs to arrow carts beforehand? Or the implementation of traps? Face it these people at Anet are off in their own little world where everything is rainbows and unicorns.

This statement couldn’t be any more pedantic. Arrow Carts were mentioned beforehand, so were other various things. While Devon has been on board, the Glicko Ghetto was temp fixed while they came up with a solution to implement Glicko2 like it was originally designed for, which is HUGE for matches.

Blaming one person for the failure the QA department (yet kittening again), just further displays your failure to not only comprehend how design and development works but your inadequacy to weigh in on the argument other than to kitten for the sake of kittening.

All they ever say is “We cant tell you but we’re looking into it” or “We don’t have a estimated time yet but soon”. Where exactly does Devon even hint at changes to ACs and traps before they came out? I certainly can’t find it in his post history, so please enlighten me.

Also you can’t seriously believe that judging by the amount of kittening and decline in WvW lately that the new changes are actually good for the game?

Lv 80 Guardian , Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer and Mesmer
[GoF] of Blackgate

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

Also you can’t seriously believe that judging by the amount of kittening and decline in WvW lately that the new changes are actually good for the game?

That’s a matter of opinion, man. I think it’s gotten better. No more suddenly running into a zerg ‘cause of culling, even more rewards for WvW (got back to back golems on the first night, then a buncha greens/rams lol) siege timers AND they got buffed to 1 hour, etc. Orbs that made a bad situation worse are gone. We really are much better off than we were. Yeah kitten needs work but it sure isn’t WORSE than wherewe started at

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

can't drop sieges in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

Still not fixed?

Yesterday i was able to play a bit more, and this siege bug sucks big time. The following situation:
UW held redlake, a minimum of 5 ac’s build in the tower. after some trebing and two atemps, we are finally able to cap that tower. now, we want to place some AC’s for defence. “unable to place siege”. 10 minutes pass, they return with that godawfull commander event, they open the tower but get repelled “manually” by our forces. 10 minutes later the same bullkitten again, and we still can’t build anything. they cap the tower. after a while we try to take the tower back, but there are masses of ac’s built inside. wtf.

i haven’t a problem when we all can’t build siege, some open field combat is refreshing. But, we can’t build but the opponents can build in the same spot, it’s just unfair. If nobody could build siege, it would be ok, but not if some servers are able to and some are not.

SO FIX IT, FAST!!

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny