Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

This should never have been allowed.

eliminate stealth stomping in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

No.

Unless they remove stability and blind stomping they should not remove stealth stomping.

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

No.

I like my mist form and elixir S stomping too ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

No.

I just wanted to say no.

in WvW

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

No.

I like my mist form and elixir S stomping too ^^

But is your Mist Form and Elixir S on a 3 second cool down?

in WvW

Posted by: Biggusbiggus.5789

Biggusbiggus.5789

The only gripe I have about it is when your downed skill requires a target. They could at least make an improvement to this.

in WvW

Posted by: Chunky Milk.2130

Chunky Milk.2130

Why should I have to kill you twice to begin with?

[Hide]/[DP]

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Remove downed state, is a stupid mechanic anyway.

wtb, stealth need a rework, no real counter to the actual broken stealth mechanic, is stupid like the downed (rally machine) state and both are toxic to the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Gensokyo.1528

Gensokyo.1528

wtb, stealth need a rework, no real counter to the actual broken stealth mechanic, is stupid like the downed (rally machine) state and both are toxic to the game.

agree completely on both points I think downed state should be removed from wvw and there should be some kind of a counter to stealth such as being able to see people who are stealthed at a very close distance or something like in most other games that have a stealth mechanic

Piken | [Ash] | Epi The Lad
best Druid EU and South Sudan

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Everyone should have a utility that reveals nearby foes.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

And everyone should have easy access to stability. That are basic mechanics, core mechanics. Like run/mobility OUT OF COMBAT, break stuns, possibility to leave a combat, etc.

In all others games i played all classes had easy access to CORE/BASIC counter mechanics. The teamwork mechanics like healings, supports/boons, cleansing, mobility IN COMBAT, etc, is another story.

Arenanet removed the trinity in exchange to something worst by far, unbalanced as hell. No clue about what they did.

in WvW

Posted by: Arthedain.5928

Arthedain.5928

the problem is that the downed ablitys are not balenced at all eather…
ele gets 3 sec invulnerbility and the chance to move into tower etc.
and ranger gets a 1 sec daze that cant be cast on a stealthed target or one with stablity…

Leader of ONYX.
Commander of Piken.
Ranger for Life.

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Just remove downed all together it only encourage ressing baddies and upscaled.
When they die they should auto teleported back to spawn so they have to run back.
Just like you would in any other game , “then why dont you play other games?”, i do.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Of all the abilities listed here stealth stomping is by far the superior variant.
As long as downed state is such a faulty game mechanic (you lose target, can’t see conditions on you) it enhances stealth even more.
We need some sort of “reveal” ability for professions beyond “Sick’em” (which was introduced later, btw) and “Unveiling shot” + “Stealth disruptor trap”.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Of all the abilities listed here stealth stomping is by far the superior variant.
As long as downed state is such a faulty game mechanic (you lose target, can’t see conditions on you) it enhances stealth even more.
We need some sort of “reveal” ability for professions beyond “Sick’em” (which was introduced later, btw) and “Unveiling shot” + “Stealth disruptor trap”.

Those abilities are called “L2P” and logical fallacies.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Dont forget shadow step stomping/rezzing

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Who the heck wastes a 45 second Shadow Step for Stomping and Ressing, other than to show off?
I don’t get the issue with Stealth Stomping; there are other means to Stomp that are equally as annoying, but even when I try to Stealth Stomp some downed states can interrupt me.

Downed State needs a rework perhaps?

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

Pro of downed state 1%:
Exiting fight.

Cons of downed state 99%:
Rally bot, impossible to fight 1v2/3 sometimes even if you kill them all, rally bot, uplevels rallying enemies, rally bot, some classes can ress without problem like guardian, warrior, etc, no skill balance from the ground (some classes had huge advantage), rally bot, i said rally bot?

But arenanet love it, because they design it and they are so proud of it. Deal with it, we play what arenanet wants. Like PvE through the throat.

If you die, you should re spawn. Or can be resurrected OUT OF COMBAT

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Eliminate downed state altogether.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Agreed with removing the state. In PvE it works but in PvP it’s imbalanced and makes 1vX situations nigh impossible unless there’s a big difference in skill.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

Stealth should be removed too. This game has no resources to make a proper stealth mechanic, none of the current devs apparently can solve it.

Spamming invisibility without restriction is the WORST idea ever. EVER. I didn’t see it even in free games.

in WvW

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Stealth should be removed too. This game has no resources to make a proper stealth mechanic, none of the current devs apparently can solve it.

Spamming invisibility without restriction is the WORST idea ever. EVER. I didn’t see it even in free games.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you can’t spam stealth ALL the time unless you stay in stealth

Everytime a stealthed player drops out of stealth he receives a “revealed” debuff that prevents said player from entering stealth for the duration, granted it’s only about 5 seconds but effectively dismissing the “spamming invisibility without restriction” bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

And everyone should have easy access to stability. That are basic mechanics, core mechanics. Like run/mobility OUT OF COMBAT, break stuns, possibility to leave a combat, etc.

In all others games i played all classes had easy access to CORE/BASIC counter mechanics. The teamwork mechanics like healings, supports/boons, cleansing, mobility IN COMBAT, etc, is another story.

Arenanet removed the trinity in exchange to something worst by far, unbalanced as hell. No clue about what they did.

Yes. Stabillity for everyone is also a great idea. Another thing is the unbalanced base healths, those like warriors who can do incredible damage have heavy armor and huge health, while some like elementallists and guardians don’t do as much, and have half the health.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Hate to burst your bubble, but you can’t spam stealth ALL the time unless you stay in stealth

Everytime a stealthed player drops out of stealth he receives a “revealed” debuff that prevents said player from entering stealth for the duration, granted it’s only about 5 seconds but effectively dismissing the “spamming invisibility without restriction” bit.

Hate to burst your bubble but you only get the revealed debuff is you attack from stealth. You can easily let it end normally, attack and reenter stealth as much as you want. Revealed won’t show in this case. The only true limit to stealth is initiative.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Hate to burst your bubble but you only get the revealed debuff is you attack from stealth. You can easily let it end normally, attack and reenter stealth as much as you want. Revealed won’t show in this case. The only true limit to stealth is initiative.

That’s what he meant by “unless you stay in stealth

And yes pls, remove stealth stomping, give thieves stability.

To the downed state, I quite like the downed state but not that people can rez in combat or that 1 person can rally the whole zerg. Best imo would be if all classes had just hit & heal downed skills. I’d love this, no more downed eles escaping into towers or warrs running across half the map in vengeance.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Shadymilkman.6205

Shadymilkman.6205

Nerf stealth complaints, please. They dominate the gripe meta.

in WvW

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I don’t mean to suggest that it doesn’t cause problems, but it exists for a pretty good reason- pacing. Two groups enter, one group winds up with a non-zero amount of living players and they’re the winner. Without downed state and rallying, you get a long, irritating lull in group activity while maybe two people go around and start rezzing people. With rally system, the “winning” group is still (theoretically) going to win, but finishes the fight with more people up, so there’s less of an interruption to gameplay.

Again, it’s a system that has issues. But it exists for a reason.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

I don’t mean to suggest that it doesn’t cause problems, but it exists for a pretty good reason- pacing. Two groups enter, one group winds up with a non-zero amount of living players and they’re the winner. Without downed state and rallying, you get a long, irritating lull in group activity while maybe two people go around and start rezzing people. With rally system, the “winning” group is still (theoretically) going to win, but finishes the fight with more people up, so there’s less of an interruption to gameplay.

Again, it’s a system that has issues. But it exists for a reason.

Yes, exists for a reason, that reason is avoid players frustration. There are games with HIGH penalization for death or lose (single players and vs) and there are games without penalization at all. In both extremes is like Hardcore games and Casual games. This is a pretty casual game starting with PvP and PvE in different modes and a game aimed for PvE mainly and a pretty easy one.

Is like you said but with others words, the chance for who died to continue playing that fight. Be part of the fight with a second chance.

The cost of it is revert the merit of the winner, who kill you.

Lets said a 1v2 situation, the 1 maybe handle the situation to kill one of the 2, a merit because is fighting an outnumbered fight, but that guy from the ground is still fighting, hitting and cc you, helping his teammate who is trying to ress him, and that is where that suck.

Downed state penalize the merit of who win. Undoing what you done with effort.

For example do you remember the SEGA arcade game DAYTONA? That game helped with speed boost to who was behind in the race, to make the race more “competitive”, if you was in the lead, the cars behind you had a speed boost to catch you up. THIS IS THE SAME.

(edited by urieldhynne.2743)

in WvW

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Just want to voice my support for the removal of stealth stomp. Any action which practically guarantees in an insta-kill should not be in stealth.

IMO, there is insufficient risk and countermeasures to stealth stomping.

If you stomp using stability, you can still be DPS’ed down in those few vulnerable seconds.

As for eles in Mist Form, I oppose that in principle as well. However, the eles who do that don’t often survive afterwards.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

No.

Unless they remove stability and blind stomping they should not remove stealth stomping.

Got nothing against against stealth stomp, but being unable to KB(quite often) target making the stomp animation w/o stability or me being blinded, i would appreciate some fix…

also having problems with guardian down skill sometimes do not KB target

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

so many players in here who need to l2p, I fail to understand how a stealth stomp > stability stomp, invuln stomp, … .
If the player is in stealth casting his stomp, your friends can still CC and interrupt him. If it’s 1v1, then you already lost no matter what, stealth stomp or not.
When an ele stomps you in mist form, there’s nothing that will stop him unless you get rezzed, stealthed(!!!) or port away. Same with stability stomp unless you can boonrip and interrupt him in time.

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

Easy fix here don’t get downed

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

in WvW

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Why should I have to kill you twice to begin with?

You don’t kill anyone twice, you down them, then kill them from stealth without needing to reveal yourself leaving the player or his team mates little to no change.

And as a Thief you spend 80% of the combat in stealth, when you do come out, surprise surprise, you deal extra damage.
If you see you can’t kill your target you walk away and then brag you win 95% of fights.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Murashin.8295

Murashin.8295

No.

But I have a suggestion: just avoid get downed
With my 30-25-0-0-15 Warrior it works very well!
But I bet you do not play Warriors…. You know… they can’t be killed by Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

This is the only mmo in the mmo market where this is allowed.

Even upcoming and future mmo’s Does Not and Will Not incorporate this Tyrannic and Unjust system.

So………

what is Guild Wars 2 Justification for incorporating it?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

Avoid players frustration? Lower the penalization for lose with a second chance? Keep you in the fight as long as you can?

Be part of the situation. No matter what. If you get out of that fight because you die is boring.

Arenanet wants this game fun. At what cost? Well… all we knows the cost of rally bot mechanic and penalization for who win or kill someone.

The problems of casual games… is funny the firsts times, is frustrating when you learn how to play it.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Even upcoming and future mmo’s Does Not and Will Not incorporate this Tyrannic and Unjust system.

So………

There are still MMOs that have a severe death penalty which includes dropping all gear on death, having to run back to corpse to retrieve gear and many other systems. GW2 has one of the most gentle death penalties of any MMO I have every played actually. Some MMOs also come with a one-shot kill mechanism on some classes… barring a crap build or uplevel this doesn’t happen in GW2 either.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I want to know why this is allowed at all.

It makes no sense that I never see some thieves and then am not able to use any “downed” skills at all to even have a 10% chance of getting up again.

No F2 Ranger pet works, so a pet can’t smell or sense a thief….

Right….. Just… Right….

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

atheria.2837

So………

There are still MMOs that have a severe death penalty which includes dropping all gear on death, having to run back to corpse to retrieve gear and many other systems. GW2 has one of the most gentle death penalties of any MMO I have every played actually. Some MMOs also come with a one-shot kill mechanism on some classes… barring a crap build or uplevel this doesn’t happen in GW2 either.

Penalty? What penalty? I’ve never seen a penalty in WvW…

Repair? HA! Gone, never was a deterrant or penalty.

Time? Yeah maybe that is our penalty and the only one that matters.

Thieves are given something that no other character can do, kill without many being able to stop you – unseen.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

atheria.2837

I’d go for a pet who has a CHANCE to reveal… geeze.

Animals can smell anything and this “out of reality” into the “pets don’t have any senses” is just nuts in a fantasy game and keeps it from being immersable at all.

Some games you can lose yourself in for a while… not this one. Never this one.

in WvW

atheria.2837

the problem is that the downed ablitys are not balenced at all eather…
ele gets 3 sec invulnerbility and the chance to move into tower etc.
and ranger gets a 1 sec daze that cant be cast on a stealthed target or one with stablity…

My Ranger skills never works against a decent thief. Never. Never. Never. Never.

in WvW

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

It makes no sense that I never see some thieves and then am not able to use any “downed” skills at all to even have a 10% chance of getting up again.

Right….. Just… Right….

Congrats dear Ranger.
Guardians, Mesmers, Necromancers and Elementarists can counter a stealth stomp.

Thieves are given something that no other character can do, kill without many being able to stop you – unseen.

Let me share you a secret, you need to be at around 120 radius of the target to stomp it.
You “unseen” looks pretty visible to me.

But then again, I must be an ESP. I can see invisible stuff.

(edited by SoulSin.5682)

in WvW

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

So………

Ahahahahahaha — You Go Burnfall baby !

Burnfall says, “Tyrannic and Unjust system” !!!

I Love it man, it almost sounds as if you were talking about something important; instead of it just being that you’re upset because you don’t play cartoon video games very well .

Keep them coming Burn baby !

For Justice, Balance and Fairness !!! (rofl)

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

1. Remove and replace all hard CC, stealth, movement, and invulnerable abilities from downstate.
-Players that are downed are relegated to a vulnerable stationary team support role until they get back up or die, relying completely on their team to delay a stomp.

2. Upon attempting to stomp a player, remove all stealth, stability, and invulnerable states.
-Less gayness that trivializes having the downstate altogether. Perhaps increase downstate health loss over time and reduce healing rate to compensate.

(edited by NornBearPig.9814)

in WvW

atheria.2837

Right….. Just… Right….

Congrats dear Ranger.

Let me share you a secret, you need to be at around 120 radius of the target to stomp it.

I don’t ever see a thief anywhere near me when downed or being stomped.

The camera view from downed doesn’t allow the same view as normal so even if you twist around you can’t see the thief and then you are dead without a single downed skill that worked or even had a chance to work.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Right….. Just… Right….

Congrats dear Ranger.

Your “secret” isn’t valid for Rangers apparently.

in WvW

Posted by: Caspian.2814

Caspian.2814

Necro is still sad…

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Right….. Just… Right….

Congrats dear Ranger.

I don’t ever see a thief anywhere near me when downed or being stomped.

The camera view from downed doesn’t allow the same view as normal so even if you twist around you can’t see the thief and then you are dead without a single downed skill that worked or even had a chance to work.

If you used rapid fire and protect me to finish a downed thief none of his skills had a chance to work either. Most of the time if someone downs you in a fair fight you are dead no matter what. Unless you’re a ranger in drowned state or if you get lucky on mesmer with irogue. The solution to this is to not get downed in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Agreed and remove stability all together.

in WvW

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

impossible to fight 1v2/3 sometimes even if you kill them all, rally bot, uplevels rallying enemies, rally bot, some classes can ress without problem like guardian, warrior, etc, no skill balance from the ground (some classes had huge advantage), rally bot, i said rally bot?

This. Especially bold part, unless they’re just brain-dead. Just take it out, and balance skills to match. It’s a waste of time on both sides of the issue.