how long is the wvw pip ban on transfers?

in WvW

Posted by: darksoverign.5360

darksoverign.5360

I transferred a little over a week before the update came into place but didn’t bother playing wvw till it launched and now I’m penalised for 1 match.. just wondering if that means 1 skirmish or the entire week.. and do I have to play during the week to get credit.. I want to start getting my pips but this is a bit annoying since when I transferred I didn’t know we were gonna get penalised.. any help would be apreciated

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried the WvW sub-forum? Or the Dev Tracker? The Wiki?

Good luck.

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/No-Loyalty-Bonus
Everyone is starting at ground zero to get the loyalty perk we have to have 100 pips for three weeks. Then we start getting the bonus but you must keep reaching the 100 pip a week if you don’t anet deems you not loyal. You then have to restart over getting 100 pips for three weeks

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Everyone is starting at ground zero to get the loyalty perk we have to have 100 pips for three weeks. Then we start getting the bonus but you must keep reaching the 100 pip a week if you don’t anet deems you not loyal. You then have to restart over getting 100 pips for three weeks

The loyalty bonus is different from the transfer one. You can’t earn any pips until you’ve been on a server for a whole match. So if you plan on transferring ever you should do it before a reset so you are only waiting the minimum 7 days.

It sounds like the OP transferred on a day other than a Friday.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

That post says ACTIVE not TRANSFERRED.

The question is a good one… Three weeks from what?

The answer is this ‘requirement’ should have been told to players in an email to ALL players so they wouldn’t have this issue but hey, this is Anet we’re talking about…

It’s baloney… and it is yet another thing that players will give as a reason never to play WvW again.

Loyalty isn’t ‘from three weeks ago’, loyalty is a server that isn’t being abused by links and queues.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

You will need to play 1 complete Matchup on the new Server so it is if you transfer on a thursday 8 Days till the next matchup in which you will earn pips as far as i know

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The answer is this ‘requirement’ should have been told to players in an email to ALL players so they wouldn’t have this issue but hey, this is Anet we’re talking about…

It’s baloney… and it is yet another thing that players will give as a reason never to play WvW again.

Loyalty isn’t ‘from three weeks ago’, loyalty is a server that isn’t being abused by links and queues.

LOL seriously?! Players are going never going to play again because they have to wait to get a reward that they were never getting before? WvW players have been playing for years without these rewards. Sounds like the bandwagons wheels are starting to wobble a bit.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

people who transferred need to be in at least 1 full match to get pip

that mean 1 week

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

3 weeks. so essentially, a month.
OR a week. idk im kinda confused tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

3 weeks. so essentially, a month.
OR a week. idk im kinda confused tbh.

3 weeks is for LOYALTY bonus.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: darksoverign.5360

darksoverign.5360

this forum is full of mixed signals… anet needs to clarify this beter than they have.. any forum mods wanna step in and help us or is this just a dead issue because it only effects the 10%… anet turning a blind eye to their own forums as usual guess i’ll just go back to taking someone who could be earning pips place in the que.. lol this is kittening stupid…

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Here a screen from someone who transferred saturday in last matchup

• Answer: 1 full match, before reset to following reset. Reset is weekly 6 PM server time (GMT) Friday

Attachments:

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

LOL seriously?! Players are going never going to play again because they have to wait to get a reward that they were never getting before? WvW players have been playing for years without these rewards. Sounds like the bandwagons wheels are starting to wobble a bit.

Not one word of your comment made any sense.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Seems i lost 2 week for transfering. Patch came too fast after they announce it.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Seems i lost 2 week for transfering. Patch came too fast after they announce it.

They also didn’t really explain anything until too late. I was told by the friends i transferred to play with it was gonna be a week. Here I only saw stuff that had to do with loyalty (not in the official message, I had to check in that forum about the necessary 100 pips /week to get loyalty).

I get it that they want to avoid people transferring for basically “cheating” but first it costs money to do it, and second, some moves are actually for legit reasons. I feel that moving after the announcement made sense. You get some interest in a mode, you wanna try it with friends.
Turns out it’s more like 2 weeks, 5 for loyalty. :/

(edited by Deihnyx.6318)