more ascended PvE grind in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Please stop making content that has a big affect on WvW but cannot be reasonably gained by doing wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

We’ve been telling them to stop for 13 months now but well, it’s over and done with. All the ascended gear is in and Colin’s on record sayin that there is no plan for any more gear tiers for probably several years now.

What I’m sayin, the only comfort I can give is that this is as bad as it gets (unless they add more stat upgrades to WXP! DON’T DO THAT ARENANET)

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

We have no choice but to accept the existence in game now.

Our only remaining options are:

a) Politely request that they make said items attainable in the game mode we choose to play, at a price proportional to the rewards we receive while in this game mode.

b) We bite the bullet and do what we hate.

c) Fold and get out of the game.

The ball is in their court, do they care, who knows?

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Well, seriously all they gotta do is increase the drop rate for ascended mats in WvW. T6 crafting materials are easy to obtain through salvaging lvl 80 gear (blues, greens, yellows). From that point onwards its a game of patience to build up a stockpile of mats. Only difference between PvE and WvW atm, in terms of gear, is that WvW takes a bit more time (2-3 weeks max).

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Flip 600-1000 keeps for your armor set. Better start now.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Flip 600-1000 keeps for your armor set. Better start now.

Or take SM about 400-600 times. In averge, i’d say SM gets flipped once every 10 minutes or so during primetime (EU T3) so it’ll take a while

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

We’ve been telling them to stop for 13 months now but well, it’s over and done with. All the ascended gear is in and Colin’s on record sayin that there is no plan for any more gear tiers for probably several years now.

Yes but they’ve left open the possibility of infusion upgrades.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Frigid.6027

Frigid.6027

ascended armor stats arent a huge increase, you’ll be okay

Bounce – [xoxo] Zerg Me Like You Love Me [oPP] Over Powered People

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Delete this message again if you want. I’m still not grinding for anything in GW2.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I laugh at these comments….so because exotics is a slight increase to rares, then we can use rares in WvW? why not just use greens? no wait blues work fine?

Of course it is a slight increase in stats…but it is that slight upgrade that keeps you alive in Zerg fights….

You can sya the same thing about food and oil. It is a slight increase so why bother? because 70+ vitality makes a huge difference when you are standing in 100 necro AoEs and ACs firing down on you..

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

Anet is not getting the memo…

in WvW

Zylonite.5913

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Actually, 5 of the 6 armor pieces only need lesser vision crystals which are 2 of each bar instead of 5.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Frigid.6027

Frigid.6027

I laugh at these comments….so because exotics is a slight increase to rares, then we can use rares in WvW? why not just use greens? no wait blues work fine?

Of course it is a slight increase in stats…but it is that slight upgrade that keeps you alive in Zerg fights….

You can sya the same thing about food and oil. It is a slight increase so why bother? because 70+ vitality makes a huge difference when you are standing in 100 necro AoEs and ACs firing down on you..

most people are 29-32k hp warriors in zerg fights. is 33k hp going to save your life? if you are down to 1k hp, odds are your backliners are dead and your melee train is slowly dying.

since you brought up zerg fights, meaning you run in the blob, im sure you’ve taken keeps/smc/garri. you have the mats you need anyway.

Bounce – [xoxo] Zerg Me Like You Love Me [oPP] Over Powered People

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Powerful fallacious argument right there. It made so little sense some people might actually think you are right.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

kitten that I’m going back to whites

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I can imagine how ascended is important in small scale fights. There really every 1k HP matters.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

What I’m sayin, the only comfort I can give is that this is as bad as it gets (unless they add more stat upgrades to WXP! DON’T DO THAT ARENANET)

Wasn’t Colin also the one who said you should have BiS gear by the time you hit level 80? Fool me once…

Moreoever, even if there’s no plan for more gear tier, a level cap increase will have the same effect — and I wouldn’t be surprised if they raised the level cap as a loophole to introduce more grind.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Does Ascended crap really matters ?

I found this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-Armor-Calculated-Heavy-only

the difference between ascended and exotic are very low, not sure if it will help at all in WvW
Difference
+60 Armor(on Heavy)
+13 Primary Stat
+11 Secondary Stat
+11 Secondary Stat

I already farmed once for my exotic equipe, not gonna repeat it again, im not a kitten carebear

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

They also said there will be no better gear than exotic at beginning, i will bet there will come a new tier of armor they are greedy and want more grind for all the PvE WoW kids.

They have broken so much promises in the past this will be the next.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

What do you guys do with your loot that makes this seem so unattainable? All I do is WvW. I salvage everything that hits my inventory and I only farm nodes to complete dailies if I’m in a hurry. Today, with the help of a crafting booster, I leveled armorsmith from 400-500 in under 15 minutes and for under 5 gold (plus some karma for the exotic recipes) as I already had all the materials needed.

Next step is to craft ascended armor, and I already have banked everything needed for a full set except for the new cloth mat on the 24hr cool down. That will take 23 more days, or a drastic price drop to complete all 6 pieces. The point of this post is not to show off or brag… Rather, it is simply to point out that everything was acquired only in WvW, and 15 minutes of crafting can hardly be considered a grind. Ascended armor is dead easy to get and I really don’t understand what the big deal is. Dragonite takes some time to get, sure, but if you are in such a hurry then bite the bullet and kill a couple of dragons. Otherwise craft the stuff on the 24hr cool down and gather it slowly along the way. WvW really does not preclude you from stockpiling crafting materials and making this new stuff…

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in WvW

Posted by: Epistemic.8013

Epistemic.8013

This is a fair point, but the disparity of acquiring mats in WvW and PvE shouldn’t be so significant in the first place.

in WvW

Zylonite.5913

most people are 29-32k hp warriors in zerg fights. is 33k hp going to save your life? if you are down to 1k hp, odds are your backliners are dead and your melee train is slowly dying.

since you brought up zerg fights, meaning you run in the blob, im sure you’ve taken keeps/smc/garri. you have the mats you need anyway.

>>most people are 29-32k hp warriors in zerg fights. is 33k hp going to save your life?
wrong…the 1 hp is going to save my life,,,,

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Whats funny is the elitist undertone of your comment. I test all my builds in Rares and only have a problem if the build is bad. Yeah the stat disadvantage is there but it is still a acceptable place holder till you can get exotics.

Also to the point why even bring up rares/greens/blues? Are they time gated? Are they expensive? Is a set of exotics even considered expensive?

The point is that while getting ascended armor will take a very long time in solely WvW, your disadvantage isn’t that bad and if you are chalking up a loss/death to gear then it may be a “L2P” issue…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Grinding the PvE BS requires more than my entire available playtime. I’d get no WvW at all if I do the pve crap. I wish A-net had actually kept their promises about avoiding being yet another grind driven mmo clone.

I have 3 ascended trinkets across all characters, zero ascended weapons, zero infusions and now I have a new grind for ascended armour to put me even further behind. Thanks A-net for the total U-turn on design promises regarding gear.

(edited by Kalan.9705)

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

>>most people are 29-32k hp warriors in zerg fights. is 33k hp going to save your life?
wrong…the 1 hp is going to save my life,,,,

Please stop with the slippery slope rubbish, you have no idea what marginal returns means.

in WvW

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I find it surprising that I’ve been able to gain all these PvE things while mostly being a WvW player—Well.. I do Guild Missions once a week too, and I do Living Story achievements, perhaps a dungeon when I need tokens for a Legendary.—But you make it sound impossible to, you know, play WvW as your main focus and make, e.g., Legendary weapons, Ascended and so on forth. What am I doing wrong?

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

You make Guild Mission → PvE
You make Living Story → PvE
You make Dungeons → PvE

And now you call yourself a WvW player?

WvW Players do WvW always!

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Exotic armor is a large increase from Rare, Exotic to Ascended armor is only something like 2-4 stat points (per stat) per hundred.

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

This is true. I’ve been stuck at spawn for the last 2 days, I simply can’t leave due to being camped by fully Ascended players, who undoubtedly are the most skilled players in the game since they’ve dedicated so much time farming PvE while polishing their WvW skills to pwn noobs like me and not give me a chance to have fun. I have no decided to retired to Lion’s Arch jumping around aimlessly until magical Ascended Armor falls into my backpack, the only way to compete in WvW now.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

kitten that I’m going back to whites

Wait. Wut? You wear armor in WvW? Dude, that’s totally not needed. It’s all about player skill, so run bare!!! You know you want to.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.