outnumbered bonus abuse

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Im not a harcore WvWer i tried years ago to raid whith my old clan but get tired of the “who have the bigger blob wins” mechanic but i play sometimes in not prime time hours to do some casual roaming and increase my wvw rank.
Today i observer some abuse playing arroud 12:30-13:30. i played in and enemy frontier where we was outnumbered and have to strugle whith the big enemy blob defendig the map but when time to get rewards come the enemy population drops instantly and outnumbered bonus disapears and after when new timer starts we get another time the outnumbered “bonus”, people are changing map for few seconds during reward time to get the outnumbered bonus that dont deserve and steals it from whom legitimately deserves it, this abuse have to be fixed in some way. 2 posible solutions:
-you need to stay in and outnumbered map a minimum amount of time to get it
-reward the points in a time base (now is five points in and aprox 5 minutes time frame) reward 1 point per minute outnumbered

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Steels your rewards? Seriously? You’re in for a rough WvW experience if you think that is why people are flipping maps. I’m sure a few are doing it but small wvw populations have to swing between maps to defend structures or stealth an objective and they’re not looking at the timer to make their moves.

SBI

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

megilandil.7506

Steels your rewards? Seriously? You’re in for a rough WvW experience if you think that is why people are flipping maps. I’m sure a few are doing it but small wvw populations have to swing between maps to defend structures or stealth an objective and they’re not looking at the timer to make their moves.

yeah, every time at reward tick…? exactly at reward tick? and return few seconds after?

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Or players from your own server are hopping onto the map.

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Bahahaha return a few seconds later? Most maps are Perma queued even early in the morning, doubt they were gone for a couple seconds I have yet to see queue drop below 25+ at any given time. Since the patch hit.

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

megilandil.7506

Or players from your own server are hopping onto the map.

if so(they are really stupid and not get the reward, but not “the public jumping tag” dont show on map), problem is still the same, people abusing the outnumbered reward mechanic

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

megilandil.7506

Bahahaha return a few seconds later? Most maps are Perma queued even early in the morning, doubt they were gone for a couple seconds I have yet to see queue drop below 25+ at any given time. Since the patch hit.

in this time frame my server is not permaqueued(only a small 4 queue in EB), and we are outnumbered in some maps.
And yes, otnumbered status disapears few seconds before tick and reapears few seconds after, and the next tick the same and the same

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Sly.9518

But you have zero proof of this abuse actually going on…..

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

megilandil.7506

But you have zero proof of this abuse actually going on…..

a founded suspicion based in:
-repetition of phenomenon
-know the “try to abuse mechanics” nature of much players

and this tread is a call to:
-other players if they have observed the same phenomenon
-anet to investigate and fix if so

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Sly.9518

Again you are making claims with no proof, i.e. Video or otherwise of such, as you stated being this is being repeated frequently. And if as you said they are stealing your reward… because your outnumbered buff goes away, then they wouldn’t be receding any reward either because outnumbered buff is gone.

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

Dont play for the outnumbered buff…..then you wont be angry. Its like buddhism. To eleminate suffering…

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

oh sweet sweet pve reward seeking children

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

I know its fun to give the OP a hard time but come on, you know if people can do this they will do it.

I don’t consider it abuse or whatever as its just getting to the maxed out reward faster not actually getting more, but I commanded on an outnumbered borderland off and on this morning and the waypoint/near camp was filled with semi-afk players (Heck I even joined them when I took a break for breakfast) so there are people farming this bonus. And where there is farming, there will be optimisation (eg outnumbered bonus).

More to the OP’s point, the outnumbered bonus would often disappear on the tick, indeed I received 50 outnumbered ticks for the 83 ticks I have so far. In team chat it was clear people were doing what the OP described, as well as me seeing a sudden influx at the waypoint at the tick at one point that disappeared after.

I’d like to reiterate that I don’t care nor do I think this is a problem, but if you have outnumbered BLs, people can and will do it. I have no proof other than my testimony, because I didn’t care.

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

megilandil.7506

Again you are making claims with no proof, i.e. Video or otherwise of such, as you stated being this is being repeated frequently. And if as you said they are stealing your reward… because your outnumbered buff goes away, then they wouldn’t be receding any reward either because outnumbered buff is gone.

yeah, i can mark a player (whith generic name) that leaves and enter the enemy respawn to view them reapear, LOL
and they receive the normal reward or the outnumbered reward if they jump to a map where they are outnumbered, the bonus is for outnumbered players not for who outnumbers
another time: i observed this curious phenomenon(outnumbered bonus only banishing few seconds before tick time and reapear few seconds after), repeated various times in a time frame of and hour, and this is a call to who can trully get the facts (anet)to investigate and if so fix it to a more apropiate form of giving that bonus

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

yeah, i can mark a player (whith generic name) that leaves and enter the enemy respawn to view them reapear, LOL
and they receive the normal reward or the outnumbered reward if they jump to a map where they are outnumbered, the bonus is for outnumbered players not for who outnumbers
another time: i observed this curious phenomenon(outnumbered bonus only banishing few seconds before tick time and reapear few seconds after), repeated various times in a time frame of and hour, and this is a call to who can trully get the facts (anet)to investigate and if so fix it to a more apropiate form of giving that bonus

How do you get close enough, without another player or the legendary guards killing you, in order to see that?

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

It does happen, it is happening right now on CD BL for HoD. Right before the tick happens, population fluctuates, removing the outnumbered buff, then after the tick, they fluctuate again and outnumbered comes right back again

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

every time i see someone complaining about losing their outnumber buff, i call out in team chat that the BL is outnumbered to ensure the buff stays off. The mechanic is not meant for abuse, nor should it be the sole reason to play on the map.w

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

every time i see someone complaining about losing their outnumber buff, i call out in team chat that the BL is outnumbered to ensure the buff stays off. The mechanic is not meant for abuse, nor should it be the sole reason to play on the map.w

This is also a poor thing to do, because it would essentially make people go there thinking they would get a buff, then just sit in spawn, not helping any map at all (whichever one they were pulled from in the first place, or the new one)

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I see it as two birds with one stone. Annoying people promoting keeping a map empty, and annoying people hopping for the buff with no intention of playing. If its timed well, the BL they leave wont go outnumbered before the tick hits.

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’s a bit ridiculous in its current state. Tick ends, everyone hops around to find an outnumbered map, then goes back to whatever they were doing. I mean, for most players that’s more than double their pips for the tick if they manage to get the buff when it rolls over.

possible solutions:

• lower outnumbered pips so that people are less tempted to map-hop
  • only apply outnumbered pip bonus if you’ve been on a map for the full tick, or always apply it if you were on an outnumbered map at the start of the tick.
  • rebalance servers based on active population to reduce queues and outnumbered situations

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

Use t chat outnumbered calls to open maps so guild can get in..works like a charm.

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Seiken.3176

Seiken.3176

Hello,

I’ve played 23,5 hours in WvW since the update (thank the UI and tic tracker!) and this was 90% in an outnumbered map. (day time from 9 AM to 4/6PM so NO queue)

I’ve noticed the fact at almost each tic, something like 25 to 10 seconds BEFORE the tic, we lose the outnumber bonus (+5pip) and 1 sec to 10 sec AFTER we get the outnumber buff.

But, this way, no way to benefit this +5 pip which are supposed to give a “reward” to the players who do their best during the hardest time (always 3rd position, outnumbered +90/95% of the session, … thanks opponents to farm us at the spawn its always a pleasure!)

This is my opinion, but I supposed there are some switchers/leechers who switch maps before each tic in order to be sure to get the most pip, aka LOOKING FOR OUTNUMBERED. This way : real players who “deserve” it don’t get it, and switchers do theirs best to maximize theirs playtime.

Here’s my suggestion, cauz outnumber buff is good :
- make the outnumber buff last for 5 minutes (one tic) minimum
BUT
- if you haven’t been on the SAME map for 5 minutes (one tic) you cant enjoy the +5pip bonus from outnumber (but you can enjoy the regular bonus from outnumber).

Piece of proof : screenshot + stats
I’ve played 283 tic (283 tic * 5 min = 23.58 hours)
=> 234 tic for 3rd position
=> 48 tic for 2nd position (96/2)
=> 1 tic for 1st position (3/3)
but only 102 tic from outnumber (510/5)
I can’t prove I’ve been playing 90 to 95% of my playtime with outnumber, but it’s a fact.

BONUS : the amount of tickets for each rewards, included the junk ones are toooooooooooo high, need a balance asap. PLZ

Attachments:

(edited by Seiken.3176)

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

To fix the issue, they’d have to stop awarding the “outnumbered” pips based off a binary, all-or-nothing mechanic that’s enforced at the tick. Find some way to track how long a player has played while having that buff and award based on that. Then a player who spent 2 minutes out of a 5-minute time period outnumbered would earn 40% of the maximum “outnumbered” pips. Ideally, this individual tracker could follow a player from map to map.

Or make playing while outnumbered contribute to a stacking effect. For every minute (or half-minute) worth of game time you spend on an outnumbered map, you get 1 stack of [X]. Then when the tick comes in, you get a certain number of pips based off how many stacks of [X] you have.

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

they were talkin about this on CD in ebg today….it was honestly the stupidest conspiracy theory to date i’ve sat through.

i think people just need something to be angry at. when winning was the meta (aka before tuesday), people always blamed numbers saying anyone who was beating them was just winning through size and that they were powerless.

now that the goal is pips….we have naturally moved into the OP’s wonderful ideas on how they are being cheated.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ya I thought this thread was silly but ingame people were like just watch, and sure enough…

Enemies leave map to find outnumbered buffs and allies come to outnumbered maps to find the buff leaving people actually playing outnumbered sol.

I joke and say they now need map loyalty bonus. People will literally do anything for loot at the expense of others.

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I’m going with Seiken on that topic.
I play in daytime (no prime), and mostly on DBL. So let’s just say that I’m almost always playing outnumbered. Yet, just before the tick, outnumbered vanishes, and it comes back afterwards.

I’m going to the same conclusion : players are expecting DBL to be empty, and thus have the outnumbered bonus, stack in the map for tick, and remove the outnumbered bonus.

I think the bonus should be a “bonus granted for next tick” thing, instead of based on current map status. Like, if you played more than, say 75% of the skirmish outnumbered, then you gain the outnumbered +5 bonus for next tick only.

outnumbered bonus abuse

in WvW

Posted by: Seiken.3176

Seiken.3176

Hello, just to add more proofs, it happened today, Saturday 10:30 AM :

1st screen : OUTNUMBERED is ON, 59s left for the pip,
2nd screen : OUTNUMBERED is ON, 32s left for the pip,
3rd screen : OUTNUMBERED has vanished at 20s left for the pip,
4th screen : OUTNUMBERED still OFF, 01s left for the pip,
5th screen : OUTNUMBERED is back, new pip 04:54 left for the new pip.

This prove there are some/lots of leechers/switchers.

+

If you keep an eye on my pip (5th screen),
I’ve got 7 pip : 1from 3rd position, 1 from WvW rank 602, 5 from outnumbered
what ? Got OUTNUMBERED pip … this mean these leechers/switchers left the map between 01s and 00s because they saw there wasn’t OUTNUMBERED buff anymore.

To conclude, I don’t complain or cry, but this pip system + the behavior from players who want to maximize their playtime is a pain for WvW and it should be fixed.

Attachments:

(edited by Seiken.3176)