player/company interaction paradigm.

in WvW

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

So with some recent anet posts, i think its clear that this level/style of interaction pretty much normal and in line with their general plans. Just to be clear, im not really talking about moderation or forum rules here, im talking about how information is disseminated, future plans, feedback, etc.

I understand it, it makes sense.

Still i think its a bad plan. Its not working to your advantage.

As things currently stand, anet doesnt seem to get much out of the interaction, we got bad blood, feelings of abandonment, uncertainty, poor misdirected feedback. The players also get very little.

So, change it. Anet likes to be agile, and willing to change their overall plans in order to adapt, however the interaction is basically similar to the type of interaction that was expected while the game was in development.

I live in nyc, i take the train, they have many long term projects, but they can tell you what they are planning years ahead. I can see all the maintenance plans for the next _ months. They can literally tell me now, they are working on new stations they plan to finish 2 years from now. And to be honest its not even as important, and directly related to customer retention that they do that, as it would be for anet.

Tell people what you are planning, you will actually get less whining for being late than they currently have for an information black out.

Tell people what are important goals of the current developments, this allows them to give feedback more closely relevant and related to what you are developing.

Get some people who arent on the dev team, but can communicate BOTH ways. Its not really the devs job to come in here and talk/tell us what they are doing, but it should be someones job, This product makes more money, the more people believe in it. People have to feel this mode has a future, it doesnt really have to be everything they want, but they have to feel that its going to evolve/grow/change.

Anyhow basically, im just saying that while i understand your paradigm for player interaction, and its your choice, i think it would be in the best interest of all parties if you decided to change it.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Customers are like gremlins: keep ‘em in the dark, and don’t get them wet.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet likes to be agile, and willing to change their overall plans in order to adapt

Where did you get this from?

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Customers are like gremlins: keep ‘em in the dark, and don’t get them wet.

Dont forget to feed them at midnight, or was it to not feed them?

in WvW

phys.7689

Anet likes to be agile, and willing to change their overall plans in order to adapt

Where did you get this from?

well this is what they have said at game developer conferences, and they have been known to make large scale changes to basic things. Doesnt mean one loves the changes, but if they feel like they should, they will turn the game on its head.

in WvW

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Blizzard changes their plans all the time, and they still manage to put information out.

in WvW

phys.7689

Blizzard changes their plans all the time, and they still manage to put information out.

yep, i find it odd that people say this is the only way to do business with customers, when its almost never the case.

TV series/movies are anounced when they are just ideas in someones head. Bars tell you what events they have planned months ahead. Video games are talked about even in early development( i remember being told to sign up for the gw2 beta coming soon when i bought eye of the north, boy did that plan change), plans for buildings are decided from even before the lots are purchased. When is the last time you were given virtually no information about what to expect on almost any product that is being developed?

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

1: Ive got an idea!
2: Whats your idea?
1: I can’t tell you, sorry!
2: Why is that?
1: I have to come up with the idea first!
2: @@;

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube