pls nerf epidemic in wvw map

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Meh, a buddy and I (condi engi and reaper) like wrecking small groups with just the 2 of us. I load one up and he spreads em and watched em fall. Its all coordination. We actually won a 2v4 because of this. Help he also corrupts boon due to a heavy boon meta (hense why we typically pick a rev to load up, he corrupts and epis).

When fighting vs a reaper, spread out and try to range or power burst.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Personally I think if they made the skill blockable and made it ignore torment and confusion stacks it would be a more balanced trait. Still a lot of potential for hurt, but atleast cleanses have a chance now against a well hit epi.

Nothing is worse then seeing 15 stacks of confusion and torment on you at the same time.. can’t run due to torment, can’t stay due to enemies, all you can do is pop what cleanse/invulns you have left and hope you don’t down from pressing the skill.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Condi is a reaction to mitigation ramp. Condi became viable because mitigation is so stupidly good now, that small man glass groups just are not effective at all. Anyone proposing condi be nerfed when it’s just a symptom are asking for an EVEN SLOWER meta. Conditions are the last line to countering the main problem.

If you instead focus your attention on a world of non-HoT mitigation and healing, then glass comes back. Glass comes back, condi groups simply don’t have relevent ramp damage comparatively. The difference between now and classic GW2 re: condi usage is that glass groups kept condi groups in serious check if equal skill levels*.

*Also if people realized that Resistance is in no way a counter to condi. It was so much harder putting conditions on good groups that use actual cleanses. That actually requires more group coordination though so people will just keep thinking pumping Resistance will save them from epis.

Yes, defenses are overtuned, but so are the HoT power damage options. You have abilities like True Shot and CoR that are 1200+ range dealing the same or more damage than abilities like Backstab which required melee range on a squishy class with a lower effective number of casts per time to pull off. You’ve got mesmers running nine clone shatters in rapid succession due to the reset options on Chrono. You’ve got Berserker running around with major damage modifier bumps compared to core warrior (if core warrior had access to Berserker’s damage modifiers it would kill shot for over 40k). Druid/HoT pet options deal tremendously more damage and apply way more pressure and utility than before with lower cooldowns. Scrapper hammer coefficients are several times higher than their core counterparts and have lower cooldowns. Daredevil allows for almost the same damage increase potential as the single most-damage-increasing trait line in the entire game with its weapon allowing a repeated, no-cooldown AoE version of backstab that does even more damage.

And then you have a plethora of passive and just poorly-designed traits in the game to punish people playing aggressively for no reason whatsoever (a la Heavy light).

Literally everything in HoT needs to be gored for this game to become even remotely balanced again, but that’s not going to happen because people would cry they’re no longer OP and the game doesn’t play itself.

Conditions are the future because they never got nerfed, because they ignore half of the ridiculous defenses in the game, and because they allow for a full defensive build to deal equivocal if not superior damage over power builds, which would otherwise be OP if not checked by HoT’s defenses without getting the HoT powercreep of its offenses nerfed correspondingly. Not to mention they’re balanced or weak in PvE which is what ANet balances around.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Tone it down? I’m okay with that.
However, don’t make it blockable. Blocks are overabundant and broken right now.
Also, Necromancer needs significant compensation, it is in a really bad spot right now.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

epic is pretty strong move in zerging nothing game breaking.

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

epic is pretty strong move in zerging nothing game breaking.

It doesn’t need to be game breaking for a skill to be slightly toned down.

I am a teef
:)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

20 hammer reves could COR 20 necros down before they even get epidemic range.

^This is what’s hilarious to me^. There are better ways to focus than epi bombs.

in WvW

Posted by: Joao.3410

Joao.3410

Epidemic is so broken right now it’s crazy. Just stack 100% condi duration and load up a pet or an NPC with a bunch of condis and it’s over… zero counterplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Epidemic is so broken right now it’s crazy. Just stack 100% condi duration and load up a pet or an NPC with a bunch of condis and it’s over… zero counterplay.

But everybody is immune to condi anyways because of resistance.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

But everybody is immune to condi anyways because of resistance.

that why meta is switching in to heavy nul field mimic play with intrup resistance stealing sigil.

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I think the most hilarious thing about it is the epidemic off siege. Anyone standing near that cannon with 20 stacks of just about every condi in the game insta explodes.

How does a cannon become confused, or poisoned?

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]