save wvw - break up the top tier groups

in WvW

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

u know what the t1 servers are going to say after we break up their day and night over populated coverage ?

“glad they found a solution, i really didn’t like the other guilds on this server anyway” – these guys are together because they want to win, not because they admire each other.

That’s a pretty out-there statement. What evidence do you have of this? I personally am on FA which has one of if not the best NA crew and all the guilds are like family here. Most of the guilds that don’t get along transfer out.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I’m glad that Ricky isn’t in charge of WvW development.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

why, cuz I think you actually need skill to win ? lol

and that wonderful family is going to be full of tears when everyone leaves your server because being overpopulated won’t mean anything for a win.

kill the overpowered servers!!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Why since you have a problem with tier 1 servers do you have to effect me with a population cap or any of your other ideas? It doesn’t bother me at all to be out manned especially when a little team of roamers are able to take on larger numbers and win.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

easy, you should not be able to pay to win. an overpopulated server is an easy win, transferring to an overpopulated server should have zero advantage.

Kill the overpopulated server advantage. Kill the ques save the whales!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

I say go ahead and let them have a que to even get into wvw and when they do finally get there fight lag. I don’t play WvW for points I play for fights – a good fight isn’t easy.

Fill the ques nuke the whales!

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i have zero doubts that the lower tier servers would wipe the FLOOR with the overpopulated wvw servers if they got sliced up into small wvw groups ….why ? because the t1 got soft skinned from traveling in big gangs …they have zero strategy! they are the orcs of society!

in WvW

TheAmpca.1753

easy, you should not be able to pay to win. an overpopulated server is an easy win, transferring to an overpopulated server should have zero advantage.

I don’t know why you are so convinced that all the top tier servers just win because of sheer numbers. Sure they are ranked higher on a rating scale that is used to determine who they fight which is really all about making sure large servers dont completely obliterate small. I mean all the high population servers can’t win if they fight eachother. There is nothing gained by being rank 1 or 7 or 20 for that matter. Sure when Leagues come out there will be, but Devon said that gold rank 4 would get worse rewards than say silver rank 2.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Honestly if you spread out the servers so that every server has the same amount of people and has strengths in all time zones that would just make the game mode too bland. Sure there are some servers who do stuff differently (TC sits behind arrow carted towers and keeps all day, while FA plays more like an EU server who spend most of the time roaming around looking for fights) which does add some diversity, true “balance” is bland and boring.

I believe that there should be more tools for smaller groups to outplay larger groups, but population wise I think WvW is quite well done.

This made me lol. Last matchup it was a pain for me and my small party to find any roaming FA groups that didn’t just turn tail and run into the nearest structure and get on siege.

I do agree that some things need to be changed to not benefit the larger groups so heavily though. The downed state and rally systems being changed might help this.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

the facts are, the lower tier servers have many times been outnumbered and still hung in there while most of your bandwaggon population ran to be in t1 servers.

T1 servers would get served – they never had to face impossible odds, they are weak, they are full of guilds that run to safety.

in WvW

Posted by: Calsifer.6079

Calsifer.6079

Agreed, we need servers to have closer populations or at least have populations that balance each other out. I remember when the new matchmaking systems first kicked in and us on CD got YB and KN. Those two CD/YB/KN match ups were the most brilliant fun I’ve ever had in WvW and that’s because both weeks, the score was within 2000 of each other until the final few days of the match up. Suffice to say I did NOT have fun when we got matched to TC and the only “roamers” I could find ran in groups upwards of 5 man.

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

and the fights should only last 12 hours long so we can nip this round the clock coverage nonsense in the bud!! the day shift and night shift.

Kill every last advantage the T1 bandwaggoning servers have and they will look like wet chickens! Promise!! it is after all what they are made of, chicken guilds that ran!

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

i have zero doubts that the lower tier servers would wipe the FLOOR with the overpopulated wvw servers if they got sliced up into small wvw groups ….why ? because the t1 got soft skinned from traveling in big gangs …they have zero strategy! they are the orcs of society!

you do know that a big chunk of SoR moved there when it was the 17th place server, some servers are ranked where there at for a reason.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yeah, because they can’t take the heat. They needed the comfort of constant coverage and unreasonable odds. They ran to safety.

they would get stomped by maguuma, northern shiverspeaks, Ehmry Bay, darkhaven and others , all of which have intense pvp’rs that don’t run when the going gets tough.

T1 is for people who want easy wins. Nothing you can say will change that fact.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I already played along and have you the only reasonable idea that I think could be used to balance things out in this thread, you on the other hand are either a troll or to broke to move to tier 1, can’t figure out which yet.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Ricky.4706

neither, I have server pride and believe in our pvprs. They didn’t run. we’d own you on a level playing field.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

one possible idea to fix this would be what I’d like to coin – a balance of powers mechanism – the total dps and health of the server you are fighting – gets spread out to the opposing server ….. so if server A has 500 people that can do, 1 million dps total – and server B only has 10 people ….the game balances the power by giving those 10 people – 100k dps each along with the the equivalent health – then it would be fun to fight the odds and be underdog. I’d love nothing more than to get swarmed and zap out 10 people at a time with 1 shot. THAT would be FUN and Justice.

WoW did something like that in the “pvp zone” added in WoTLK.
It wasn’t fun.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

12 hour matches, with a population cap will turn the tides.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Just saw Blackgate, “ranked tier 1 in North American WvW”, has put up a recruitment thread.

I am sure luring guilds from lower ranked servers (let’s say Borlis Pass) will make for fun gameplay when Blackgate plays against Borlis Pass. BG will need all the help they can get to be +695 24/7.

Some NA people still haven’t realised that especially after league starts there will be no such thing as T1 anymore and JQ/SoR/BG will rarely be playing each other.

Close battles are much more fun than final score or winning any league.

All I saw was a QQ. BG has not ticked 695 in a looonnggg time, whereas, SoS did almost every day of last week. Hypocrisy much?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Ricky.4706

a server loyalty bonus is also in order.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

I was just thinking about it, this league stuff, punishes people who are loyal to their servers – we really should get some perks for sticking to our guns and server pride. we should have bonus stats to our accounts for every month we’ve been loyal to our servers!

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Busting up the tier 1 severs isn’t the solution.

The solution is to separate WvW from the PvE servers, and to cut the total number of WvW servers back to a number that better fits how many people play WvW.

NB: The idea that WvW is an extension of PvE world simply hasn’t worked. WvW players may care about the PPT benefits in PvE, but the PvE players never notice them. The only thing the current PvE-WvW link really does is give PvE players a default WvW server to join.

The down side of the current PvE-WvW link is that, unless they start on sever that already has a strong WvW presence, PvE players who develop a serious interest in WvW often have to leave their PvE community if they want to get invovled with a stronger WvW community. Rather than strengthening the ties between PvE and WvW, this has the effect of further undermining those already weak ties on severs with low WvW participation.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Yes, let’s tear apart the communities of thousands of players so your server of fifty players can do better at WvW. Talk about a self-entitlement complex...

Thanks Obama!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Ricky.4706

self entitlement is a group of bandwagoners that pay to transfer to the winning server unbalance the game and overwhelm everyone who is loyal to their servers.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

honestly t1 servers should never ever be matched up with anything alese than t1. they should be a league by them self. im on fa and facig sor (geez ty anet) this week and we really really worked hard, but sitting on 40 ppt atm. is this fun for 7 days?no! t1 is soo stacked that it should get its own ranking and own matchup.
no other tier ever wants to face 70 man zergs 24/7. and the 3 bloodlust make that zerg even more unbeatable….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Just saw Blackgate, “ranked tier 1 in North American WvW”, has put up a recruitment thread.

I am sure luring guilds from lower ranked servers (let’s say Borlis Pass) will make for fun gameplay when Blackgate plays against Borlis Pass. BG will need all the help they can get to be +695 24/7.

Some NA people still haven’t realised that especially after league starts there will be no such thing as T1 anymore and JQ/SoR/BG will rarely be playing each other.

All I saw was a QQ. BG has not ticked 695 in a looonnggg time, whereas, SoS did almost every day of last week. Hypocrisy much?

Why does everything have to be about SOS for you?

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Ricky.4706

that’s not fair either – they don’t like fighting the same bloated servers over and over – There are a few groups of people that don’t need a ton of zergs to win – they are the ones that constantly bring all these servers to number one …and thats honorable – whats NOT honorable is when everyone flocks to say they are a part of them and turn those guys strategy into this massive ball of meat.

We have some pretty mean pvp strategists in the mid tiers that would have fun fights vs these guys – we will never see those fights if they are covered in fat. It’s not justice to them, and its not justice to pvp’rs who would rather face the odds than join a bloated server to play hard.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

why, cuz I think you actually need skill to win ? lol

and that wonderful family is going to be full of tears when everyone leaves your server because being overpopulated won’t mean anything for a win.

kill the overpowered servers!!

Ricky spvp, where everything is even, is that way >>>>>>

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Peetee.9406

self entitlement is a group of bandwagoners that pay to transfer to the winning server unbalance the game and overwhelm everyone who is loyal to their servers.

lol

Transferring to another server is being proactive. Those players didn’t like their current situation so they went and found a better situation. It’s called moving up in the world, its what every person in every walk of life should strive for.

You could transfer as well but you won’t because you’re not proactive. Instead of going out and finding a better situation for yourself, you’d rather force others into your bad situation. It’s selfish and greedy, nothing less.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Ricky.4706

nope, we have great pvp strategists on our server and I am happy there – the transfer bunnies are smothering the people we want to fight. ^.^

in WvW

Peetee.9406

If you’re happy where you are and others are happy where they than there was no need to make this thread now was there?

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yes there was, we have every right to fight for first place – but we don’t want to fight T1 groupies. Population and being outnumbered is a lame excuse for a win, we want to fight the core people that believed …before everyone else followed.

in WvW

Peetee.9406

Again, self-entitlement is bad.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Ricky.4706

that’s why the t1 groupies have got to go! they aren’t entitled to any bragging rights.

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Because SoS QQs about destacking when it did just that a few months ago. When you balance tier 3 by sending your oceanics to anvil rock, i will consider destacking. I don’t only reply to SoS posters, but when I do, you are always there to point that out. Do you actually play the game or do you just spend your time policing the forums?

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Because SoS QQs about destacking when it did just that a few months ago. When you balance tier 3 by sending your oceanics to anvil rock, i will consider destacking.

Not sure your point? We did destack as did IoJ and one of the positives was it spread the oceanics around. At least half a dozen servers now have a significant oceanic presence. Led directly to BG and SoR doing as well as they have been.

Everything changes in two weeks. There will be no more tiers. BG will be playing against servers ranked 11 and 12. Interesting to see reactions of the players in what will be unchallenging matchups for them for most of the seven weeks.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

that’s not fair either – they don’t like fighting the same bloated servers over and over – There are a few groups of people that don’t need a ton of zergs to win – they are the ones that constantly bring all these servers to number one …and thats honorable – whats NOT honorable is when everyone flocks to say they are a part of them and turn those guys strategy into this massive ball of meat.

We have some pretty mean pvp strategists in the mid tiers that would have fun fights vs these guys – we will never see those fights if they are covered in fat. It’s not justice to them, and its not justice to pvp’rs who would rather face the odds than join a bloated server to play hard.

This is pretty true. Just look at the current TC/JQ/BG thread in matchups. We’re all having a frekkin’ blast!

Same thing when TC had just move up into T2 from T3… those were some of the best weeks I’ve ever had in WvW. Sure we didn’t get record breaking numbers or anything, but it was fun for everyone to have a new challenge and learn how to fight against the different tactics that each server was using (as well as learn from each other). We still have a solid friendship with BG from back then and have fun when we face them. I would be sad if we never got to pair up against them again

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

selan.8354

This is pretty true. Just look at the current TC/JQ/BG thread in matchups. We’re all having a frekkin’ blast!

Same thing when TC had just move up into T2 from T3… those were some of the best weeks I’ve ever had in WvW. Sure we didn’t get record breaking numbers or anything, but it was fun for everyone to have a new challenge and learn how to fight against the different tactics that each server was using (as well as learn from each other). We still have a solid friendship with BG from back then and have fun when we face them. I would be sad if we never got to pair up against them again

actually i had a blast vs bg/jq aswell. they were very nice….sor though is like woah!!!!!! they got insane numbers……the thing is 1 t2 vs 2 t1 servers is better as the 2 t1 serer will fight eachother too,but a t1 server vs 2 t2 servers…not so much.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

actually i had a blast vs bg/jq aswell. they were very nice….sor though is like woah!!!!!! they got insane numbers……the thing is 1 t2 vs 2 t1 servers is better as the 2 t1 serer will fight eachother too,but a t1 server vs 2 t2 servers…not so much.

Depends on the T1 server and the other servers you’re paired with in T2.

For example… BG doesn’t always just blob up (causes massive lag) and avoid even/outnumbered fights to try to get the most PPT (boring as all kitten).

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

selan.8354

Depends on the T1 server and the other servers you’re paired with in T2.

For example… BG doesn’t always just blob up (causes massive lag) and avoid even/outnumbered fights to try to get the most PPT (boring as all kitten).

true actually bg was fun, but it is pretty painful vs sor….whyy sooo seriouszzzzzz? stupid orbs ruin duels though :-(((((((

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Because SoS QQs about destacking when it did just that a few months ago. When you balance tier 3 by sending your oceanics to anvil rock, i will consider destacking.

Not sure your point? We did destack as did IoJ and one of the positives was it spread the oceanics around. At least half a dozen servers now have a significant oceanic presence. Led directly to BG and SoR doing as well as they have been.

Lol, the guilds left to join other top tier servers, so wasn’t a destack. And yes, all servers have oceanic presences, but the question is, how much? SoS was ticking 695 on multiple occasions during the last week. And that was against other tier 3 servers, so there is a clear difference in oceanic presences.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

TheAmpca.1753

Why don’t you just go recruit transfer players if you want your server to do better.

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

It’s funny how players are quick to complain about how horrible server stacking and population gaps are for WvW matches, but the instant the idea of breaking up the stacked servers is brought up, they get all defensive.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Why don’t you just go recruit transfer players if you want your server to do better.

Because with the leagues coming up no-one wants to transfer to a non t1 server? Imagine that..

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

TheAmpca.1753

Because with the leagues coming up no-one wants to transfer to a non t1 server? Imagine that..

FA recently recruited 2 big guilds, RISE and Meow. FA is not T1.
They also said silver league place 2 would be better than say gold league place 5 so I don’t see why you should complain.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

cap wvw so this server recruiting nonsense can come to an end – recruiting is for guilds …not servers.

Give us bonuses for being loyal to our server and these bandwagon guilds the penalties they deserve!!

The bandwagon players are the ones that made wvw a big unbalanced mess, you shouldn’t reward them for messing up the game.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

FA recently recruited 2 big guilds, RISE and Meow. FA is not T1.
They also said silver league place 2 would be better than say gold league place 5 so I don’t see why you should complain.

Oh your right… sorry. FA gets transfers… and what rank are they?? Rank 5… so your right… being rank 14 I shouldnt complain that a rank 5 is getting transfers and a rank 14 is losing guilds and numbers TOO the Rank five. My bad…

Tier 1 and Tier 2 servers are so oblivious to what everyone else is dealing with it is simply amazing.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

Anet needs to stop rewarding treason, and t1 and t2 needs to stop thinking they have skills ….they are fat …nothing more. bloated servers are full of traitors and groupies, players who ran from their servers because they didn’t have the skill or the courage to face difficult challenges.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Well this started off as a decent topic for discussion, but has devolved I see. Well good luck….

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Ricky.4706

it’s the truth though, everytime my server got on a winning streak, we suddenly got swarmed with new guilds ….the minute we faced a challenge or there was some event that an over populated server had a clear advantage , everyone would leave – Our core players are great and really deserve more respect than that. It was hard enough dealing with a whole new population of commanders ……then dealing with a ghost town and having to get re-organized all over again. It’s happened more than once, lucky for us our core players are stronger than that, but it’s annoying all the same – wish they would have stayed out – we started winning without them – then to suddenly have our maps filled with 5 commanders running to the same spots like the new kids on the block wanting to take over. Every time we get new guilds, the first few weeks of adjusting to their commanders is a joke.

These transferring guilds are a problem and the reason why anything anet adds to wvw won’t work ….they are the cause of lag, unbalanced matches, and long ques. sorry if that doesn’t sound nice, but it’s true.

(edited by Ricky.4706)