should we just all reroll heavy classes?

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Watch a necro roaming video. They are awesome in anything they do if played right.

This isn’t solo or duo roaming.

so the three clips with 2v2, 2v4 and 2v4 were not duo roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Now back to the topic of this thread, me complaining about things and upper tier zergers telling me im playing wrong.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Necro nerfs, the two words that really get me. Wasn’t it bad enough, that when we had finally gotten things to be good enough. Not great, but good enough. Only to be smashed to bits because of PAX? It’s saddening.

We were promised that all these game modes would be split in terms of balance, because anyone with any sense would realize it is impossible to balance all 3 in the same way.

Yes, there were most likely a lot of FOTM’ers who decided to roll a necro for some easy wins, but one cannot have such tunnel vision.

So what happened? Previously we had trouble putting out the damage, and now we can to take out people. But then most necros have been pigeonholed into a semi-glass cannon build, and then we insert that infamous concept of the necro ping pong ball.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Here’s an extended 2vN against unorganized people with a condition necro, so I guess that means I know what I’m talking about. Things not seen in this movie: an organized group running guardians and hammer warriors.

Sor’s complaint here isn’t that they can’t kill unorganized bad players by the droves. Any half decent necro can do that. The difficulty is when you run across a good organized group that is heavy on control guardians and control warriors.

Depending on builds the guardians and warriors will remove conditions for the group. Warriors with dogged march and melandru are almost passively immune to roots and snares. They also remove conditions regularly due to cleansing ire. It is hard to stick conditions on such a group to get any kind of meaningful spreads.

If your group doesn’t offer you stability then you are going to be chain CCd. ANY GOOD GROUP WILL ALWAYS FOCUS THE ENEMY’S NECRO. If they don’t then they deserve to lose. It’s difficult to accomplish much on a necro when you are getting focus CCd.

The answer of course is to bring your own heavies, who you absolutely have to rely on when fighting a good group or to switch heavy yourself. My condition warrior is far easier to play than my necro and just as effective, if not more, in a small group fight.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Sororita.3465

and then we insert that infamous concept of the necro ping pong ball.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I hold my own even vs the good players, necro is in a good spot.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

roll a war – spam random skills – win

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

pretty much this thats why i refuse to play a warrior and i refuse to be your veilbot. u want a portal or veil?do it yourself, oh u cant do that?well thats too bad. ill veil u again if i get better mesmer survivability and aoe dmg.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Thieves infinite invisible needs to be removed from WvW.

Ty

Also Mesmer multiplication… But I’d argue with that, I guess that’s ok.

:O

in WvW

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Whats all the nonsense bs-talking about necros here?
Even if the OP would be the worst necro of all time, he still is right about everything.

WvW is just a hammerfest, you just see hammers and a couple of casters that support the hammers. Its utterly broken and may even the worst WvW balance since release.
Its no fun at all to play right now and thats what most people i know do right now, they dont play or join the hammertrain.

Its time to nerf the hammers very hard for the sake of the game.
Not everyone here wants to main a warrior to stand a chance, there are alot classes with horrible to almost none acces to stabillity. Over 80% of the wvw population are hammers for a reason.

(edited by Kontrolle.3514)

in WvW

Kontrolle.3514

My condition warrior is far easier to play than my necro and just as effective, if not more, in a small group fight.

lol this made my day, you just spam your entire bar on cooldown (even the dodges).

in WvW

Kontrolle.3514

Forumerrordoublepostlagwhateverand13chars.

(edited by Kontrolle.3514)

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

pretty much this thats why i refuse to play a warrior and i refuse to be your veilbot. u want a portal or veil?do it yourself, oh u cant do that?well thats too bad. ill veil u again if i get better mesmer survivability and aoe dmg.

Yep, 0 minutes with my warrior in wvw. Untill they fix their OP-ness I will stay with my weaker chars :/

in WvW

selan.8354

Yep, 0 minutes with my warrior in wvw. Untill they fix their OP-ness I will stay with my weaker chars :/

well the problem is, that anet nerfed the mesmer very very hard in the past. yes, confusion needed a shave but they decided to make the glam build unviable. then temporal curtain, bb, retal nerf, ic nerf, clones having less health. also the lack of aoe,stability and condition removal puts the mesmer in a very weak position. but im not gonna just reroll because of a broken class. i love my mes and wont give it up only because the devs dont know how to balance.
anet refuses to balance wvw seperatly and thats why wvw class balance is a complete joke now.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: thewanderer.8561

thewanderer.8561

As the title says, should we all just reroll heavy classes? it seems every zerg and soon every roamer is a heavy class with heavy condition removal..well im right ole kittened. The fact that as a necro i have stupidly low healing/dodges/stability and a deathshroud that is a shadow of its former self. Yeah im venting but i wouldnt have to if things were balanced.

i noticed your sig says you’re a commander in your server. Dunno if it applies but maybe your bad experience as a necro is because your tag encourages the enemy bursting you down first before everybody else in a zerg/group fight, hence you feel like your class is too fragile. Necros are supposed to stay back and keep a lower profile next to heavies while laying the damage. Commander tag negates that. Just my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Necros are either:

Really OP
or
Really easy to kill

Just depends on the person mashing buttons…That may sound like an obvious statement, but there are some classes out there that are just inherently easier to play.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Mumu.6203

Mumu.6203

I definitely feel more useful in zergs with my heavy toons than with the rest of my characters.

I like my necro too but it kinda lacks constant Aoe damage and CC (too much cooldowns + single-target auto-attacks)

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Yes roll a heavy class with dire stats. Let the kitten commence.

in WvW

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

TBH the moaning of the stun warriors is kinda ironic. Especially the perplexity ones, as you have at least 3 abilities that can transfer the (OP) amount of confusion back at them. Don’t get me wrong I think the build/rune combo is broken, but as a Necro you can flip that on them completely.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The OP does have a valid point… heavies have come to dominate a large portion of WvW. Guardians were always accepted because they are role specific. Warriors however have become a defacto power standard in pretty much every WvW role.

Condition bunker builds are forcing more players out of non bunker medium and light classes.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Sororita.3465

TBH the moaning of the stun warriors is kinda ironic. Especially the perplexity ones, as you have at least 3 abilities that can transfer the (OP) amount of confusion back at them. Don’t get me wrong I think the build/rune combo is broken, but as a Necro you can flip that on them completely.

I would, if i wasnt stunned the entire time >.>

Even though it highly annoying to have 20 stacks of confusion near instantly applied to me, my biggest gripe is that i cant do anything about it because im stunned all the time. Warriors can go full berserker and still have perplexity runs highly effective at the same time but once again, the biggest thing is that i cant do anything because im chain stunned, not even worth carrying a stun breaker because theyll just stun you again…and again…and again…

It is true that i can use my deathshroud fear while stunned but thats always negated by the fact that heavy classes have tons of stability.

also, dont really run as a commander anymore, i just have that in my sig to remind me of how i spent 100g on something i dont really use.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I would, if i wasnt stunned the entire time >.>

my biggest gripe is that i cant do anything about it because im stunned all the time. the biggest thing is that i cant do anything because im chain stunned,

not even worth carrying a stun breaker because theyll just stun you again…and again…and again…

Granted the warrior stuns are plentiful, but not carrying 2 or 3 stunbreakers is suicide these days.

Warriors aren’t even the issue in regards to stun breakers IMO, it is the Condi thieves that are running perplexity runes (like my thief is lol)that have access to near infinite stun capabilities.

It just depends on the situation, in a 1v1 a necro should be able to take the warrior if properly built for it. (lots of kiting and fearing) If you are just getting focused in small man roaming then that is just part of being a necro (or an ele for that matter), it is one of the reasons I have wells (darkness and power) and spectral armor (for stun break/shroud regen) on my utility bar most times I am on my necro.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The meta is changing right now. Melee train is on its way out. Give it a few months of spreading and people here will see this. These compositions already melt against organized guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The meta is changing right now. Melee train is on its way out. Give it a few months of spreading and people here will see this. These compositions already melt against organized guilds.

Hammer train zombie hordes (banner warriors) are still extremely powerful in WvW at least in the mid tiers. Sure the squishes behind the train can find themselves in trouble but they need only roll a guardian or warrior and join the train to stay up longer in a fight. Hammer trains synergize very well complete with ample stability, knockdown, condi mangement and retaliation so no reason to think they are in trouble.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I find it amusing that people complain that warriors are op in wvw when it use to be no one would play thrm.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I find it amusing that people complain that warriors are op in wvw when it use to be no one would play thrm.

what are you talking about? maybe warriors were thought to be weak in spvp, dunno. but they were always considered very good in zerg-wvw

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The problem here is this.

players thing by following a build setup they will instantly become op in wvw. but that’s not the case. you will easily die if you do not know how to synergize those build to the situation you’re facing.

What is the solution?

Learn to play your class, and focus on one build at a time. It will be a grind, and it will take some time to gain some experience, but that is the only way if you want to be an ACE player.

So, practice, practice, and practice.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: jbernal.1078

jbernal.1078

Wow, wow. Hold your horses. You are telling me that a light armor class stands no chance when multiple heavy armor classes target them? That is madness!

[ASH] – Gate of Madness

in WvW

sostronk.8167

what are you talking about? maybe warriors were thought to be weak in spvp, dunno. but they were always considered very good in zerg-wvw

There was a time where in these forums alot of people complained about them being weak, even though they weren’t.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Hammer train zombie hordes (banner warriors) are still extremely powerful in WvW at least in the mid tiers. Sure the squishes behind the train can find themselves in trouble but they need only roll a guardian or warrior and join the train to stay up longer in a fight. Hammer trains synergize very well complete with ample stability, knockdown, condi mangement and retaliation so no reason to think they are in trouble.

It doesn’t hold up against organized guild in T1. It holds up against mixed PUG groups, but not against decent guilds running set compositions. Its been falling off for some time. There are still guilds in T1 who aim for this as a composition in their guild, but they are months behind the stronger guilds and get wiped accordingly. Using heavies is still ok, a frontline is useful OFC, but melee trains melt eventually.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I fought you BUNS necros while on ET, and you guys are definitely good. Even if just one of you take the on DS Stability, its enough that you can keep the stuns off your partner with chill/cripple/fear. Since you don’t have mobility, you have to kitten the mobility of those you fight.

Spectral Walk is one of the more annoying stunbreaks a necro can bring (From my experience fighting them, not from playing it), as it’s a stunbreak and a juke when used correctly.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

It doesn’t hold up against organized guild in T1. It holds up against mixed PUG groups, but not against decent guilds running set compositions. Its been falling off for some time. There are still guilds in T1 who aim for this as a composition in their guild, but they are months behind the stronger guilds and get wiped accordingly. Using heavies is still ok, a frontline is useful OFC, but melee trains melt eventually.

The more we hear, the more it sounds like T1 works completely differently from the rest of WvW, which means you need to pick your class/build depending on whether or not you’re in T1 (or your server is organised enough to compete against T1 – the majority aren’t).

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Wow, wow. Hold your horses. You are telling me that a light armor class stands no chance when multiple heavy armor classes target them? That is madness!

No one asked you, evil spawn of ASH! GET BACK! BACK I SAY! -Tosses holy water-

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

I fought you BUNS necros while on ET, and you guys are definitely good. Even if just one of you take the on DS Stability, its enough that you can keep the stuns off your partner with chill/cripple/fear. Since you don’t have mobility, you have to kitten the mobility of those you fight.

Spectral Walk is one of the more annoying stunbreaks a necro can bring (From my experience fighting them, not from playing it), as it’s a stunbreak and a juke when used correctly.

I normally try to fear/crip/chill people that go after the Mister while he does the bulk of the murdering, but no matter what, there is always someone who sneaks up and stuns me to bloody heck. I mean, to the point of where my skills just do not come off of a rolling cool down.

I try my best, but it’s not cutting it this time.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I normally try to fear/crip/chill people that go after the Mister while he does the bulk of the murdering, but no matter what, there is always someone who sneaks up and stuns me to bloody heck. I mean, to the point of where my skills just do not come off of a rolling cool down.

I try my best, but it’s not cutting it this time.

I main engi, and we have kitten for stability (I use Lyssa runes to try and counter stuns used in a burst/condis used in a burst, works pretty well if you can time it right), so I get where you’re coming from.

Stuns are pretty crazy atm. Classes shouldn’t have as much access to hard CC as they do now when there are classes with downright terrible access to stability/stunbreaks in the game.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

There was a time where in these forums alot of people complained about them being weak, even though they weren’t.

Yep. People thought warriors where bad when in reality there were just a lot of bad players playing warriors.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

^

Unfortunately that is the case. Well, gw2 isn’t easy to learn at first glance and is pretty not intuitive. But it gets better the more one plays it in a certain way.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

selan.8354

yeah well warriors are broken. too much of everything and anet failed to balance properly and probably will keep denying that there is a problem.here one of the many broken mechanics:

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I can agree with warrior stuns being strong but all you need is someone giving you stability (its a team based game after all) and all is well.

The other option is two stun breaks, really not a bad idea. Or spec for DS stability, too large an investment for my taste but it works well.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

selan.8354

I can agree with warrior stuns being strong but all you need is someone giving you stability (its a team based game after all) and all is well.

The other option is two stun breaks, really not a bad idea. Or spec for DS stability, too large an investment for my taste but it works well.

erm there is classes that have like no access to viable stability and as much as we got stunbreakers, there is simply not enough for the crazy cc spam meta. warriors need a nerf in many places. healing and cc need a serious tone down.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

You need to understand where the OP is coming from. They are solo or duo roaming on necros. They are probably running across 3-5 mans with multiple guardians and warriors.

While you should lose those fights against good players, it’s the way you lose those fights that is kind of ridiculous. You can have fun even losing a fight just as long as you have control of your character. Getting chain stunned or disabled for 80% of a fight isn’t much fun. :P

Stability on DS is something you can have if you are a power necro (although most would opt for the extra crit chance trait). A possible solution would be to move stability on DS so it’s more accessible for all builds given the amount of CC being thrown around.

It’s not a horribly pressing issue since the game isn’t really balanced around 1v1 to begin with, but group fights. So, it’s expected that a necro should have their own heavies in their group to cover their weaknesses.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I found heavy to be much more satisfying in zergs, as well as alot easier to play. Eles and Necros are essential, but extremely difficult to play in certain situations. For instance, garri fights and pushing through chokes. Eles have to push with the melee train, and end up taking too much damage. If they stay back, they die.

Thieves and Rangers are a total joke in WvW zerging though. Don’t even bother. Thieves should roam and rangers should reroll. That’s how you benefit the “zerg”, from my experiences.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I found heavy to be much more satisfying in zergs, as well as alot easier to play. Eles and Necros are essential, but extremely difficult to play in certain situations. For instance, garri fights and pushing through chokes. Eles have to push with the melee train, and end up taking too much damage. If they stay back, they die.

Thieves and Rangers are a total joke in WvW zerging though. Don’t even bother. Thieves should roam and rangers should reroll. That’s how you benefit the “zerg”, from my experiences.

Thieves are geat in WvWvW and are good in WvWvW zergs. You just need to learn to play without relying on permastealth. Bunker rangers are fine.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Only classes who in the really bad spot right now is medium armor ones (thieves are more valuable due to blasts, but you don’t need more than few anyway). All other classes are highly valuable.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Rangers seem to be the least favorable class to play, even if tomorrow Anet decide to give rangers a 1000 yrd, 30 Max targ, 2k DMG, and applies every condition. they would still be hated on.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I definitely have noticed with our 5 man we have just naturally gravitated to tanks although we started out on varying classes(the whole play whatever you like marketing line). But we’ve had
mesmers … welcome to 8k backstabs light armour wearer
eles …. just lol
Necro …. wait up guys!!!1
Ranger …. wtf does this class do, donate badges?
Thief …. actually pretty good just squishy and a lot of the time ur fighting outnumbered.
Engineer …. good class, just no-one bothered to roll 1

Now we are:-

Warrior(Greatsword/hammer perplexity build)amazing mobility with greatsword, enough bunker to make you tough to take down(27k HP’s 2000tough – Dire gear) and access to interrupts on hammer – Backbreaker, Staggering Blow, Earthshaker backed up by Bulls Charge and Stomp(sif they needed more interrupts).

Warrior(sword~sword/Greatsword)condition build with Greatsword for mobility, small man is about being mobile. Still has around 21k HP’s has flurry to stop stability spammers.

Warrior(Greatsword/Hammer zerker)glass cannon DPS and still has 18-19k hp’s, and decent toughness/armour. Again Greatsword for mobility, mobile strikes.

Guardian(Healway, heals, condi cleanse and boons)

Elementalist(hes leveling a Warrior because this class is gaysauce)

There are a few reasons for this, 1stly Conditions, I believe all 3 warriors run Dogged March. Conditions factor in 1 stat, hp’s, our glass cannon warrior has 19k HP’s, when i spec my Guardian for DPS he has like 13k. The only other class that can get away with going zerker in small groups is Thief. But even so u can just be unlucky at times and get smashed with AoE, having Warriors gives us a bit more staying power.

Access to stability, i believe all 3 run dolyak signet, balanced stance or both, plus the stability from the Guardian makes for good uptime.

So warriors have access to amazing mobility with greatsword, condition reduction with Dogged March on slow effects, good access to stability, glass cannon at around 18k, bunker at 28k, heavy armour, crazy health regen from the healing signet.

We will probably end up with 2 Guardians/3 Warriors the way this game is going.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I definitely have noticed with our 5 man we have just naturally gravitated to tanks although we started out on varying classes(the whole play whatever you like marketing line). But we’ve had
eles …. just lol

Mesmers give veils and nullfields. Good luck to achieve any sudden strikes without that, or win in boon-condition clash. Also if your mesmer wear zerker – it’s l2p issue.
Eles – yeah, lol. Zerg without solid group of staff eles is really laughable thing, i cannot argue with that.
Necro can switch to locust signet if he run behind group, he won’t be engaged first anyway and can swith back before engagement. And you don’t give swiftness to all your guildmates? Something wrong with your group then.
P.S. Warrior builds with GS or preplexity runes is not good idea outside of roaming. Seriously.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Chorazin.4107

eles …. just lol

Mesmers give veils and nullfields. Good luck to achieve any sudden strikes without that, or win in boon-condition clash. Also if your mesmer wear zerker – it’s l2p issue.
Eles – yeah, lol. Zerg without solid group of staff eles is really laughable thing, i cannot argue with that.
Necro can switch to locust signet if he run behind group, he won’t be engaged first anyway and can swith back before engagement. And you don’t give swiftness to all your guildmates? Something wrong with your group then.
P.S. Warrior builds with GS or preplexity runes is not good idea outside of roaming. Seriously.

This is specifically for small man roaming, most we ever have is 5, but more often 1-4. Zergers → that way please.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

(edited by Chorazin.4107)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Necros weak?

It might feel that way when you’re playing one. That’s because necros are the most feared class and are always targeted first, whether its 2v2 or 50v50. If you leave a necro to free-cast while you engage the rest of a group, you’re just begging to be killed.

I’d agree warriors are pretty strong right now, but necros are by no means weak.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Chorazin.4107

Necros weak?

It might feel that way when you’re playing one. That’s because necros are the most feared class and are always targeted first, whether its 2v2 or 50v50. If you leave a necro to free-cast while you engage the rest of a group, you’re just begging to be killed.

I’d agree warriors are pretty strong right now, but necros are by no means weak.

Definitely our first target in fights for the hammer train, these guys and staff eles are usually very high(killshot warriors).

Necros because they can wreck your day fast and staff eles because they have good damage and virtually no get out of jail cards compared to other classes.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]