so thieves...

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

As i say , they just have 10k somethin hp at lvl 80 as glass cannons…lol…

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Adonis.5096

Dark Adonis.5096

im having a horrible time taking any thief down as a warrior… im full crit spec and if i could only keep them visible i would destroy them.. problem is i hit them once and POOF… switch to dual axes .. spin hit them again.. and POOF few seconds later im dead
it might help if bulls charge worked right… as in didnt go straight through them or did as intended and knocked them down
when one thief can take 2 other people and myself out by popping in and out of stealth .. there is problem

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Lonny.9873

Lonny.9873

So you want to take away stealth from thieves?
That makes them warriors with even less defense :P

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

so thieves...

in WvW

Dark Adonis.5096

i agree that stealth shouldnt be usable during combat…. thats annoying and cheap as hell

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

Sigh you just don’t win against thieves… Not only they are incredibly annoying to deal with as they spend 90% of the fight invisible, but they got huge mobility and speed which makes them really hard to deal with especially as melee. And even if you win a fight, which at least I can do because it’s the official noob class with a ton of baddies playing, they just run away all the time…

Of course some dumb thieves will say they are squishy, but really they don’t need to be squishy to still deal massive damage and anyway, their squishyness is way countered by all they got.

Personally 90% of a fight in stealth is just a dumb concept. Give us better tab targeting or a view with less zoom so we can at least see them… Or simply fix your dumb kitten Anet.

Oh and stop the censoring already, people are already talking about your bad community management which reminds me I should contact Anet directly to see if this is intended.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Dark Adonis… really?

Thief played glass cannon will die very quickly. The perk is you kill others very quickly. Glass cannon vs glass cannon, a thief is designed to win really. They are glassier and cannonier than you.

As I said before, how many whiners are level 80, and how many are low levels getting stomped?

Aurora Glade [EU]

so thieves...

in WvW

Lonny.9873

@Dark Adonis:
Cool. But thieves generally don’t use stealth out of combat. That means u want to get rid of stealth as a whole

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

Thieves are a broken class in WvW.

Unfortunatley it is hard to fix that without breaking them in another area I guess.

Don’t worry if you got owned, its probably not you. Its just the ezmode.

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Sigh you just don’t win against thieves… Not only they are incredibly annoying to deal with as they spend 90% of the fight invisible, but they got huge mobility and speed which makes them really hard to deal with especially as melee. And even if you win a fight, which at least I can do because it’s the official noob class with a ton of baddies playing, they just run away all the time…

Of course some dumb thieves will say they are squishy, but really they don’t need to be squishy to still deal massive damage and anyway, their squishyness is way countered by all they got.

Personally 90% of a fight in stealth is just a dumb concept. Give us better tab targeting or a view with less zoom so we can at least see them… Or simply fix your dumb kitten Anet.

Oh and stop the censoring already, people are already talking about your bad community management which reminds me I should contact Anet directly to see if this is intended.

Personally I’d say if you’re losing to a baddie thief I’d say you’re a baddie.

But hey, I’m ok with no more stealth if I get the same armor/hp pool as a warrior and some attack that would replace backstab.

so thieves...

in WvW

Dark Adonis.5096

once combat is initiated stealth shouldnt be allowed.. and if it is the cooldown on it should be a lot higher

so thieves...

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

Ok, you destroy thieves only survival option. To make the game balanced, once combat is initiated, HP shouldn’t be allowed.

Aurora Glade [EU]

so thieves...

in WvW

Dark Adonis.5096

earlier.. not one of my 12 guild mates in wvw could kill a thief… except the one thief in the guild.. the rest of us just got steamrolled all the exact same way… attack stealth .. attack stealth.. attack stealth

so thieves...

in WvW

waeren.9743

earlier.. not one of my 12 guild mates in wvw could kill a thief… except the one thief in the guild.. the rest of us just got steamrolled all the exact same way… attack stealth .. attack stealth.. attack stealth

Hint: if you want to troll you should really make it less obvious that you’re trolling :/

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: grind.3681

grind.3681

warriors complaining about thief hilarious

piken square,necrosis

so thieves...

in WvW

Dark Adonis.5096

yeah.. thats cute.. say what you will.. eventually your gonna lose your iwin button

so thieves...

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

No offence, but your guild is just bad then. A warrior can bully a thief so bad that I don’t touch them anymore. If I get knocked down and hit, i’m dead. Same for Guardians, they can take such a beating that I don’t have the initiative to deal with them before somebody notices me.

I tend to avoid Mesmers as well because one misjudge of which one is real, and i’ve blown my initiative and am a sitting duck.

I don’t think you realise how bad the thief is if you mess up. Yes you can stealth and run away but the only stealth that lasts long enough to do that is shadow refuge, and you have to sit for 4 secs in a big circle before leaving. The others I think are 2 second stealths.

The thief is great don’t get me wrong, but they die so easy and people don’t seem to understand this. Where you see a death, often the thief is either on really low life or you just missed all your skills.

Aurora Glade [EU]

so thieves...

in WvW

Quentin Fields.1295

Want to take away stealth? Ok.Give thieves as same as armor and hp as warriors and a skill instead of backstab.

Thieves doesnt have blocks or immunity utilities/elites.They don’t have billions of knockbacks/downs like guardian.

They only have stealth to be use or survive.If you wanna take away stealth , erase thieves from game completely.

Only thing is here whiney people that can’t understand the mechanism or can’t make the math of a class without a skill or with it.

There is only one thing to get fixed for thieves.And it’s the RENDER BUG in WvW.Nothing else.

so thieves...

in WvW

Dark Adonis.5096

as stated earlier.. yeah IF you get knocked down your boned… in my experience bulls charge works like crap and most of the time dosnt knock anyone down. i do think it is unfair to get rid of stealth all together but holy crap! popping into stealth over and over is a bit much

so thieves...

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

Yup rendering bug is the issue indeed.

If it works right.

I stealth, hit you. I’m visible for 3.3 seconds. That’s actually long enough to kill me by the way. And rinse and repeat really.

I ask yet again, what level are the whiners here? As I say, any level 80 will stomp a lowbie.

Aurora Glade [EU]

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

Yesterday a Thief jumped my mesmer , and literally spammed only Heartseeker, auto attack and stealth abilities. I checked my combat log, it went:

Steal 5k
Heartseeker 3k
Heartseeker 3.2k (i healed here)
Heartseeker 2.9k
autoattacks

Obviously i won as i confused the fuzzle out of him by placing all my glamours down even though i couldnt see him, but this is to show data.

Some classes are lucky to get off 3k on their big cooldown hits, yet a thief’s Heartseeker can pull 3k from +75% HP? On a spammable ability which auto locks and leaps? While invisible?

Fix this class or delete it. Remove Heartseekers autolock leap, Remove stealth or quadruple the cooldown on it and rework backstab etc, your game cant handle abilities like stealth, so dont go down the Bioware path of “but its my idea and im going to make it work” when all you do is harm the game further.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

(edited by Psy.6153)

so thieves...

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

Yesterday a warrior got a jump on me, knocked me down and used hundred blades before I could evade. I was dead long before hundred blades even finished. Point?

Aurora Glade [EU]

so thieves...

in WvW

Quentin Fields.1295

If you boys wanna cry about somethin , go cry about warrior tanks.In a game which is so called no meta of tanking.

so thieves...

in WvW

Dark Adonis.5096

that warrior was kitten lucky he actually knocked you down

so thieves...

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

The thief is kitten lucky people don’t simply evade when they stealth. Backstab would then be rendered useless, aka, our heaviest hitting ability.

Warriors even have a freakin invincibility elite. How a warrior can complain is beyond me. I don’t even moan about them but come on, invincibility on a class able to deal massive damage also?

Aurora Glade [EU]

so thieves...

in WvW

waeren.9743

Why are we feeding the troll?

so thieves...

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

It’s already been nerfed. A 10% increase of the stealth debuff state.

Aurora Glade [EU]

so thieves...

in WvW

Quentin Fields.1295

Yep there is a problem.Which is all talentless whiney babygirls crying here about something they can’t manage to deal.Like old times in WoW forums mate.

Lucky that ArenaNet doesn’t care about QQers like Blizz does and keep nerfing as whines want.

so thieves...

in WvW

Dark Adonis.5096

lol yup… were all talentless… we use all of our skills… not 3

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

No, bull rush knocks you down even if you stand still. If they start it close range, you won’t see the animation soon enough. Good wars always nail me with it right after a dodge, and if I don’t have a stunbreak/blind up, I usually die even with my 19khp and extra toughness.

Play some tourneys in sPvP while you’re at it. Notice how most top tier paid tourney teams don’t have thieves in them? There’s a reason for that.

And FYI, if you’re dying to someone spamming heartseeker, you need to step back and look at yourself, and figure out what you’re doing wrong. The glass-cannon thieves you watch out for are the ones that save init for stealth and throw dagger.

so thieves...

in WvW

Dark Adonis.5096

not gonna argue with you lil kiddies anymore ….. AGREED STEALTH NEEDS A NERF… enough said bye bye

so thieves...

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

And presumably miss all of your skills whilst you’re at it, seeing as you can’t down a 10k hp thief.

Aurora Glade [EU]

so thieves...

in WvW

Lonny.9873

Maybe you always use your Bulls Charge while your target is out of range?!
Never had problems with it on my twink

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

so thieves...

in WvW

Quentin Fields.1295

3? lol funny to see you talking from kitten here without knowing the mechanism.Just keep crying.I luv to see babygirls cry.

not gonna argue with you lil kiddies anymore ….. AGREED STEALTH NEEDS A NERF… enough said bye bye

You are the only rage kid here my babygirl.Go cry to your mama.We are not here to pet you.Sry.

p.s. : I’m not a thief player but a ranger one which is has no problems killing thieves.

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

To me the easiest way to kill a thief is when he goes into stealth. Most of the times when a thief stealths he thinks he is safe and let his guard down… I can’t see him but he is always there.
Stealth is not a teleport and if a stealthed thief uses a teleport skill his stealth will be broken.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: grind.3681

grind.3681

baddie adonis better bench blitzkrieg

piken square,necrosis

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

Dont see why there are so many people defending thieves
They are clearly broken in WvW

I say nerf their stealth in WvW specifically or fix the render issues

Seriously fix the render

Mesmer nearly soloed our group of 5 today

(edited by lcc.9374)

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Urhi.4027

Urhi.4027

I can only really speak to the ranger vs thief point of view.

I (ranger) would like some sort of recourse for stealth characters without having to spec “just for killing thieves” (using the longbow for the AOE or swapping in terrible AOE skills).

The problem I have with them is that even if they are no match for me they still ca continue to stealth away and just wait for me to attack someone else.

In wvw yesterday I hit a thief that came out of stealth and then escaped again maybe a dozen times. When I finally got bored and left I was simply attacked by him again when I engaged the next target. He still didn’t get me, I didn’t even bother trying to hit him more than enough times to get him to run at this point. It’s like I had gained a permanent follower who wasn’t worth my time to bother with. It made me realize how grim things actually are when facing a thief that can down me in seconds; even if I was able to overcome losing to that first burst DPS there isn’t much of a chance the thief would die anyway…

I wish the ranger was more maneuverable than a thief. I mean the thief has stealth, why do they ALSO need to be more maneuverable than a ranger?

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Stealth is fine, the rendering issue is the real problem. For instance… if you can only render 30 characters in your immediate area. If the thief stealths and someone else joins the fight – the thief won’t re-render and now as the ability to kill everyone without being attacked. It’s actually a lul tactic for offense… right before your zerg rushes through a broken gate/wall drop the Mesmer Stealth Field and your entire zerg won’t re-render XD

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

wouldn’t be so bad if they culled/asset load correctly

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

There are thieves in guildwars?
never saw them..
:)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Just a temp fix suggestion, stealth abilities need to be shortened a second to counter the “bonus” stealth given through delay that would be heavenly. As for countering a thief, whenever my engi is attacked outta nowhere, I instantly panic and drop smoke bomb and big ol bomb to give me stealth and block C&D, maybe even knockdown the thief, except all they do is go poof and tele away or stun break, then come right back at me while my counters are recharging and Im pretty much guarenteed dead, Ive maxed out toughness and HP and I still die pretty quickly. The worst part about it is that the thief manages to down 5 more people in the same spot. Ive learned that if there are allies dead in a open spot, youre pretty much going suicidal trying to res them.

Edit- I know this isn’t related but are theifs pretty much immune to the 66% skill recharge debuff from chill, considering they use initiative instead?

so thieves...

in WvW

Dark Adonis.5096

just encountered a thief on JQ just outside of stonemist this lil asura thief single handedly took out 6 people by bouncing in and out of stealth then ran away……. its always the same tactic .. strike then hide.. strike then hide

so thieves...

in WvW

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

Previous

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
due to the high amount of inflammatory posts and attacks, this thread will now be locked.
Thanks for understanding.