wPvP: My impression 1 week later

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I still hate it.

Bonuses are game breaking unbalanced.

WvW Population is way down in my match up…..Sunday Night WvW was a ghost town. Infact we had representatives from all 3 servers just sitting around one of the new points just shooting the kitten and clowning around. No one capped it b/c no one cared……

The map changes are nice I will give the team credit where credit is due. Yet I can’t condone the changes to the game that came along with it. Yes the changes are that bad.

In summary I honestly gave it a week to see how it’d pan out, and I wish they’d revert the patch. Infact if Anet came out and said, “We’ll revert the changes but the new maps will have to go as well.” I would honestly be ok with that.

Thank You

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I have to agree. Map changes good. Buff changes terrible.

Devon seemed to mention changes to the leagues. But honestly, the Bloodlust buff is far worse than leagues. Bloodlust buff does make people not want to play. Revert the buff Devon, for the game.

in WvW

Jinks.2057

Devon seemed to mention changes to the leagues. But honestly, the Bloodlust buff is far worse than leagues. Bloodlust buff does make people not want to play. Revert the buff Devon, for the game.

Would you give up the maps to get rid of bloodlust though?

in WvW

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

I must say I agree with you.

The map change is nice but the Bloodlust Buff just makes for an unfair advantage and is just not good for pvp. (Yes, wvw is pvp)

The upcoming league system is already destroying server populations and imo will have a very negative effect on the community. Please please reconsider it to something else.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Yes. The looks of the map changes may be nice. But now towers and keeps have so many more possible direction from which they can be sieged its so easy to build some superior cata’s and break a wall down. Bound to find a spot the defenders didnt counter-siege yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yes. The looks of the map changes may be nice. But now towers and keeps have so many more possible direction from which they can be sieged its so easy to build some superior cata’s and break a wall down. Bound to find a spot the defenders didnt counter-siege yet.

Yes, I would permanently give up the maps to get rid of the bloodlust. Bloodlust is that bad.

But I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to substitute another buff in there. Even if it means removing the maps temporarily while they code it or whatever.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Yes, I would permanently give up the maps to get rid of the bloodlust. Bloodlust is that bad.

But I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to substitute another buff in there. Even if it means removing the maps temporarily while they code it or whatever.

Yes, I would give up the maps changes too in order to get rid of the BL Bloodlust. (Even though the maps changes are gorgeous and fun to have a small man fight in.)

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Devon stated it would be simple to change the buff the bloodlust gives.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

The community warned the devs on the outcome of the buff and the leagues, yet they still went ahead with the buff as if nothing was wrong and are still going to force us into the leagues. Currently in my matchup the buff hasn’t been an issue (each server is constantly getting a buff or two). However in a blowout match it’s going to have some effect. I do know there are players that aren’t even playing because of the buff, so there is some loss in numbers. Once leagues start i’m sure the servers at the bottom of both leagues are going to lose even more. Nothin like the devs causing their community to dwindle :/

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Why would you need to lose the maps to lose the buff? There’s more to that system than providing stat buffs; it could still be a source of points and allow smaller teams to contribute, probably better if the outnumbered smaller teams didn’t have to contend with enemies running around with effectively a few extra pieces of celestial gear on them.

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

Why Yes I would….

those cap points should be spread out to the remote corners of the map to force the server with the most population to at least have to work to keep them all…

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Why Yes I would….

those cap points should be spread out to the remote corners of the map to force the server with the most population to at least have to work to keep them all…

However many people a low pop server can spare, a higher pop server can spare and then some. This might slow things down, but it would do so for all parties involved.

in WvW

Jinks.2057

Spreading out my wPvP isn’t an option

Just get rid of it please

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

The community warned the devs on the outcome of the buff and the leagues, yet they still went ahead with the buff as if nothing was wrong and are still going to force us into the leagues. Currently in my matchup the buff hasn’t been an issue (each server is constantly getting a buff or two). However in a blowout match it’s going to have some effect. I do know there are players that aren’t even playing because of the buff, so there is some loss in numbers. Once leagues start i’m sure the servers at the bottom of both leagues are going to lose even more. Nothin like the devs causing their community to dwindle :/

I’m on DR and as far as I’m concerned the damage from leagues has already been done. Last night during prime time we had maybe 20 people in all of EB, and we couldn’t even muster enough players in FC BL to simply stand on three of FC’s undefended bloodlust points. Very sad.

And those who said that bloodlust would encourage small roaming parties were just plain wrong, at least on the smaller pop servers. I haven’t seen ANY such activity in our last two matches … servers simply cap the points in their own BL and then go do something else since they don’t need to hold the points to keep the buff. As soon as one of the points turns an enemy color, it’s a simple matter to send a small group to retake it and retain the buff.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Hanibull.5124

Hanibull.5124

I was playing GW2 everyday, mainly WvW. I haven’t logged in in 3 days now. My matchup is a blowout as expected when you’re paired with a server 5 ranks higher. They also always have 2-3 stacks of bloodlust. Previously, we might have had a blowout, but I could at least have some fun trying to do some small man roaming and avoiding the enemy zerg as best as possible. Now, however, the fights are too unbalanced. I’ve lost all interest in even attempting it.
Without WvW, I have no interest in doing the daily chore, or throwing my body against Teq in the hopes one day we’ll get him down below 80% and I can get that blue and green item I’ve always wanted.
I suppose it’s possible I’d comeback after they revert the bloodlust changes and stop the madness that is the leagues… but I doubt it. Fact of the matter is they’ve already demonstrated the complete and utter lack of respect for their own community. Doesn’t exactly make me eager to boot your game back up again.

in WvW

Jinks.2057

I was playing GW2 everyday, mainly WvW. I haven’t logged in in 3 days now. My matchup is a blowout as expected when you’re paired with a server 5 ranks higher. They also always have 2-3 stacks of bloodlust. Previously, we might have had a blowout, but I could at least have some fun trying to do some small man roaming and avoiding the enemy zerg as best as possible. Now, however, the fights are too unbalanced. I’ve lost all interest in even attempting it.
Without WvW, I have no interest in doing the daily chore, or throwing my body against Teq in the hopes one day we’ll get him down below 80% and I can get that blue and green item I’ve always wanted.
I suppose it’s possible I’d comeback after they revert the bloodlust changes and stop the madness that is the leagues… but I doubt it. Fact of the matter is they’ve already demonstrated the complete and utter lack of respect for their own community. Doesn’t exactly make me eager to boot your game back up again.

This has been echoed by many people on my server…..it’s sad

in WvW

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

Blood lust had stop being an issue, everyone is just trading keeps and towers around and pvding. Sore difference is so large and defending so futile that no one care abt ppt anymore. Stats difference is a non issue when no one fight each other. Even the dominating server stop caring abt holding 3 blood lust.

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I agree totally with the sentiment expressed in these threads. I play WvW as end game. Everything I do in PvE is for WvW. I just picked out a new gear look and set I was going to start grinding dungeons for. But after this terrible patch I just don’t feel like it. Everytime I log on to WvW the stronger server has all 3 bloodlust buffs and is camping our spawn. That, combined with the incredibly unbalanced match-up system is the straw that broke the Dolyak’s back on my server. Commanders have stopped logging on. It used to be mandatory in my guild to play on reset. Now no one seems to care. Even the roamers don’t feel like flipping camps. It’s basically an exercise in frustration. I’m taking a big break from GW2 until this is fixed. And yes, as pretty as the new areas are, I’d rather have the krait back.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

If you contrast the style and sophistication of game play in WvW now versus what it was shortly after launch, there is absolutely no comparison … and it’s all for the worse. A very intriguing concept for strategy-based PvP has been systematically trashed by subversive changes instead of needed fixes and enhancements. We’re not talking occasional bad decisions here … we’re talking an ongoing pattern of cluelessness that surpasses anything I’ve seen anywhere else in MMO-land. When I finally throw in the towel and abandon this mess, it will be with a great deal of sadness for what could have been.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

This pretty much mirrors my feelings on wvw now. Im disgusted that the wvw team is waiting for a population decline before they make any changes to the bloodlust buff.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

People asked for a useful change to the outmanned buff, and this was their answer:

@let’s buff the server with the bigger zerg!

Capturing those points is not a priority anyway, as they award 0000.0000 Wexp points, and just seem to attract trolls and boring spvp players testing their latest idea for a point holding build.

We asked for a buff to the outmanned buff to make it meaningful and instead we got the complete opposite.

Maybe if we ask for a buff to the new system they will remove it?

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Well on the bright side we can all play State of Decay available on Steam in early access for about the cost of switching servers.

Fun Fact: the dev studio (Undead Labs) that produced it is headed up by Jeff Strain, one of the founders of Arena Net, executive producer of Guild Wars 1, and long lost lead programmer of World of Warcraft. The dude has major nerd cred.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

PvP is not WvW

WvWvW is (PvPvP + Keeps +yaks + towers + ruins + blobs)

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Jinks.2057

Saddest part is these devs won’t listen to us.

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

Truest thread I’ve read.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Pretty much… Its been months now since I was in an exciting, close match up

WvW is getting really dull for me to the point im thinking of just playing PvE casually

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Jinks.2057

Truest thread I’ve read.

Jinks for Lead WvW Dev 2014

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

If you contrast the style and sophistication of game play in WvW now versus what it was shortly after launch, there is absolutely no comparison … and it’s all for the worse. A very intriguing concept for strategy-based PvP has been systematically trashed by subversive changes instead of needed fixes and enhancements. We’re not talking occasional bad decisions here … we’re talking an ongoing pattern of cluelessness that surpasses anything I’ve seen anywhere else in MMO-land. When I finally throw in the towel and abandon this mess, it will be with a great deal of sadness for what could have been.

It’s not cluelessness – they know kitten well what we’ve have been asking for – it’s arrogance. If suggestions don’t align with their own personal vision of the game, the idea is discarded, regardless of merit.

eg: Instead of bringing sPVP capture points into WVW, they could have used those map-making resources to create a whole new borderland so we can (eventually) have 3 unique borderlands instead of 1 common BL map. OR they could have made an epic PVP dungeon to expand on the current JP space similar to Darkness Falls in DAOC.

It’s patently obvious that bloodlust favours the winning side far too strongly. As has been suggested numerous numerous times before on this forum, it would make a lot more sense if the outmanned and bloodlust bonuses were switched, or if bloodlust was merely a magic find or other non-combat bonus.

downed state is bad for PVP