why so much hate towards roamers???

in WvW

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I’ve always been a roamer and a reaper at that which never has been to easy but I accept the challenge and there is no greater adrenaline rush than when trying to ditch a zerg that’s chasing you and I’ve never cared much about what others have thought. I hit legend in spvp with necro and at the moment really craving some more roaming but man WvW is pretty dead as a roamer atm unless you run EoTM which I don’t like all that much.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I can’t imagine any zerg chasing a solo roamer “across the map”. I call bs.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I have noticed more and more that zergs chase me across half of a map whenever I’m roaming I have raven gotten few offensive whispers from enemy that I’m playing wvw wrong …… what has happened?

I think you overestimate the intent of your enemy. Or perhaps you wish to open an avenue of discussion on a topic that interests you to an unfair degree.

Regardless I will answer your question: The community has become less concerned with winning and bolstering borderland pride. Rather, it has become more interested in the rewards to be offered from WvsW. The act of taking bolsters more pride than the act of defending, since the rewards are greater and the recognition is more apparent. Now the question becomes why would people seek reward and recognition all of a sudden…it is because they feel like the game has abandoned them and the mode ahs slipped into chaos. People play for wvsw only rewards and karma. People play for recognition. Both these things are currently only achieved through the act of taking. It is natural then that these people form a karma train together. Those not conforming to either ideal are….not welcome to a karma train system. Why is that? They disrupt the train. You are disrupting the playstyle of a large group of people. And that is the answer to the question you pose, an answer I am sure you already know. You are an outsider on your server. What is more natural than a mob of people going out of their way to harass such a person?

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

It’s not too unusual.

https://gfycat.com/PossibleFatFoxterrier

A small example.

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

The dislike of roamers doesn’t come from your own server I presume.Roamers are a vital intelligence source for the rest of your server team, that’s why your being harassed by your opponents.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Fight guilds and roamers take up valuable PPT spots on a map.

Also roamers have maxed out Elites and are killing people trying to grind elites because they only got 2 trait lines and 40 points and are extremely easy kills.

Roamers sit out front of keep and gank people.

WvW is not a PvP zone, we’re actually really into PvE.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: GundamSentinel.6470

GundamSentinel.6470

They’re not playing for objectives/PPT to justify a gank.
They’re not actually looking for fights or small group skirmishes.
They’re not actually interested in a fair fight or a fun one.

It’s those types of “roamers” who I have absolutely no respect for.

This basically sums up the type of roamers I hate. Those who have no intention of actually contributing to WvW and are just looking for cheap kills. Those who run away from anything resembling a fair fight. Go do that in EotM or something.

Sure, I sometimes run cheap builds, I sometimes gank people who stand no chance of winning, but when I do I actually go to cap or to defend.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

This basically sums up the type of roamers I hate. Those who have no intention of actually contributing to WvW and are just looking for cheap kills. Those who run away from anything resembling a fair fight. Go do that in EotM or something.

Sure, I sometimes run cheap builds, I sometimes gank people who stand no chance of winning, but when I do I actually go to cap or to defend.

That makes no sense at all…. You know your server gets points for kills too right?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Well… “Roamers”, outside of scouting and flipping camps, are fundamentally useless. They Prey on unskilled players running back to a tag and complain when they get pummeled for it. The whole “Roamer” subculture is so caught up in itself and wants to be known as “Unsung Heroes” for basically being gankers.

IMO if you want to Roam, go ahead, you can be useful with callouts, but stop your whining when you get ganked or an army runs over you.

CCCP….

(edited by Trajan.4953)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Every Zerg-player knows the following:

There is a big zerg-fight, you die, after a while waiting, you get some steel chest beside your body, but your friends get pushed away from your body, you port back to WP and when you get out you run into a bunch of so called roamer, that farm you and your friends and hinder you to grab your steel chest.

After some repetitions you hate them

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Well… “Roamers”, outside of scouting and flipping camps, are fundamentally useless. They Prey on unskilled players running back to a tag and complain when they get pummeled for it. The whole “Roamer” subculture is so caught up in itself and wants to be known as “Unsung Heroes” for basically being gankers.

IMO if you want to Roam, go ahead, you can be useful with callouts, but stop your whining when you get ganked or an army runs over you.

Unskilled player detected !

In all seriousness,you couldnt be more full of it.
Stop whining when roamers get ganked..But you can complain if you get ganked ?
Mayb the thought ever came across that roamers gank you due to the zerg mentality where entire zergs like to chase 1 or 2 people forever ? Or where they keep on sending 20 people for 2 trying to grab a camp ?Its called payback.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in WvW

Posted by: bobdobelina.9185

bobdobelina.9185

lol. I roam all the time, on warrior and mesmer, for the purposes of scoutin, flippin and slappin and pretty much nothing else. If a zerg chased me “halfway across the map”, I’d have to assume their cmdr doesn’t have that squirrelling under control, or they don’t really have anything better to do. Fail either way.

Just DRIPPING with cheese.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It’s not too unusual.

It is pretty unusual to chase a roamer… known ganker guilds on the other hand… yeah those guys can get chased from one end to another. How do I know… come to T1 and follow us around. It hasn’t been a good night until we divert a zerg in our direction.

As for all the roamer/ganker QQ: if it is red it is dead. I respect the dueling etiquette otherwise any player in WvW is fair game and that includes uplevels. Players gotta learn the ropes some time and treating them with kid gloves doesn’t help.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I have noticed more and more that zergs chase me across half of a map whenever I’m roaming I have raven gotten few offensive whispers from enemy that I’m playing wvw wrong …… what has happened?

There are some that feel that everyone should play the game exactly the same way. And when they see a roamer running free and not on tag like god intended, they get mad and zerg the roamer down.

I think it’s more the fact that a lot of zerglings don’t dare roaming themselves so they join the security of a big group. If you lose on your own/small group, the blame is on an individual, if a zerg looses a fight, people don’t feel personally responsible for that.

Yea sure some want everyone to play the same way or some think roamers take spot that would be used by a zergling. But hate whispers/siege on corpses etc is a personal thing, it’s a little payback for destroying zergling’s security.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m on a server full of roamers – we rarely have any commanders. Works for us.

(It is highly irritating for enemies though) (or for people who try to make a zerg out of us – rarely works)

in WvW

Puck.9612

Usually when a zerg is chasing me halfway across the map it’s because every time the main group gives up chasing me I turn around and pick off the greedy kids that strayed to far from their herd, then the main group gets mad and starts chasing again.

in WvW

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

You are easy pickings for the zerg obviously.. I doubt its anything more complicated than that.. as a roamer you should be avoiding the zerg or even small roaming parties.. and not the other way around right? =p Unless you can take them corz.. >____<

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I assure you it’s real.

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

now, whatever i write here is my personal opinion (that is how i think things should go in whats a game) (and read my signature lol)

said this, well, when i see some builds/classes that uses some food (see some warriors builds with “66% chance on critical hit steal life” – and that steal life is 1k careless of armor) i ask myself “can they play only in that mode? their build is working basically for that?”

then i reply to myself “this is allowed on anet side and the wvw scenario” (and i get sad to be honest)

in the other side, saw in 4 years of game, little guilds (say 3-5 ppl) using some range class (rangers-druid or dh or both) with some ista bursts melee classes (thiefs? warriors?) and well they arent roaming (flipping camps-towers once an hour mostly), they arent looking for duels (because they usually go all of them vs 1-2).

i call this gameplay or gamestyle “ganking”. but its allowed by anet and the game in itself.

as someone said in here, cant have respect for the persons behind the screen that does this gamestyle, even if allowed by the game in itsel.

but this is my opinion.

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Roamers differ from player to server to EU/NA. Me for example will roam solo (started it again) or with a few guildys. We very often sit out if we see a solo enemy player for a 1v1, also we rarely chase after solo people how ever if they can be cought with in a few seconds then they deserved to get ganked. As for Ganking unskilled people if I felt that they were not experienced, or if they wasn’t built for fighting then they are left in down state with no stomp… unless it’s something stupidly cheesy.

I remember once a time I went to defend a camp vs a reaper (it was t3) and although I let him kill the npcs knowing I was there I also let him reset so he could fight the boss, as it was a very good fight I let him revive, he bowed to me and wp away. I got my fight, I defended my camp and he respected it. Not all roamers are the same on border lands, I’m eb or eotm it’s completely different though

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Is it me, or is getting a large group of distracted squirrels on you and imagining the pin getting salty at his raid pretty fun? The further the better. And like Puck said above, wait for the perfect time to turn around and take out the fat greedy ones /sit

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

VS enemy roamers: If it’s my zerg you were in the way and “if it’s red it’s dead”. “Dont chase the squirrels there’s a tower to grab”

Vs Ally roamers:
- Frustration of constantly facing an enemy map queue size zerg while missing 20-30 people and wondering how the map is queued.
- “how do they have so many” “where is everyone? theres a 20 man queue!”.
- I get that you want to do your own thing but with so small map population and queues and somehow an enemy being able to get more on tag your presence directly impedes our progress.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Vs Ally roamers:
- Frustration of constantly facing an enemy map queue size zerg while missing 20-30 people and wondering how the map is queued.
- “how do they have so many” “where is everyone? theres a 20 man queue!”.
- I get that you want to do your own thing but with so small map population and queues and somehow an enemy being able to get more on tag your presence directly impedes our progress.

That’s true. A lot of roamers is great but if you can’t get all of them together you will likely lose against more organized servers. But the same is true for guilds raiding on EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Not sure I really understand this. Troll Post, sarcasm, …???

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

if yer getting chased clean across the map, yer doin it right.

or they’re bored.

or both.

it’s really fun if you can quickly kill people 1v1 and you have a dumb zerg following you. before the BL change, i once got chased from the north east gate of bay (the one that points toward garrison) all the way to the nw camp. i looked behind me, and the only one able to keep up with me had been a warrior who ran too far from his buddies concentrating on killing the "coward ranger". i turned, killed him, and then ran again. felt goooood. but boy they were mad at me. XD

Attachments:

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

(edited by katz.8376)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

It was a comment from the Devs…

There’s a video that was going around saying that WvW players are actually into PvE or somethin, so yer sarcasm.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

GundamSentinel.6470

That makes no sense at all…. You know your server gets points for kills too right?

That’s pretty naive if you think they’re doing it for the points. There are way better ways to spend your time if you want to help your server get points.

in WvW

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

It was a comment from the Devs…

That made me sad. :-(

in WvW

Puck.9612

That’s pretty naive if you think they’re doing it for the points. There are way better ways to spend your time if you want to help your server get points.

“Sure, I sometimes run cheap builds, I sometimes gank people who stand no chance of winning, but when I do I actually go to cap or to defend.”

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense. You think it’s okay for you to act that way but you condemn them for doing the same.
Glass houses bud.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I also observed how zergs seem more likely to chase roamers now. I think it’s a combination of: 1) damage is so high that it’s very easy to kill a roamer and not significantly waste time, 2) PPK, and 3) they’re just excited to see an enemy player to interact with between their hollow PvDing.

Gandara

in WvW

GundamSentinel.6470

“Sure, I sometimes run cheap builds, I sometimes gank people who stand no chance of winning, but when I do I actually go to cap or to defend.”

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense. You think it’s okay for you to act that way but you condemn them for doing the same.
Glass houses bud.

If you can’t grasp the distinction, that’s not my fault. It’s not very difficult. When I roam, I cap, defend, scout and harass bigger groups.

I don’t just sit somewhere, ambushing people who can’t win for the lulz and run away when a fair fight shows up.

There’s only two things I want from roamers: 1) try to do something useful for the server, 2) don’t be a coward when someone in your league show up.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Glass houses bud.

If you can’t grasp the distinction, that’s not my fault. It’s not very difficult. When I roam, I cap, defend, scout and harass bigger groups.

I don’t just sit somewhere, ambushing people who can’t win for the lulz and run away when a fair fight shows up.

There’s only two things I want from roamers: 1) try to do something useful for the server, 2) don’t be a coward when someone in your league show up.

I’m sorry, do you follow these players around for hours on end to see what they are doing? How do you know they aren’t fighting equal sized groups or harassing larger groups? You see them ganking people, which you also do, and you judge them for it. If nothing else, every player they gank is someone not making it to the tag or to one of your camps/structures.

in WvW

GundamSentinel.6470

Glass houses bud.

I’m sorry, do you follow these players around for hours on end to see what they are doing? How do you know they aren’t fighting equal sized groups or harassing larger groups? You see them ganking people, which you also do, and you judge them for it. If nothing else, every player they gank is someone not making it to the tag or to one of your camps/structures.

People communicate. I don’t know about your server, but on mine people get to know when the same people are still camping the same spot of the map an hour later.

That’s rarely a problem with solo roamers, but when a party of people (or worse, a guild party) just keeps running around the same objective, without any move towards capping it, only looking for easy targets, that’s just stupid. And I see that quite regularly.

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

if yer getting chased clean across the map, yer doin it right.

I was gonna say, if you are living long enough to have them chase you across the map, yer doing something very right!

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Truthfully speaking blobs don’t hate roamers in fact we appreciate their efforts. What zergs actually hate are people who come to spvp in wvw thinking that pve armor makes a difference in anything. Like seriously they just come to kill players that are just walking by trying to do something productive and when they need help doing something or defeating an enemy, they decide not to help you and instead let you die because they were dueling or some other stupid reason that involves nothing about WvW. Those are the roamers that we hate and we say are playing WvW wrong. What you the OP is doing is productive to the server so you’re not doing anything wrong.

Like literally those stupid duelers come in claiming a plot of land designated to be their arena, and all the do is kill anyone who comes through like seriously they deserve to die irl from cancer.

(edited by Nusku.3941)

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

i was about to +1 you... till i got to the end where you wished someone would die of cancer... uncool bro. srsly. that is NEVER cool

i tend to avoid people who are obviously in the middle of a duel. sometimes if i’m not busy in the middle of something else i’ll even stand around and watch the show. but i’m not gonna respect "this is our area, we’re dueling here". if you want an arena, go to OS. there’s a great one there.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

The only thing that bugged me about this thread, someone mentioned that they were “casually flipping camps” and a “roamer” came and killed them, cry*

How can u casually flip a camp that’s going to affect points, can give supplies to that one ram that’ll flip a keep or take away supplies to defend a keep, and not consider that that person that killed you could’ve reversed all that?

in WvW

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

I like roaming. Basically I enjoy being a pain in the butt to our rivals. Cap sentry points, supply depots etc….I’ll even drop a cata and run supply until it’s built and take a wall down on an enemy keep. Gank people as the opportunity arises and just be a troublemaker. It’s a fun way play WvW. I also like zerging but if there aren’t any on the map what’s a person to do? Roam.

By the way the comment about the food buffs is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read on the forums….LOL

in WvW

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

well I don’t know what you’re doing or how your playing so can’t judge.

Only roamers I don’t like. Are the ones that use food buffs vs people that don’t use them. Start the fight, but run or stealth if they look like they are going to lose, but keep coming back to catch me off guard when I’m hitting a camp. That to me is a dirty roamer… but I don’t know, maybe that’s what a roamer is meant to be nowadays? if so, that is a sad state of affairs indeed.

What? A roamer is a master troublemaker! Play spvp if you’re looking for “fair” play.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Nope I’ve seen it happen. More than once.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Remember, individual ideas about what constitutes a zerg changes from person to person server to server tier to tier.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Babylonn.5027

Babylonn.5027

I keep roaming with some m8’s because its just simply fun. I don’t focus capping camps/other stuff (sometimes i still cap) etc, i don’t even care if my server wins or loses. I only want to find decent fights. One reason for roaming is that you can actually see what your skills do and invidual skill matters way more. Ganking ppls is a lot of fun, jumping and spamming emotes on the salty enemies corpses is all fine. Best reward you can get from roaming is rage whispers and other offensive acts by enemies.

And no.. i don’t go pvp for that because i can’t roam in pvp, but ill do a lot pvp beside roaming. Some ppls call me toxic.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

The hate probably comes from how the “good” roamers are usually running builds with some absurd combination of mobility, stealth, sustain, or damage (via burst or condi pressure) that counters most other players unless they also have a similarly absurd build.

in WvW

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

1. roamers are almost always thieves which take 0 skill to get a kill with
2. roamers almost always try to gank people
3. roamers target people who want nothing to do with you

basically no one likes you because you’re annoying

Be sure to whisper those roamers in the large open player versus player game mode and tell them not to kill you because you don’t like it.

I will whisper the roamers who cry about dying to siege, large zergs, crying their "1v1"s got messed up, in a large scale open world vs world 100vs100vs100 game mode.

I’l try to let them know that they are in the wrong game mode for 1v1.

Real roaming and havoc squad groups have died long time ago. Only people left are carebears who cry because their 1v1’s got interrupted.

So sad that WVW is in such a bad spot, you have people just sitting around afk in one spot kittening each other off.

Hellion

in WvW

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

The hate probably comes from how the “good” roamers are usually running builds with some absurd combination of mobility, stealth, sustain, or damage (via burst or condi pressure) that counters most other players unless they also have a similarly absurd build.

yep the “good” roamers running condi builds with perplexity runes and mashing their foreheads on the keyboard Kappa, such skill much wow.

Hellion

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

It’s not too unusual.

It is pretty unusual to chase a roamer… known ganker guilds on the other hand… yeah those guys can get chased from one end to another. How do I know… come to T1 and follow us around. It hasn’t been a good night until we divert a zerg in our direction.

As for all the roamer/ganker QQ: if it is red it is dead. I respect the dueling etiquette otherwise any player in WvW is fair game and that includes uplevels. Players gotta learn the ropes some time and treating them with kid gloves doesn’t help.

I’m in T1 as well, my guild gets chased around the map all day. Do we gank? Not unless you run across our path, but still zergs chase us. You’d think they’d learn after failing to catch anyone 90% of the time but they keep at it.

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

The whole reason I bought this game was because I saw a clip on the G4 network or show, dunno I don’t watch much tv, but I saw the wvw scene where they were talking about 3 entire servers just on a map like a war one just killing each other. When this game first started it was like that, people scattered every, people fighting solo, small groups, zergs, all killing each other, now when someone gets killed, they get all mad for that same reason… I think most roamers feel the same way about that, there’s a part of them that’s in wvw to kill people, whether it’s capping objectives also, dueling, ganking, it’s all still part of wvw where people go in to well, go versus other worlds, not just cap tower for ponts and worry about ticks

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You are easy pickings for the zerg obviously.. I doubt its anything more complicated than that.. as a roamer you should be avoiding the zerg or even small roaming parties.. and not the other way around right? =p Unless you can take them corz.. >____<

You cant avoid a zerg thats coming specifically for 2 people to a camp.