wvw is failing

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Dolkje.4023

Dolkje.4023

WvW is failing because Anet isnt fixing the issues it needs to be fixing.

whats wrong atm:
Areas are to small and the landscape is to flat. This gives hardly room for smaller groups or solo players to roam.
This forces players to run with the zergs even if they dont like it. What GW2 will end up with is players who love to zerg. The rest will drop out.

que times:
enough said about it. HUGE issue.

Keeps:
Keeps in GW2 are good for attackers and bad for defenders. AoE can be placed on walls way to easy and reach areas they shouldnt reach. No save spots at all so why defend. Only numbers (read zerg) can help you win.

Ranks:
totaly silly. Being from DAoC i know what ranks can do. And these rewards are a joke. to be hit less hard by guards who are a joke alrdy is silly. Most rewards are for zerg players only.

Anet said this game would be a pvp/rvr game with also pve.
In my book its a pve game with some pvp and far far far far far away there is a thing that with the lights of looks like rvr.

Most of my guildies and in game friends alrdy left gw2 by now. Myself i log in…see whats wvw about. If long que or nighttrain is there again i log off and try again in a few days.

GW2 still got potential….but needs to focus on wvw more

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Landscapes: I agree with this one more or less, Id like a few more terrain tricks to pursuade me to take that falling dmg trait. and a couple more choke points, but on the whole I like the way its set up. If anything the existing maps are fine IMO but I’d love for there to be more maps for the different BL’s, even though I imagine that would be VERY difficult to balance. Perhaps just even re texturing it to fit each eternal sector: Green is lowlands and marshes, Blue is ruins and valleys, Red is mountains and crags.

Queue times: Move to a smaller tier. Problem solved. I would like Anet to open server transfers again, but restrict it to only certain servers moving to certain servers and only have a number of transfers available. Any open transfer system will only serve to create bandwagon tiers and overcrowding.

Keeps: I disagree here. A smaller number can ruin a larger numbers chance of taking the keep pretty easily. They aren’t made to be impenetrable, just a relatively safe place to make a last stand. I believe they accomplish that purpose fairly well. However, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Anet implement jp style traps in keep defense. Come on! A giant log trap or spike trap being triggered on a choke point would be awesome and if timed right, make the battles much more dynamic and dangerous. Especially when you take it to the extreme and talk about some of the borderlands keeps with the bridges going across certain areas? I would love to see a trap that would drop one side of the bridge, making it suddenly the width of a single plank and dropping the incoming zerg down to the floor below and dealing minor fall dmg to all of them. Nothing OP, but something that will make them think twice before trying to rush across in a group.

Ranks: The obvious choice to me seems to shift the CO tags into this category. Make it so you don’t get an ability per say, as that could put the grunts, pugs, and newcomers at a disadvantage, but give those that spend time in WvW the ability to communicate more effectively and take on leadership roles as the veterans of the server. Anyone can create a party, but a raider could gain access to a squad size of 10 and allow all 10 of those people to see his icon on the map. Same for the higher ranks, with expanding perks, and the Commander tag being the highest among these ranks with a larger squad size. Perhaps giving them the ability to talk on a separate commanders channel that extends across the current map into all WvW maps.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

• Terrain/landscapes – I’d love to see new maps for each borderlands. EB is too crowded for my taste. Borderlands map size is perfect for me. My dream is for each server to have their own unique Borderlands map with their own server theme.
  • Queues – I don’t know where you’re encountering this. Queues are practically non-existent in T2 NA except the first few hours of NA reset and I’ve heard T1 NA only has queues on reset day?
  • Keep defense – Well, realistically – more troops attacking should have the advantage. I think keeps can take an incredible amount of effort, time and gold to conquer. Not everyone has 2+ hours to command an offensive on a fully upgraded and well defended Hills / EB Keep / Garrison..
  • Ranks – While it is lackluster, I’m indifferent. It means very little to me. I’d trade this WvW rank system for a GvG arena and ranking system or a command raid squad setup with in game VoIP any day.

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

The biggest problem with WvW is the mentality of the people who play it. Faaar too many people have a destructive attitude towards failure.

Since September, 99% of our matchups has followed the same pattern – a bunch of guilds move to a green server who is winning comfortably already, ride the bandwagon up the tiers until it stalls, then hop onto another wagon. Now guilds will openly pay you to jump wagons.

And the forums are clogged with talk about skill and organisation in a game that is played like this? The are many things that Arena.net can look at on the design level (such as downed state health) but ultimately, they cannot and never have been able to save their game from the people who play it.

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Spets the MilkBandit.9031

#
que times:

Then get off the t1/2 zerg bandwaggon and go to t6/7/8 where there are no queue times and PLENTY of small group action.

Smitry / Spets
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] Commander
Northern Shiverpeaks

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Heh, I’m having some of the best fun in WvW this week that I’ve had in a while and in general I enjoy WvW most of the time anyway.

There are issues in WvW but not gamebreaking by any manner of means.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

whats wrong atm:

Areas are to small and the landscape is to flat.

que times

Keeps in GW2 are good for attackers and bad for defenders. AoE can be placed on walls way to easy and reach areas they shouldnt reach.

Ranks:
totaly silly.

I agree on the areas part, would definitely like to see more height differences. Spirit watch sPvP map was a really nice step in that direction, I hope we’ll see it for WvW some time too.

Don’t agree on queue times, if they’re really bad you should transfer. On my server longest queue seems to be 10 min, most of the time there is none.

I do agree on the aoe placement on walls. It’s nearly impossible to defend a tower vs a smart enemy, cause they’ll destroy whatever defensive siege you place, even though the siege can’t even be seen from the enemy characters point of view. Aoe on the wall and done.
Btw cannons and oil are pretty useless in their current state too, cause 1) they’re always targeted first and 2) if you stand next to them to operate you’ll get downed in 1 sec by enemy aoe.

Ranks are awesome.

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

good seige placement can counter good aoe as well as man stacking on the seige since aoe has 5 man limit… q times just transfer servers and stop the kitten so many have no q times… or try a bl instead of eb… there are also tons of choke points for small groups to use I’ve used 8 to take down 30 using a choke point 2 guardians and 2 ballista… the ranks are helpful reduced seige damage and such the guards and mercs are meant to help the small man groups with camp flipping and such…

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

There should be an option where players can chat with other players from different servers.

This has been my thought the 2nd week when the game was launched. There should be different maps released w/ different terrain and landscapes. Like.. an open grassy field where servers can just nuke it out, or an Asian themed where there’s bamboos and beautiful mountain views and (of course you get your castles) and there should be parts where water plays an effect into warfare (cuz irl they do). There can even be where there’s 3 islands and boats respawn at certain times and you can invade different islands of the invaders and such. So much potential..

There still aren’t really legit satisfying rewards for doing wvwvw. Defending that tower for hours.. or being the vanguard and such.. They really need to have something more going on.

Like said, this game really does have so much potential. But the game’s going to slowly die once again till something new comes out. There needs to be something game changing to the pvp/wvwvw part.

(edited by bladie.5084)

wvw is failing

in WvW

frostshade.3617

There should be an option where players can chat with other players from different servers.

This has been my thought the 2nd week when the game was launched. There should be different maps released w/ different terrain and landscapes. Like.. an open grassy field where servers can just nuke it out, or an Asian themed where there’s bamboos and beautiful mountain views and (of course you get your castles) and there should be parts where water plays an effect into warfare (cuz irl they do). There can even be where there’s 3 islands and boats respawn at certain times and you can invade different islands of the invaders and such. So much potential..

There still aren’t really legit satisfying rewards for doing wvwvw. Defending that tower for hours.. or being the vanguard and such.. They really need to have something more going on.

Like said, this game really does have so much potential. But the game’s going to slowly die once again till something new comes out. There needs to be something game changing to the pvp/wvwvw part.

First you can speak to them jus group invite them second different maps for wvw throw off the balance gvg maps and objective based gvgs would be interesting and fun though

Os guild

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I think a lot of issues would be solved if players couldn’t damage gates, or perhaps only when they are below 10% health already.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Hm, WvW is bad here, WvW is silly bla bla, and even if it’s just an opinion of one person who sucks at it, who is just a tiny percentage, rather meaningless one, but the person’s view matters and it is important so therefore WvW is a failure entirely.

/sarcasm

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Hello.
Wherever did you get the notion that GW2 was not primary PvE.

If you look at WvW, it really is rather “side line” kind of thing, some little offshoot of the main game were people can have some fun playing a bit of “Full Scale Battle”

If you were looking for 5v5, or even 1v1, then WvW is not the ideal domain for that. If you were big on rank and ability to kill another player, there is a whole system in place called sPvP for that, it fits the bill of tight maps, lots of ways to move around, small groups, and all that. Even ranking systems, alt leveling systems, gear, items, all the works for the smaller based player groups that want to test their skill on small battles and tight team fights.

Also. If your WvW is not what you want, maybe it’s the server. Some servers and tiers are only fielding 20 players on an entire map, much less a zerg of all of them.

So, like anything, this game is what you make of it, where you are, and what you are are doing.

So as opposed to trying (and failing) to demand Anet cater to make the game as you want it, maybe you should go off and find what you want from the game, as, what you want already exists.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

whats wrong atm:
Areas are to small and the landscape is to flat. This gives hardly room for smaller groups or solo players to roam.
This forces players to run with the zergs even if they dont like it. What GW2 will end up with is players who love to zerg. The rest will drop out.

que times:

Keeps:
Keeps in GW2 are good for attackers and bad for defenders. AoE can be placed on walls way to easy and reach areas they shouldnt reach. No save spots at all so why defend. Only numbers (read zerg) can help you win.

Ranks:
totaly silly. Being from DAoC i know what ranks can do. And these rewards are a joke. to be hit less hard by guards who are a joke alrdy is silly. Most rewards are for zerg players only.

In my book its a pve game with some pvp and far far far far far away there is a thing that with the lights of looks like rvr.

Most of my guildies and in game friends alrdy left gw2 by now. Myself i log in…see whats wvw about. If long que or nighttrain is there again i log off and try again in a few days.

Terrain:
If this is forcing you to run with the zerg even though you do not want to, then you need to try harder. Could be better, but it is not horrible.

Que Times:
This is a result, not an issue. If players did not insist on cramming themselves into a few top servers in the never ending battle of coverage wars, this would not be an issue and we need que times to try and get folks to disperse, if anything the numbers allowed per map should be reduced. The real problem is the failed trumped up importance of 24/7 coverage that causes this issue.

Keeps:
The ability to AoE pretty much anything on walls is certainly in need of fixing, but most defenses fail because players are too lazy or chasing WXP to drop siege in advance, not really because of keep defense issues.

Ranks:
100% agree, ANET seriously dropped the ball in that they made WXP a meaningless metric by allowing any tag of a kill to get full points and then introducing the 8 most boring, zerg friendly abilities they could find. The entire approach was lazy and pathetic.

Focus:
I think ANET had no idea how popular WvW was going to be and dropped the ball on release. That said they seem to have picked up the ball again and things seem to be moving forward in the last month. Of course you still have the clowns that created the WXP system working there, but trying to be positive

Lots of my friends quit because of the WXP system and tired of the game being so zerg focused. A lot will come back if ANET does something good.

~ AoN ~

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

whats wrong atm:

que times:

Keeps:

Ranks:

Hmm.. I run around in a small group in T2 sometimes and I don’t see the problem. There are always other roamers to fight and you just have to be good at avoiding the zerg. We can take camps kill yaks. I have even on a few occasions taken a keep with like 8 people(this seems ridiculous to me but whatever). Sooo many people crying about zergs yet I see a lot of small group action. Oh noes! I got steamrolled by a zerg in my small group /ragequit

Hmm.. I run around in a small group in T2 sometimes and I don’t see the problem. There are always other roamers to fight and you just have to be good at avoiding the zerg. We can take camps kill yaks. I have even on a few occasions taken a keep with like 8 people(this seems ridiculous to me but whatever). Sooo many people crying about zergs yet I see a lot of small group action. Oh noes! I got steamrolled by a zerg in my small group /ragequitL2Run when you see a zerg and do a better job of listening to scouts in /t and VoIP. They almost always keep everyone updated on where the zerg is.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Terrain: id love to see more line of sight blocking terrain to allow for more ambushes and to hide movements. Now that culling is gone, there are few places to hide or elude enemies.

Queue times are good when you are on the right server.

Keeps need more protection for cannons and oil. These items are seldom used since they are covered in aoe or already destroyed. Please fix Anet.

Ranks are great. Leave em be.

Contesting of keep waypoints should only be accomplished by hitting inner gates. Its far too easy to contest these areas. Borderlands are hard enough to defend against 2 organized servers, and when you are unable to port to bay or hill because it was touched by a thief, people get frustrated.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Lots of my friends quit because of the WXP system and tired of the game being so zerg focused. A lot will come back if ANET does something good.

I dunno know about you.. WXP has quite a few handy abilities that are anything but Zerg Friendly.

Case in Point:

Just look Guard Killer means nothing in a zerg, but couple that with Defense Against Guards, and suddenly that is real handy when you try to solo a camp

Also note: If you want to sty and solo the Quigg Camp, Nothing helps that along like * Mercenary Bane*

Supply capacity Mostly worthless in a large zerg that has no supply issues, but +5 Supply, means I can get things done with less people and thus helps the smaller groups.

Siege Might – Allows me to get into Keeps and Towers with less Siege Required, IE: Less Supply needed and thus small group friendly.

Just saying. Not everything is Zerg friendly as you all make it out to be. I liked the split they gave.

Some of it is very zerg friendly, some of it really favors the small group.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Kiran.2705

Kiran.2705

WvW ranks are beyond being a joke. They are totally and utterly irrelevant. My guild has multiple players over rank 100, none of whom have spent a single point. Those of us that have don’t seem to perform any better or worse. Talk about worthless.

I don’t actually think landscapes in GW2 are too flat. If anything, they aren’t flat enough. There are far too many choke points, narrow passages, and nearby structures for small groups to maneuver effectively. Large groups can cut you off with ease and they move just as quickly and efficiently as you do. Large groups can travel with 100% up-time on swiftness. In fact, it’s harder for small groups to do the same, given you have fewer people to rotate your abilities with. Without a wide selection of directions to run, large groups simply converge and destroy you. The fact that BLs are so small doesn’t help either. Zergs can cross a map quickly to respond to a small group attacking an objective and be there in time to murder them.

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

What a misleading title…

WvW is failing? Even if everything you said was true (which it is not), WvW would not be failing. Queue times result from high demand, the opposite of failing.

3/4 of your problems with WvW can be solved by transferring to a lower tier server.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I feel like no matter what the map limit is, people will transfer to the bandwagon servers to fill it. People want to have a full map 24/7 and then you end up with posts complainin the map is full 24/7.

WvW ranks shouldn’t be super required. There’s more than enough of a gear grind as it is and geared level 80’s have enough of an advantage over uplevel’ed characters to flatter egos.

Gate of Madness

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Spets the MilkBandit.9031

What a misleading title…

WvW is failing? Even if everything you said was true (which it is not), WvW would not be failing. Queue times result from high demand, the opposite of failing.

3/4 of your problems with WvW can be solved by transferring to a lower tier server.

But…But if he/she transfers to a lower tier server… and there is not blob to follow what then? You dont actually propose people stop jumping on the bandwaggon of top tier server zergs and actually learn to play/coordinate themselves do you? /sarcasm

Smitry / Spets
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] Commander
Northern Shiverpeaks

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

;Niim.9260Lots of my friends quit because of the WXP system and tired of the game being so zerg focused. A lot will come back if ANET does something good.

I have seen the complete opposite. WvW has seen a huge influx of people since WXP. I think more have been drawn to WvW than have left.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

In my opinion due to the excessive zerging WvW is to fast paced and needs to be slowed down a bit, a higher priority needs to be placed on defending and making all the objectives harder to capture. Don’t get me wrong I am not against the big zerg battles, there is nothing more epic than 3 servers 300+ battling it out over a major capture point, but it should not be happening at every point of the map ALL the time, rounding up your forces should be used in a very tactically manner, right now zerg blobbing has little to no risk with maximum rewards and incentives. Also nothing bores me to death more than trading towers, "ok we took “x” tower, lets all leave and have green server have a turn taking it and we will take it back again in 20min". This has discouraged many I know from participating as much, to few options left in WvW playstyle now outside of the zerg.

• I believe the easiest fix for all this ^ is just to make defending “x” objective with “x” amount of players rewards your server PPT, no defenders no points, I see no reason why anyone should be rewarded for abandoning an objective. This would accomplish spreading the players around and the add a risk factor for the mass zerging, you need more players to take an important objective you may have to pull troops from other objectives sacrificing PPT for a while to do so. Also gives small groups and guilds a place in WvW to contribute to the cause and have an impact.

*As far as the current maps go I think they are a pretty good size, would just like to see a better variety of map types, with different terrains, choke points, objectives, etc. If they rotate the map positioning like it was mentioned in an other thread balance would not be much of an issue.

*Queue times like many have said moving to a lower tier solves that issue.

*The Ranks thing was just mediocre fluff content IMO, I actually would have like to seen ANet take a better approach, maybe something along the lines of higher ranks allow you to purchase more unique skins so one can distinguish themselves by more than just a couple different letters above their heads.

Overall I don’t think WvW is failing “YET”, but it is definitely getting stale quickly, I believe ANet should make WvW more of a priority, its basically player driven content and as long as it has a solid unique foundation it will not need as much updating in the long run.

(edited by Deadcell.9052)

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

Keeps:
The ability to AoE pretty much anything on walls is certainly in need of fixing, but most defenses fail because players are too lazy or chasing WXP to drop siege in advance, not really because of keep defense issues.

I agree that you have to be extremely mindful of siege placement and you should place siege in advance. However, my issue is more with the current siege despawn rate at 30 minutes. If you are outnumbered on a map it is extremely difficult to keep siege alive with the current rate at which they despawn and this is made next to impossible if you have to defend a structure for any extended amount of time. This timer should be doubled at least IMO.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Why would you play WvW if you don’t like it?

I love it, and so I play it

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Zyaq.6945

Zyaq.6945

Come to T9, (not everyone please!) there are no queues, less zergs (Not recently with Arborstone zerging around though), and interesting late-time small group fights.

Fissure of Woe – [Dark]
Zyaq – Warrior

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

WvW is failing / Queues are too long.

Pick one. Might as well say McDonalds is going under because they have too many customers trying to buy a hamburger.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

wvw is failing

in WvW

frostshade.3617

Pick one. Might as well say McDonalds is going under because they have too many customers trying to buy a hamburger.

Lol thank you I want to shake your hand

Os guild

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: BrockMcCleery.9562

BrockMcCleery.9562

Why say its failing when it clearly is not? Just say “WvW could use these changes” or whatever.

Anyways, I agree that maps need to be bigger and more varried.

Q times? Even in tier 1 this is only a problem Friday night after reset. NON-ISSUE. They have to cap pop, deal with it. Maybe with bigger maps and some more efficiency fixes they could up the cap.

The could use some reward changes but there’s always complaints about rewards and what rewards most. Just play the game, ranks just come. I played DAoC and never cared about RPs. They just happened and I was top 25. Sometimes I went to keeps, sometimes I soloed and sometimes I ran with friends or with top gank groups. Players fret way too much over rewards. Only thing that matters is the ease with which one can attain competitive gear, which is still reasonable in GW2.

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Lol thank you I want to shake your hand

Was about to say the same thing I would love to have a queue to deal with. That would mean there are actually lots of people playing. In fact, the only way to have an even fight is to have a queue – you know there are the same number of people then. Better than having lopsided fights.

I agree that attacking is too easy and defending is too hard and its too easy to capture a tower or keep. But they probably made it that way on purpose because if it was hard to flip locations people would cry about how hard it is and its no fun because locations don’t change hands often enough.

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Epic. Great analogy.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Harrish.8743

Harrish.8743

my issue is more with the current siege despawn rate at 30 minutes. If you are outnumbered on a map it is extremely difficult to keep siege alive with the current rate at which they despawn and this is made next to impossible if you have to defend a structure for any extended amount of time. This timer should be doubled at least IMO.

Siege despawn rates are so incredibly annoying. It hurts underpopulated servers and forces someone to stand around bored out of their mind ticking siege rather than enjoying the game. Would really like to see Anet adjust the rate or come up with some other mechanism (like guild influence).

Hellfire Circus [HfC]

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

I think many people are failing to understand what the term “WORLD” means. Wouldn’t you look at world and see that it is involving that world as a whole and not as individuals or small teams? Individuals and small teams would fall into arenas and or guild vs guild like in guild wars 1. World implies huge amount of people. And if your world has less resources, it would usually fail in real life and should be in game as well. If you go in there thinking you should be able to solo another world, then that part of the game doesn’t exists. Trust me. I’ve tried it. I thought I can and should have been able to solo a zerg. For some reasons, Anet forgot to buff me enough to withstand damage like Seigerazer… Yeah, maybe that can fix it. Provide such buffs to help me counter zergs and I can video that and youtube it…

-S o S-

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I think many people are failing to understand what the term “WORLD” means. Wouldn’t you look at world and see that it is involving that world as a whole and not as individuals or small teams? Individuals and small teams would fall into arenas and or guild vs guild like in guild wars 1. World implies huge amount of people. And if your world has less resources, it would usually fail in real life and should be in game as well. If you go in there thinking you should be able to solo another world, then that part of the game doesn’t exists. Trust me. I’ve tried it. I thought I can and should have been able to solo a zerg. For some reasons, Anet forgot to buff me enough to withstand damage like Seigerazer… Yeah, maybe that can fix it. Provide such buffs to help me counter zergs and I can video that and youtube it…

Who is talking about soloing a zerg?

If you are talking about the people complaining about them, I’d say it’s more a case of wanting to have an impact on the battlefield even if you run in a smaller group.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

;Niim.9260Lots of my friends quit because of the WXP system and tired of the game being so zerg focused. A lot will come back if ANET does something good.

I have seen the complete opposite. WvW has seen a huge influx of people since WXP. I think more have been drawn to WvW than have left.

Lol, that’s due in part to TC buying guilds from CD and the fact that your server is a bandwagon!

Of course you see the opposite

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

ESO is your calling……only matter of time.

According to Firor many of the PVP battles will take place in a huge central zone called Cyrodiil, where up to 2,000 players can participate. The game is optimized to have 200 players battling on screen at a time.

“We’re planning on having 2,000 people at once in Cyrodiil,” says Firor. “In a particular fight our client is optimized to have 200 players on-screen at one time, which means you’ll have very large battles within an even larger battlefield.”

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/5032/20130201/elder-scrolls-online-release-date-features-zenimax-studios-explains-pvp-works-in-eso-world-of-warcraft-mmorpg-trailer.htm

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

our client is optimized

The client is never the problem, it’s the server that is the issue in large scale fights.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

whats wrong atm:

que times:

Keeps:

Ranks:

I completely agree with everything other than the server queue. Idk what thats about.

Imo WvW is certainly the “end game” of GW2. Other than Legendary farming, which is a whole different story.

If arenanet would take a look at WvW, and fix the issues many people are bringing up just like you, Guild Wars might be interesting for a much longer period of time.

Good call. I’m with you.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Completely agree. They said that you can do PvP and be up to par with PvE players. Now that’s complete not true. Ascended items lol? The amount of gold PvE players have vs WvW only players. You cannot even begin to compare with them. I wish that they give us WvW players only better drops for us (remove some of the already garbage drops we have) and increase the drop chance, and do something with ascended items so we can have access to them through WvW. This would fix the reward system for WvW. The ranks in my opinion are completely lulz worthy. They contribute to nothing.. I hope they do something to encourage smaller group play and possible remove all this balling up zerging 50+ man..

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

If arenanet would take a look at WvW, and fix the issues many people are bringing up just like you, Guild Wars might be interesting for a much longer period of time.

You got new developers who, in the last month, did more for this format than we’ve seen in the six months prior to culling going poof.

Completely agree. They said that you can do PvP and be up to par with PvE players. Now that’s complete not true. Ascended items lol? The amount of gold PvE players have vs WvW only players. You cannot even begin to compare with them. I wish that they give us WvW players only better drops for us (remove some of the already garbage drops we have) and increase the drop chance, and do something with ascended items so we can have access to them through WvW. This would fix the reward system for WvW. The ranks in my opinion are completely lulz worthy. They contribute to nothing.. I hope they do something to encourage smaller group play and possible remove all this balling up zerging 50+ man..

First off, you’re quoting something that was stated for sPvP… and where said statement continues to ring true. Second, to say that the ranks are useless/contribute nothing (which provide you several incredibly powerful siege upgrades as well as allowing smaller groups to carry more supply (which is the heart of this game)) shows that you likely have no understanding of how the format actually works. Some of the ranks are useless but most certainly not all of them: Cannon Mastery Lv1, Balista Mastery, Supply, and soon to be the Arrow Cart Mastery are anything but useless.

The fact that ranks don’t make/help you “pwn nubz” doesn’t make them useless.

According to Firor…

I’m glad that you can eat his bullkitten up, I’d also love to interest you in a notepad document where I’ve outlined the greatest game eva! Please send me money and blind belief.

Meanwhile, the more that is leaked about the this game, the more apparent it becomes that its not (made) for PvP. Which is a bit bizarre when you think about how much they’ve marketed their unseen PvP. Ahh, but marketing.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I wish that they give us WvW players only better drops for us (remove some of the already garbage drops we have) and increase the drop chance, ..

Rewards or lack thereof in wvw needs to stay as is. Otherwise there would be far more bandwagoning by players to stacked servers. It’s already bad now and will only get worse…..

wvw is failing

in WvW

Issues.5789

Vena:
First off, you’re quoting something that was stated for sPvP… and where said statement continues to ring true. Second, to say that the ranks are useless/contribute nothing (which provide you several incredibly powerful siege upgrades as well as allowing smaller groups to carry more supply (which is the heart of this game)) shows that you likely have no understanding of how the format actually works. Some of the ranks are useless but most certainly not all of them: Cannon Mastery Lv1, Balista Mastery, Supply, and soon to be the Arrow Cart Mastery are anything but useless.

Strong reading comprehension.. All the gear is given in Spvp.. I’m talking about WvW.. not Spvp.. Lol not everyone uses siege weapons and camps on them all day. Ooo 5 supply. I actually do know quite a lot about small group play; It’s just my guild doesn’t carry supply and take keeps as it’s not our goal. I also like how you address me talking about the reward system, but I’m guessing you play PvE so you’re content with it

(edited by Issues.5789)

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

All the gear is given in Spvp.. I’m talking about WvW.. not Spvp.

Seeing as how the statement was never said for WvW… then I have no idea what you’re even thinking. Not having to PvE to PvP has almost certainly never been said about WvW especially since at launch it was advertised (and treated) as an extension of PvE.

Lol not everyone uses siege weapons and camps on them all day. Ooo 5 supply. I actually do know quite a lot about small group play; It’s just my guild doesn’t carry supply and take keeps as it’s not our goal. I also like how you address me talking about the reward system, but I’m guessing you play PvE so you’re content with it

Then you’re playing the wrong format? I’m not sure what to tell you or what you expect the buffs to do from ranks. They are designed around the mechanics of the format which is: supply and siege.

Talking about the rewards? I didn’t talk about them at all because I don’t care about it.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

wvw is failing

in WvW

Issues.5789

All the gear is given in Spvp.. I’m talking about WvW.. not Spvp.

Seeing as how the statement was never said for WvW… then I have no idea what you’re even thinking. Not having to PvE to PvP has almost certainly never been said about WvW especially since at launch it was advertised (and treated) as an extension of PvE.

Lol not everyone uses siege weapons and camps on them all day. Ooo 5 supply. I actually do know quite a lot about small group play; It’s just my guild doesn’t carry supply and take keeps as it’s not our goal. I also like how you address me talking about the reward system, but I’m guessing you play PvE so you’re content with it

Then you’re playing the wrong format? I’m not sure what to tell you or what you expect the buffs to do from ranks. They are designed around the mechanics of the format which is: supply and siege.

Talking about the rewards? I didn’t talk about them at all because I don’t care about it.

I’d like proof on your statement about PvE and WvW.. Also; the whole point of rewards system is so that people who only do PvP should be able to not be forced to do PvE to be “endgame” as the rest of the PvE fractal and dungeon runners. I’m aware what the ranks do.. I’m just saying not everyone sits on siege all day and waits to use it. When I run with my guild we go looking for battles and fights as that’s what we enjoy.

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

Absolutely true. The line is too long of a wait and the ‘hamburger’ they are getting tastes like crap and those customers are less likely to come back. Unless they are desperate (IRL: time crunch, In-game: I need badges or a daily), that horrid excuse for a ‘burger’ will not at all be a preferred choice. McDonalds is not known for it’s quality.

For any server server getting out-zerg’d, but see your Lion’s Arch filled with bored/semi-idle/and bored players… I wonder why this is.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

(edited by Runehand.9368)

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Icelut.3509

Icelut.3509

I’d like to see a lot more small group fights in wvw. So tired of running around with my small group or solo and running across ridiculously large zergs. On the odd occasion that we do happen across a group of equal or nearly equal size we are able to have some great pvp. But seriously Anet your update with the ranking system only causes people to zerg more. There is a guy on my server (Maguuma) with a ranking of 148. all from zerging. your average roamer has a rating of 15 – 30. How is this balanced? Could WXP be calculated by how many people hit a target. so zergs would get 1 or 0 wxp per kill?

wvw is failing

in WvW

frostshade.3617

Its called wvw for a reason even the name makes you think large numbers… not kitten 10v10 even just large numbers you want small man with no chance of finding urself face to face with 50+ go spvp

Os guild

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

The biggest problem with WvW is the mentality of the people who play it. Faaar too many people have a destructive attitude towards failure.

Since September, 99% of our matchups has followed the same pattern – a bunch of guilds move to a green server who is winning comfortably already, ride the bandwagon up the tiers until it stalls, then hop onto another wagon. Now guilds will openly pay you to jump wagons.

And the forums are clogged with talk about skill and organisation in a game that is played like this? The are many things that Arena.net can look at on the design level (such as downed state health) but ultimately, they cannot and never have been able to save their game from the people who play it.

This is really true. Mentally is the biggest problem in WvW. It’s not even just abotu the bandwagon servers and the hoppers, it’s about individual servers. People see that one server happens to have a few more players on at a certain time, lose one fight, so they get off. This wouldn’t be so bad if it were just a few here and there, but it happens on mass. In CD, it was horrible. You’d lose one zerg fight and you’d lose half your zerg for good. This just created a downward spiral which would last throughout the week. CD had the numbers and the potential, people just didn’t get on WvW because they didn’t think it was worth it.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarz.1750

Ragnarz.1750

Regarding ranged skills . . .

Can anyone provide the justification for having skills that are not limited by Line-of-Sight?

wvw is failing

in WvW

Posted by: Slagburst.5304

Slagburst.5304

My friend,
DAOC will always live in our hearts but this watered down version of real WvWvW is the best we have atm, and until Camelot Unleashed is released, IF its ever released, we just have to grin and bare it. While there are tons of problems with this system and as the DEVs have said there are money issues since its not a sub game, just kick back and have patience and see what they come up with. I to agree about the rank system they added. I was hopping for joy when I heard about it, and logging in to see something like 5% less dmg from AOE or 4% faster run speed or something that I can feel is worthwhile we got a joke of it instead. It is just the way of things. I too agree that the maps are to small, IMO they should combine all 4 maps putting EB SM in the center and the triangle spawn points at the furthest corners. This would fix a lot of problems but with their lack of funds I doubt that will ever happen since there servers can barely handle a one full battleground. Just don’t focus on one thing in this game, I usually just grind for gold, then wvwvw then spvp to mix is up. Anyway I wish you luck and hope that someday we can find what we are looking for, till then see you on the battlefield.