Whispers of Acoma [WoA] ~ Crystal Desert ~ PvX ~ Casual

in Guilds

Posted by: Kayg Hunter.7849

Kayg Hunter.7849

Whispers of Acoma was founded back in 2006 on the principle of give (time) and receive (friendship++). We aimed to become a social guild that would allow for players from all over the world come together to enjoy the world of Tyria.

That principle has followed us to Guild Wars 2. Our aim in Guild Wars 2 is to enjoy as many aspects of the game as we can. We encourage grouping, not just within our own guild but with who ever you can find to group with. We strongly believe that the game is best played in a group. Yes you can solo this entire
game, hell we have even found ourselves soloing Champions, but where is the fun in that? I still remember the first time I fought and won against Glint back in 2005… We stood around taking screenshots and complimenting each other on a job well done, each of us a complete stranger before that mission.. The joy of doing that was in the group. I remember defeating Glint in Hardmode just a few months ago, for Guardian Title Track, which should have been an even bigger achievement, and thinking nothing of it ~ because it was with NPC Heroes.

We believe the community in Guild Wars 2 can rival that of Guild Wars 1 in its hayday. It just takes the right mind set and that starts with Guilds fostering that spirit.

To that end, this is what we offer;

• Friendly Guildmates (Warbandmates for the Charr among us)
  • Dungeon runs ~ Including Story Modes (remember, you can do a dungeon with anyone on any world)
  • PvE Exploration (not just 100% of each map, but searching each nook and cranny)
  • PvP Events
  • WvW Events
  • Impromptu Events
  • Teamspeak 3 Server for VoIP, for use any time*
  • Forums for internal Guild chit chat ~ We know that people often play more than 1 game, use these forums to share your experiences with your Guildmates
  • Helpful Leadership/Officers ~ the crux of any Guild, beyond its members, is a team of Leaders that understand the needs of its members. We promote helpfulness throughout our Guild, but even more so in our Officers.
  • Shared resources ~ We don’t expect members to give up anything, but often times we have a few resources left over from a crafting session and we know we won’t need that chunk of Silver Ore again, so it goes to Guildmates first.
  • Shared loot ~ Our Guild bank, small as it is atm, is a place to drop Green items you just don’t want to vendor but think someone might get use of.

And just about anything else a Guildmate might need, that doesn’t take advantage.

What we expect from our members;

• Accept Guild Invite
  • Represent the Guild when you can/want
  • Nothing else ~ it’s as simple as A B (don’t even need C) ~ You get out what you put in to a Guild. The more you represent Whispers of Acoma the more you get out of it.

Whispers of Acoma is currently based on Crystal Desert (US) as Homeworld, but we are recruiting across all Worlds. In those worlds where we get more players we will assign World Officers that can purchase upgrades and so forth.

Thats’s it in a nutshell. As the game develops we will adapt to cover any new aspects of the game. In the meantime we will continue to enjoy the game and promote social interaction to everyones benefit.

We look forward to seeing you ingame.

• We currently use Teamspeak as it is free to run for up to 32 clients. I run the server myself that I can be assured it is up 24/7 (bar allowing for my curious 2 yr old pulling at network cables >< ) We are open to running other VoIP programs though, if the demand is high enough ~ Just let me know which programs you are interested in.

(edited by Kayg Hunter.7849)

in Guilds

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Currently running daily events, our focus is friendly, mature and helpful members. This extends to the community in helping to make it a better game for all. Casual and we enjoy helping out when we can.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Guilds

Kayg Hunter.7849

Recently appointed our first dedicated PvP Officer and looking to recruit dedicated PvPers. Feel free to check us out. Staying isn’t mandatory

in Guilds

Kayg Hunter.7849

Whispers of Acoma is still looking for players of all levels and all nationalities. We are gaining Influence at an increased pace and have Guild Boosts running regularly to benefit the Guild and Players alike. We are working towards the better Economy Boosts currently (longer gathering bonuses) and PvP boosts are next to follow.

We have players of differing levels so there is always someone in the area that you are exploring in willing to join you.

As always Teamspeak is up and running 24/7 and we welcome guests in our channels for PvP, exploration, WvW and so on.

Look forward to seeing you ingame.

in Guilds

Kayg Hunter.7849

Whispers of Acoma will shortly be doing CoF runs. If you are interested in getting the dungeon armor related to Citadel of Flame then give us a shout. To facilitate the members that we have ready to start these runs now we will be doing runs during the week at approx 00:00 GMT (19:00 EST).

in Guilds

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Bump

WoA accepts people from all walks of life, we don’t judge on gender, race, personality or lifestyle. As members from the early days of Guild Wars we love to discuss lore, gaming style and helping people to get the most out of their play time, we are always on hand to help.

It doesn’t matter how long you can get on for nor how good a player you are; if you share our same values and are looking for a dram free guild and one to call home for years then call WoA, a guild where you can log on, say hi and unwind always.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”