Clock Tower glove reward

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kando.9046

Kando.9046

I completed the Mad King’s Clock Tower and chose the Light gloves with Dire stats (wanting this for my Mesmer) on my Engineer being unaware that it was a one time reward per account. I cannot sell or salvage the gloves and it is a one time reward which makes it currently useless for me, I was wondering if anyone from Arenanet could respond on whether anything can be done or am I just screwed and lose out on the reward?

Personally I would rather the item be account bound and soulbound on use at the very least if it’s going to stay 1 per account.

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Sorry to tell you, but they are in fact account bound and soulbound on use. You made the good old mistake of totally ignoring the flashy red text that says: “Warning: Selecting stats will make the item soulbound and is permanent.”

I do agree that one pair of gloves per account is rather lame, I was hoping to get at least one of each armor class. Not to mention that I can’t get the fitting shoes because apparently they were attainable last year only?
I have enough one-of-a-kind-armor-pieces (Fused Gaunlets, Dragonbash Helmet, Clockwork Shoulders, etc.) that don’t fit anywhere else really because Anet thinks complete armor sets are for ninnies or something. :/

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

I don’t see why this wasn’t made once per character as last year’s was. It’s account bound (heck make it soulbound on acquire). I hardly see any harm in that.

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t see why this wasn’t made once per character as last year’s was. It’s account bound (heck make it soulbound on acquire). I hardly see any harm in that.

Yeah.. this.

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vitkacy.6503

Vitkacy.6503

Yep. This “Soulbound to acc” should be enough for this item. I picked heavy armor on my ranger (for my guardian) thinking “Soulbound to acc” so I transfer ready item to my another char and now puff! I can’t do kitten and have worthless item on ranger. Maybe think about remove soulbound to char bullkitten and stay only on soulbound to acc.

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

transmute to white, give to mesmer, transmute to exotic stats of choice?

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

OK, I haven’t run the clock tower admittedly, but just in case I do, please can someone clarify a little more. If it’s account bound, it isn’t soul bound, but reading this thread makes it seem like these terms are being used interchangeably.

Piken Square

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

transmute to white, give to mesmer, transmute to exotic stats of choice?

Does this still really work? I thought they fixed that a LONG time ago.

I did the mad memories book on my then main (engineer) but didn’t want to use the book on it because of the tool kits covering it up, I wanted to use it on a different character so I haven’t applied it yet hoping this was still a possibility, but don’t want to waste it either. Really just want the skin as the stats are worthless.

Piken Square

(edited by magicweaver.2695)

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Not to mention that I can’t get the fitting shoes because apparently they were attainable last year only?
I have enough one-of-a-kind-armor-pieces (Fused Gaunlets, Dragonbash Helmet, Clockwork Shoulders, etc.) that don’t fit anywhere else really because Anet thinks complete armor sets are for ninnies or something. :/

Btw the gloves from this year aren’t part of same set as the boots from last year. Check: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_King%27s_armor
And the skins from last year weren’t unique sadly, they just used the same skins as already existing armor. I don’t know for sure if that also goes for this years gloves but they do seem rather familiar to me.

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

it works to transfer skins from one character to another, at least on almost all items (not trinkets, for example). I hear it even works on cultural armors.

Clock Tower glove reward

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Joemo.6074

Joemo.6074

Yes i agree, I think it should be at least once per character.