Disappointed..

Disappointed..

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

The BotFW event is the most beautiful location Anet has made so far imo. Now there are 16 achievements required to get a Quartz Node…A QUARTZ NODE?!?. Really?! One of the achievements required to collect 40 sky crystals … Which is time consuming plus the requirement for jumping puzzles to get hidden kites. BotFW is a very wide spread and quite time consuming event and to get a node which gives you 3 quartz a day is just pathetic imo. Moving on to the Zaphyr sanctum model..well that is self explanatory. A 240 p resolution..probably lower..which most people just dont want to view it because its just a vista in 240p. What was Anet thinking? Whoever came up with these rewards surely made a big mistake..and i know that not every living story is meant to be amazing..thats the whole point of Living stories .. Its random..but the decision for the rewards which required quite a lot of effort was but a poor decision on Anets behalf. At least make the resolution HD? Sorry for the rant..i felt it was necessary. XD

Disappointed..

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So, you are one of those people that do stuff for the rewards rather than the actual content?
Why assume they are building the game around people like that?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Disappointed..

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

So, you are one of those people that do stuff for the rewards rather than the actual content?
Why assume they are building the game around people like that?

Of course i do stuff for rewards..its a game..you get rewarded in games for completing objectives right?

Disappointed..

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Of course i do stuff for rewards..its a game..you get rewarded in games for completing objectives right?

Personally I don’t really care much about the reward but rather do stuff for the story and in order to get involved in the world.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Disappointed..

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

You forgot that after event quartz node in home instances will be only way to obtain that material – and that one is only one that have a chance to “critical succes” that gives You charged crystal

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Disappointed..

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Personally I don’t really care much about the reward but rather do stuff for the story and in order to get involved in the world.

It is possible for some people to pursue both of the listed objectives here. It’s not an either or choice and if it was, I would not be playing this game.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Disappointed..

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Well, even if you don’t care, game designers are acutely aware of reward in gaming and focus a great deal of attention there. Why? Because humans are wired for reward and game developers want to engage the player in a meaningful way. In gaming, there are intrinsic rewards in the gameplay itself and extrinsic rewards (loot). Both are essential in making a successful game (in this genre) with human beings as a target audience. To suggest that reward, intrinsic or extrinsic, is unimportant, would be to misunderstand the significance of reward in gaming.