Sanctum Sprint changes....

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

Rewards in Sanctum Sprint have been updated to give players who complete the race karma and coins.

so, are those of us who completed it 25-30 times for achievement rewards going to be compensated with coins & karma aswell? kindof a kick in the face :/

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

yea =/ I’ve done it a bunch of times for the Sprint achievements but now they’re adding karma and coin rewards as well? Grr… Should have waited before doing them >.<

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

umm you have just as much opportunity now as everyone else?

Why does it matter how many times you have done it?

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

lol I’ve done it so many times already…
I wish I have waited.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Just as I completed all the achievements and raced over 30+ times…..lol
gg anet lol.

Xiao Haishou.3691

Because we’ve already spent time doing the Sanctum Sprint without getting all of the rewards

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Because we’ve already spent time doing the Sanctum Sprint without getting all of the rewards

you were told exactly what you would get for completing it. Apparently you thought it was worth doing. Anet doesn’t owe you anything.

If you buy a car and a month later the price drops do you go back to the dealership and demand a refund for the difference?
If you buy a video game and a week later the price drops do you go and demand the difference?
if a company offers a new bonus for signing up for its service when you are already a member do you demand they give you the sign up bonus even though you are already signed up?

This is no different.

Xiao Haishou.3691

you were told exactly what you would get for completing it. Apparently you thought it was worth doing. Anet doesn’t owe you anything.

If you buy a car and a month later the price drops do you go back to the dealership and demand a refund for the difference?
If you buy a video game and a week later the price drops do you go and demand the difference?
if a company offers a new bonus for signing up for its service when you are already a member do you demand they give you the sign up bonus even though you are already signed up?

This is no different.

If you buy something and the EXACT SAME DAY the price drops, you will be refunded the difference.

(edited by Xiao Haishou.3691)

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

I usually am not one to complain about things like this… but I decided to do the sprint again, just for fun. To my shock, I received 10 silver for completing the race.

Considering I had already completed all of the achievements for Sanctum Sprint (and assuming that amount of silver was the average), I missed out on an entire 2 and a half gold for my efforts in the minigame.

I’m all for live and let live but I think it is beyond absurd that a player would be punished for being excited to experience new content and making sure to enjoy it as soon as possible. I don’t expect any sort of refund… but it’s this kind of thing that just comes off kitten unprofessional on patch release days.

It’s been a year, it’s time for these whiffs to stop occurring.

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Well there goes 3-4 gold for me, gg anet..

Xiao Haishou.3691

I usually am not one to complain about things like this… but I decided to do the sprint again, just for fun. To my shock, I received 10 silver for completing the race.

Considering I had already completed all of the achievements for Sanctum Sprint (and assuming that amount of silver was the average), I missed out on an entire 2 and a half gold for my efforts in the minigame.

I’m all for live and let live but I think it is beyond absurd that a player would be punished for being excited to experience new content and making sure to enjoy it as soon as possible. I don’t expect any sort of refund… but it’s this kind of thing that just comes off kitten unprofessional on patch release days.

It’s been a year, it’s time for these whiffs to stop occurring.

yea. I mean, they’ve been preparing for this patch for quite a while. They should have thought this out already instead of implementing coin and karma on a whim

Posted by: GoddessHrist.8472

GoddessHrist.8472

It’s amazing how the GW2 community finds a way to complain about getting better rewards.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

“All good comes to those who wait…”

Only done that race a few times (don’t have ages to play in my evenings), but I mostly did it for the crystals you get as reward… And the fun to play it.

But I’ll be looking forward to the karma I’ll get tonight!

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

For those who have not done it again to see the karma/coin rewards, it’s a tiny drop of karma, and around 10 silver. Not a huge amount, but noticeable.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If you buy something and the EXACT SAME DAY the price drops, you will be refunded the difference.

Not in my experience.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

Not in my experience.

they would have to, items fall within a refund period. all you got to do return item for refund & rebuy it at sale price. either way. i still want my free karma & gold XD

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Before the update you could get 6-7 quartz. Now you get a bag containing 9-11 silver. Yesterday, a few hours after the update 7 quartz was around 8 silver on the TP.

Xiao Haishou.3691

Now they’ve updated it to give you silver, karma AND quartz… Great…

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

So sort of like doing an event where you kill a load of trash in the process (random kite cookies fortunes from murdered trash mobs are easily my primary source of quartz; they also give the currency stuff and recipes pretty frequently).

Honestly if you don’t like the race… don’t race. It’s far from the only way to get silver, karma, or quartz.

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

I guess I messed up when I got the Sprint achievement yesterday while my guild mates used food buffs to do the Belching achievement.

So now they get better rewards for doing the sprint and I can’t use food.

QQ me. Oh well, lesson learned.

HoD

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I have done it so many times already.

Now I need to run many times more!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Winning now gets you an extra ~3 silver and 300 karma.

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Probably will see fewer people willing to let other people come in first now.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Xiao Haishou.3691

So sort of like doing an event where you kill a load of trash in the process (random kite cookies fortunes from murdered trash mobs are easily my primary source of quartz; they also give the currency stuff and recipes pretty frequently).

Honestly if you don’t like the race… don’t race. It’s far from the only way to get silver, karma, or quartz.

The point isn’t to get silver, karma, and quartz, its to get the “proper” rewards that we missed out on.

Winning now gets you an extra ~3 silver and 300 karma.

Winning now gets you an extra 6-11 silver and 300-1000 karma.
6 silver from yesterday, now its 10-11 silver.
Multiply that by 60 runs and that’s around 4-6g
Thats also about 50 first places/60 so thats 53000 karma

I guess I messed up when I got the Sprint achievement yesterday while my guild mates used food buffs to do the Belching achievement.

So now they get better rewards for doing the sprint and I can’t use food.

QQ me. Oh well, lesson learned.

You don’t need food to beat the things. I didn’t use food at all and I got the Belching achievement the day BotFW came out. Also, they nerfed Adnul, who was the only problem with the belching achievement anyways.

(edited by Xiao Haishou.3691)

Posted by: Archenson.7680

Archenson.7680

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

It has happened many times in the reverse for me. Where the rewards are really high and by the time I am home from work they drop.

i.e. Aetherblade shoulders was 60 s and then 3 s by the time I got home.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

The point isn’t to get silver, karma, and quartz, its to get the “proper” rewards that we missed out on.

This isn’t a bug that prevented you from getting your reward or something you can’t repeat like achievements. There was an activity with such a payout which you completed and received the appropriate compensation. Now the compensation has improved and you can either keep doing it because you don’t mind doing it, or make your profits elsewhere because you don’t like it.

Something tells me you’d have sudden second thoughts about setting this precedent if they also decided to lower your rewards to the ‘proper’ amount every time they changed (i.e. nerfed) loot drops and that sort of thing (exploits aside).

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

This is no different.

LOL, yea, try this with a new car. What you say is only applicable if the store has that policy/practice.