Anet afraid to make Abaddon fractal?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

So I just saw the update in the polls and after 9.5million tokens it still sits at 52%/48% which was the same as last week. I cannot believe that it is that close.

The forums are full of people wanting that fractal to be made, and hardly any positive threads about Kiel. She’s already been labeled Trahearne 2.0, other threads are questioning why anyone would like her. On my server the chat is always in favour of Evon.

I think we have hyped up the Abaddon fractal too much and Anet will skew the number in Kiels favour just to avoid a disappointing fractal that doesn’t live up to expectations.

calling it now, the race will be close and Kiel will unfortunately win, then we will get another inquest dungeon with golems.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Did I miss something? Is Gnashblade offering tin foil hats now?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Evon supporters should buy more votes with $$$$ or keep on grinding. That’s all Anet wants. But I guess Ellen supporters will do the same. So it’s even more win for Anet.

I don’t think they care who wins, it’s all about getting people to spend more bucks and to log more play time.

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I’ll explain you slowly:

- Casual players of the game itself, will probably in major part vote in Kiel. (Good person, WP reduced, and also a good fractal for a real Gw2 lore)
- Actually, 75% of players in game don’t uses foruns, so, its obviously that the number of Kiel likers in foruns are lesser. They are more happy playing the game, and not complaining about ever all contentes released.
- The non-changing in the polls its obvious. As the poll had been at 52/48 at half of the content, it probably would not change at all. The very same people voting in kiel will continue voting on kiel. The very same people voting in Gnahs will not change thir votes.

Well, Had not any need to ever be complaining about all. I’m siding with kiel, because of the personality of both candidates , also because of the WP reduced (I don’t buy keys too), and of course because of the TR fractal. I’m pretty sure that presence a fight with abaddon probably should be cool, But I already know what happens, and How it happens. TR its a gw2 threat actually present in the Gw2 timeline, and for sure I don’t even know what happened there.

(edited by MauricioCezar.2673)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thaiseeran.9243

Thaiseeran.9243

I’ll explain you slowly:

- Casual players of the game itself, will probably in major part vote in Kiel. (Good person, WP reduced, and also a good fractal for a real Gw2 lore)
- Actually, 75% of players in game don’t uses foruns, so, its obviously that the number of Kiel likers in foruns are lesser. They are more happy playing the game, and not complaining about ever all contentes released.
- The non-changing in the polls its obvious. As the poll had been at 52/48 at half of the content, it probably would not change at all. The very same people voting in kiel will continue voting on kiel. The very same people voting in Gnahs will not change thir votes.

Well, Had not any need to ever be complaining about all. I’m siding with kiel, because of the personality of both candidates , also because of the WP reduced (I don’t buy keys too), and of course because of the TR fractal. I’m pretty sure that presence a fight with abaddon probably should be cool, But I already know what happens, and How it happens. TR its a gw2 threat actually present in the Gw2 timeline, and for sure I don’t even know what happened there.

How would you know, how Abaddon was exiled, it’s not like we’ve seen it before, all we know is that the other 5 gods outcasted him. And if you’re thinking about how Abaddon was defetead in Nightfall, well the Fall of Abaddon is 1000 years earlier.

By blood we are bound together, FOR WE ARE MURDERERS!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I’ll explain you slowly:

How would you know, how Abaddon was exiled, it’s not like we’ve seen it before, all we know is that the other 5 gods outcasted him. And if you’re thinking about how Abaddon was defetead in Nightfall, well the Fall of Abaddon is 1000 years earlier.

Abaddon was the God of Water and Secrets, though has since fallen. Like the other gods, Abaddon’s origins are shrouded in mystery. The Apostate speaks of Abaddon gaining his power from an older, deposed god, however nothing more is known about this. Abaddon was once fanatically worshiped by the Margonites, a nation of sea-faring humans. The phrase “act with magic, act within reason, act without mercy” is attributed to Abaddon’s teachings. He also had a temple in Orr, the Cathedral of Hidden Depths.
In 1 BE, he spread magic to the races of Tyria, and thus indirectly responsible for the wars that came afterward. King Doric pleaded to the gods and they rendered magic into the five Bloodstones, diluting their gift. Abaddon was incensed and went to war with the others, and he was eventually struck down at the Mouth of Torment, in a blow that turned the Crystal Sea into a desert. There, Abaddon was sealed within the Realm of Torment and the city of Morah was established to watch over the spot where he fell. Shortly after his defeat, the gods left the world in an act that came to be known as the Exodus.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

ahahahahaha!

IN YOUR FACE THAISEERAN. CRY MORE.

VOTE KIEL! A VOTE FOR KIEL IS A VOTE FOR PROGRESS!!

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

ahahahahaha!

This is a bit over the top. I don’t expect everyone to go to the GW1Wiki just to get lore information.

in Cutthroat Politics

Singer.8740

ahahahahaha!

This is a bit over the top. I don’t expect everyone to go to the GW1Wiki just to get lore information.

Not at all, its exactly how I feel whenever an evon supporter tries to play the enigma game. so go eat a cookie or something

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Puma.7934

Puma.7934

TR eventually explodes. Now you know the “how” in TR

Barqueros del Estigia[Styx]

in Cutthroat Politics

Singer.8740

you just kitten ed. All your statement explains is that it exploded not “how”.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Puma.7934

Puma.7934

you just kitten ed. All your statement explains is that it exploded not “how”.

Abaddon […] was eventually struck down at the Mouth of Torment

Barqueros del Estigia[Styx]

in Cutthroat Politics

Singer.8740

quoting a quote of a quote what does it all meen? give me a second while I consult god.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

quoting a quote of a quote what does it all meen? give me a second while I consult god.

We know the “what” of both Thaumanova and Abaddon. We know the “how” of neither.

That was quite clearly his point.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

So I just saw the update in the polls and after 9.5million tokens it still sits at 52%/48% which was the same as last week. I cannot believe that it is that close.

The forums are full of people wanting that fractal to be made, and hardly any positive threads about Kiel. She’s already been labeled Trahearne 2.0, other threads are questioning why anyone would like her. On my server the chat is always in favour of Evon.

I think you’re viewing the forums and chat through Evon-colored glasses. Does he sell those on the cash shop?

I see plenty of Kiel support on the forums. I would go as far as saying there’s way more Kiel support on the forums than Gnashblade, but it’s probably closer to 52% / 48%, in Kiel’s favor.

Actually, I’m not at all surprised that the numbers are so close. I suspect most people are just interested in finishing both achievements and getting both miniatures in-game. That requires throwing support behind both candidates.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

We know the “what” of both Thaumanova and Abaddon. We know the “how” of neither.

That was quite clearly his point.

Actually, you’re quite wrong on the “what” part. Abaddon’s fall was caused because he went to war with the other gods because they took his gift back from the races after those races caused war with the magic given (the first few Guild Wars). We know all the background leading to the event itself, the location, and the results of the event (the only thing missing is some Mortal Kombat style fighting amongst gods.

What do we know of the Thaumanova Reactor? We know the result was a catastrophic meltdown that tore a hole in reality and released chaos that spewed forth from the location. That’s it. We know nothing of the sub levels of the station where this happened, we know nothing of what was being researched down there. We don’t know what group caused the sabotage, if it was sabotage at all. What can be extracted from the current GW2-related lore is that the Crucible of Eternity is an off-site location based on earlier works within Thaumanova. Deduction based on that bit of information, it would seem that there’s something Elder Dragon related inside the Thaumanova Reactor.

For all we know, some Skritt ran a muck inside the reactor and stole some vital pieces. Those stolen pieces caused the meltdown. A later inserted Personal Story quest can be added to the game to talk to the Skritt King about recovery of one of the pieces, a Dwarven relic steeped in Elder Dragon magic. This addition to the Personal Story will be added over the next year to extend into the conflict with yet a 2nd Elder Dragon to defeat. In said fractal mentioned at the start, the players are transformed into the Skritt who go stealing all the shiny research equipment.

Doesn’t that sound fun?
Doesn’t that sound like an epic lead up to future Elder Dragon related content?
Doesn’t that have more lore relation to GW2?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The only thing ArenaNet needed to do to give Kiel the win was make her the hero of the Living Story for the last three chapters and portray her as the heroic archtype with an appealing model. Bonus points when her opposition was barely heard of prior to the election and was constantly portrayed as a villain over and over again. They tried to balance it by giving him the more desirable election promises but when the mass of casuals voted for what was familiar (human female hero) the tide was too strong.

It didn’t help that Evon seemed to become more and more offensive as a villain every time we were exposed to him . His appearance in the Candidate Trials was ripped right out of a Saturday morning cartoon villain’s monologue and his interactions with Kiel portrayed him as bullying someone the players had been constantly told was the hero of the story. It’s amazing that the votes were as close as they were, the election was practically gift wrapped for Kiel by the writers.

You don’t need a conspiracy theory or tin foil hat to argue that the election was rigged, just look at how the two candidates are portrayed in the game to understand why it’s turning out this way. Forum posters represent a small minority of players. Most players will never leave the game for info about the game. When all your going off of is their characters in the Living Story, it’s hard to see how Evon stood a chance.

Doesn’t that sound fun?

You know what it doesn’t sound like? A fractal!

Do any of the people talking about this nonsense ever play fractals? They are not story delivery devices, they are the game’s equivalent of action movies. A fun gameplay experience with a cool setting and flashy graphics. They aren’t even real events, just recreations (so fractals aren’t even canon for what truly happened – even if they were, they have minimal dialogue and picture book level of story). When did the events in any fractal lead to something outside of the fractal? You aren’t voting for a Living Story or Personal Story addition, you are voting for a fractal.

If ArenaNet has a compelling idea of how to introduce an Elder Dragon (and there are so many far more interesting threads in the world to pick up on which are actually relevant today) they will utilise that regardless of whether the fractal is made. If the reactor is truly an important part of today’s Tyria and there is a story to be told there, it will happen without the fractal.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

You know what it doesn’t sound like? A fractal!

Do any of the people talking about this nonsense ever play fractals?

I do. And the idea of players taking the form of Skritt who then steal components from a reactor, causing it to malfunction, sounds exactly like a fractal.

What about that does not say fractal-content to you? I mean, it even fits your own description… :

They are not story delivery devices, they are the game’s equivalent of action movies. A fun gameplay experience with a cool setting and flashy graphics. They aren’t even real events, just recreations (so fractals aren’t even canon for what truly happened – even if they were, they have minimal dialogue and picture book level of story).

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

I think a very vocal minority have hyped up the Abaddon fractal too much, and there were so many echos on the forums, and in the portions of map chat that we chose to acknowledge, that we gave ourselves false expectations we were in the majority.

FTFY

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Personally I would find it much stranger if the results had changed.

The candidates haven’t changed and neither have their promises. We’ve had absolutely no new information on the outcome of the election so there is no reason anyone would change sides.

So unless you thought Evon supporters were just saving their tokens for the end while Kiel supporters were spending them there was no reason to expect a change.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Doesn’t that sound fun?

If it was such a big deal, they wouldn’t risk it not appearing in the game.