Congrats Kiel

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Isaiah Cartwright

Isaiah Cartwright

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer

Next

While the Citizen of Tyria for a Better Tomorrow Tomorrow fully support Evon we must congratulate Kiel on a well earned victory.

~Izzy @-’——

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Oh Kiel’ah…

Still, ABADDON FRACTAL.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

(edited by TheKillerAngel.3596)

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I voted for Kiel! So yippee!

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

Yup.

Sooner or later, Kiel will die for the greater good

But first, time to go to the pub with Evon Gnashbro and tell stories to each other.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Definitely congratulations!

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

I hope Kiel will give us something for our unused Support Tokens – like a cookie or something… perhaps fortunes.

edited to correct name.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

(edited by VoxShatterfall.5470)

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Yay Kiel! I hope we see more of her.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Well done Kiel…

Back to making shedloads of cash for Evon…

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Give us our Abaddon, and I’ll consider congratulating Kiel…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

All I know is you are going the way of even more boring story like Trahearne and the even older Kormir. I really really really hate to say it but at least WoW made me wait for the first expansion before I wanted to puke over the way the story and lore was being treated. You managed to do it in less then a year with this election in GW2.

This after creating two of the most refreshing races I’ve had in an mmorpg the Charr and Asura in a very very long time. Those two races gave me great hope where you wanted to take things. Even more so as the lore talked about how this was the decline of humanity. I could even stomach Rox after how much fun the dungeon was during that event and how helpful the npc’s actually were.

However this? Trahearne 2.0 goody two shoes biased reward vote stuff? Your other game Wildstar is calling me so is Everquest next. You just killed your lore faster for me then any other MMORPG has ever done that I’ve played.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

While the Citizen of Tyria for a Better Tomorrow Tomorrow fully support Evon we must congratulate Kiel on a well earned victory.

Who cares for Kiel, let that hag run the buisness. Now let’s talk about Abaddon, the guy we’ve been all really voting for. How high are the chances we gonna get a Living Story Chapter dedicated to him and his glory?
It’s not like we need to get more stories about the petty consortium, or some smelly pirates. A round up on Abaddon is what 48% of the community wants. Seems too much to ignore, don’t you agree?

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Nope.

Screw the whole voting thing. You guys round filed a good concept of a fractal, gambling it on a vote. Now it’ll never be made.

You tied voting on the fractal to an event where people who DON’T EVEN RUN FRACTALS voted on it and people who chose Ellen for whatever other reason other than the fractal get to decide what content people who do run fractals get to do.

This was a massive screwup.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Sigh….I suppose.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: xagarelic.7950

xagarelic.7950

There’s a hidden meaning here somewhere, quick, help me find it before it’s all too late!!

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Nope.

Screw the whole voting thing. You guys round filed a good concept of a fractal, gambling it on a vote. Now it’ll never be made.

You tied voting on the fractal to an event where people who DON’T EVEN RUN FRACTALS voted on it and people who chose Ellen for whatever other reason other than the fractal get to decide what content people who do run fractals get to do.

Agreed. This is garbage.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Noshiz.8650

Noshiz.8650

There’s a hidden meaning here somewhere, quick, help me find it before it’s all too late!!

It probably means that that there is no better tomorrow with Kiel.

Lets kill her. Now!

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: leviathonlx.2437

leviathonlx.2437

Yay the boring human won! /sarcasm

Nope.

That and the people who voted Kiel as a way of ‘saying no to the chests on the store’ in some weird sticking it to the man way like the fictional NPC is the one that puts stuff on the store.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Since she’s a warrior is she going to buff that profession now? Other than that goodbye future discounts that probably would’ve of been doubled.

Pineapples

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kny.3789

kny.3789

i think we picked the right person for the job. in both cases. Evon Gnashblade is the Only person who can run the Black Lion Trading Company. if he was elected he would have had to split his attention between the BLTC and his duties on the Captains Council or let Sareb take over completely. i think it would be interesting to see what Evon does now that he is defeated. surely hes not done trying to gain influence in Lions Arch. plus i don’t trust Sareb. no salad is that quiet.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

This epic blunder will continue to go on and on and on, because as anet devs have already said, our decision matters! The horrible decisions Kiel will make while on council will be a constant reminder how much of a bad decision this was. Thank you for finally introducing permanent content, effectively splitting the GW2 community. While we’re at it, can we bring back Luxon and Kurzicks? That was and would still be more fun than #Ellen vs #Evon :/

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

I wanna see more Living Story with Evon Gnashblade as one of the important NPCs. Screw Trahearne 2.0, I wanna see more Charr Scrooge.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Evon Gnashblade was a random Charr thrown in versus Ellen Kiel that we have played with since some of the first Living Stories.

I call the voting bullkitten to begin with.

Random Charr character that we know to almost nothing about Vs. Ellen Kiel that we have played with this whole time.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Brutalistik.6473

Evon Gnashblade was a random Charr thrown in versus Ellen Kiel that we have played with since some of the first Living Stories.

Random Charr character that we know to almost nothing about Vs. Ellen Kiel that we have played with this whole time.

Yeah I figured some people would have mindsets like that. She’s been in the spotlight more so I vote for her.

Blah…

Pineapples

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: leviathonlx.2437

leviathonlx.2437

Here I’ll make it simple in case next time you want to make the stupid mistake of putting concepts to vote and then trashing the losing concept forever:

1 vote ticket is dropped in the daily chest for each tier of fractals beyond 10. So at level 10 fractals you’d get 1 vote, level 20, 2 votes.

This way people who are at level 48 would get potentially 10 votes a day, where people who barely scratch the surface of fractals would get 1 vote a day, and people who don’t run them at all don’t get to vote.

Well that’s unfair as well as apparently this story is going to affect more than just a fractal.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: FenGuild.1097

FenGuild.1097

What?!!? She won?! That spotlight stealer!

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Devildoc.6721

Here I’ll make it simple in case next time you want to make the stupid mistake of putting concepts to vote and then trashing the losing concept forever:

1 vote ticket is dropped in the daily chest for each tier of fractals beyond 10. So at level 10 fractals you’d get 1 vote, level 20, 2 votes.

This way people who are at level 48 would get potentially 10 votes a day, where people who barely scratch the surface of fractals would get 1 vote a day, and people who don’t run them at all don’t get to vote.

Well that’s unfair as well as apparently this story is going to affect more than just a fractal.

I’m talking about voting on fractals alone. The fractal choice should NEVER have been linked to this living story.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Martin the moderator seems a tad busy tonight…

I bet he hopes there’s not another election for a while…lol

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Derpula Stevens.8249

Derpula Stevens.8249

Nachs: Norn. Asura. Charr. Human. Sylvari

#TeamEvonForever

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

There’s nothing to congratulate.
They put a human vs a charr. An RNG-promoting Charr. With no back story except one cutscene while the human had been with us for 2 chapters of living story. There was no contest.

What I hope you notice out of all this voting Isaiah is that the 48% that voted Evon did so because they love GW1 lore, they’d love to see the Fall of Abbadon fractal and I think they deserve that shot.
The 52% that voted Kiel didn’t vote for her fractal, they voted for her. The majority of Evon voters just wanted that fractal ( myself included). I still don’t know how I feel about supporting a charr.

I’m hoping you guys at A-net will be able to understand and try to give the players a chance to see that not all their efforts were in vain. Even if we didn’t win, I’d like to think our message got through.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Pretty much. This was such a fair vote though. /sarcasm.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

Well.. Tbh, you shouldn’t have been able to choose both of them.. Have you chosen one, you can’t do anything for the other.. And for the record, I only voted for one of them..

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I didn’t feel strongly either way, it was essentially an interesting fractal, abaddon, vs a character who based on how the story and actions of the game are made more sense. I also like asura themed stuff so I’m sure I’ll enjoy the fractal, not to mention, I have my doubts that the abaddon fractal really would have been very good at all.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Devildoc.6721

There’s nothing to congratulate.
They put a human vs a charr. An RNG-promoting Charr. With no back story except one cutscene while the human had been with us for 2 chapters of living story. There was no contest.

What I hope you notice out of all this voting Isaiah is that the 48% that voted Evon did so because they love GW1 lore, they’d love to see the Fall of Abbadon fractal and I think they deserve that shot.
The 52% that voted Kiel didn’t vote for her fractal, they voted for her. The majority of Evon voters just wanted that fractal ( myself included). I still don’t know how I feel about supporting a charr.

I’m hoping you guys at A-net will be able to understand and try to give the players a chance to see that not all their efforts were in vain. Even if we didn’t win, I’d like to think our message got through.

True story, I was going to vote Kiel until I learned the fractals we were choosing between and learned it wasn’t the Nightfall fight but the original fall, I then got very excited to vote for Evon as much as possible.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Brutalistik.6473

What?!!? She won?! That spotlight stealer!

Yes

Pineapples

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Could we please hear the vote totals on both sides in the end?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

gratz to kiel! yeay!

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

Congratulations Kiel, I hope you’re actually a sneaky villain who orchestrated the council seat vacancy so you could fill it. I look forward to you doing underhanded and very bad things indeed with your power.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: dregoloth.8763

dregoloth.8763

Something I’d like to know, is, how many individual people voted for each candidate? I’m willing to bet, that Kiel legitimately won the popular vote, and that Evon only got as large a chunk of the vote as he did, because of a highly dedicated minority of players. Everyone I know who voted for Evon was perfectly happy to toss 8g+ (myself included) at the token merchant in hopes of being able to play the Abbadon fractal, but they were in the minority. Most everyone else I know tossed a token at Kiel whenever they found one, or only dedicated a small amount of money towards the election, for the WP discount; I’m not saying that this is a bad thing, of course, the outcome is probably ideal for most of the community.

Of course, I’ve got a relatively small sample-group from-which I draw my conclusions.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Metalrayne.3057

Metalrayne.3057

PLEASE Give us the Abbadon Fractal. I’m kitten ed that Kiel won for that reason. Being a GW1 vet i would LOVE to have an abaddon Fractal. Please ANet… Please…

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

Cheaper waypoints decided this victory that is all.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Ofcourse she would win… Most people prefer saving gold over RNG crap so everyone voted for Kiel.. Badly done by Anet tbh..

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Brutalistik.6473

Ofcourse she would win… Most people prefer saving gold over RNG crap so everyone voted for Kiel.. Badly done by Anet tbh..

Got a geico commercial vibe from your post.

Pineapples

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I can’t wait to have a 8c discount on wp fees!!!! It is going to help me save so much money…

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Timothy.7204

Timothy.7204

I know they would deny it, but I would bet heavily that this whole election thing was fixed in the first place. Due to the fact they have to plan what they are doing in this next patch, and they can’t have a person win and change everything at the last minute.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

I know they would deny it, but I would bet heavily that this whole election thing was fixed in the first place. Due to the fact they have to plan what they are doing in this next patch, and they can’t have a person win and change everything at the last minute.

We mentioned that we will build the fractal the winner supports and will put it into the game towards the end of the year, not the next update.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

There is tons of data-mined info that would prove that theory wrong. They have the data for both candidates winning in the dat file. And the data for both of them losing.

If it was fixed with Kiel automatically winning, they wouldn’t of made all the Gnashblade winning data in the first place.

Don’t worry. You can take off the tinfoil hat. Just gently set it beside you and realize that all is well and there is no conspiracy theory.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kny.3789

kny.3789

i have a feeling that all the super toxic people on this thread are the same ones that would be complaining about how the abbadon fractal didnt live up to super hyped expectations, or how it devalued perfectly good lore that should have been left alone, if evon had won.

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

The people always know.
Cheers Kiel!!

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Congrats Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sophie Gifu.9762