Just... Horrible.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gatiha.9483

Gatiha.9483

Southsun Survival is just… an awful minigame. I have never had such little fun playing a game. Even winning yields the same results, so don’t say, “Oh it’s because you’re bad at it you think it’s bad.” let me tell you that even people who are bad at something can still critic it, however I am not bad at it. So let’s go over what’s horribly wrong with it.

First things first, the start. It was a cool idea to start everyone like that, but at the same time was just a failure. Dying right off the start is just stupid and you shouldn’t be able to. Even though you do come back to life you are left with half health which completely destroys you. Also, dodging is difficult because there are some many people there crowded. You don’t know if it’s coming to you and because of how some races/genders look casting their kitten absurd 1 shot arrow makes it look like they are doing nothing but standing there.

Now lets talk about this horrible 1 shot arrow. To start this one question must be asked, why the hell isn’t it a still shot? Seriously, why isn’t it? It kills people in 1 shot! “Oh it’s a channel, so it’s fine.” no it’s not! It should be a skill shot to make it a lot more fun of a game and it would fix the absolute OP ability to be something that is difficult to hit. It will be a lot less OP than just clicking on a character, going stealth and charging the shot. Just stupid.

Last thing is the after death stuff. I’m fine that ghosts are able to set triggering traps that alert the living players where that person is, what I don’t like is how they are able to spawn karkas that 1 shot people. This should be a kitten player against player game with the survival aspects of low ammunition and low food, not player vs ghots/karkas. Just…. wow.

The other thing is the point system. Why can people get 50+ points while still during the kitten grace period? You shouldn’t be able to get any points until after it. Also more points should be awarded the longer you survive, I mean it’s a kitten survival game Anet! Think once and while! The other thing that is stupid is that even if you die first you can still accumulate the highest points, which is completely absurd. If you die first, you should be dead last with no points. Points should be given in order where the longest survivor gets the most and the first dead gets 0.

In the absolute majority of my games it was mostly pvk (players vs Karkas). If I wanted to do pvk I would go to Southsun Cove and farm them without playing a kitten mini game!

This minigame is easily the worst minigame Anet has given us. Good idea, but a failure. Seriously, just a failure compared to the other mini games.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gatiha.9483

Gatiha.9483

Now I will wait and read all the hate I receive for posting this. Please make it entertaining and, if possible, logical.

I would love to read everyone’s opinion on this mini game as well.

If it’s good, convince me that it is good. Don’t just say, “It’s good, you’re just bad at it.” give me actual reasons why it’s good, otherwise you will be ignored for your lack of the ability to reason.

If you also agree that it is bad, tell me why you think so. I want to know why you think it is bad as well.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I haven’t played it yet but you make a few good points. I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve had a chance to try it out though.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: timartinho.8043

timartinho.8043

I’ve played and I got some fun.
But the game could be really better.

Stylus Targaryen - 80 Asura Guardian[main]
Stylus Sunstrider - 80 Charr Warrior[alt]
Bombista - 80 Human Engineer[alt]

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

If it makes you mad…Don’t play it. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to play this. It is a game. In fact, it’s a game where you can do whatever you want, moreso than any other game I’ve ever seen. If you desperately want the back skin. Buy it on the TP. If you don’t have the money, farm one of the other mini games that are out. Regardless of win or lose, they do give money that’s comparable to CoF p1 farming. If you want the Gnashblade mini, do the other achievements. Pretty simple.

PS. I am not reading your block of text. I don’t have the time or patience. I can already tell what it says for the most part anyways.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Evans.6347

I don’t think you do Simplicity. In fact, even though the tone was very negative, the OP makes some sound remarks about some of the mechanics. It’s more of a ‘this could be so much better balanced’ rather than a ‘omg this sucks!!1!’ post.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

The major flaw with Southsun Survival are the player ghosts. It would be really boring if dead players couldn’t participate in some way but letting them summon karka is going way overboard.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Simplicity.7208

Let me guess, he’s complaining about champion karka &/or dying immediately after spawning? If you were around during BWE#3 you’d know this is a massive improvement. If you disagree with the mechanics, then don’t play the game is all I’m saying. If you really want people to take you seriously, speak calmly and logically about your points. Don’t sound like you’re raging over losing.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Redbullz.3472

Redbullz.3472

The only issue are the 2.500!!! points you need for one of the achievements. I will most likely need 50-80 games to complete it… and that’s a huge amount of time.
The minigame is fun, but grinding it in the short period of 2 weeks will just be a pain for me and as it seems, a lot of other players out there.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Why shouldn’t the person killing everyone get high points. The survivor that’s just hiding in the corner, never killing a single person shouldn’t get anything. The game is meant to have an overseer that prevents that type of play by either forcing that person to move or directing others towards that location. Since it’s not possible to give that position to a player, because it would just be abused, the dead players are meant to take on this role.

If the length of your survival meant everything, the game would be incredibly boring as more and more people began hiding in the far off corners of the map. It’s not just a survival game, it’s a hunt.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

If it makes you mad…Don’t play it. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to play this. It is a game. In fact, it’s a game where you can do whatever you want, moreso than any other game I’ve ever seen. If you desperately want the back skin. Buy it on the TP. If you don’t have the money, farm one of the other mini games that are out. Regardless of win or lose, they do give money that’s comparable to CoF p1 farming. If you want the Gnashblade mini, do the other achievements. Pretty simple.

PS. I am not reading your block of text. I don’t have the time or patience. I can already tell what it says for the most part anyways.

This is a fairly asinine post. You’re saying that if someone doesn’t enjoy something they shouldn’t point out ways they think it could be improved? Why be so against legitimate criticism?

And even less impressively you’re not even bothering to read his points to see if they’re reasonable or not, but you’re going to respond anyway?!

To the OP – seems like fairly reasonable criticism. Hopefully it will help the devs fine-tune future content (although personally I hope future content contains far fewer minigames – am exhausted by them now!)

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Simplicity.7208

If I made a post all in caps with “kitten” for every third word. I guarantee you wouldn’t read it either. I don’t read rage posts. They’re not full of constructive criticism. Constructive criticism is organized, grammatically correct, emotionally neutral, and usually with a tldr; version at the bottom capitalizing on key points. If OP goes back and revises his post to be more calm. I certainly will hear him out.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Evans.6347

Well that’s your choice and right, but if you don’t bother reading something, don’t answer on it either. That saves us the time and effort of reading through your rage posts too.

Like I said, even though it’s on a negative tone, his arguments are valid and well structured.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

If I made a post all in caps with “kitten” for every third word. I guarantee you wouldn’t read it either. I don’t read rage posts. They’re not full of constructive criticism. Constructive criticism is organized, grammatically correct, emotionally neutral, and usually with a tldr; version at the bottom capitalizing on key points. If OP goes back and revises his post to be more calm. I certainly will hear him out.

You’ve spent far more time arguing your empty case than it would have taken to just read the post. Not only this, but your own expectation is rather moot when you consider that every other person in this thread read his points and agree with him in a respectful manner. Don’t be so superior about it. If you can’t be bothered to read it because you don’t like it’s format, don’t bother posting. It’s the same logic as “if you don’t like the mini-game, don’t play it”.

Well done though OP. You’ve identified some legitimate issues. We absolutely SHOULD be giving feedback on any issues we encounter in content. Anet even ask for that….

You shouldn’t be able to die upon spawn in a game like this anyway. Whenever that happens in a PvP game it usually gets fixed later on. It’s particularly important in online games because a system like this needs to compensate for individual latency issues. It means people can at least spawn and try the game even if their net speed is not quite as good as others. Considering the game will stay around as a permanent-ish addition, I’m sure they will look at balance such as spawn locations, invulnerability on spawn (Coupled with actions being on cooldown), enemy spawns etc. Also that one-shot might be revised a little but who knows? They will need more feedback like this to improve the system.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Actually southsun survival is the only minigame i have really enjoyed so far in gw2, every kitten game is an exciting

<3 southsun survival.

Btw the headshot ability is only ok if the person you are aiming for does not look, otherwise you can dodge it easy. A red arrow flying at you is pretty easy dodge :P

(edited by Gathslan.1870)

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

While alive it’s good but I think it’s boring if you are dead… and then it takes too long for a match. If you die early you will have to stay too long in the boring dead form trying to kill the others. You basically lost and need to wait long.

Other than that It is “okay”.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Noshiz.8650

Noshiz.8650

The game is just awesome, i played for 4 hours continuously and as someone said above it’s the first mini game that worth so much. I would even pay just to play it.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Survival is the best as it is now. If you die first, you are lucky. You will respawn somewhere lots of goods to scavenge at. If you are dead you can still get points and be 1st. I did it lots of time but being 1st or x’th does not matter anyways. And if you died because of a karka, just accept it. It is the survival of the fittest, not the crying babies.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

I have a lot of fun with it, and know of lots of persons that love it, you are not one them lol. Its a litle slow, but the brutal way of it make it really a survival game .

The one shot with stealth is zone limited, and if the character disapear you can try to counter it (try to get hoy much it takes to charge, then dodge, posible 2 times lol).
I have fight against all races and i am capable of notice when the one shot atack animation comes, and when someone is atacking me.

About the start moment atacks, i can notice lol, but yes its difficult, the confusion of the crowd is part of the game mechanic for this part.

The atack and kill in the beggining, when you can respawn, allow players to stock munitions, rations, etc; preparing themselves to the later fight. The fact you can kill means this:
Im getting all you collected, you collected for me!!! (lol).
You just got a second chance , of course you are at disadvantage lol, half health and in general less items that the ones that didnt died. You died, your shame, we are letting you play. I have been able to win it after respawning, specially if it respawn you in a part like the ship (i thin you only respawn in one of thge ships, not sure) or the bar (even more lucky if theres not people lol).
I can kill you in that time as part of my strategy to change the balance of who have more rations, traps and arrows (Yeah more strategy).

You get points in that grace period, because is part of the game strategy to kill people in this part and gain advantage.

Karka has inmersion lol: Is sunset cove (karkalandia lol).
Second it means your actions has a repercusion (you will be haunted for evil spirits lol).
Third it give the dead something to do- atack or expect, etc. principally atack lol.
Forth it make the later part of the game more difficult, the survivors need to fight the things the spirits summon (karka and traps). So they dont go in a completly desolated island (i knowis survival but well is pvp masive not 1vs1 lol) that will make them get bored as hell (its alredy slow paced lol).
Fifth, since many people die in the zones with more objects to get, theres more posibilities that one of them summon a karka theere, making more difficult to get that resources to the living players.

Lately since you expected for hate (lol):
Im not gonna hate you, well posted.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

There aren’t any caps in OP’s post, and not that many ‘kittens’. It’s also pretty odd that you can even comment on his negative tone if you’re proudly not bothering to read it in the first place.

tl dr; Even incoherent rage posts (which this thread is not) contribute more to discussion than posts like yours complaining about them.

(Of course you may argue I’m complaining about your complaint post but I’m only doing it in an attempt to keep the discussion constructive, which – your post aside – this thread mainly has been. Ironic given your alleged complaint that OP wasn’t being constructive :p

I don’t mean to be personal btw, but hopefully you can see why a post proclaiming something you haven’t even read is not constructive is unhelpful and why I’m defending the OP here.)

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

>It should be a skill shot to make it a lot more fun of a game and it would fix the absolute OP ability to be something that is difficult to hit
Try your V button. It will surprise you for sure

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

I’m sorry, I haven’t read most of this and actually did debate on posting anything but in the end, I thought, ‘why not’. It just makes me laugh (real laugh, not sarcastic laugh) that every time there’s a new release of content, there’s at least one and usually more threads that are titiled just like this (with some variation). It cracks me up every time. I’m thinking that if a new content release went out at 12AM, thirty seconds later there would be a post on the forums titled “This is just horrible”. Sorry, I’m sure there are valid points but it still just kills me – in a good way, of course.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Can’t say I agree….I enjoy it, I think it’s a lot of fun. Plus I am happy I got the desert rose nods.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Regardless of tone, if you refuse to read a post, refuse to respond to it. Why post a response to what you “assumed” or “guessed” someone posted. What logic is this?

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I disagree entirely. I think this is Anet’s best minigame yet. I played for several hours straight because I was totally addicted. Each game is unique. While the ghosts are a little overpowered (summoning one shot karka is a bit much, and there was one game where I was continually trapped over and over about 8 times until I died), I think that’s okay given that dead players need something to do. Otherwise, I think it’s quite polished and well thought out.

Other than the ghosts, most of your points aren’t accurate. I’ve died to the one shot arrow like… twice? It is not at all hard to dodge. One of the only times I died to it was when I was totally disarmed (no traps or arrows) and a guy with four arrows caught me in an open field. I dodged three of his one shot arrows before I was out of endurance and he finally got me. I wouldn’t call that “op.” I’d call that “what inevitably happens when an armed combatant meets an unarmed combatant.”

Regarding the points in the grace period… meh, I don’t really care lol. The points aren’t relevant. If you win, it gives you top points regardless. Who cares if someone gets 20 points toward their 2500 point achievement while everyone will resurrect? Seriously. And I often do better when I die during the grace period than not… so your point that it “completely destroys you” is just not accurate. I mean, they gift you a ration and an arrow if you die during grace… often very valuable.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Luquatic.3825

Luquatic.3825

I really enjoy this minigame but it does need a few adjustments. Like mentioned before, they should encourage players to kill survivors in order to end up high in the ranking. After playing a few games I’ve noticed that hiding in a corner will more likely win the game for me rather than killing people who can then spawn Karkas. That’s when we come to my second point, the Karkas. The fact that dead people can spawn a Karka goes way overboard and it really ruins the minigame. Instead make them spawn a maybe better trap but not those kittening Karkas..

A Thief on Desolation

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

What I don’t like about this mini game, is being kicked back to Lion’s Arch after losing a match. Surely that can’t be intended?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

What I don’t like about this mini game, is being kicked back to Lion’s Arch after losing a match. Surely that can’t be intended?

That sounds similar to the bug in the races where people were being transported to PvP instead of the race course

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I love killing people with headshots within 10 seconds of the start. The rage that people let out!

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: misakira.5694

misakira.5694

I agree with the karka issue, ghosts should not be able to spawn them :/

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

I despise this minigame, it’s RNG based like all the other RNG bs in the game. Aspect Arena is much better since all players are placed on equal footing and it comes down to the skill of the player and not the luck of the drops you receive.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

I think its awesome personally, just use some strategy. If you don’t like fighting, stockpile supplies at the start then run and hide somewhere, I’ve won this way several times it really isnt difficult. If you are going to fight, focus on the guys with loads of supplies to make it worth it.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

I despise this minigame, it’s RNG based like all the other RNG bs in the game. Aspect Arena is much better since all players are placed on equal footing and it comes down to the skill of the player and not the luck of the drops you receive.

If you see someone with loads of good drops kill them and take it all

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

The mini game is like the hunger games, starts off with everyone in a circle around a bunch of good items, and guess what, lotta people die there too but some people run away from the beggining! Nothing says you have to charge in right away or even play the game! Also like the hunger games their are many non contestant things that kill you like starvation, poison, explosives, wildlife so this is how the games intended, I have loved it if you do not than don’t play it

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The mini game is like the hunger games, starts off with everyone in a circle around a bunch of good items, and guess what, lotta people die there too but some people run away from the beggining! Nothing says you have to charge in right away or even play the game! Also like the hunger games their are many non contestant things that kill you like starvation, poison, explosives, wildlife so this is how the games intended, I have loved it if you do not than don’t play it

I was about to post this. I’ve actually done this strategy and the Passiflora will give you Rations (or a bomb, hue), which means that you’ll be able to survive a bit longer while you look for arrows. While I do get a lot of points from staying in the starter camp, it’s not the best of idea’s, because I tend to get stuck in the starter camp while trying to find Rations.

The OP, to me, was an l2p issue. Sure, you say you aren’t bad at it. But perhaps you are bad at it, you’ve just gotten a few lucky wins/high scores. Unless you’re consistently doing good, I believe you shouldn’t be complaining that the implementation was terrible.

I’m not that good of a player in it, but I enjoy it. Why? Because when I get in, to when I die I feel like I’m playing the Hunger Games (or, in this case, Southsun Survival). I know the risks. Whenever I kill a player, I know that they’ll most likely camp me with traps to screw me over. I know that they’ll probably drop a Karka on me (since I stay in the same camp all game, like a baddie). But I still play. It’sa survival game, so I play expecting to die, but I try my best anyways.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

It’s horrible. And the worst is, they force you to do this so you can get the necessary achievments, pathetic.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tsohg.1798

Tsohg.1798

The headshot thing isn’t really that op. If you see someone sitting there not moving and not crouching, shoot a disarming shot at them. Less cast time, can move, and if you only have one arrow, you get to play the akward game where you both kinda hug a bit until you find something else to kill him with.

The ghosts SHOULD NOT be able to kill you. I’m okay with them alerting and stuff, but 2 stacks of torment for 15 seconds, karkas and crap? Listen, if there are karkas there already, awesome, those are avoidable, but if its me with 10 arrows, 4 rations, and 3 camo traps, vs one other person, and a kittening karka spawns on me and kills me right there? Not cool. It’s not survival then, it’s hide with rations and wait for the 20 stacks of torment that are coming. It comes down to basically 9/10 times you don’t even die to a live player.

See that hill? Thats where i’ll be, raining hell upon you.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

- Everybody starting at the same place is just stupid.
- The headshot shouldn’t even be in the game, imo.
- Being a ghost is fun but collecting the balls before being able to do anything is stupid. Especially since other ghosts can still them from you.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It’s horrible. And the worst is, they force you to do this so you can get the necessary achievments, pathetic.

There are 7 non-Southsun Survival achievements that all count toward the meta-achievement. Not only that, but none of them are PvP related (other than the Southsun ones).

Considering there are 6 achievements required for the meta, it’s safe to actually flip your idea around and say that people playing Southsun Survival are forced to also PvE (since SS is a PvP game and only has 3 achievements that qualify for the meta) to get their necessary achievements.

Another slap for PvP’ers, yet for some reason the PvE’ers always walk in front of it.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

- Being a ghost is fun but collecting the balls before being able to do anything is stupid. Especially since other ghosts can still them from you.

That’s about where I am with this.

I think the event could be fun. But I would change this whole thing in a few ways: Spread people out at the beginning. Don’t allow access to the whole island, even Southsun is far too large for the number of players (but at least it’s not all of Metrica Province like Hunger Royale was). And give the ghosts 5 or so powerups when they die.

In several cases I found people when I was a ghost. I could follow them, but do nothing — no ghost nibbles nearby to find, so… fun? Watch them run around and wait until they die?

In many cases I died right at the beginning, ran up to the fire and half-scavenged something and then poof! Dead. No idea how someone else could have scavenged something in the same time and have time to shoot at me.

The very first time I join a game, it’s often in progress. Like Sanctum Sprint. In both cases, it’s a nearly guaranteed loss. First time in the game, I got to read “Instructions” (really not much more than just that word) and then I was dead because I had spawned right in front of someone with ammo. Thanks! That was great.

But after the initial kitten fest, I almost never found anyone alive. Usually hunger would kill me. Once, I found someone but the arrow shot was obstructed by a grain of sand on the beach, and another shot was out of range due to it being nearly melee… but then I died of hunger before the other player could even shoot me. That’s pretty much the extent of the interaction I’ve had.

Oh well. Other things to do in game, at least.

(edited by Nkuvu.2570)

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Just stop complaining seriously, it’s PVP you will die that’s the kitten point of it! You get more rewards in this than any mini game I’ve seen before plus the achievements. Some of you really need to grow up

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vyniea.2054

Vyniea.2054

It is almost necessary to play it to get the meta-achievement.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i like the game personally but i agree with you on one point the karka need to go. they kill too many people in the game and can kill from quite a distance

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MurrayIda.9742

MurrayIda.9742

‘’Now I will wait and read all the hate I receive for posting this’’
You’re full of yourself

also you’re just bad : |

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I like it but the mist walker form is just idiotic. It’s boring, thrives on pettiness and brings out the absolute worst in players. It doesn’t matter how skilled of a survivor you are – kill enough players and they will invariably gang up on you with pick pocket traps and karka spawns.

Right now the best strategy is to simply hoard supplies and then hide out and it makes for some seriously underwhelming gameplay.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

Take out the ghosts spawning Karkas. This is the one thing that is spoiling the game. Sure keep in the traps and maybe introduce a different trap which spoils any rations you have and making them only 50% effective.

Also the scoring system is so out of whack. I can survive until the end and have a few points where as someone who dies 2 seconds after the grace period ends and ganked people at the start because they got the pistol can out score me. I thought this game was about “SURVIVAL”, not how many I can kill at the start.

Let the scoring only start AFTER the grace period ends.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

That’s about where I am with this.

I think the event could be fun. But I would change this whole thing in a few ways: Spread people out at the beginning. Don’t allow access to the whole island, even Southsun is far too large for the number of players (but at least it’s not all of Metrica Province like Hunger Royale was). And give the ghosts 5 or so powerups when they die.

In several cases I found people when I was a ghost. I could follow them, but do nothing — no ghost nibbles nearby to find, so… fun? Watch them run around and wait until they die?

In many cases I died right at the beginning, ran up to the fire and half-scavenged something and then poof! Dead. No idea how someone else could have scavenged something in the same time and have time to shoot at me.

The very first time I join a game, it’s often in progress. Like Sanctum Sprint. In both cases, it’s a nearly guaranteed loss. First time in the game, I got to read “Instructions” (really not much more than just that word) and then I was dead because I had spawned right in front of someone with ammo. Thanks! That was great.

But after the initial kitten fest, I almost never found anyone alive. Usually hunger would kill me. Once, I found someone but the arrow shot was obstructed by a grain of sand on the beach, and another shot was out of range due to it being nearly melee… but then I died of hunger before the other player could even shoot me. That’s pretty much the extend of the interaction I’ve had.

Oh well. Other things to do in game, at least.

You we’re probably one of the unlucky 2 that got hit by the pistol. Pistol is an almost instant 1hit KO. It also has 2 bullets (which is why I said 2).

I always grab it first and hit 2 people with it so I can steal rations, but I end up dying anyway because I think it’s fun being a ghost.

On a different note: I think Ghosts should get 1 charge every 5-10s (?)

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The scoring system is like the point system in who’s line is it anyways, the points don’t mean anything, like when I say I love you when I’m drunk.

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Bad Telegraphing has been a constant issue with this game.
That’s really all you had to say…

Just... Horrible.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

kitten kitten , I DON"T LIKE IT, SO I’LL SAY THAT IT IS BAAAD THING!!!!11!

To the cave you ‘— . I’ll lose my time to awnser you:

Southsun Survival, its a tatical game, where depend totally on player skill and strategy to determine how it will go on. Its very fun, because all players do something different. Some stock and hide, some try to kill all to gather their resources, some just die and kill campers. Its FUN.

About the points you had mentioned:

* “Die at start” : You can actually die at the very start, and due the start period, You will instantly respawn – at a safe place, with 50% healt AND A RATION. What is damm wrong in this point?

• “That horrible 1-shot arrow” – Not is horrible. Its tatical. It have a 4x more cast time that simple arrow. Actually, 2.1/2 arrows can kill a Full health person, so, its really up to player try it luck with the one-shot arrow, because if the enemy notice, he will kill you while you are charging. Its pure strategy, and actually, the stealth kit makes part of it.
  • “Last thing is the after death stuff” – Its perfect. I’ve killed a couple of your hatred campers. As you know, the living ones can’t free-chase others due to the fear of get dead. But the dead can do it. If you don’t like the karkas, its probably because you is a (Bad) camper. Also, The karkas has a giant spawn time. If you are a minimum skilled, just as you see (Or hear) it spawning, you just have to #5 Run, and do some dodges. Only depends on you skill.
  • “The other thing is the point system” – (wait, the dead stuff its not suposed to be the last one?? ). I really don’t have watched if this is a 100%, but all matchs I’ve played, the last one to survive gain a Giant ammount of points, what simply put he in 1st place. Its right, its a survival game. The others positions is determined due the activity of people in the match, killing others, been more time alive and this sort of thing.

If you, OP, readed my post, awnser me : WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS MINI GAME ACTUALLY?

Nothing. And if you don’t liked it is very sample > Don’t play it, or just do it for achievments – Since you don’t even need to win it to receive the achievments actually. I really hated the Aspect arena, and what I’ll do is only play it for achievment and never more step there. I’ll not make a topic here saying thakittens the worst thing of ever, just ’cause I disliked it.