Looking forward to Thaumanova...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kyratic.7038

Kyratic.7038

Well as the title states I’m looking forward to the Thaumanova reactor fractal.
And I do play High level fractals, and I did play GW1 and I did vote Kiel.

Look guys, its the same team that’s would have made either fractal, I’m not sure how you think one will be more awesome than the other?

Some of the Dev team however is pretty excited at making the Thaumonova fractal, I think they got some pretty neat idea’s up their sleeve’s and we have literally no idea what to expect. I doubt it will be ‘just another inquest explosion’… It turned the very fabric of the world inside out.

And to be honest most serious fractal players just want another farmable fractal, just like colossus was awesome the first 10 times, after 50 times.. its somewhat of a minor annoyance. If Abaddon had been made, people would play it like three times and then try to avoid it, because more thought and effort put into it means a longer fractal. I honestly think Thaumanova will be an enjoyable fractal to run.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Do you think we will see a new map?

Do you think we will see new enemies?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Yes

Very Likely

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

For me, these questions are secondary to:

• Do I think we will see an interesting story play out?
  • Do I think there will be interesting group mechanics?
  • Do I think the fractal will require or reward teamplay?

My priorities, in order,

1. Interesting stuff happening
  2. Interesting back story / lore explained
  3. Interesting teamplay mechanics that don’t get boring immediately
    (some of the existing fractals have this and others don’t.)
  4. Stuff to do other than fighting
    (buttons to press, a healthy mix of my own skills and environmental elements)
  5. Diversity in different paths
    (again, some of the existing fractals are better at this than others)
  6. Thorough testing / no bugs
  7. Pleasant visuals
  8. New achievements
  9. New textures and models
  10. New types of rewards
  11. New types of enemies

(You can see why your suggestive questions probably won’t work on me.)

So, why none of us have the faintest clue about how the reactor fractal will look and feel, let alone how the Abaddon fractal would have looked and felt, it is my opinion, based on my own assumptions (obvisouly), that some of these points will be covered better by one fractal than the other:

1. pro Thaumanova
    (I find reality bending more interesting than gods. It’s a personal thing.)
  2. equal
  3. pro Thaumanova
  4. pro Thaumanova
    (for these two, assessment based on existing math element / logical puzzles / abundance of experimental environmental weapons in Asuran events, and the Aetherblade mid-boss fight.)
  5. no idea
  6. equal chance
  7. pro Abaddon
    (Maybe? Remains to be seen. “New” does not equal “prettier”.)
  8. equal chance
  9. pro Abaddon
  10. equal chance
  11. pro Abaddon

For me, it was an obvious choice. Sorry that we all can’t have the fractal you preferred. I would have taken both if I could have, but we had to pick, and I made my choice after careful deliberation based on my own priorities.

Edit: I forgot to add “humour” to the list of things I enjoy in fractals, and again, I think Thaumanova has the edge here.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

^^^ Keep in mind that story stuff in fractals is intentionally vague. In either case, Abbadon or Reactor, I don’t think they would really tell us what was going on.

There would only be environmental/visual hints, as in the other fractals.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

That whole “fabric inside out” line is just your standard Asuran hyperbole. Their egos are so large, they can’t conceive of a problem they created being of less significance than the problems created by others.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

Yes

Very Likely

Well I hope you are right, but my experience with games is as follows:

If copy-pasta is possible, copy-pasta will happen.

It’s highly more likely with the Reactor premise.

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

So I guess my follow up question is: How do you like your Golems? Spinny or Punchy?

in Cutthroat Politics

Pixelpumpkin.4608

That whole “fabric inside out” line is just your standard Asuran hyperbole. Their egos are so large, they can’t conceive of a problem they created being of less significance than the problems created by others.

“I wonder what kinds of things would happen if you mixed the Mists with chaos energy…”

“It matters, but we all pretty much know exactly what happened at the Mouth of Torment.
Nobody knows what happened at Thaumanova…yet.”

“To shed some light on my bias, our team brainstormed up a bunch of fractals for you guys to pick from and then we settled on the best two. I got pretty excited about Thaumanova, given what we intend for it to entail so I’m Kiel supporter all the way.”

~ AnthonyOrdon

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

BTW, they haven’t started yet so it is not too late for it to go in any particular direction. I do hope it turns out well.

It really depends on how much they plan to invest into development. I’m going to go ahead and plug my thread. Hope you don’t mind.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/cutthroat/Anet-No-Golems-pls/first#post2561277

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

1. Interesting stuff happening – pro Thaumanova
  2. Interesting teamplay mechanics – pro Thaumanova
  3. Stuff to do other than fighting – pro Thaumanova

just noticing some of your ‘pro’ thaumanova. Since you haven’t seen either fractal you have absolutely NO idea at all about stuff happening, mechanics or stuff to do.

Sorry but you’re just making crap up like you can compare to fractals that haven’t even been made. For all you know it could be one room with a inquest pushing the wrong button and the reactor blows. big deal.

in Cutthroat Politics

Pixelpumpkin.4608

1. Interesting stuff happening – pro Thaumanova
  2. Interesting teamplay mechanics – pro Thaumanova
  3. Stuff to do other than fighting – pro Thaumanova

just noticing some of your ‘pro’ thaumanova. Since you haven’t seen either fractal you have absolutely NO idea at all about stuff happening, mechanics or stuff to do.

Sorry but you’re just making crap up like you can compare to fractals that haven’t even been made. For all you know it could be one room with a inquest pushing the wrong button and the reactor blows. big deal.

You obviously haven’t read the rest of my post, so I will quote some of the stuff for you:

So, why none of us have the faintest clue about how the reactor fractal will look and feel, let alone how the Abaddon fractal would have looked and felt, it is my opinion, based on my own assumptions (obvisouly), that some of these points will be covered better by one fractal than the other:

1. pro Thaumanova
    (I find reality bending more interesting than gods. It’s a personal thing.)
  2. equal
  3. pro Thaumanova
  4. pro Thaumanova
    (for these two, assessment based on existing math element / logical puzzles / abundance of experimental environmental weapons in Asuran events, and the Aetherblade mid-boss fight.)

I don’t know how to make it any more obvious or clear to you that yes, I am very aware that I am “making crap up” and admitted as much, but anyway further down stated how I came to my own conclusions.

(Maybe italics don’t stand out enough, so I have made them bold for you in addition so it is super easy to see even for the laziest of people!)

If you’re having a cheap go at me for being of a different opinion than you, it isn’t working. But thanks for your input anyway, it really contributes new insights to the discussion.