Waypoint offer: 20 silver? 30? Not worth it IMO

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

For those stating the waypoint cost reduction is the factor to vote Ellen Kiel.

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS TEMPORARY AND WON’T MATTER AT ALL AFTER 4 WEEKS

How much do you plan to waypoint in 4 weeks? And it’s a reduction cost (10%? maybe 20% even 50% won’t matter on the long term).

At the end even if the other option (keys) won’t save you much, it isn’t like you’re going to save tons of money with Kiel’s offer…

Will you sacrifice not facing Abaddon in one of the most epic battles in Tyrian history (epic enough to transform a sea into the most famous desert) just to save 20 or 30 silver total? Really? You can get that in a blink.

Vote for interesting permanent content. Vote Evon Gnashblade!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Well you just swayed me , LOL

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ketto.6508

Ketto.6508

This person truly understands. The discount would be so miniscule that it wouldn’t matter anyway — yet another misleading ploy by Kiel to steal votes.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

If it was perma reduction I’d vote Kiel but you’re absolutely correct, 4 weeks of say 25% reduction(just a guess) really wouldn’t equate to much especially when you think about having Kiel forever on the Council. I’ll vote Gnashblade.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

all the money I’ll make by running this epic battle again and again will outweight the paid waypoint costs by far

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

I would vote for human over a cow any day.

Glorious Human Master Race

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

How much do you plan to waypoint in 4 weeks? And it’s a reduction cost (10%? maybe 20% even 50% won’t matter on the long term).

The amount of WP-ing I’d do in a month would still be higher than the amount of black lion keys I would buy (zero). Since I don’t really care for Fractal content, Kiel has my vote.

in Cutthroat Politics

Marcus Greythorne.6843

well saying no to Abaddon would equal telling Anet: “I don’t care about Guild Wars 1 lore” which would lead to a decreasing chance of ever setting foot on Cantha, Elona etc.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

+1
I’m voting for Evon. Not even if the waypoints were free I would vote for Kiel. I want to fight Abaddon.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Veplerion.3921

Veplerion.3921

well saying no to Abaddon would equal telling Anet: “I don’t care about Guild Wars 1 lore” which would lead to a decreasing chance of ever setting foot on Cantha, Elona etc.

lol, no.

in Cutthroat Politics

Marcus Greythorne.6843

lol, no.

of course! Thaumanova would have completely new lore and Anet would get the feedback that their latest storytelling is fine (judging from Aetherblades and Southsun Cove it’s really not epic). GW1’s storytelling is epic… that’s what I vote for.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

lol, no.

of course! Thaumanova would have completely new lore and Anet would get the feedback that their latest storytelling is fine (judging from Aetherblades and Southsun Cove it’s really not epic). GW1’s storytelling is epic… that’s what I vote for.

They can make the fall of Abbadon not that epic adventure as well. Then people will be really sad.

Glorious Human Master Race

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Hmm.

What if it was free waypoint use?

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Marcus Greythorne.6843

They can make the fall of Abbadon not that epic adventure as well. Then people will be really sad.

how could fighting this guy be not epic?

http://img.kongzhong.com/gw2/news/2013/01/17/49dd615ae91358402147.jpg

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

They could give him immunity to all weapons and you’d need to defeat him by luring him into his own mines using an everyman tool regardless of your class. It’s not like they’d ever do something like that right?

Oh wait…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

That was my thinking. Neither of the economic incentives really matter to me, and while I personally would prefer Kiel in place, the Abadon battle sounds way too cool to pass up.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: EpicHenchman.6594

EpicHenchman.6594

But what will the Abaddon fractal actually be of? The war between the gods and his imprisonment? His eventual defeat by the goddess of truth?

Well you can guarantee that it will not involve his single victory, the dance off against the companions of Kormir!

#VoteKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

Waypoints cost almost nothing anyway, you would save silver by voting Ellen Kiel.

So what you should do is vote for Evon Gnashblade, for the BL Keys and Abaddon!

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

in Cutthroat Politics

Marcus Greythorne.6843

But what will the Abaddon fractal actually be of? The war between the gods and his imprisonment? His eventual defeat by the goddess of truth?

Well you can guarantee that it will not involve his single victory, the dance off against the companions of Kormir!

#VoteKiel

Colin mentioned in the interview yesterday that the battle vs. Abaddon predates GW1, so it has to be the one with the gods vs. him

in Cutthroat Politics

Lokheit.7943

That was my thinking. Neither of the economic incentives really matter to me, and while I personally would prefer Kiel in place, the Abadon battle sounds way too cool to pass up.

Exactly, the echonomic offers in both sides won’t matter. I hope people realize that saving 20 or 30 silver isn’t worth it compared to a long term epic fractal like the battle that transformed a sea into the 2 most famous desserts in the game!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

+1
I’m voting for Evon. Not even if the waypoints were free I would vote for Kiel. I want to fight Abaddon.

Same, I just hope that we can have an achievement for the dance. Those of you that did it probably remember. That was great.

Waypoints cost almost nothing anyway, you would save silver by voting Ellen Kiel.

So what you should do is vote for Evon Gnashblade, for the BL Keys and Abaddon!

With the amount of bl keys we buy that was enough. Even at 10% off it would be good. The thought of seeing that epic fight between the gods, nothing she has interests me that much.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

I rather have Kiel on the board then that filthy Charr for the remainder of GW2 story. Abaddon will probably come out later anyways, like they are gonna waste that idea because it did not get voted.

Number 2, the lore in this game need to be kicked up a lot of notches anyways, so unless that improves to begin with, the whole lore epicness isn’t enticing to me. I did not play GW1 but heard the story was amazing, but the same people same GW2 story is very meh and uninteresting. So far for me, it is meh and I am not hard to please. I tend to enjoy simple plots but these plots are wayyyy too simple.

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

That’s some REALLY FUBAR logic right there…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Paladin.1279

Paladin.1279

How about that Evon is just a loser? That is good enough reason to not vote for him. Sneaking around on stairs….pfft.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

As a person who loves the GW1 the fall of abbadon as a fractal does NOT do that point justice. I would rather have it as a proper dungeon that you access from the durmond priory than just another level in a fractal. Not to mention it would have to be a very high level fractal to get to so even if it was to get people who love the lore into the fractals your not going to see it for a very long time.

Also, if speculation serves to be true, the story now will get a bit more interesting with Kiel behind the counsel.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

So where and when do we vote anyway?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

At the end even if the other option (keys) won’t save you much, it isn’t like you’re going to save tons of money with Kiel’s offer…

Will you sacrifice not facing Abaddon in one of the most epic battles in Tyrian history (epic enough to transform a sea into the most famous desert) just to save 20 or 30 silver total? Really? You can get that in a blink.

If i wanted to fight Abaddon AGAIN I would play nightfall over. I’d rather do something different. GW1 servers are still live, you can go play with abaddon all day long. Lets have something new, lets get NEW lore that we didnt know before, instead of rehashing existing stories.

Vote Kiel for more information on the Elder Dragons. Vote Evon if you forgot how to login to GW1

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

i don’t play fractals………..so i don’t care which fractal they add. and if i did care….there’s no way you can predict which will be the better fractal yet. either one could be great or lame.

i do know that WP cost reduction saves me in-game money for something i constantly spend in-game money on….while cheaper keys saves me gems on something i never buy with gems.

Kiel offers me the the only tangible benefit. so she will get my vote.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Cutthroat Politics

Lokheit.7943

If i wanted to fight Abaddon AGAIN I would play nightfall over. I’d rather do something different. GW1 servers are still live, you can go play with abaddon all day long. Lets have something new, lets get NEW lore that we didnt know before, instead of rehashing existing stories.

Vote Kiel for more information on the Elder Dragons. Vote Evon if you forgot how to login to GW1

Except it’s confirmed it’s not GW1 fight, it’s the historcial fight of the 5 gods against him that was so epic that the Crystal Sea turned into the Crystal Dessert and the Desolation. That HAS to be epic (and with the party size of 5, there is even potential to play as the 5 gods…).

We can get all the lore on Elder Dragons in ANY form in this game, because this is the ED game. We can only relive that super epic historic fight through fractals.

in Cutthroat Politics

Shemsu.8721

Except it’s confirmed it’s not GW1 fight, it’s the historcial fight of the 5 gods against him that was so epic that the Crystal Sea turned into the Crystal Dessert and the Desolation. That HAS to be epic (and with the party size of 5, there is even potential to play as the 5 gods…).

We can get all the lore on Elder Dragons in ANY form in this game, because this is the ED game. We can only relive that super epic historic fight through fractals.

The human gods are no longer involved with tyria, even if they were they are not as strong as the elder dragons. Leave dead human gods in GW1, Lets have new stories plz. I dont care how epic the fight was, or what it changed. It no longer has any bearing on whats happening in the world. Any knowledge of ED’s would add to the little bit we know.

I know its not the same fight as gw1, but its nothing more than a different fight with the same guy, big deal. I’d rather new fights with new enemies, than fight gw1 bosses over

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

RNG is the reason. Protest by voting against RNG.

Abaddon may look great in GW2. But you already know the story. I’m sure it will get made one way or another.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

You’re right, seeing the fall of a god where we know the basic end result is MUCH more interesting then seeing how the asura’s at Thaumanova BROKE REALITY.

/sarcasm

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: NakedFury.5342

NakedFury.5342

Ill still vote for Kiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Remember! A vote for Evon is a vote for Abaddon! Vore for Evon Gnashblade today!

in Cutthroat Politics

Shemsu.8721

Remember! A vote for Evon is a vote for Abaddon! Vore for Evon Gnashblade today!

Thanks for making that clear, Down with the dead human gods, down with Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I would vote for human over a cow any day.

Even on the day you want to order a burger?
You monster! ; A ;

Hoopa doopa.

in Cutthroat Politics

Lokheit.7943

Abaddon may look great in GW2. But you already know the story. I’m sure it will get made one way or another.

Except that:

a) You’re blaming Evon of something that was decided by devs.

b) If you’re going to blame him for that, start blaming him for being able to commerce easily, finding whatever you need in a second or selling what you want when you want. If you’re assigning him the fault of all things echonomics, stop to get your facts right and see how much good he has done to all players in Tyria

You’re right, seeing the fall of a god where we know the basic end result is MUCH more interesting then seeing how the asura’s at Thaumanova BROKE REALITY.

/sarcasm

Also called “how the inquest did a big experiment that blew things number 1239847267”.

The most interesting part is that we could get more dragon lore, but as this is the dragon game, we’re going to get the dragon lore one way or another so better not waste a fractal spot for something we could know by other means.

That we know about the battle with Abaddon is what makes it so appealing as it was epic in historic proportions and witnessing it should be amazing.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

That’s some REALLY FUBAR logic right there…..

But at least it is better logic than “A vote for Evon is a vote for RNG.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Shemsu.8721

Except that:

a) You’re blaming Evon of something that was decided by devs.

b) If you’re going to blame him for that, start blaming him for being able to commerce easily, finding whatever you need in a second or selling what you want when you want. If you’re assigning him the fault of all things echonomics, stop to get your facts right and see how much good he has done to all players in Tyria

/sarcasm

Also called “how the inquest did a big experiment that blew things number 1239847267”.

The most interesting part is that we could get more dragon lore, but as this is the dragon game, we’re going to get the dragon lore one way or another so better not waste a fractal spot for something we could know by other means.

That we know about the battle with Abaddon is what makes it so appealing as it was epic in historic proportions and witnessing it should be amazing.

So you dont want to “waste” a fractal spot for something we MIGHT learn through other means, but your fine wasting that spot on something we ALREADY know?

in Cutthroat Politics

Lokheit.7943

So you dont want to “waste” a fractal spot for something we MIGHT learn through other means, but your fine wasting that spot on something we ALREADY know?

In fact I want it BECAUSE WE ALREADY KNOW what happens, and we know that what happens has epic proportions (sea turned into the most famous dessert as a consequence of the raw power used in that battle).

This game will deal with dragons and we will know about them while playing future content one way or another. There are very few chances to being able to witness parts of Tyria’s history as epic as this one.

I have no doubt they can make a fun and innovating reactor fractal, but at the end it will be just another Inquest blown experiment like so many others, with (maybe) some dragon lore here and there (and with fractals being so cryptic it probably won’t be so much new stuff) that we could know anyway through different content as we ARE going to know more about dragons. They can also make a fun and innovating fractal with Abaddon fall, and a battle like that would have epic proportions.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Cutthroat Politics

Shemsu.8721

In fact I want it BECAUSE WE ALREADY KNOW what happens, and we know that what happens has epic proportions (sea turned into the most famous dessert as a consequence of the raw power used in that battle).

This game will deal with dragons and we will know about them while playing future content one way or another. There are very few chances to being able to witness parts of Tyria’s history as epic as this one.

I have no doubt they can make a fun and innovating reactor fractal, but at the end it will be just another Inquest blown experiment like so many others, with (maybe) some dragon lore here and there (and with fractals being so cryptic it probably won’t be so much new stuff) that we could know anyway through different content as we ARE going to know more about dragons. They can also make a fun and innovating fractal with Abaddon fall, and a battle like that would have epic proportions.

You make alot of assumptions regarding the content of the fractal. All they said was it deals with the fall of Abaddon, they never said you would take part in the battle itself, or even see it, not to mention get to see the aftermath. It could easily be just another boring fractal that people try to skip

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

the black lion key price reduction is just as temporary as the waypoint price reductions so whats your point with that? they both last 4 weeks.

also EVERYONE is going to benefit from waypoint price discount while much less people will have a benefit from reduced black lion keys prices.

if i realy have to vote i will vote for Evon as well since his offer fits me better. if there’s an option not to vote than ill do that. both their video’s they are crying about the other instead of promoting themself. they didnt tell me why they should be chosen.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m up for that. Anything to postpone having to deal with the city crap from Cantha. Elona on the other hand…

Saying no to Reactor is saying we don’t care about the untold lore of GW2.

You make alot of assumptions regarding the content of the fractal. All they said was it deals with the fall of Abaddon, they never said you would take part in the battle itself, or even see it, not to mention get to see the aftermath. It could easily be just another boring fractal that people try to skip

See thats what I keep thinking about. Everyone keeps saying stuff about seeing the fall, the change, etc., but do we see anything like that in any of the current fractals? About the only one with a story is the Charr one. Cliffside does kinda, but we have no context for it. All the other fractals are just go beat these guys to get to this end dude, and then kill him. No story or anything. No fractal should be long enough to tell any kind of story (unless its the only fractal you do), otherwise it’ll take forever to do only level of a fractal.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Let’s guesstimate. 2 million players, for simplicity we’ll just take that as the amount of characters (yes I dropped 1 million on purpose). My waypoints are usually in the 2 – 3.5s – let’s say 2 uses per day, 4 weeks – 28 days – let’s go with 50% reduction and make it 2s total per day …

28 × 2 × 2 x 2,000,000 … that’s a lot of silver.

So just for myself, likely around 2 gold savings which is a lot more vs keys that I am not buying

Edit: Plus the added peace of mind of not supporting chest-RNG (’cause not all RNG is “bad”) – priceless.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

#VoteKiel

Be funny if he does win and we get to see a world molded by abbadon. They could make use fight agents the 5 human gods. We where char fighting against Ascolon. Fotm are funny like that.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

People are actually choosing Kiel because of reduced WP costs??

I choose Kiel, because Evon seems shady and I feel the election holds a lot more than meets the eye.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I heard that Evon Gnashblade is only running in the election so that the Black Lion Company can finally take over waypoint control and gear repair.

Once Evon gets elected, WP prices will triple. Moreover, if you want to travel using damaged gearpieces, you will have to pay a “secure travel” fee of 30% per damaged item. Is that really what you want?

Vote for justice. Vote for bikinis. Vote Kiel.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jahiliyya.7095

Jahiliyya.7095

I choose GW2 (new) lore over GW1 lore. Been there, done that.

#IStandWithKiel

Commander Jam, The Republic [SPQR] on Sanctum of Rall
Jumble Akimbo
Jahiliyya Akimbo

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Let’s guesstimate. 2 million players, for simplicity we’ll just take that as the amount of characters (yes I dropped 1 million on purpose). My waypoints are usually in the 2 – 3.5s – let’s say 2 uses per day, 4 weeks – 28 days – let’s go with 50% reduction and make it 2s total per day …

28 × 2 × 2 x 2,000,000 … that’s a lot of silver.

So just for myself, likely around 2 gold savings which is a lot more vs keys that I am not buying

Edit: Plus the added peace of mind of not supporting chest-RNG (’cause not all RNG is “bad”) – priceless.

So you make 2 extra gold(really don’t loose) assumption of 50% is really streatching it over course of month I personally make 100g a week and that makes 400g a month. If u look at updates extra gold they are adding to dugions is 2g for a month of play vers 5g for 30mins of play really that impressive. My personal opinion not really.

And that 2g is only if u have level 80s lower levels pay almost nothing for waypoints. Just Sit your 80s in COF area and level up your low levels and you wont pay any waypoint costs at all could sit a few at top of jump puzzles too when they add the new mats.

People say don’t vote for EVON cause he cares about money. But u are making a decision entirely based on it. Who will save us more money in long run a merchant who only cares about it or a Lion Guard who is under thumb of a Norn.

Just wanted to point out 2g over course of a month is honestly nothing for a level 80 which are the only people that will benefit from it. We have enough inflation with out adding more to it. Vote for EVON for better in game Econ.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)
So you make 2 extra gold(really don’t loose) assumption of 50% is really streatching it over course of month I personally make 100g a week and that makes 400g a month. If u look at updates extra gold they are adding to dugions is 2g for a month of play vers 5g for 30mins of play really that impressive. My personal opinion not really.

I didn’t say 2g was the world, I said it’s more than money “saved” on keys I’m not buying. I’m saving 100% there already

People say don’t vote for EVON cause he cares about money. But u are making a decision entirely based on it. (…)

I did’t say I don’t care for money, Evon does not care about MY money, he just wants it, whereas Ellen gives me the option to save money and utilize it to protect Tyria.

Plus you forgot the little “priceless” end.

Adding further – I don’t like eavesdropping and I caught Evon doing that.

He eats puppies btw.

But in all seriousness I only responded because of the notion that there is no gold saved, I would wager that in total there will be more gold saved than with a price reduction on keys.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”