Fireworks Thread - Overflow and Achievement issues

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

People are lazy. Dont see why Anet cant put 2 timezones in their releases though. They do do it sometimes.

So what about those that live in the other 20 timezones?
Should they put up every single timezone in the world for all their schedules?

If people can’t figure it out with only this, how would they figure it out if the put it in UTC?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Diamond Llama.9328

Diamond Llama.9328

30 minutes past the hour and still sitting here in overflow with nothing but my thumb up my….nostril…

I am disappoint.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Edaeloth.8913

Edaeloth.8913

Trying to be smart Admiration ?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

lol, you are a dev, right? I always knew there were some of you posting incognito in the forums.

I’m a dev because I’m not jumping on the rage train with the other impatient members of the community about a late fireworks show in a game? Yeah ok. How dare I respond in a calm, rational manner!

Public Relations and Developers are different. Public Relations rep should be the one posting while the devs work.

Yes, thank you for that. I’m well aware of the difference. The post I responded to clearly stated “devs.”

Anet’s policy thus far has been to never take the blame for any of their screw ups. They never provided timely notices for things like this. When the official word comes out, it will be something in the line of “people misunderstood – it is not our fault.”

You do know this is a game, right?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: shadowknightjack.1904

shadowknightjack.1904

I think that this is un-called for.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

No fireworks in overflow, no fireworks nowhere. Don’t worry, just wait.

-Sâmbuca

in Dragon Bash

Zedd.8239

I ended up getting the achievement and the chest on Ehmry Bay. There wasn’t an actual fireworks show, however.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

How about stop whining as a collective and be patient? It will happen when it happens

Some of us are clocking out of work to do this. This is seriously like “time is money”…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Irikol.3495

Irikol.3495

You know that Anet is actually a business right? A place where people work to do things on top and properly, not just throwing out Quality control for the “it’s just a game” adage?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

SoR no fireworks, not in overflow

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: earvinarp.6347

earvinarp.6347

lol, you are a dev, right? I always knew there were some of you posting incognito in the forums.

I’m a dev because I’m not jumping on the rage train with the other impatient members of the community about a late fireworks show in a game? Yeah ok. How dare I respond in a calm, rational manner!

Public Relations and Developers are different. Public Relations rep should be the one posting while the devs work.

Yes, thank you for that. I’m well aware of the difference. The post I responded to clearly stated “devs.”

Anet’s policy thus far has been to never take the blame for any of their screw ups. They never provided timely notices for things like this. When the official word comes out, it will be something in the line of “people misunderstood – it is not our fault.”

haha, sure! People logging in for a minute on a work day at 10am and find themselves stuck for 40 minutes and they have no right to kitten? lol, you must be either retired or a jobless student.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Meijo.7415

Meijo.7415

Were you on overflow? sitting on main in SOR for over half an hour and the show still has not even started. A player dropped a truck load of fireworks for people to set off themselves it was not the actual event though.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

How about stop whining as a collective and be patient? It will happen when it happens

Some of us are clocking out of work to do this. This is seriously like “time is money”…

Then you’re sad.

It’s stated it occurs every 2 hours, so why clock in while at work in order to get it? Just so you can flunk some time off work? Clearly that is the case.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Dragon Bash

Zedd.8239

You know that Anet is actually a business right? A place where people work to do things on top and properly, not just throwing out Quality control for the “it’s just a game” adage?

Yes. I’m aware of that. I’m just tired of people getting bent out of shape over things not always going 100% according to plan and immediately jumping to conclusions based on absolutely no information.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Spaceman.1063

Spaceman.1063

We are hearing rumors that overflow got the fireworks, and the gifts. Is this true?

Got the achievement/gifts 27 minutes late whilst sitting in overflow (didn’t leave or requeue). No show accompanying it, but hey, you can’t have everything.

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,
I will now close it.” – Moderator

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: trampled underfoot.4523

trampled underfoot.4523

Happened to me too and many others it seems. Got stuck in L.A overflow, stayed for 45 minutes (right until now), say some fireworks; no achievement, no message, no love.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AirX.6541

AirX.6541

This is ridiculous. 40min of all our time wasted and not even a simple reply/update from the community service providers. What a disappointment and shame on them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Irikol.3495

Irikol.3495

Yes. I’m aware of that. I’m just tired of people getting bent out of shape over things not always going 100% according to plan and immediately jumping to conclusions based on absolutely no information.

I understand your frustrations, but it doesn’t serve any good by responding in the way that you did. People have honest concerns, let them have their concerns.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Fireworks just finished on the overflow I was on… approx. 35 minutes after it was slated to start.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

Then you’re sad.

It’s stated it occurs every 2 hours, so why clock in while at work in order to get it? Just so you can flunk some time off work? Clearly that is the case.

Go kitten yourself!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: visorswin.5347

visorswin.5347

ALERT: Warriors of Tyria, our fireworks for Dragon Bash were intercepted by the Fire Legion and Bandits on its way to Lion’s Arch. Please hunt them down and bring us back the fireworks. Thank you.

Fire Legion or Bandits Slain: 0/15
Frieworks Retrieved: 0/20

JQ-visorswin.5347
Lv 80 Warrior
Lv 80 Elementalist

in Dragon Bash

earvinarp.6347

There are always the two or three people who always take the antagonizing stand and don’t let people voice their concerns, as if they had been giving a debate topic and had to come up with arguments to contradict everyone. Are these people expecting a deluxe upgrade from anet or are they just in anet’s payroll already?

Let people vent a bit. If you do not like it, go elsewhere. Bottom-line is that this is yet another screw up from anet. Is it a big deal? No. But is it a screw up? Yes. So, let people do what people do. You can start you own thread singing the praises of sitting in front of an idling game for 40 minutes in the morning of a work day.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tranto.6084

Tranto.6084

Still in an Ehmry bay over flow no chest or achv

EB: Disry 80 warrior Bag collector
{GH}Reps {GF} Just runs
{NITE}Reps {TDE}My PVE

in Dragon Bash

Zedd.8239

haha, sure! People logging in for a minute on a work day at 10am and find themselves stuck for 40 minutes and they have no right to kitten?

Or, you could just wait until you get home and get the achievement then. The fireworks show is occurring every 2 hours until Monday morning. If people are taking the day off from work or risking their jobs over an achievement in a game, then that’s just downright sad. There’s nothing ArenaNet can do about people making poor decisions.

lol, you must be either retired or a jobless student.

Yes, obviously. Those are the only two explanations for why I’m logged on at the moment. A few other possibilities: I’m in a different time zone than you are, I happen to have the day off, I may be self-employed, I might be on my lunch break. I’m sure I could come up with several other possible explanations for why I’m logged in at this hour (not that it’s any of your business or concern).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

On Isle of Janthir server, no fireworks yet.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: neintales.4819

neintales.4819

Yak’s Bend, not in overflow, no fireworks yet.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I used to bide my time but since Anet does this time and time again and purposely does not provide info, one tends to get become critical of their inability to pull off these big events. —-only going on past behaviour/examples of these big time events that they can’t seem to pull off successfully.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: luap.2308

luap.2308

Same here, no fireworks. waste of time..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

If I had to choose one thing ArenaNet’s never been that great at, it’s responding to queries on it’s own forums. All too often I see a red icon next to a thread and get excited, only to find it’s a moderator posting to remind people to be civil. Jumping to conclusions based on no information is all the community has a lot of the time. Moreover, jumping to the conclusion that there is yet another bug / error when it’s all we seem to see, every event, would be quite a legitimate conclusion I feel.

The above is also not to mention that with bugs / errors occurring every event, without fail (honestly, I can’t think of an event that’s run perfectly) something’s gotta give. The constant problems have been grating on players for some time now.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Anet’s love of RNG now has events only happening on certain servers and certain overflows.

I’d be less upset if it weren’t tied to an achievement.

And it’s frustrating because we don’t know when the next event happens so there is uncertainty in obtaining the achievement.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Then you’re sad.

Go kitten yourself!

Go do the job you’re paid to do.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Dragon Bash

earvinarp.6347

haha, sure! People logging in for a minute on a work day at 10am and find themselves stuck for 40 minutes and they have no right to kitten?

Or, you could just wait until you get home and get the achievement then. The fireworks show is occurring every 2 hours until Monday morning. If people are taking the day off from work or risking their jobs over an achievement in a game, then that’s just downright sad. There’s nothing ArenaNet can do about people making poor decisions.

lol, you must be either retired or a jobless student.

Yes, obviously. Those are the only two explanations for why I’m logged on at the moment. A few other possibilities: I’m in a different time zone than you are, I happen to have the day off, I may be self-employed, I might be on my lunch break. I’m sure I could come up with several other possible explanations for why I’m logged in at this hour (not that it’s any of your business or concern).

Oh, man, how long are you going to go down this path? People want immediate gratification. That is the way of western civilization as of 2013. People want the kitten reward and they are logging in for that. I have no problem with it. If they are sitting in the office and they take second to do that, who can blame them? And, if they do not get, who can blame them for kittening a bit about it? Why take that away from them as well?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Enemie.3842

Enemie.3842

Anet… you waste me time.. i have work too.. if you want some money you must take other job… not make GW servers….. you waste me time and money… thanks

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jonakan.5809

Jonakan.5809

SFR no owerflow: No fireworks.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Man I’m starting to think I should put a.net up there with BethSoft as far as not bug testing before releasing anything…

But at least a.net doesn’t keep using the same engine with the same bugs for over a decade without fixing any of them…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kronosfear.7548

Kronosfear.7548

If I had to choose one thing ArenaNet’s never been that great at, it’s responding to queries on it’s own forums.

Try playing Diablo 3 and voice out your concerns in their forums. You’ll soon see Anet as a merciful god.

“Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.”
- Sir Edward Gibbon

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AoiShikaku.3790

AoiShikaku.3790

55mins later on overflow.. no fireworks.. no achiev.. no items…

lunch break is over.. back to work..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: terminatorkobold.6031

terminatorkobold.6031

FSP real server not overflow and no fireworks either

Jormag must have eaten the whole supply

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

Just got it on AR. I started in overflow, then was transferred to the regular server.

in Dragon Bash

visorswin.5347

fine! it’s almost 1hr delay… and still no sign of fireworks

JQ-visorswin.5347
Lv 80 Warrior
Lv 80 Elementalist

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

Let me explain how this works.

The firework event cycle (them happening every two hours) was started at 9:00 AM PDT. The event itself is tied to the ingame time and will happen at dawn (ingame). So your fireworks might not have happened yet, as it is not dawn ingame.

Apologies for us not communicating this more clearly. But the fireworks will happen every two hours over the course of the weekend, so plenty of time to marvel at them and get the achievement.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

haha, sure! People logging in for a minute on a work day at 10am and find themselves stuck for 40 minutes and they have no right to kitten? lol, you must be either retired or a jobless student.

You know that this event will happen for the next 3 days every 2 hours right?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

The firework event cycle (them happening every two hours) was started at 9:00 AM PDT. The event itself is tied to the ingame time and will happen at dawn (ingame). So your fireworks might not have happened yet, as it is not dawn ingame.

Apologies for us not communicating this more clearly. But the fireworks will happen every two hours over the course of the weekend, so plenty of time to marvel at them and get the achievement.

How long does the day/night cycle even last in game? I figured since you say the fireworks will happen every 2 hours that the cycle is 2 hours? I never even notice because the differences in lighting are so small and I hardly ever have the skybox in my view because of the way the camera works.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RainbowWarrior.5082

RainbowWarrior.5082

People are lazy. Dont see why Anet cant put 2 timezones in their releases though. They do do it sometimes.

So what about those that live in the other 20 timezones?
Should they put up every single timezone in the world for all their schedules?

If people can’t figure it out with only this, how would they figure it out if the put it in UTC?

writing it as utc better, then writing it as dpt which is far from majority of players.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Diamond Llama.9328

Diamond Llama.9328

Wow that information would have been useful about an HOUR ago.

grumpy

in Dragon Bash

visorswin.5347

GOT THE ACHIEVEMENT!
There is NO fireworks display, but you can get the achievement after 1hr

JQ-visorswin.5347
Lv 80 Warrior
Lv 80 Elementalist

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

That…is not even close to what you guys said originally.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Isn’t two hours the day cycle?

So basically every dawn after 9am PDT today will have fireworks. Yeah, that particular piece of information wasn’t communicated.

I guess it’s a tradeoff for having a day cycle instead of the time-locked situation in GW1, but that’s…a bit annoying. It’s much easier timing it on real life time.

Edit: Or…maybe we can get the servers day cycle synced!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tryphena.1379

Tryphena.1379

That…is not even close to what you guys said originally.

I was thinking the same thing.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Well, that sure explains a lot. Unfortunate that we didn’t know that ahead of time, but thanks for the information! I think now folks looking to see them or to get the achievement will be able to have a better idea of when as a result.