Request: Make Dragon Ball a permanent arena

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

As the title states, can we get the Dragon Ball as a permanent addition to the optional mini games like Keg Brawl, only, it’s in LA?

Puueeaaseeee!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Ok, but make it ffa instead of teams.

in Dragon Bash

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I actually like the team play.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I would definitely like to see Dragon Ball stay. Its silly that Dragon Ball is going to be removed and the freaking Moa Race of all things that’s just a gambling sim gets to stay.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I actually like the team play.

Yeah. “Team”, like in you’re playing three vs five and the other two are afk. Really great fun.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

The game needs more structure anyways IMO. Snowball was much better.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: PrimalFear.4126

PrimalFear.4126

I would also like to see DragonBall stick around, but I also wanted RollerBeetle to be permanent. If not I hope it comes back for multiple festivals and not just Dragon Bash.

Either way it’s a fun minigame and have enjoyed it

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Now this would be awesome.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

Only if the game actually attempts more than random matchmaking. 5 v 2 matches that load one team with the top three scorers from the previous match is silly. Afk players are a serious problem. Also, the lack of match selection makes playing with friends difficult.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Snowballing was much better designed and thought out.. Dragonabll is nothing more than a waste of time imo… exploitable results.. who in their right mind is going to want to jump into to a Dragonball game when the score is already 460 – 40 with your team consisting of 1 try hard and 2 -3 AFK lay downs… ANET has so much fail when it comes to team match ups (WvW has shown this already). No idea what the solution is but before any mini game of this nature gets put into game it should at least be better thought through… snowball fights and the Mad King min games were a lot better by far.

As for Moa racing.. agree ….why would we want that to stay in game.. but of course we all know the real answer don’t we!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

Yes please, only played it 4 times but was great fun, wouldn’t mind it being free for all.

BOOM

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Now this would be awesome.

People said the exact opposide after Crab Toss: It would have been more awesome if it was team-based.

That makes me wonder.

Anyway, Yes, I think the mroe mini-games the better – diversity is always good. Not everybody likes this or that (or any) mini-game, but why not leave the choice or how to spend them time to the players?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

The game needs more structure anyways IMO. Snowball was much better.

Yeah, Snowball was the best they ever created. Played that all the time.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Dragon Bash

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Yes the snowball game was fun, and yes the afkers of Dragon Ball sucked, but still, the Dragon Ball game was fun when there was an even fielded team. This thread was made with the assumption of having an afker-less game, so let’s try to think like that please.

Personally, I liked the “simplicity” of Dragon Ball and the strategy of owning the field. The other aspect that I liked about this game is the multiple levels that you could run around in.

Anyways, I’d like to see more of the minigames like Snow/Dragon Ball as a permanent addition and less of the ones that involve “pick up X object and play keepaway from the others”. I absolutely hated the minigames like that.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Basara.3810

Basara.3810

I hope it gets removed as soon as possible also fire the guy that gave the idea for it and just to be safe burn his computer.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Celuthielm.3187

Celuthielm.3187

I agree completely, I had lots of fun with this lil game: +1

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Only if the AFKs could be reported and 12hr ban from the game handed out.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VKP Butcher.2751

VKP Butcher.2751

As much of a nuisance as the afkers tend to be I do like the game so yeah…it’d be a nice perm addition I think.

I gave my limbs to the gods, perhaps I’ll add yours to the offering!
Killian Darkwood(Rng), Kaalia Darkheart(Guard), Avacyn Darkmind(Mes):Maguuma

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

The game has potential and I wouldn’t mind seeing it around. But only if they fix the issues with idlers, as well as people being able to switch off of the team that already has less players.

Otherwise, we’ll just end up with ridiculous stuff like 5v0 matches with 20 minutes remaining on the timer…

Attachments:

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hawk.3574

Hawk.3574

What they should do is have all these holiday games(Halloween, Wintersday, Dragonbash) be options for custom arenas. This would increase the people using the new kits and let people who enjoyed the content not have to wait a yr to see it again.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Grafskopa.9140

Grafskopa.9140

If Dragon Ball arena ever would become permanent I would rather have it team built (taht is party entering togheter) rather then random built (as it is now).

Guild Wars 2 is already a game BUILT ON RANDOMNESS! And it’s so frustrating when one cannot play any kind of tactic other than; “I see you run confused over there, lets follow you until you die, then I find someone else to follow, if luck is with me that is”

And OH, you are AFK, which means my team has one less player, and the other team gets point – mmMM! Lovely..

I loath the randomness and sad to say, having these random built teams in these pvp areas are not fun at all. Wasting time to wait for players that understand that the only tactis is STAYING TOGHETER is the key to actually win at all.

No more random stuff. It’s an old panic idea.

Thank you advance

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Dragon Ball is fun but it is only team deathmatch.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Remove the “X games completed” achievement and there would be no more going AFK

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

AFK fest whole year? seems fun.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Guild Wars 2 is already a game BUILT ON RANDOMNESS!

And knockbacks. Don’t forget knockbacks.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

people still play dragonball “properly”?

the last time I went in it was practically AFK players / or teams taking it in turns to give wins…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Payadopa.4706

Payadopa.4706

The game has potential and I wouldn’t mind seeing it around. But only if they fix the issues with idlers, as well as people being able to switch off of the team that already has less players.

Otherwise, we’ll just end up with ridiculous stuff like 5v0 matches with 20 minutes remaining on the timer…

What he said.
I played for an hour and almost all matches were won because one team basically gave up or swiched teams. You shouldn’t be allowed to switch to teams that already have more members!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I once had a game where the entire enemy team was all leechers. That was the easiest match ever. XD

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I think it would be cool to see Dragon Ball stick around, I really enjoyed it!
Like some are saying, I probably did like the Snowball Arena a bit more, but eh. They’re both purdy jazzy : P

Hoopa doopa.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It’s not going to stay, but it will likely be back for a month every year. If you think about it, that’s better anyway. If it stuck around people would stop playing it after a while and you’d never be able to play unless you organized a game.

It’s still pretty buggy and so is Keg Brawl. I wish they would fix the game-breaking bugs in their minigames (autobalance in DB, long lob in KB) before adding new minigames like they’re doing in the next patch.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Payadopa.4706

Payadopa.4706

And another thing. I thought you get kicked once you stop moving for like 60 seconds.
Why is it then that a player (who I reported, as the team who had him always lost) can stay in-game for like four(!) matches?
I’m really starting to like Dragon Ball, but not if it’s unbalanced.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

As it is right now: heck no. A really horrible experience getting the 20 games done (that goes for being on either the farmed or farmers side), not even bothering with the 20 wins. It had the potential to be really fun. I like the jump pads and the ones that send you flying, but the second you have people switch to one team and outnumbers the others, or one team gets a slight advantage, it’s an absolute zergfest that the losing side is highly unlikely to come back from. Nearly every game I’ve played so far has ended up with one team camping where the others jump out and quickly farming the game to the end. The losers quickly notice what happens and just go sacrifice themselves to get it over with.

This mini game needs serious reworking (not having to go hunt down all your skills again after a death would help loads with balance and also disable all that switching stuff. only switch people if balancing is needed.)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Re-design it a bit and add this map for standard PvP matches. There could be just one capturing point (in the middle) with “king of the hill” style gameplay.