So about that ticket....2100 later..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TastyMuskrat.3794

TastyMuskrat.3794

Farmed about 200 coffers, got nothing. Decided I would buy a bunch, since I’m probably out the door soon with this game anyway. I just was curious if the RNG was as bad as everyone said (No I didn’t spend money, just my gold). After opening 2100 coffers and spending about 75 gold, finally got one:P

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Just curious was that 2100 rich or regular coffers. I assume it was regular.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KneeGrowMan.9354

KneeGrowMan.9354

i got 1 after 20 coffer, second one at 180. ive opened 222 more (402 total) and havent gotten another yet.

in Dragon Bash

TastyMuskrat.3794

Just curious was that 2100 rich or regular coffers. I assume it was regular.

Yes, just regular.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I’ve opened over 500 coffers so far, no ticket. Disgusts me to see someone in LA show-off his 6 jade weapons.

If I don’t get a ticket this month either, just as I didn’t get fused or sclerite tickets, I think I’m going to flip tables, burn buildings and destroy worlds. Then I’ll consume excessive amounts of alcohol to drown my sadness. I’ll pack my stuff and become a traveling hobo, eventually settling in Vietnam, marrying a local and starting a fishing company. And hopefully I’ll never hear of Crates/Coffers anymore.

in Dragon Bash

TastyMuskrat.3794

I’ve opened over 500 coffers so far, no ticket. Disgusts me to see someone in LA show-off his 6 jade weapons.

If I don’t get a ticket this month either, just as I didn’t get fused or sclerite tickets, I think I’m going to flip tables, burn buildings and destroy worlds. Then I’ll consume excessive amounts of alcohol to drown my sadness. I’ll pack my stuff and become a traveling hobo, eventually settling in Vietnam, marrying a local and starting a fishing company. And hopefully I’ll never hear of Crates/Coffers anymore.

But for some reason when I think of Vietnam I picture many, many wooden crates.

in Dragon Bash

Sebulon.7683

But for some reason when I think of Vietnam I picture many, many wooden crates.

I wonder if there even is a crate-free place on earth where I could heal my corrupted mind…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Wow, weapon skins are serious business to some people o.o

Personally, just making the skins not account bound until used would be the way to go for me. Sure, they might be pricey, but then you’d have the option of trying your luck at RNG for them (which some people enjoy the gamble) or just save up and buy outright from the TP.
Otherwise….I’m not that much into the gamble and it doesnt matter much to me as its not affecting the way I play the game in any way. Its just a pixelated skin….

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I’m at around 2100 now, no skin yet, maybe I am close :o

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

That’s the thing with gambling. The more you do it does not increase your odds at winning. The odds are the same every time you open a box, not better.

in Dragon Bash

Sebulon.7683

I’m at around 2100 now, no skin yet, maybe I am close :o

There is no close when it comes to rng…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

That’s the thing with gambling. The more you do it does not increase your odds at winning. The odds are the same every time you open a box, not better.

Shhhhhhhh!!! I’m trying to feel better about my odds T_T

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Dragon Bash

TastyMuskrat.3794

Wow, weapon skins are serious business to some people o.o

Well I never had the urge to get any of the other skins from F&F and such. I just wanted to test the RNG to see if it was like others claimed, opening hundreds or what have you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

so ~70g for a rare unique skin. Seems like a pretty good deal to me since most of the rare skins go for like 300+ gold.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

so ~70g for a rare unique skin. Seems like a pretty good deal to me since most of the rare skins go for like 300+ gold.

this.

as much as RNG is frustrating and it would be much better to have had a way to earn one ticket (like completing ALL Dragon bash achievements)…….i can’t really get mad at a result like that…..or feel bad for the OP.

TP prices for comparable skins are much more expensive (and farming takes much longer for Mystic forge uniques than farming Dragon coffers).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Never cared for weapon skins before this release, so I always ignored them. But now that I do care, ive spent an entire day earning 1k+ coffers and still no luck. I wouldn’t be so angry if I heard how other players find them without any difficulty at all. I become kitten ed when reading about or talking to players who nonchalantly show off their easily obtained coffers.
Solutions:
-a fixed number, perhaps we have to obtain 500 coffers to get the ticket.
-place a ticket as a reward for completing a difficult or a series of achievements rather than in a box.
-at least inform us of the drop rate… not that it really changes anything

in Dragon Bash

TastyMuskrat.3794

…….i can’t really get mad at a result like that…..or feel bad for the OP.

TP prices for comparable skins are much more expensive (and farming takes much longer for Mystic forge uniques than farming Dragon coffers).

I’m not frustrated really, just wanted to know the outcome

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’m rooting for you swiftpaw!!!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Darren.3427

Darren.3427

Throwing my numbers in and yes I spent gold on these. I’m up to 6,000 coffers regular ones and have 6 skins. ugh so much clicking x.x

more I say more skins more!!!!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tormented Gizka.8190

Tormented Gizka.8190

Well, I’ve received my first ticket from the regular dragon coffers after opening about 800 or so… 300 from regular play and 500 bought directly off the trading post. I consider myself lucky, frankly. I was resigned to the prospect of not getting a ticket, since I’ve never been deemed worthy by the illustrious RNG to receive any of the other account-bound skins in all my time of play since pre-launch.

The gem store gambling boxes are, of course, extremely slimy and I really hope people learn their lesson to stay the hell away from them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

At 2 tickets, with 2500 or so normal coffers.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

Sounds to me like the odds for regular coffers are around 1/1000, and rich is maybe 1/100. Just an educated guess, because ive read alot of threads.

So, if 100 gems cost 3g 12s, for each rich coffer.
You can buy almost 100 regular coffers (buy value 3.61s currenly) for the price of 1 rich. So the regular coffers will be 10x cheaper if your attempting to get the weapon ticket.

This is all hypothetical, since we dont know the exact odds.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

The wiki says there’s about a 0.02% chance of the weapon ticket from the results that have been put in from a regular coffer.

I also bought c.50 rich coffers and got one. I must have opened close to 1000 regulars without luck. I don’t mind RNG but this is some heavily stacked bullkitten.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Well,i just got my ticket tonight.Wasn’t even thinking of ever getting one since my luck with these things is normally horrible.But i think,all together i found around 200 – 300 chests,didn’t spend any gems on them and about 2h ago now i got my first ticket.So yes,in this case i think i was pretty kitten lucky.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

-a fixed number, perhaps we have to obtain 500 coffers to get the ticket.

That is basically the approach used for the Wintersday weapons. The 100,000 Zhaitaffy cost for the wings would have been better used for the ticket although that price is still “a bit” too much.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

The problem with a 0.02% drop chance is, its friendly for multi-million player games, but very unfriendly to the individual. It means hundreds of ppl will get it, but not you…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

For me, the best way to handle this RNG was to decide to not want what ANet has made, to not care. After trying to get the flame and forge skins and failing, it’s less taxing on the nerves to be indifferent. I assumed that they were unobtainable and when I open up the coffers, it is just to get the candy which I plan to use to buy the 30% magic find cupcakes for when I farm. (Shrug) I don’t think it’s what ANet wants, for its players to be indifferent about what they offer as rewards, but I find it less stressful. I actually had forgotten about the weapon skins from the chests till I read this thread.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I got one ticket after about 20 coffers on day one. Wouldnt of cared about tickets if i hadnt of got that one. But now that I have it I kind of want another so I can get the axe + mace for my warrior. I feel like i would of been happier if i didnt get any tickets at all. :<

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheBigfootNZ.4605

TheBigfootNZ.4605

Farmed another stack tonight over 3 hours, and got another ticket in the last 20 i opened. So for me its so far been 2 tickets out of 900-1000 (ball park figure) of coffers, brother how ever has opened around 700 and gotten none.

Also got pretty lucky and got the holo wings as a drop from a hostile npc that joined in when we took down a node. Was saving up for the gold to just buy a pair by selling my candy, which makes it a nice saving, heck 22 gold for me is pretty kitten big chunk of time and money to acquire.

Now to try and get myself 1 more ticket, heh. Then at least i can get each of the ones I wanted. Id say its better than the Southsun crates, but kitten do you have to put in the long hours to get em. A normal casual player doing an hour or two every other night just wouldnt be able to ever work for one of these tickets with out just dumb luck, given just how many coffers you’ve gotta get to have a decent chance of obtaining one based on the perceived chance… basically you’ve gotta hit it so hard thakittens gotta give you one through shear overwhelming numbers :P

Vardkona – 80 Guard, Mew Nickleheart – 80 Eng
Howling Jimmy – 80 Necro, The Six Demon Bag – 54 Ele
Hedge of Steel – 41 War, Yikky Soupskin – 11 Thief

(edited by TheBigfootNZ.4605)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Disregarding the fact that the odds on the 10th and 2010th coffer are the same, I find people complaining before say 2-3000 coffers are somewhat unreasonable and act too entitled. (opened 100ish, no ticket, not surprised)

With the odds being what they are, I might feel unlucky once I approach 3000ish, bfore that not getting a ticket is just the expected result. If I get lucky earlier all the better, theres still that thought of “maybe in this batch” when I open them (tend to open 10-30 in one go).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

Took ~800 Dragon Coffers and 30 Rich Coffers to get a ticket. Never cared for the weapon skins until this event, didn’t think of how bad buying Rich Coffers was until I had already confirmed the purchase. Oh well, got 1 ticket, got the shield. That was on the second day of the event. If I get another ticket, I’m getting the Longbow, then if I get another one, it’ll be between the staff, hammer, or axe. The Longbow looks way to sweet though.

Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get a ticket immediately. I was so kitten ed Tuesday I blew 50g on dragon coffers, and nothing. Went to sleep, school and work, calmed down, and farmed holograms for about 2 hours before I got a ticket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

The problem with a 0.02% drop chance is, its friendly for multi-million player games, but very unfriendly to the individual. It means hundreds of ppl will get it, but not you…

+1 Good Sir

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

not going to lie after reading other players stories….i feel really bad about the weapon ticket i got from a regular coffer after opening about 30…

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

Some people just can’t understand the concept of random.

Just because you really want one, doesn’t mean you will get one.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Out of 1200 regular coffers – got 2 tickets.
Out of 100 Rich – got 2 tickets. I got 75 the first day and nothing so I went to the normal ones and got the two.
Just for the heck of it bought 25 rich yesterday and managed to get 2 tickets.
Done buying any more rich coffers. Since i really only wanted one more after the first two. Not sure who to use the 4th one on
It is all just about luck. Best luck I have had in game so far. Usually get nothing.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Force.2841

Force.2841

Dam! I did not get a skin either, now everyone will kill me in PVP =/. So unfair that they get a skin and it has made them so powerful! I can’t believe that these lucky people will have the edge over me now in pve as well! /s

In all seriousness go play other MMO’s and see how good you have it in GW2.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

So yeah.. friend of mine picked up 5 tickets in the first day, 4 from normal coffers(less than 500 total) and 1 from rich coffers(5 total).

Personally, I got mine after 729 coffers and I’m definitly not going through the gambling process of getting a second one.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

It really kitten es you off when you can’t get one ticket from thousands of coffers but then your friends get 2 from less than a hundred.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

About dem odds..

The odds of getting a ticket on box 100 is the same as getting one on box 1
The odds of getting one after 100 boxes is greater than the getting one after 1 box

So, yes, it is correct to say that you do not have a better chance of getting a ticket on your next box once you have opened so many boxes, but you do have a better chance of getting a ticket after opening many boxes.

I have not got mine yet, and I do not feel entitled to it, but I hope I get one this month! On another note, I have got 2 holographic wing drops 0.o

in Dragon Bash

TastyMuskrat.3794

Update: Soooo tried for a second ticket; only took 400 chests. RNG is weird.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

took me over 700 coffers for my first ticket. I was so happy xD

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SafeFatNoob.3156

SafeFatNoob.3156

kitten , I guess they were rare. I got mine on my 4th normal coffer.

I’m safe. I’m fat. I’m a noob.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

Finally got my first one around my 2500th coffer

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Probaly around 200 chests that I got one today.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Angry Dutch.2439

Angry Dutch.2439

so far i got an event ticket in every previous event in an fairly reasonable time/ moneyframe. This event… went trough around 1500 regular chest and 60 euros in rich chests (yeah i know i have a problem) and nothing. last time for me that I try to go for one of these tickets.. wel done anet you just lost a customer that was actually willing to spend money besides the initial purchase..

There is no shame in fear of the dutchman.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Some people just can’t understand the concept of random.

Just because you really want one, doesn’t mean you will get one.

Its not that we don’t understand, its that we don’t approve. The system is wrong.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Dam! I did not get a skin either, now everyone will kill me in PVP =/. So unfair that they get a skin and it has made them so powerful! I can’t believe that these lucky people will have the edge over me now in pve as well! /s

When compared to high quality MMO’s such as Eve Online and Guild Wars 1 and hell, even to Runescape, I have to say it’s a lot worse here. Mainly because of how low the “Rich” box scam is.
Of course what we have here isn’t as bad as what you have in a random, “free to play” trash, but I sort of expected Guild Wars 2 to be very far above those. Quess I was wrong.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

When compared to high quality MMO’s such as Eve Online and Guild Wars 1 and hell, even to Runescape, I have to say it’s a lot worse here. Mainly because of how low the “Rich” box scam is.
Of course what we have here isn’t as bad as what you have in a random, “free to play” trash, but I sort of expected Guild Wars 2 to be very far above those. Quess I was wrong.

Do-not-buy-the-rich-boxes.
I just solved your problem.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: xHDSpliT.7693

xHDSpliT.7693

Around 3200 coffers, 0 tickets so far

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

On what planet, the only skins that are 100g + are the scythe, shield and gs from the Halloween event. That’s 3 skins, not most rare skins. Only one of those is above 300g.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War