Anybody able to access the EotM map?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Kinda funny how PVE content works just fine, but wvw content comes out broken.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

Kinda funny how PVE content works just fine, but wvw content comes out broken.

Kinda funny when people drop it, not realy.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: moonboy.1069

moonboy.1069

Kinda funny when People kitten about stuff instead of working towards Finding a solution.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Killdeer.7391

Killdeer.7391

No one have claimed that it is a Denial of Service attack. Only that it is basically working the same way as one.

They can’t give a timeframe since they don’t know.
If they knew, they would have told us. And if they give a time-frame now and they don’t manage to fix it within that time all hell will break loose.

Thank you, but I am playing the game and checking on this in between. I missed the post by a person from Anet. now if you feel that I am being negative, you are not reading what I am saying. I know people are working hard. I am just a person that is used to giving updates while working. So sort of expect it from others. Still looking forward to seeing EotM

in The Edge of the Mists

Sages.3496

Everyone who is currently crying about EoTM being down should either stop or go play world of warcraft.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Everyone stop raging about The Edge of the Mists map being down, you dont know how hard anet is truely working on it and should give them credit for even trying. they do not have to do so at all. it will be up when it is up, stop crying about it.

And yet in my profession, no matter “how hard you try”, at the end of the day if you have a bad outcome that was entirely preventable on your part, you are usually on the receiving end of a 6-7 figure lawsuit.

We are paying consumers of a product for which we should expect working and functional content on the stated date of release, especially if significant time was specifically allocated for “extensive testing”. The release success rate of these pieces of content are unacceptably low, usually also cause high degrees of collateral damage to other aspects of the game, and simply represent rushed timelines in the interest of maximizing quarterly earnings.

I’m tired of being abused by company executives who are banking on this bizarre notion in gaming that completely unusable content is somehow acceptable as long as “it’s eventually fixed”.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in The Edge of the Mists

moonboy.1069

Amen Sages! They should if they wanna cry like kiddies they should Join the rest of the kids in WoW.

in The Edge of the Mists

Sages.3496

Everyone stop raging about The Edge of the Mists map being down, you dont know how hard anet is truely working on it and should give them credit for even trying. they do not have to do so at all. it will be up when it is up, stop crying about it.

And yet in my profession, no matter “how hard you try”, at the end of the day if you have a bad outcome that was entirely preventable on your part, you are usually on the receiving end of a 6-7 figure lawsuit.

We are consumers of a product who have paid, and continue to pay, hard-earned money for working and functional content. The release success rate of these pieces of content are unacceptably low, usually causing high degrees of collateral damage to other aspects of the game, and simply represent rushed timelines in the interest of maximizing quarterly earnings.

I’m tired of being abused by company executives who are banking on this bizarre notion in gaming that completely unusable content is somehow acceptable as long as “it’s eventually fixed”.

Look buddy, if you have a problem with it, fix it yourself or just let them do it as best they can. Anet has been hard at work on alot of content, they do not have to put out another living story and they could just shut down GW2 entirely if they felt like it.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

It’s not even WvW stuff, it is a kitten team deathmatch arena. Just with random players from everywhere. It is WvWvWvWvW(n) so to say.

Thank god this content was beta tested for monthes. Looks pretty on the screenshots.

in The Edge of the Mists

moonboy.1069

We are paying consumers of a product for which we should expect working and functional content on the stated date of release, especially if significant time was specifically allocated for “extensive testing”. The release success rate of these pieces of content are unacceptably low, usually also cause high degrees of collateral damage to other aspects of the game, and simply represent rushed timelines in the interest of maximizing quarterly earnings.

Wow bring up lawsuits over this crap. Please open your pc and stick a grenade in it.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Idunaz.5317

Idunaz.5317

So much hype over this, and it’s been live for how long now, yet no one can access it, and you can’t even let us know if you are doing anything to fix it?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Read the other thread? posted 32 mins ago

Just popping in to let y’all know we haven’t forgotten about you. The team is still hard at work fixing this problem. Again, sorry for any disruptions in your plans to play the new content today.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in The Edge of the Mists

Sages.3496

So much hype over this, and it’s been live for how long now, yet no one can access it, and you can’t even let us know if you are doing anything to fix it?

Dude… how can you miss a red tag.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: SingularityEclipse.4796

SingularityEclipse.4796

I counted 4 dev responses in this thread as I read through to this point. Were you expecting them to bring chocolates to your doorstep and apologize?

in The Edge of the Mists

moonboy.1069

If you don’t read the forum please don’t post, don’t be a kitten.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

There’s been at least 3 (maybe more by now) red tag responses to this.

WTB a little bit of patience and common sense to distribute amongst the community

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Omg how many hours do you need for this? Why did u even release that broken stuff?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hey guys (and gals), no need to jump all over Idunaz for not seeing the posts. I know we’d all love it if everybody could read every post on the forum, but that’s not entirely possible. If somebody pops in and hasn’t seen the post(s), feel free to direct them towards it or quote it, but there’s no call for being rude to somebody because they may have missed it.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Just popping in to let y’all know we haven’t forgotten about you. The team is still hard at work fixing this problem. Again, sorry for any disruptions in your plans to play the new content today.

Maybe they should test it before?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Or maybe you should actually read the announcement?

“This downtime is needed because some issues can only be observed and verified in a live environment.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

They did test it. Their testing cannot however account for what happens on the live servers where thousands of players all try and access the content at once.

Three days ago they released a statement saying that EoTM would be down for around 2 hours after the patch was released so they could ensure that it would be ok. And obviously it wasn’t ok so now they’re having to work on it more. That doesn’t sound unreasonable to me.

For people saying they should have a public testing server – no thanks, you just get everyone trying to play in the testing server so they can experience new content first which means nobody is actually playing the current content and the game sort of dies as a result.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Anet is just following the 2014 general guidelines to being a good game developer: take inordinate amounts of time to supposedly “test” something then release said content in a state that is so broken it not only prevents people from accessing it, but spills over into the entirety of the game by, for example, preventing them from even logging into the game in general.

That’s been every game since like… Nintendo 64.

in The Edge of the Mists

Sages.3496

They did test it. Their testing cannot however account for what happens on the live servers where thousands of players all try and access the content at once.

Three days ago they released a statement saying that EoTM would be down for around 2 hours after the patch was released so they could ensure that it would be ok. And obviously it wasn’t ok so now they’re having to work on it more. That doesn’t sound unreasonable to me.

For people saying they should have a public testing server – no thanks, you just get everyone trying to play in the testing server so they can experience new content first which means nobody is actually playing the current content and the game sort of dies as a result.

This dude needs to work for anet, im not kidding either, fox you get a huge thumbs up from me for posting that.

in The Edge of the Mists

moonboy.1069

Great job Fox, you nailed the point well. now people need to be more like you.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

We are consumers of a product who have paid, and continue to pay, hard-earned money for working and functional content. The release success rate of these pieces of content are unacceptably low, usually causing high degrees of collateral damage to other aspects of the game, and simply represent rushed timelines in the interest of maximizing quarterly earnings.

Look buddy, if you have a problem with it, fix it yourself or just let them do it as best they can. Anet has been hard at work on alot of content, they do not have to put out another living story and they could just shut down GW2 entirely if they felt like it.

Fix it myself? Are you unaware as to how a basic economy is designed to function?

Let me clarify. I don’t care how hard they work, I care about results. I work 8-12 hour workdays with periodic 20-30 hour overnight calls for which I am paid to do my job well and obtain good results. Working hard is a basic prerequisite to obtaining consistently good results, not the end metric by which I am assessed. I then use this money that I earn in part to pay Anet with the expectation that they will do their job well.

The 2nd half of this agreement is consistently failing. This is not an isolated incident, it is yet another chain in a repeat of incidents that has happened with every major content update, since and including, release.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

We know this to be untrue because plenty of MMOs have a testing server that manages to avoid killing off their audience on the live content. I’m fine with the down time on EotM – we were warned about it prior to the launch and problems were unforeseen. I still think there is merit in the argument that more robust testing prior to today would have been beneficial. Perhaps they could have had an open beta weekend of EotM a week or two ago where EotM could temporarily be available for everyone to try out. Testing in a live environment before the official launch. It would lower expectations of players (the LFG tool is still in beta btw) and it would avoid patch day disappointments and awkward unresolved story progression.

in The Edge of the Mists

Sages.3496

Fix it myself? Are you unaware as to how a basic economy is designed to function?

Let me clarify. I don’t care how hard they work, I care about results. I work 8-12 hour workdays with periodic 20-30 hour overnight calls for which I am paid to do my job well and obtain good results. Working hard is a basic prerequisite to obtaining consistently good results, not the end metric by which I am assessed. I then use this money that I earn in part to pay Anet with the expectation that they will do their job well.

The 2nd half of this agreement is consistently failing. This is not an isolated incident, it is yet another chain in a repeat of incidents that has happened with every major content update, since and including, release.

Take over anet and try to do better or dont bother with another post. you are not helping anything here and need to see how anet is doing their best, do not expect them to be able to fix it in ten seconds.

in The Edge of the Mists

FlamingFoxx.1305

We know this to be untrue because plenty of MMOs have a testing server that manages to avoid killing off their audience on the live content. I’m fine with the down time on EotM – we were warned about it prior to the launch and problems were unforeseen. I still think there is merit in the argument that more robust testing prior to today would have been beneficial. Perhaps they could have had an open beta weekend of EotM a week or two ago where EotM could temporarily be available for everyone to try out. Testing in a live environment before the official launch. It would lower expectations of players (the LFG tool is still in beta btw) and it would avoid patch day disappointments and awkward unresolved story progression.

Having played other MMO’s with public testing servers I have to respectfully disagree, but you are of course entitled to that opinion.

The problem with having an open beta test weekend of EoTM is that the exact same thing would have happened. It wouldn’t have worked properly and then people would have complained about it not working and Anet not doing their job – regardless of the beta tag. We’ve seen examples of this constantly with how much people complain about things that are being tested “LFG tool” and even things that haven’t been released yet.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Dark Magi.8947

Dark Magi.8947

A wise programing teacher at my college once said “Do as i say, not as I do.” In this sense he was referring to not copy and paste code.

IN OTHER WORDS…. i think some one forgot a semi collon

;

in The Edge of the Mists

moonboy.1069

A wise programing teacher at my college once said “Do as i say, not as I do.” In this sense he was referring to not copy and paste code.

;

Nice, the funny stuff like this really lightens the mood.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Oh hey a new build. hopefully that means it’ll be up now. Thanks Devs for the hard work. It sucks that it didn’t work when it launched, but thanks for working on it since then.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Dark Magi.8947

Dark Magi.8947

;

Nice, the funny stuff like this really lightens the mood.

haha thought some one would like this :P

always remember that ;

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

Woop, new build. Fingers crossed (by the way, it’s 1.53, dunno what time it is over there but hell, dedication to the job Anet. <3)

No one hears you.

in The Edge of the Mists

FlamingFoxx.1305

Woop, new build. Fingers crossed (by the way, it’s 1.53, dunno what time it is over there but hell, dedication to the job Anet. <3)

Ahh -clings to fellow NZ player- <3

But yeah, great dedication Anet.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

- Fixed a bug that allowed too many players into a single Edge of the Mists map.

in The Edge of the Mists

FlamingFoxx.1305

It still seems to be not working unfortunately. Getting the same error message, and I don’t think the server has forced a restart (players are still sitting there so presumably haven’t had to relog). Maybe we have to wait a minute or two for the update to go live?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Ahh -clings to fellow NZ player- <3

But yeah, great dedication Anet.

its about 5pm as of my posting, but I’m sure they will have guys working late tonight just to see what else pops up.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in The Edge of the Mists

Arkvan.3561

Not from New Zealand, actually, but the Netherlands. Only half a world and 12 hours away. But yeah, still, fingers crossed.

No one hears you.

in The Edge of the Mists

FlamingFoxx.1305

Not from New Zealand, actually, but the Netherlands. Only half a world and 12 hours away. But yeah, still, fingers crossed.

Oh >.>, well, HI from the other side of the world then.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

- Fixed a bug that allowed too many players into a single Edge of the Mists map.

When it was first released, I was in a GIGANTIC zerg! 100+easily….

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Idunaz.5317

Idunaz.5317

Another patch, and it still doesn’t work

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hey all. I know you’ve all seen the new build, but the team hasn’t opened up the map just yet. I will update here when it’s been opened up. Just a little more patience, please

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zim Vasquez.2364

Zim Vasquez.2364

Game is updating. Sooo…maybe its fixed?

Just kidding. Listen to the CSO ^

in The Edge of the Mists

Arkvan.3561

Relax guys, you’re getting “Your game will restart in X minutes.” messages. That means the patch isn’t going live until that restart – which will push you offline and force-start a new download, most likely. So no, the new patch isn’t online yet.

And yes, hello from the other side of the world! How’s the weather over there?

No one hears you.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

Hey all. I know you’ve all seen the new build, but the team hasn’t opened up the map just yet. I will update here when it’s been opened up. Just a little more patience, please

Nope, open it now. Pl0x!! :P

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Ah, that’s reassuring. Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed that most things will be working.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I used to believe in Santa Claus. It was even snowing today.
But all I got were broken toys.

Sniff.

I wanted to believe but no EOTM.
Maybe Santa will be make up for it with new ranger skills.

in The Edge of the Mists

Sages.3496

Nope, open it now. Pl0x!! :P

Leave the forums… just leave… please to save everyone the trouble of having to read this.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Thanks for that. I was genuinely confused by this in my eagerness to see the new content.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rodane.1062

Rodane.1062

Just to let you know death you are not paying them monthly so therefor they do not owe you anything but your account you play on you decided to put money in the gem store they did not tell you too. Also by the box price and everything on that’s stated on the box you got what you paid for… If you don’t like it go play another game… Or better yet stop supporting Anet by paying for gems with your “hard earned” money until the results they come up with you are happy with…

(edited by Rodane.1062)