Forced into even more WvW that I despise

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Dont see the problem since you can atm make 6 rank 5 toon pretty quickly. Now after WvW ranks combine then it will be a problem for the lazy.

Also the amount of gold you waste depending on your luck equals that the amount of a legendary so you can just buy it probably for alot more cheaper than making it.

Can you point out where the devs have said they are going to add all the ranks together, and not just use the highest rank like they did for fractals?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/

You might want to read it again. They aren’t adding ranks together. They are adding the points together. Thus, you would be better off just using your main level 80 with good gear and masteries to get rank points easier. Yw

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Dont see the problem since you can atm make 6 rank 5 toon pretty quickly. Now after WvW ranks combine then it will be a problem for the lazy.

Also the amount of gold you waste depending on your luck equals that the amount of a legendary so you can just buy it probably for alot more cheaper than making it.

Can you point out where the devs have said they are going to add all the ranks together, and not just use the highest rank like they did for fractals?

You might want to read it again. They aren’t adding ranks together. They are adding the points together. Thus, you would be better off just using your main level 80 with good gear and masteries to get rank points easier. Yw

With all of this in mind, the system is receiving the following changes:
All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.
The sum of those points will determine the world rank and World Ability Points available to each character on the account.
World Ability Points can be allocated differently on each character; you are not creating a single, account-based, version of your characters.

> All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.

I highlighted it for you. No need to thank me.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: pyxell.4907

pyxell.4907

I am so tired of being forced to PAY for WvW and PvP. I bought this game because it was MMORPG …RPG!!!!!!!!!!!!! without PVE this content would not be available for PVP and WvW…there wouldn’t be enough money. ANET..please please stop the madness. People are leaving the game in droves.

Vile Nightshade 80 Necromancer
Scarlet Fairwood 80 Ranger
I intend to live forever! So far, so good!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

The problem with mixing long PvE achievements into WvW is they rarely add fun to the process.

There are a lot of people who have fun exploring the PvE map find themselves frustrated spending eight hours a day staring at that last POI inside a WvW keep and there’s nothing they can do about it.

Speaking as a total “carebear” myself. I dread the memory of the 3 days I spent farming badges in WvW for a legendary more than I dread the memory of the 11 twelve-hour days I spent farming cupcakes off vaettirs in GW1. (I was in college at the time.)

The funny thing is, I actually enjoy WvW from time to time. When I’m out there without a goal I have fun. When I was farming badges, however, I despised every bag of loot that did not add to my progress. I hated every supply run my server’s zerg did away from the fighting.

I just like to make progress on my own terms, so sue me.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Destram.8651

Destram.8651

People keep pointing out “hurr just buy the levels it’s only laurels”.

Yeah, the laurels aren’t the problem, it’s the fact each level also costs 50 BoH. If you’ve already made a couple of legendaries then you’re going to be pretty strapped on BoH, even with the ones from achievement chests.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

Yeah, the laurels aren’t the problem, it’s the fact each level also costs 50 BoH. If you’ve already made a couple of legendaries then you’re going to be pretty strapped on BoH, even with the ones from achievement chests.

ohnoes making your 3rd legendary is hard……..

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Destram.8651

Destram.8651

ohnoes making your 3rd legendary is hard……..

Yeah, it is now that i have to grind another week for these stupid levels i couldn’t care less about without any forewarning on Anet’s part.

I’m just so sick and tired of every patch containing at least 5 stealth nerfs/fixes for things and no mention of them what so ever, even after they stated they want to be more clear with the community.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Chabo.7498

Chabo.7498

After months of seeing WvW players complain about doing PvE content, it’s kinda funny seeing it the other way around.

Just suck it up, it’s 30 levels and if you’re not willing to play a small amount of something other than living story and dungeons to create the end-game legendaries then you don’t deserve anything.

Roaming/Raid Mesmer

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

I actually do not understand why should I set foot in PvE to get my legendary: they should give different legendary weapons for different areas of the game.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I was really starting to think about getting a Legendry. Now with this being added it’s just going to take even longer and push the prices up on the TP. Now I’ll just stay the hell away from them unless I win the lotto and just buy gold from the gem store.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

You are not ‘forced’ into anything, OP; therefore, your use of such word is dubious, if not laughable, at best.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

It’s not quite that easy. Even with the pooled wxp, those first few ranks require much less to advance than the later ones.

10k wxp needed for Rank 5
10k x 6 = 60k (from six characters)

110k wxp needed for Rank 30
110k wxp needed – 60k earned = 50k short

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

The sum of those points will determine the world rank and World Ability Points available to each character on the account.
World Ability Points can be allocated differently on each character; you are not creating a single, account-based, version of your characters.

Highlight it all you want, you are still misunderstanding how it will work.

The first 3 world ranks only require 1000 wxp, rank 4 requires 2000 and each rank after requires 5000.

Now lets take the premise of 5 rank 5 characters. The total wxp would be 10,000 wxp per character for a total of 50,000 wxp. 50,000 wxp (The single pool the blog referred too) does not equal rank 25 (5 characters x 5 world ranks). 3000 to get rank 3, 5000 total to get rank 4 and 5000 more gets you rank 5 for a total of 10000 wxp. 50000 – 10000 = 40000. 40000 / 5000 = 8. Your new total rank will be 13.

Here’s a link to Devon explaining it
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Account-bound-WXP-1/3281914

(edited by XarOneZeroNine.2374)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Ahahaha, amazing.

“I want to have my awesome reward that you get for mastering all aspects of the game without mastering all aspects of the game.”

If you only like part of the game, Legendaries aren’t for you. Or just grind the gold and buy one.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Ahahaha, amazing.

“I want to have my awesome reward that you get for mastering all aspects of the game without mastering all aspects of the game.”

If you only like part of the game, Legendaries aren’t for you. Or just grind the gold and buy one.

I don’t mind jumping through hoops to get things. What I do mind is when they keep adding hoops.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

30 WvW Ranks is peanuts

exactly, you would likely get a good chunk of these just doing map completion in WvW. the new EotM map gives more BoHs now too in the chests after caping a tower/keep.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

They should just take the item that requires you to complete the game in pve and make it an optional item towards the legendary. Then make it so you can either complete all the pve content, get to a certain massive level in WvW, or get to massive lvl in PvP(or something balanced like that compared to completing all pve content). The item you get for completing either of those 3 being interchangeable in the recipe. That way whatever you do specifically in the game can benefit you for your legendary without forcing you to do a huge portion of the game you shouldn’t have to (depending on your preference).

(I realise there’s still a lot of pve content either way but lets be fair, your not gonna be able to find enough stuff in wvw or pvp to make this balanced. Pretty much anything you do in pvp or wvw is everything you can do, you don’t have enough variety to keep it balanced)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

30 WvW Ranks is peanuts

exactly, you would likely get a good chunk of these just doing map completion in WvW. the new EotM map gives more BoHs now too in the chests after caping a tower/keep.

Map Completion in WvW won’t get you many of these levels, actually.

Still hovering around the 10-12 rank mark. Unless you run with the zerg, going around the map solo doesn’t grant you much in world xp.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

They should just take the item that requires you to complete the game in pve and make it an optional item towards the legendary. Then make it so you can either complete all the pve content, get to a certain massive level in WvW, or get to massive lvl in PvP(or something balanced like that compared to completing all pve content). The item you get for completing either of those 3 being interchangeable in the recipe. That way whatever you do specifically in the game can benefit you for your legendary without forcing you to do a huge portion of the game you shouldn’t have to (depending on your preference).

(I realise there’s still a lot of pve content either way but lets be fair, your not gonna be able to find enough stuff in wvw or pvp to make this balanced. Pretty much anything you do in pvp or wvw is everything you can do, you don’t have enough variety to keep it balanced)

And while they’re at it, make the Gift of Fortune optional too. And the precursor! Cause those are just SO much effort, man. It’s almost like they don’t want everyone to have a full collection of legendaries. Which is extremely repressive of my gaming experience.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

And while they’re at it, make the Gift of Fortune optional too. And the precursor! Cause those are just SO much effort, man. It’s almost like they don’t want everyone to have a full collection of legendaries. Which is extremely repressive of my gaming experience.

Why the sarcasm? Slightly over the top don’t you think. Im talking about taking the biggest pve element and replacing it with either wvw or pvp to satisfy people that do those things specifically.

you sir, are a kitten

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Why the sarcasm? Slightly over the top don’t you think. Im talking about taking the biggest pve element and replacing it with either wvw or pvp to satisfy people that do those things specifically.

you sir, are a kitten

mhmm.

You’re talking about taking two requirements and replacing them with one.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It’s called Legendary for a reason. It’s supposed to be only wielded by those that have succeeded in many aspects of the game, not just one. If you could get it by grinding COF I’d be kittened. There’s a reason why more people don’t have them. They’re expensive sure, but also require you to accomplish things. Gasp…you mean I have to earn it? Yep.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

It’s called Legendary for a reason. It’s supposed to be only wielded by those that have succeeded in many aspects of the game, not just one. If you could get it by grinding COF I’d be kittened. There’s a reason why more people don’t have them. They’re expensive sure, but also require you to accomplish things. Gasp…you mean I have to earn it? Yep.

legendary’s stopped being legendary the day they became sellable on the TP. these days it means, hey im the one that keeps the prices high on the TP so everyone else has to buy their items for more money. if you want to prove anything in this game its mini liadri. even most titles barely have any meaning.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

If only we had PK zones. I remember doing that in Rift and causing much grief ;x

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I really enjoyed finishing off pve-ers in eotm

They stand out like sore thumbs

Anything that says “Invader” is easy loot ty Anet

Except when I have over 100 ranks across all my toons and take one of my recently level 80 toons in there. Really fun watching someone think they are about to get an easy kill drop for me to spike ’em. heh

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in The Edge of the Mists

Medazolam.3058

30 WvW Ranks is peanuts

Map Completion in WvW won’t get you many of these levels, actually.

Still hovering around the 10-12 rank mark. Unless you run with the zerg, going around the map solo doesn’t grant you much in world xp.

I made the silly assumption you actually helped take the towers/keep you needed for map competition, then it will def help get you levels. Also remember that levels 1-5 require less WXP if I recall correctly. However that being said, yes if you just wait for the tower to be taken by other people and not help at all anywhere at anytime, yes it is going to take you a longer time, as it should, since you are putting in much less effort.

EDIT: by a good chunk, about 20-30% of them levels fits my good chunk definition

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I guess I should be glad I randomly bought two Gifts of Battle ages ago with all the BoH I got from achievements. I don’t have any real interest in any of the Legendaries, but I don’t have any interest in WvW either, so no use for BoH.

I actually regretted it at the time, but it looks like it worked out just fine.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Arkanaloth.3059

Arkanaloth.3059

In order to get the Gift of Battle, you need 500 Badges of Honor. And now, on top of that, you need 30 WvW Rank.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

edit: just saw it in the patch notes… I’m out, have fun y’all but I’m out.

(edited by Arkanaloth.3059)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

In order to get the Gift of Battle, you need 500 Badges of Honor. And now, on top of that, you need 30 WvW Rank.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

SURPRISE! Gotta WvW to get WvW rewards, I know.

Take care and have fun!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Arkanaloth.3059

Arkanaloth.3059

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

SURPRISE! Gotta WvW to get WvW rewards, I know.

Take care and have fun!

For the record I got my gift of battle months ago.. but I know quite a few friends who didn’t and I don’t see them playing GW2 much longer with THIS little tid bit of information dropped in their laps.

so yeah… time to go.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

You can buy ranks with laurels and badges, both can be obtained thru pve, just sayin.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in The Edge of the Mists

PookieDaWombat.6209

Interestingly enough, my problem with this isn’t the req for getting to rank 30, because its not that hard and really it makes sense to have to do it for the gift of battle, especially before when you had to WvW to even get the badges (which no one was complaining about before, so its just the people that got 10000000 badges from chests that are complaining). The problem i have with this is that those people that are complaining are the LAST ones I’d want taking up queue space in WvW maps since they don’t really want to be there and will detract from overall WvW play.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Ahahaha, amazing.

I don’t mind jumping through hoops to get things. What I do mind is when they keep adding hoops.

They didnt add a hoop. They removed a hoop when they added BoH to achievement chest, and now they added the rank30 requirement.
Lets not even start with how much easier WvW map completion has become now with rotation of colours in comparison to before. Or how getting badges is much easier as there are more sources now then there ever were.

If anything, getting the WvW part of the Legendary weapon is much easier. The only time it was easier was in the period between making BoH redundant and now when they added in the rank requirement.

Its still a great deal less effort then PvE, something we’re all forced to do aswell. Map completion, dungeons, farming gold and ingredients.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Oh no, a mere fraction of the content this game offers doesn’t suit my personal tastes! What an outrage!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

They should require everyone to have their Dungeon Master titles before being able to purchase their respective dungeon gift.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

you can always pay 60 laurels to the wvw merchant huehuehue

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You might want to read it again. They aren’t adding ranks together. They are adding the points together. Thus, you would be better off just using your main level 80 with good gear and masteries to get rank points easier. Yw ;)

Highlight it all you want, you are still misunderstanding how it will work.

The first 3 world ranks only require 1000 wxp, rank 4 requires 2000 and each rank after requires 5000.

Now lets take the premise of 5 rank 5 characters. The total wxp would be 10,000 wxp per character for a total of 50,000 wxp. 50,000 wxp (The single pool the blog referred too) does not equal rank 25 (5 characters x 5 world ranks). 3000 to get rank 3, 5000 total to get rank 4 and 5000 more gets you rank 5 for a total of 10000 wxp. 50000 – 10000 = 40000. 40000 / 5000 = 8. Your new total rank will be 13.

Here’s a link to Devon explaining it
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Account-bound-WXP-1/3281914

I get it now, but it really doesn’t matter to me anyway, I have enough WXP across all my characters to skip straight to rank 300+ after pooling. :)

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

The problem here is that I don’t think ANYBODY wants people who don’t like WvW playing WvW. The PvE players don’t want to be there because they don’t enjoy it, and the WvW players don’t want them there because they take spots from people who actually want to participate in helpful ways instead of merely doing whatever will serve their personal ends the quickest (see Season 1 achievements). If the goal is to increase WvW participation, try adding to and diversifying the experience to make more people WANT to go there rather than trying to force them into it. EotM is at least an attempt at the latter, and it remains to be seen how successful it will be, but bringing out the stick before you’ve even seen whether the carrot works is a bit silly.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

exactly, you would likely get a good chunk of these just doing map completion in WvW. ….

I got ZERO ranks from map completion in WvW.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Skosh.1483

Skosh.1483

how about this pve stuff in WvW? what about the people that play the game just for wvw and we have to do pve in stuff in the area we enjoy the most but yet Anet keeps throwing that in on us. Like someone said above you have to do WvW for map completion in order to even get your legendary. Level 30 is nothing that would take u a few days at most.

Warrior/Ele/Necro – DR

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Sasuke.2573

Sasuke.2573

WvW-Ranks can be bought with laurels, wich you can acquire via pve, and badges of honor, wich you can find in achievement-chests. So you arent forced to play any WvW.

I think the change was good, since only the badges of honor where far to easy to get through the achievement-chests.

(edited by Sasuke.2573)

in The Edge of the Mists

PookieDaWombat.6209

exactly, you would likely get a good chunk of these just doing map completion in WvW. ….

Did you just run into towers and keeps your server already owned or did you help it getting those objectives?

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

in The Edge of the Mists

Medazolam.3058

Well neither did I cause did it before WXP existed.

That said, yeah. my bad. I should have clarified that you actually needed to participate or help in even the tiniest fashion to get the WXP from capping towers/keeps etc. Dont even have to fight a real person, PvD works. If you didn’t actually do anything, then why would you expect WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Lol. Please read it and understand it again, the part you yourself bolded for some apparent reason. “All World XP will be brought into one single pool”. Exactly. XP. Not ranks. Those little numbers that add up to rank you up is what’s going to be pooled together. Not the actual rank numbers. So like what was suggested earlier “just creating alts and leveling them up to 5 real quick so that your ranks get put together into one”. That does not work.

(edited by Moderator)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

So, now not only do we need Badges of Honor from WvW for a Legendary, but we also have to have a certain WvW rank for it? Why not just add PvP Rank in there too?

I get some people like WvW, but there is NOTHING fun about it in my eyes. I refused to care about Legendaries initially because of the need of Badges of Honor, but the achievement chest made that easier. Luckily I got my Gift of Battle long before this change, but now we’re dragging people into content they don’t want to be a part of even more than before.

lol u mad

Are you Shpongled?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Getting a legendary involves mastery of the entire game, not just PvE. Rank 30 takes a day to get, and even less with a Birthday Booster.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I’d like to chime in (as has hopefully already been mentioned):
You do NOT have to play WvW at all.
You can easily get enough Badges of Honor for a Legendary by completing achievements.

Moreover, there’s only THREE achievements for Edge of the Mists.
Only one (Raiders of the Lost Parts) requires you to put yourself in harm’s way.
And the “chests” for those achievements contain WvW XP.
So if you don’t want to do WvW… Then don’t bother with helping fix Taimi’s Golem.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

Ahahaha, amazing.

I totally forgot about the whole gold/Trading Post thing!
So yeah, there’s definitely an avenue in place to get legendary weps without even a single badge of honor or setting foot into wvw. Talking about being forced into something is rather disingenuous.

Personally I think it’s cool legendaries incorporate multiple aspects of the game.

(edited by Finale.5281)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

And having to do dungeons is fun for people who hate dungeons?

Do you even realise how hypocritical and self-centred you sound?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

by the time u can buy a legendary u should have so much badges from achievement chests that this should never be a problem and rank 30 doesn’t really take that long. if you just want it as fast as possible follow the zerg with a theif and spam choking gas.