Why do PvE - players complain...

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I just want to get from A to B and do what i am there to do without some killshot warrior or backstab thief popping out of their hideyhole and instakill me, because they find ganking an aphrodisiac and confirmation of their online alpha male status.

That is why i wrote off ever getting a legendary as long as world completion involves WVW maps.

Just about the only thing i have used WVW for recently was to transfer daily key pieces between an alt in the camp and and alt next to the tower chest before it tumbled.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I don’t mind having to go to EotM to do LW stuff, so long as it’s impossible for opposing players to kill me. If it’s possible for opposing players to kill me while I’m trying to clear LW stuff, then I’m flipping the kittening table. I do not like PvP, I do not want to PvP, and I greatly resent any systems they put in that would shove me into PvP situations.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

As for getting the POI for whatever reason, Legendary, exploration, etc… I thought it would be tough too, especially playing on a lowest tier server. It just took a little more time and planning. Each borderland will generally have most of your home points open most of the time and getting the others just requires you to keep your eye on the map and either run with the zergs or hit the easy soloable points when you can. Even the central keep in EB was in our server’s possession enough for me to get everything there. Now, getting the gold for the pre-cursor, that’s another whole ballgame…

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

wow that was a lot of assumptions on why pve’ers do something or not.
Speaking as one of the PvE’ers (and naturally many other pve’ers will have different reasons.)
I play PvE because of the Environment… I enjoy being able to stop and read a book in the game. or look at a beautifully rendered landscape. I enjoy being able to walk away from my PC to take care of real world things.
Not that I’m that happy about a JP but I can do them and fairly often I will go to one and perhaps leave part of it while I go to the bathroom. I like to be able to enter a conversation with an NPC or a player.

All of those things can be had in a PVE world while in a pvp (and wvw counts as that) I can’t.
My JP would likely be stopped by a misguided youth who thinks they really are the king if they can bring grief to someone just doing a JP. If I stop to have a conversation I will likely be interrupted by some daggers in my back.

So no…… at least for me… notions of how long ques are to get in a wvw has never occurred to me. Didn’t even know there was one….
But I can immediately see that I likely can’t stand around and look at an interesting design schematics left by Scarlet in a table in peace. Hence No interest in such a part of the LS

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Most of them just don’t like the idea that other players can kill them. Yes things attack and kill you in PvE too but they’re usually a lot easier to beat and not as persistent.

Why do pve players whine about LW in EoTM – fist of all there are now queues so you can get in anytime you want – no more “I can’t adjust it to my playtime” arguments. There are no server specifications so even low-pop servers gain same amount of people as T1 servers do. You are not restricted to playing alone. The only difference is that there are more hostile creatures – be it Legendary Bosses or players.

The two things that make PVE players complain about PVE:

1. PVE players basically have a sort of combination of fear, anxiety, and anger at competition and the idea of other players being able to kill them.

2. In GW2, the mechanics of NPCs are extremely easy to predict and avoid. This makes it hard for PVE players to go into PvP where they are just taking advantage of some poorly designed NPC that simply requires them to dodge at the right moment every few seconds.

this is what happens when good PvE players go into wvw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCaEGzBkEuo

seriously, scripted AI is better than 99% of the wvw and pvp players.

I see one average player fighting 2 uplvls, a fresh 80 thief, and a subpar 80 thief who actually has some food.

Congrats

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I see one average player fighting 2 uplvls, a fresh 80 thief, and a subpar 80 thief who actually has some food.

Congrats

Do you have any clips showing decent fights in wvw? Something that doesn’t involve condition bunkers.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Nice video. Though it doesn’t prove much other than that Necros are pretty powerful in WvW. The only down side to playing one is the lack of ability to escape when the zerg runs up on you.

I knew that was going to happen!
If he had posted that with a Ranger, it’d have been an outlier, right? Or lagging/stupid/bad enemies? Or maybe he was lying and actually had months of experience?

Yes, it’s anecdotal evidence. But the point stands, PvE is more difficult than most players you face in sPvP and WvW, not less so. That’s because players on average are absolutely terrible.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nice video. Though it doesn’t prove much other than that Necros are pretty powerful in WvW. The only down side to playing one is the lack of ability to escape when the zerg runs up on you.

I knew that was going to happen!
If he had posted that with a Ranger, it’d have been an outlier, right? Or lagging/stupid/bad enemies? Or maybe he was lying and actually had months of experience?

No, it would end with a cry that Rangers are OP and need to get nerfed fast.
It actually happened exactly like that before – more than once.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Darnacus.5961

Darnacus.5961

What I don’t get it – if PVE-only player are sooo uber in WvW, why are they complaining about going in WvW for LS in the first place ?

BTW, you all paid for the full package, I encourage everyone to play all three modes, it’s fun and way less repetitive

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What I don’t get it – if PVE-only player are sooo uber in WvW, why are they complaining about going in WvW for LS in the first place ?

BTW, you all paid for the full package, I encourage everyone to play all three modes, it’s fun and way less repetitive

Yeah that’s what I don’t get, either. The game isn’t just PvE (or sPvP, or WvW), and nowhere on the box does it tell you that you need to “decide”. How people can honestly expect ANet to not develop content for all three modes is beyond me.
It’d be rather unfair if LS didn’t touch WvW, tbh. Actually, it does so far too little, with the invasion I wanted her to be able to hit WvW stuff with it. :X
And it should in some way affect PvP too, though I’m not too sure how.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in The Edge of the Mists

haviz.1340

Generalizations. People complaining about going to wvw are different than people who don’t mind it yet both of those groups might be mostly pve.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Adian.8756

Adian.8756

Congrats

Do you have any clips showing decent fights in wvw? Something that doesn’t involve condition bunkers.

Will this do?

Lyann Vail | 80 Mesmer
Aurora Glade [EU] | Leader of ‘The New Reality [NR]’
WvW Beast!

in The Edge of the Mists

haviz.1340

Do you have something faster than 6 minutes action packed clips?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

How people can honestly expect ANet to not develop content for all three modes is beyond me.

I don’t think that’s the case.
I can’t honestly believe that folks are out right saying “don’t develop anything else for (insert game mode).” but more like “why should I play this mode if I don’t like the idea of it?”

ANet is going to try and persuade/lure folks from all three camps to try everything.
Their hopes will be to grow gamers who will be comfortable in each environment, but the reality clashes with those hopes. There are people who have tried the other game modes but don’t like them and go back to their camps.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Most of them just don’t like the idea that other players can kill them. Yes things attack and kill you in PvE too but they’re usually a lot easier to beat and not as persistent.

Why do pve players whine about LW in EoTM – fist of all there are now queues so you can get in anytime you want – no more “I can’t adjust it to my playtime” arguments. There are no server specifications so even low-pop servers gain same amount of people as T1 servers do. You are not restricted to playing alone. The only difference is that there are more hostile creatures – be it Legendary Bosses or players.

1. PVE players basically have a sort of combination of fear, anxiety, and anger at competition and the idea of other players being able to kill them.

2. In GW2, the mechanics of NPCs are extremely easy to predict and avoid. This makes it hard for PVE players to go into PvP where they are just taking advantage of some poorly designed NPC that simply requires them to dodge at the right moment every few seconds.

this is what happens when good PvE players go into wvw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCaEGzBkEuo

seriously, scripted AI is better than 99% of the wvw and pvp players.

so a video of a good player (pve) vs bad players (wvw,pve who knows) means what? If anything this shows that pve players should embrace this LS since they obviously can just come into EoTM and just beat up us wvw players.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

I think there are a lot of PvE:ers that have tried all modes of the game already. And i am quite sure that there are enough of them who just don´t enjoy PvP.
So please everyone stop requesting us to go into PvP, because we could possibly like it, even tho we have already figured out that we don´t.
Why don´t all the WvWers and PvPers come over to the PvE world and play there? It could be fun for you as well…..

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I think there are a lot of PvE:ers that have tried all modes of the game already. And i am quite sure that there are enough of them who just don´t enjoy PvP.
So please everyone stop requesting us to go into PvP, because we could possibly like it, even tho we have already figured out that we don´t.
Why don´t all the WvWers and PvPers come over to the PvE world and play there? It could be fun for you as well…..

uhmm we do all the time, where do you think our gold, equipment, and everything else come from? If we ever want to finish a LS achievement we go to pve, because we have to.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Which only gives further evidence that all three should be strong enough to stand on their own.
That way the hardcore players don’t feel left out, but the folks open to all three only benefit more and more.

I think that runs contrary to what ANet wants to do: find a way to mash all three together.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Why? Because they’re nothing more than walking loot bags.

Snow Crows [SC]

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You forgot 3. The average competent WvW player is a one-shotting machine that can’t be damaged, let alone downed.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

Now they know how PvPers feel with each update they put out and its all about PvE.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

have you seen the other threads where PvP people were going on about it? “LOL I GET TO SPAWN CAMP PPL TRYING TO DO STORY CONTENT AND KEEP THEM FROM DOIN IT IM SO PROWD”

Why would I want to play with that?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Congrats

Considering I’m a Ranger, only TB build

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

I just did my WvW world completion nacked and loaded up with blocks, teleports and haste skills, won’t lose anything if some griefer ganks me. I’d suggest doing the same if Pking becomes an issue with doing living story quests.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

Why do WvW players complain when something from PvE changes their game play? Think those yaks and gates are PvP? Much of the time spent there is playing the “environment”.

Anyway, the problem is always balance, and there is no perfectly fair way to do that with PvP and PvE. What’s more, it’s unlikely a game company can even consistently push content that satisfies both camps; one will always feel neglected or that their game is compromised.

The cycle never gets old, and while I’d agree PvE is overwhelming favored, I take a different approach: the WvW seasons and this EotM do not belong in the LS slot. I realize this is a huge amount of content, but far be it for me to suggest that this stuff is more like the team playing catch-up with a very stale WvW experience. It’s more like putting down PvE to go back and improve something that already needed the attention.

That’s when a lot of people feel bitter, when there’s only so much attention devs can give and they have to pick and choose where to put their time and resources. That sounds fair, but wait a minute, it was them that decided to run a 2-week drill. Did that really pay off?

I’d rather they go back to monthly updates. Flesh out each LS update, improve rewards and invest more, consistent updates into sorely neglected parts of the game. This two-week chapter stuff just doesn’t allow a balanced approach.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cutedge.3802

Cutedge.3802

It doesn’t make much sense to say say that one set of players are better than the other
because honestly it’s just 10% of the playerbase that knows how to play the game and the other 90% are like “eh whatever 1 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 4 1 1 1 1 1 6 1 1 1 1”

I’m in the 90% fwiw.

You can only try and dare to live

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Human beings favorite passtime is to complain about things. If you made a human omnipotent and gave him everything he ever wanted in the entire universe, he would still complain about something; probably how boring it is in such a theoretical situation.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

have you seen the other threads where PvP people were going on about it? “LOL I GET TO SPAWN CAMP PPL TRYING TO DO STORY CONTENT AND KEEP THEM FROM DOIN IT IM SO PROWD”

This, precisely. I don’t hate PvP. I hate PvPers. When I can enter a friendly PvP match with people I know, that’s great fun. When jeering strangers can prevent me from completing completely unrelated content, kitten them, and kitten the idiots who made it a requirement.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

This, precisely. I don’t hate PvP. I hate PvPers. When I can enter a friendly PvP match with people I know, that’s great fun. When jeering strangers can prevent me from completing completely unrelated content, kitten them, and kitten the idiots who made it a requirement.

I wish I could do this to people while ganking them. :P

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Desza.3028

Desza.3028

Is this really true—will there be no way to complete the Scarlet Living Story requirements in Edge of the Mists without going into a PvP area? If so, well, I just gotta say that absolutely sucks. I do NOT like PvP. I am a player who loves a good story—not a player who wants to get killed by rabid pvp’rs when I’m trying to complete a storyline. That’s like if you were reading a great book and a bunch of people all of a sudden beat you up because you wanted to turn the pages. If that’s truly the case, and I can’t complete this without it being PvE, this pretty much ends this storyline for me right here.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ergi.5201

Ergi.5201

Well, the Living Story had only three achievements, only one of which made you go into the map where the fighting was. After getting lost a few times and eaten by a zerg, I finally found the Golem Pieces unguarded, so I swiped them and ran like a kitten out of hell.

Of course I got lost again, ended up in some building, made a catapult which gave me a PvP achievent (YEAH ME!) and fired some gavel from it. Gods only know where it landed.

Left the building, ran into some people fighting, tried to help but got ROFLstomped and respawned by the Golem to hand in the pieces. All done.

Felt pretty good about myself, still, as I am a PvE player.

Ring of Fire – EU
Some must fight, so that all may be free.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

The reason PvE players complain about LS being in WvWvW is due to idiots camping and griefing. Myself I am happy to go into WvWvW, I dont mind it. However I do mind being killed over and over whilst trying to get part of the LS.

This happened before in Obsidian Sanctum where a bunch of idiots just stood at the top of the arena killing anyone who even came close.

If the boot was on the other foot and PVE players could grief WvWvW players in a PVE zone, I am certain that the WvWvW players would be on here complaining.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

The reason PvE players complain about LS being in WvWvW is due to idiots camping and griefing. Myself I am happy to go into WvWvW, I dont mind it. However I do mind being killed over and over whilst trying to get part of the LS.

This happened before in Obsidian Sanctum where a bunch of idiots just stood at the top of the arena killing anyone who even came close.

If the boot was on the other foot and PVE players could grief WvWvW players in a PVE zone, I am certain that the WvWvW players would be on here complaining.

This, and the fact that you now need to be lvl30 wvw rank in order to craft a legendary weapon. I think alot more people will be moving on to new games.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

To the original poster:

PvEers complain because in every… single… game where PvP is crossed over with PvE in any way the minority of jerks who PvP harass the majority of PvEers. We hate it, and those bullies- which is all they are in every sense of the juvenile term- drive us away from games which should have other wise been a release from real life stresses.

PvP and PvE should be completely separate in all aspects. Separate achievements, separate requirements for endgame gear, everything. The only way they should over lap is by allowing any character to participate in either gameplay style if they so choose. As it is now, this event grants way too many opportunities for the kitten PvPers to harass PvEers just because they can.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

I know a player who is anti-PvP because once she steps foot inside a PvP area, she basically has anxiety issues. She once said it affects her breathing, but I don’t know more than that. I once got her to play arenas in WoW a long time ago, which I think was her first actual PvP experience, but she only lasted around 10 games before quitting and saying she never wanted to do it again. We won a lot of the games even though we were severely undergeared (imagine blues vs exotics).

After finding out that world completion required PvP, she simply stopped logging in and hasn’t since then. She never asked for a refund or complained, she just uninstalled and walked away. She now saw the game as a PvP game and assumed that PvP would be forced on her in the future. For the record, she didn’t care about legendaries, she just wanted to explore the world.

Games seem to be forcing PvP more and more now, whereas it used to be clearly separated, like how PvE and PvP servers are. Even WoW is trying to force it.

There is only one game in existence where the PvP made you almost crap your pants even when there were only AI enemies around, and may have even accentuated anxiety problems.

Love it or hate it, that game was Runescape BACK IN THE DAY (2001 up until the Wilderness got nerfed from a PvP area into another PVE area, cause casuals)

Where dying in the Wilderness would cost you all but 3 held items, or all held items if you had chosen to attack someone recently. Just wandering around would get your heart racing, let alone seeing another player and quickly checking their level/visible equipment, or if a fight went down.

The PvP had consequences, every other game with PvP technically has no risk, you respawn and go again. Experiencing anxiety in a game where the PvP has literally 0 risk makes no sense to me.

The only other game with real PvP consequences is Diablo 2 Hardcore characters (Death = death, character is gone forever).

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in The Edge of the Mists

thaooo.5320

PvEers complain because in every… single… game where PvP is crossed over with PvE in any way the minority of jerks who PvP harass the majority of PvEers.

We hate it, and those bullies- which is all they are in every sense of the juvenile term- drive us away from games which should have other wise been a release from real life stresses.

As it is now, this event grants way too many opportunities for the kitten PvPers to harass PvEers just because they can.

People are fighting enemy players inside a PvP zone? Whodathunkit.

You’re calling people who may or may not be a PvP oriented player, who may or may not have killed someone, who may or may not be a PVE only player, a bully? That’s highly insulting and borders on bullying itself.

You do realize that there is no “PVE Player” flag on your head when you enter? Someone who sees you and attacks you has no idea if you’re a casual or not. But you proceed to call them a bully.

The person who attacked this ‘maybe pve player’ might be a pve player themselves.

As for people who might kill you near an objective, you call them bullies and griefers? Obsidian Sanctum JP was always a place for people to camp and hinder the enemy server, long before the kite chest pve no loot thing. The person who kills you near this ‘objective’ might be a pve player who’s doing some PvP, hindering the enemy server as the mode dictates.

Deliberately helping the enemy in a PvP mode is a violation of the game modes rules.

Any place that guarantees frequent fights will always attract more people to look for fights there.

I hope this clears things up for you, instead of not caring about other players and how other players play the game.

ALL IS VAIN.

in The Edge of the Mists

thaooo.5320

This, and the fact that you now need to be lvl30 wvw rank in order to craft a legendary weapon. I think alot more people will be moving on to new games.

Fact? Please provide a picture or source that shows you need specifically rank 30 as a requirement for legendaries. I personally can’t find it.

I also have 4 world completions and have never encountered this problem you describe.

Source please.

……. No?

ALL IS VAIN.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I’m a PvE player. I don’t do WvW or sPvP because it isn’t fun for me. I tried both. I got bored real fast and never felt like going back.

The amount of LW content in the WvW map is actually very small, and you don’t even have to do any WvW to complete it. You literally just talk to a couple of NPCs that are right there in your starting area. I’m not sure why anyone would have much of a problem with it.

There is an achievement that takes you further into the WvW map, but it’s totally optional and, frankly, the reward isn’t even any good for a PvE player. So skip it. No big deal.

I think ANet handled it well. The LW story asks you to step into the new map, but you don’t have to run around attacking other players to complete it. It’s a good design choice that respects the fact that not all of their players like WvW content and don’t want to be pressured into it.

I can’t speak for other players, but for me, I don’t like feeling coerced or pressured into content that I don’t want to do. I suspect many WvW players feel the same way about PvE content requirements for Legendaries and such. If you don’t want to do the content, it kind of sucks when the path toward your in-game goal takes you into that content without any other options.

The other issue for PvE players like me is the quality of the WvW community. Looking through the posts in this thread, most of the pro-WvW comments are rude and disrespectful at best, and many of them are outright hostile. That’s not the kind of community I want to play with, and it’s another big reason why I don’t enjoy WvW. It’s not an issue that is exclusive to WvW, but the competitive nature of the content seems to bring out the worst in people.

I think the WvW experience as a whole could be greatly improved if the community started enforcing Will Wheaton’s Law.

in The Edge of the Mists

jsduke.6537

Fact? Please provide a picture or source that shows you need specifically rank 30 as a requirement for legendaries. I personally can’t find it.

I also have 4 world completions and have never encountered this problem you describe.

Source please.

……. No?

Source here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-February-4-2014/first#post3591492

Last item under the World vs. World section.

Will Wheaton’s Law. I’m just sayin’.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Pve players that whine so much about pvp is annoying. Pvp/WvW players were forced to pve for a long time and they weren’t whining like this.
This is why this game’s pvp/wvw doesn’t develop and loses its hardcore players to other mmos. They always listen to QQing casuals while hardcore players are quitting.
I like this game but lost many friends in gw2 to other mmos just because of the lack of pvp system, and people are still whining about new pvp/wvw maps and achievements. Sorry but by listening this kind of playerbase, this game can’t develop further.

in The Edge of the Mists

thaooo.5320

I’m a PvE player.

The other issue for PvE players like me is the quality of the WvW community. Looking through the posts in this thread, most of the pro-WvW comments are rude and disrespectful at best, and many of them are outright hostile. That’s not the kind of community I want to play with, and it’s another big reason why I don’t enjoy WvW. It’s not an issue that is exclusive to WvW, but the competitive nature of the content seems to bring out the worst in people.

But it is fine for PVE players to spam threads bashing Pvp modes? Wvw players don’t do this about pve.

Pve players creating threads bashing Pvp modes because they have to go there for a Pvp achievement? THESE ARE NOT PVE ACHIVEMENTS IN THIS UPDATE. Wvw don’t do this about pve.

Yeah, the wvw players are the problem. Hahahahahahahahahaha

The wvw players, who are trying to make pve only players open minded about game options and fun, are the bad guys?

Wow. You blew my mind.

ALL IS VAIN.

in The Edge of the Mists

thaooo.5320

Source here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-February-4-2014/first#post3591492

Last item under the World vs. World section.

Will Wheaton’s Law. I’m just saying

And so it is.

Rank 30 isn’t hard to get anyway, and considering you can buy WvW ranks with laurels, meaning you don’t have to do any real wvw, just buy to win.

Oh, and remember this. WvW players need to do CRAP LOADS of pve to make a legendary, so don’t play the victim, especially when pve players have the easy side. But of course, wvw players don’t complain about having to do pve

I don’t know who Will Wheaton is, and frankly don’t care, haven’t heard this ‘law’ before, so I’m going to attribute it to some pop culture nonsense and not bother looking it up.

ALL IS VAIN.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

in The Edge of the Mists

jsduke.6537

I’m a PvE player.

But it is fine for PVE players to spam threads bashing Pvp modes? Wvw players don’t do this about pve.

Pve players creating threads bashing Pvp modes because they have to go there for a Pvp achievement? THESE ARE NOT PVE ACHIVEMENTS IN THIS UPDATE. Wvw don’t do this about pve.

Yeah, the wvw players are the problem. Hahahahahahahahahaha

The wvw players, who are trying to make pve only players open minded about game options and fun, are the bad guys?

Wow. You blew my mind.

I can’t tell if you are being ironic.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I’m a PvE player (…) but the competitive nature of the content seems to bring out the worst in people.

Please, leave CoF and LA for a second.
WvW’ers play to make their server win ( or guild or small group) while pve’ers play to collect their loot. Which is the worse in your opinion? A collective gameplay or a selfish one?
I see more trolling in LA than in any wvw map. You pve’ers have a lot of preconceptions about pvp’ers but you don’t really know who we are, while we know you very well because we have to spend a good amount time in pve to be able to compete in wvw ( or just craft shinies).
The “best” rage I’ve ever seen was during a Grenth’s temple run. I’ve never seen people insulting each others like that. Even in pvp. And just for a pve boss…

VoxL, NSPPT

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

I don’t even understand. All you have to do for the living story is pop into EtoM, talk to a guy, and get back out.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

They whine because if you’re just trying to PvE and if you’re forced into an open-world PvP zone, and you’re being killed over and over, it’s not fun. I know this from experience trying to level for the first time in Aion.

Haha yes, been there, done that. I stopped playing Aion because of the forced PvP. I do not mean forced PvP as in “there is no PvP off switch”, but as in “areas which hold important PvE content are also PvP zones”.

Why on earth would you even start playing Aion (or Lineage) when it was made perfectly clear that the primary draw of the game was open world PVP? I mean, its not like it was a surprise sprung on you by the devs. All PVE content was intended to be contested by PVP (except starter zones)

Same with EoTM, its not like its purpose hasn’t been made abundantly clear.