Is the content in LA going to be isntanced?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Please dev answer, we really want to know if the content is gonna be in instanced LA, because last time on Karka invasion it was horrific, and for most people upgrading your server performance will not really help because people with bad computers (like me with MAC version) will get 0 FPS and therefore cant enjoy the content. Please Please I hope its instanced, the Kessex Hills variant was really nice.

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

I’m on mac too but the 0fps was introduced with last patched. Always ran fine before that…

Posted by: Chmod.4391

Chmod.4391

We can speculate that it will be like the tower of nightmare : an instance that explain the changes when you first log into LA, then a zone with everyone else.

Nakajima Itoe [TxS]

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

Yes very much what I expect. Hope they fix the fps trouble before the release. Would be sad if the enjoyment of this patch is taken away by a bug.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I don’t see this as being instanced at all. I am sure there will be LS parts that are instanced, but I kinda foresee LA itself being like queens jubilee. I guess that was sort of instanced now that I think about it. But it’s a large one.

Posted by: Erdy.3201

Erdy.3201

people with bad computers (like me with MAC version) will get 0 FPS and therefore cant enjoy the content.

At least 0 FPS…. My computer burned out, then exploded when the fight against karkas in LA began.

Posted by: Jamin.6528

Jamin.6528

I was under the impression that Lion’s Arch was going to be like any other explorable area. It will no longer be like a main city. With that being said, expect zerg fests and many overflows.

Lucromia Mukroc – Necromancer
Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC] – Blackgate
http://thehardcorecaravan.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Never instanced! GW2 is an open world, so anyone can jump right in and fight with everyone else.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

What I’m wondering is if the storyline as you progress into LA will be moved to somewhere else. Surely people are at different points of the story and it’d seem kinda awkward if LA gets destroyed while they’re just meeting their mentors for the first time, or going through the battle of claw island.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Maybe Anet thinks killing Lion’s Arch will reduce the loading screens and scare away TP flippers to a different location? (hooray)

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Moteris.5913

Moteris.5913

What I’m wondering is if the storyline as you progress into LA will be moved to somewhere else. Surely people are at different points of the story and it’d seem kinda awkward if LA gets destroyed while they’re just meeting their mentors for the first time, or going through the battle of claw island.

They devs did an interview with Massively, saying they have worked out a way for you to enter the personal story parts, Also the PS is a locked point in time. So the story is not effected by what is going on in the world at the moment.