New "HUB"? What did I change server for? ~.~

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

Okay… After being to LA certain times I just needed a break from grinding mats and heirlooms… So I went to the new ‘HUB’ in the Keep in Gendarran Fields.

And guess what? Off course I’ve been granted a place on an overflow. For hours… Yeah so I went to the grove instead. Guess what? Yeah, right, overflow again. Because… teh crafting stations are easily accessible. Lornar’s and Bloodtide coast, overflow.

Not to mention that this also affects the tries on the new worldboss… (Well we did it anyway. <3 Riverside!)

But… now really.. We NEED and we MISS a REALLY central spot on OUR homeworlds where we can gather to find activities of our liking, people to chat with and whatever else. Everyone is scattered around the world now, which makes me rather want to log off if I don’t have anything left to do, then just standing around waiting to be able to go back to MY server.

I don’t think that it would be good to keep this situation longer than necessarily possible. I don’t care for the airship nor the little area in Divinity’s Reach. I can access both, and it’s not the same. Not at all. (In case you noticed it yourselves by now, Divinity’s Reach doesn’t even have an daily activity NPC, while the airship does.)

I really hope you guys ARE plaing to provide a proper Capital again. I don’t care if it’s a rebuild of LA or something new, as long as we DO get one.
If you tried to make your story more vivid by letting us suffer from getting scattered all around Tyria… Well nice try, but I don’t think that I like THAT realistic impacts from the Living Story at all.

Anyway.. I just HAD to say this. I’ve spent 1800Gems to change my homeserver, I LOVED the one I chose, and now I’m not getting to see it anymore for… well… who knows how long. This is just frustrating. Even being in the same party doesn’t bring you to the same overflow, and the joining and struggeling with full overflows just kees getting more and more annyoing every day.

Trahearne <3

Posted by: Eivene.9127

Eivene.9127

This would have us believe we’re going to take back Lion’s Arch

Perfectionists’ Cult [NICE] - Family Friendly PvE/WvW community
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

The Grove has an overflow? The first time I can imagine since release..

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

I interpret that as what we go into LA to do but not what ends up happening (or not as cleanly as people are predicting).

We took back Kessix and look at the mess there. There is a giant drill over the harbor and airships all over. Scarlets army is pumping poison into the city, and she is about to uncover a leyline. Leylines are magic, magic that is potentially very volatile, also dragons feed off of magic. That leaves two theories, LA blows up or Scarlet attracts a dragon.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

@OP: I think you should do a bit of reading about the overflow system, you seem to have a few misconceptions about how it works.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

kuscheldrow.6415

I’d even take a LA full of rubbish if everything is needed is back there… xD
Oh well and Scarlet and her army is kicked out off course.

I’m not so sure about the video myself but I’d hope for it.

And yeah, the grove ended up with an overflow because the crafting stations are the easiest accessible as they’re next to the auction hall.

Trahearne <3

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Everyone is scattered around the world now,

I dunno, I kinda like the idea of everyone spread out throughout Tyria and not just posting up in LA chatting and not playing.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

And yeah, the grove ended up with an overflow because the crafting stations are the easiest accessible as they’re next to the auction hall.

I would say that Rata Sum is just as good for crafting. Does your server have an overflow there too? Because mine only has an overflow in Gendarran Fields and it’s hard for me to imagine overflows in main race cities.

kuscheldrow.6415

I don’t know, I don’t have any reason to visit Rata Sum at all, but if the grove has one I bet Rata Sum does so too. ^^

I think it depends on server population too. Ours is well populated plus there are a lot of people guesting for several reasons. (Well not that I would mind that)

Trahearne <3

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

I hope we fail. I was-am interested now that a city was destroyed and thought we might finally be getting a true mmorpg with a changing online world. However, if we really do retake LA and eventually rebuild it (especially if it’s only like in 2-3 patches) then it’ll be: ‘well..what was the point of destroying it in the first place?’ It will fall into the same trap as virtually every single LS patch prior-a player took a year’s break and comes back to find…nothing’s effectively changed…at which point they take another year’s break -__-.

You know now that I think about it, I’m almost sure that’s exactly what will happen-maybe the time frame is increased from 2-3 patches but it will still be disappointing.

As for new HUBS-these things will sort themselves out in time, no real need for concern imo. The only concern I have is communication-if players populate the starting cities then obviously map chat alone will not suffice-some kind of global chat can/should be added imo.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Divinity Reach everything is very close if you’re smart enough to use the waypoints.

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I’m sorry but unless you’re on a RP server and do lots of random RP with those you encounter I really don’t understand why you’re so upset over the Overflows.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

a “HUB” should always be in an instance, no need to clutter the open world areas with unnecessary ppl walking around.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

a “HUB” should always be in an instance, no need to clutter the open world areas with unnecessary ppl walking around.

AKA social interaction.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I’m surprised the Grove has an overflow. I don’t think it has the most convenient layout. Overall, I like Rata Sum better for doing crafting and using the Trading Post.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: MesmeForever.3612

MesmeForever.3612

I personally like the dissolution of LA’s patrons into various other available hubs (which have the same crafting and trade resources as LA did, the other stuff isn’t used often enough to be everywhere). Having everything centralized like that is what gave us Spamadan in GW1.
I hope that, however it turns out after this LS arc, they keep it decentralized and come up with a way for people to gravitate toward like players. For instance, they could create permanent hubs at the locations of the current temporary ones which each have all the same resources, but appeal to players based on aesthetics, location and faction choice. Whatever the case, I hope the hub or hubs they replace Lion’s Arch with (and, for that matter, the other major cities) aren’t above some action every once in awhile. Having everything be an ally in a game gets boring.

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I prefer 1 central hub. I thought from the beginning the starter cities were sort of a waste of resources. They are well designed and look nice (sans the charr), but knew they would be a ghost town quickly….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

I have an awesome idea. Instead of Lions Arch – rebuild Arah! This city might look awesome, with huge walls, monumental buildings. Restore it to the look before it was submerged. Zaithan is dead already, so it would be possible to drive the story this way

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Year 1 Tixxmas when he was actually making a show of arriving in each town.

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

I dunno, I kinda like the idea of everyone spread out throughout Tyria and not just posting up in LA chatting and not playing.

No, a central player hub is necissary to organize events, find parties for dungeons and fractals, to simply have a place where the community can get together and interact. regardless of whether this is in LA, a cultural city, or some new place all together, a centeral hub is needed

kuscheldrow.6415

No, a central player hub is necissary to organize events, find parties for dungeons and fractals, to simply have a place where the community can get together and interact. regardless of whether this is in LA, a cultural city, or some new place all together, a centeral hub is needed

Exactly that’s my point.
The LFG system does have a space for world events, BUT it doesn’t allow more than 5 people or longer texts, plus it isn’t used other than for dungeons or fractals, PLUS… if you want to stick to your own server or language you’re lost anyway if you use it. People don’t seem to read what exactly you are looking for, they just click on a group and join, which is really disappointing sometimes. And you just can’t fill up a squad by using the LFG system, but you can do so easily if you have a certain place to gather and advertize for your favour.

Trahearne <3

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Before the invasion, I typically AVOIDED LA – loading times were much longer in and out of there due to the generally higher-than-average player counts, and things were much more spread out than in the capital cities (both Rata Sum, Divinity, and the Norn capital city have more convenient access to bank/TP/crafting provided you use the (free) waypoints).

I for one hope that LA will remain ruined/hostile territory – please make it a permanent Lvl 80 zone filled with danger and excitement. There’s a lot you could do with it in its current state or as a logical conclusion to some of the living story breadcrumbs that have been dropping… Just my 2 coppers.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t think I ever saw an overflow at the Grove, even at launch. I’m still processing the idea that it’s happening now. I’m on a T2 server and I don’t see maps fill like that.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The grove is my second favorite after the old LA for crafting convenience. The TP is pretty close, just wish there was a forge there. Ebonhawk is more convenient, but not very scenic, and has annoying NPC’s begging for event help. Divinity is good for armorsmith and the station next to it (forget now), but is to long a run for the other stations, and I don’t really like having to WP even though it’s instant. LA also had the fractal WP so that made it the best, not counting community which is seriously broken now, but hopefully not permanently.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Personally, I think they should add all services that aren’t there already (daily activity, mystic forge, etc) to all 5 racial cities. It would be nice to be able to hub in any of the remaining cities, bu right now Gendarran Fields holds the daily activity, fractals, Southsun, etc, so its the only logical place to hub, but it doesn’t have crafting stations!!

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The Grove has an overflow?

Groverflow

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

How is being in a Grove Overflow more disconnecting from your server of choice than being in a Lion’s Arch Overflow?

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Is ebonhawk not the best place for crafting ?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

How is being in a Grove Overflow more disconnecting from your server of choice than being in a Lion’s Arch Overflow?

This.

If Lornar’s Pass AND Bloodtide Coast AND Gendarran Fields AND The Grove all send you to overflow on your new home server, then I can’t imagine that Lion’s does NOT have an overflow with a 45-60 minute waiting time – if it were still peaceful.

I hope we fail. I was-am interested now that a city was destroyed and thought we might finally be getting a true mmorpg with a changing online world. However, if we really do retake LA and eventually rebuild it (especially if it’s only like in 2-3 patches) then it’ll be: ‘well..what was the point of destroying it in the first place?’ It will fall into the same trap as virtually every single LS patch prior-a player took a year’s break and comes back to find…nothing’s effectively changed…at which point they take another year’s break -__-.

You know now that I think about it, I’m almost sure that’s exactly what will happen-maybe the time frame is increased from 2-3 patches but it will still be disappointing.

As for new HUBS-these things will sort themselves out in time, no real need for concern imo. The only concern I have is communication-if players populate the starting cities then obviously map chat alone will not suffice-some kind of global chat can/should be added imo.

I am expecting that we WILL win back Lion’s Arch, but that it will be rebuilt in a very different way. Major architectural landmarks have come crashing down, and I fully expect those to NOT be rebuilt in an identical manner.
I rather expect that Lion’s Arch will not so much be rebuilt, but rather a “new” Lion’s Arch will be built on top of the ruins of the “old” Lion’s Arch.

Like how back in November 2012, the Ancient Karka destroyed the old lighthouse, and a new lighthouse has been constructed next to the ruins of the old one during the months afterwards. Except on a larger scale.

sorudo.9054

actually hoelbark is better, everything is in one place and barely anything to stop you from walking directly from one place to the other, it’s a horrible place to go from TP to bank tho…..divinity’s reach is the best one at that.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

actually hoelbark is better, everything is in one place and barely anything to stop you from walking directly from one place to the other, it’s a horrible place to go from TP to bank tho…..divinity’s reach is the best one at that.

Ebonhawk is the best. Everything is in a line, no WP to get to the TP. The only downfall is that it is in the corner of the map so your first WP is usually pricey.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

sorudo.9054

Ebonhawk is the best. Everything is in a line, no WP to get to the TP. The only downfall is that it is in the corner of the map so your first WP is usually pricey.

it’s asked about crafting, nothing states anything about the TP……

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

it’s asked about crafting, nothing states anything about the TP……

Crafting, TP, doesn’t matter. It is all closer in Ebonhawk. If you are crafting, more than likely you will need to go to the TP for something that you are just short on, so they are closely related. In Hoelbrak you need to WP or take the stairs to get to the TP, Ebonhawk is all in the same place.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

Yes……yeeeeeeesssssss…. focus your rage and direct it at Scarlet, for SHE destroyed Lions Arch.

TAKE BACK LIONS ARCH PEOPLE!