So about all these Cyphers....

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

When Escape from LA goes live, will Scarlet’s Secret Lair still be accessible (at the least on a char that has already been there)…?
Please let it be so.

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Perhaps these foes that are attacking LA will also drop the same stuff needed for the cyphers, moar loot from scarlet herself.

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

Thank you…I kept hearing about confirmation that it would be but never saw any proof. And last night I was in no mood or state to do google search after google search to try and find it seeing as I was up all hours trying to get Marionette dodger done but hey, I got it at last!!

Posted by: Thoom.9653

Thoom.9653

Her lair is still there, but the chests are gone.

I feel a tiny bit betrayed by the ANet rep that posted in that thread, even though what they said was technically true. I still have 9 cyphers left over, which I wasn’t in a huge rush to use since I thought there would be a grace period.

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

Last time i trusted Anet on anything.
I seriously hope the missing chests are only a minor glitch and will be fixed.

Posted by: Moogle.1402

Moogle.1402

Yeah, still have a few cyphers left over as well since I thought there would be a grace period.

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

“Lair will be there” they said. But Scarlett deserted the place !

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

Lair is there, but I can’t cash in cyphers

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: skepticck.9714

skepticck.9714

This sucks, i went by what they said and didn’t change all my cyphers and now this.
Good job misleading players Anet.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I am lol’ing about the fact that a friend saved all the keys she had from marionettes and now she can’t use them. Epic trolled.

I personally changed all my ciphers 4 hours ago. After tha last marionette what we killed in Baruch’s Bay. Honestly i don’t know why did you guys don’t use yours after every marionette. There’s no point on saving them, except maybe to save 2-4 minutes. Now they’re useless, wich means you already wasted more and more than 2-4 minutes.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

I’m a bit upset about this… I almost have a full stack of bags as well.

Pretty please ANET can you please re-activate them

Posted by: Thoom.9653

Thoom.9653

I personally changed all my ciphers 4 hours ago. After tha last marionette what we killed in Baruch’s Bay. Honestly i don’t know why did you guys don’t use yours after every marionette.

The character I made the power cell on was only 53. I was hoping to level to 80 this week.

Posted by: Eaglemut.6348

Eaglemut.6348

I feel totally trolled, I was about to use my cyphers but then I saw the dev response that lair is staying – OP specifically mentioned he wants to know the deadline for using keys.

So now I have like 80 cyphers which are absolutely useless..

Thareen.5471

My point exactly. That answer to a question that specifically, can only lead to one conclusion.
I think they just made another error and hope for they´re sake that they will fix it.

Posted by: cocopuffs.3706

cocopuffs.3706

I feel the same way… i was in the lair when the update went live.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t understand why you would save these… This happens pretty much every patch… yet every patch people are surprised. You should always use up the limited time items/rewards before the end of the patch cycle.

Thareen.5471

Usually the chest for leftover items (keys, cyphers) stays after the content is extracted for about 2 weeks. Like the chest in Kessex. This is what those players also expected this time.
To suddenly change that and misinforming players on purpose (if it was not just an honest mistake)… well, lets just say bad idea.
There are enough players around that feel trolled by Anet for quite some time.
Since the last patch that number is literally exploded.
The ones that are affected the most from this are the ones that Anet really wants to keep in the Game (those that work and throw real money in the gemstore).
Those that have not that much free time to waste on a game but the money to make up for it.
There are a lot of players that are just waiting for the release of another game that will be released soon and mistakes like this only encourages them to switch games when the time comes. For some even sooner.

There is a similar thread in the lwd section about this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Leftover-Cyphers

Posted by: Virtuality.8351

Virtuality.8351

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/madness/When-will-Scarlet-s-Secret-Lair-be-closed/first#post3642609

Telling us that Scarlet’s Lair “will be sticking around” but not telling us that the chests inside will be no longer available…really Danicia.

I don’t understand why you would save these…

because moving from one end of the map to the other and then vice versa repetitively is a colossal waste of time.

(edited by Virtuality.8351)

Posted by: zIP.2345

zIP.2345

I’ll like to chime in and continue to raise the visibility of this issue too.

Count me in as another player who feels duped by Anet based on their response to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/madness/When-will-Scarlet-s-Secret-Lair-be-closed

As much as the dev’s response is technically correct, the spirit of the OP’s question was quite evidently a worry about a deadline for cashing in LS related ‘currency’.

Normally I would be one of those players who would cash in any unique LS stuff before a major patch hits, if there are no official statements regarding when they will expire (the lack of consistency in how players are informed of when such limited currencies/chests expire is also an issue… ). Having the same concerns as the linked thread’s OP and taking my time out of the game to research on the forums, I found what I thought I was looking for in the Anet’s dev’s response. I decided to put my trust in her statement and left a stockpile of cyphers in my bank while I spent time in WvW running with friends, waiting for the new patch to drop.

The funny thing is, the more casual players in my guild who don’t follow the forums at all were taking the precaution of cashing in their cyphers, while I’m now looking a bit like a fool to those that trusted me when I linked the Anet dev’s response and told them that we could keep on WvW’ing and not to worry about the cyphers.

Please do understand that what spurred me to post in this thread isn’t a worry about loot lost, or the inconvenience of more bank slots being used up by LS currency that may-or-may-not be useful in the future. It’s more of a case of a betrayal of trust, which I find to be more damaging.

I, and I’m sure many others, would love to hear a response from Anet about this. Was the removal of the chests a bug? If so, when will we see them reinstated? If removed on purpose, will the incomplete and misleading ‘clarification’ posted by an Anet dev on the official forums be elaborated on? Even a simple mea culpa and perhaps a stated commitment to improving transparency when it comes to communicating expiration dates for time limited resources and content?

Posted by: IHawkMike.2035

IHawkMike.2035

I’d like to add my name to the list as a very disgruntled customer. Any reasonable person would have inferred that the chests would still be available based on the post to which Danicia was replying.

Posted by: SOULFLY.7942

SOULFLY.7942

i have more then 200 cyphers , thats 3 weeks worth of looting … not happy at all here also

Posted by: bethjoy.8419

bethjoy.8419

Please please PLEASE put the chests back! I too was informed by someone who saw that forum post that the lair would be around after the event. I loved the marionette event, it’s probably my favorite thing I’ve done in GW2 so far, so I was running the event up to the last opportunity and I have a good amount of cyphers I’d like to use.

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Wish they told us that the boxes would be gone. I don’t care if they answered the question correctly. They knew full well what the players used that area for.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Crap…….I have a few left…..I used most but still have a few bags left

Posted by: WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot.8947

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot.8947

I too have been saving some since reading that the lair will remain………sigh.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I turned all of mine in last night. Not because I expected the chests to be removed, but just because I figured I may as well since I wouldn’t be getting any more and I had nothing better to do at the time.

Glad I did, but this is still a terrible move. I mean, seriously? Its nice that the lair itself is still there, its a nice bit of lore and a “piece of history” so to speak, but c’mon, you can’t possibly have thought that the reason so many players were asking that question was just because of the history and lore. You had to realize that what people were most worried about was the chests and whether they needed to turn in their cyphers before patch time. I just can’t fathom that people who work on an MMO and have had numerous questions of the same nature in the past could possibly overlook the context and not see that people were asking about the chests and not just the physical lair itself.

Hopefully its just a miscommunication between different groups and the chests will be returned as a show of good faith.

Posted by: Nor.2057

Nor.2057

Yes put all this back (the chests) at least for one more week… like all other updates usually end up lasting

||Acolytes|| Sanctum of Rall||Destiny’s End||

Posted by: VitisVinifera.2834

VitisVinifera.2834

This is contrary to how Anet has handled these situations in the past. I hope it was a mistake, but if it was a mistake I hope they still consider quality issues to be important.

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Signed. This is ridiculous. I would have used all my cyphers but assumed each chest was on a 24 hour timer and I have a bucket load of them as well as keys…

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

Posted by: ShadeOfGrey.1943

ShadeOfGrey.1943

Any official word on whether the chests in Scarlet’s Lair will be reenabled would be greatly appreciated. I did read the dev posts stating the content will stay with the new patch and still have cyphers in my bags which I would like to exchange, however I will accept any decision, just want to clear the inventory space

SoS

Posted by: fireseed.4675

fireseed.4675

I held onto several keys because I was reassured that the lair would still remain. The issue of whether or not the chests would be removed was never cleared up by the devs, even after it it was discussed in the post (they had a full week to clear up this information). Although I don’t feel very betrayed by the arenanet team yet (they have made reversals before for not clearly informing their population like with the gift of battle), I am unhappy about this situation. I would hate to see that the people advising use of keys early were correct, and that we have been “trolled.” I expect a response to this particular issue from arenanet soon (they still haven’t woken up and gotten to work yet), and how they decide to respond will impact how much I feel I can trust what they say in their forums in the future.

I’ll forgive the smugness of many of the people who did open their keys right away, because I’m afraid they may have been right to remain cynical about how the reward system in the game works and not to take any chances with anything that has been made explicitly clear.

I’d rather if a meme was made about this situation, it would be a good guy arenanet (greg) that says something along the lines of “Trolls their population into thinking they can still get their shinies on the forum/so reinstates the shinies” rather than a scumbag steve “Tells people that the shinies lair will remain after the update/just doesn’t let you know the shinies themselves will be gone”. It’s still too early to know which would be more accurate.

(edited by fireseed.4675)

Posted by: Auron.9812

Auron.9812

Hello there,
Would like to say that me, my gf and a good portion of my guild have been negatively hit by this situation, as we read the previous topic ( already posted here) made by an user who wanted to know the date his " Keys" expired and was reassured that during the LA escape update he would have been able to use them.

I am positive that Anet policy is to help loyal customers who played a lot of hours for their rewards to achieve what they earned, to keep faith to what they previously said, and that the first dev/moderator who realize what happened will make sure everything will be ok.

I know the fix will take time , but i kindly ask to hear an official word regarding this issue, just to say that we have not been trolled and can play without feeling betrayed.

Thank you very much,
Auron

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

This was really poorly communicated. I certainly hope they give an official response on this.

Posted by: Priest Tully.3798

Priest Tully.3798

Wait the chests in her lair are gone? But Anet posted on the forum that her lair would still be accessible. I was expecting this to be with all the features that the lair provided.

Now I am sitting on tons of fragments and Scarlet Spare Key Bags with no purpose for them. Next time this could be communicated a bit more clear.

Posted by: KodChim.5670

KodChim.5670

It’s bizarre that so many of you held on to them until the day after the new patch.

Posted by: Star Jewel.5048

Star Jewel.5048

It’s bizarre that so many of you held on to them until the day after the new patch.

It would have been bizarre — or downright stupid — to hang on to our cyphers had we not known the status of the lair post-patch. But when an ArenaNet representative responds to a post asking about the lair (with the explicit concern about the cyphers) saying that the lair would stay, it makes sense that people would believe them.

Posted by: bringo.7190

bringo.7190

Well we wouldn’t have had if they didn’t state that the lair is staying. I’m really hoping this is an oversight that they will fix (like with the karma thing) because otherwise we have been trolled.

Posted by: Auron.9812

Auron.9812

I’d also be happy if i could just vendor those things for something like 1s each ( like the kiel/evon votes), should re- enabling chests be too hard codewise

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/madness/When-will-Scarlet-s-Secret-Lair-be-closed/first#post3642609

Telling us that Scarlet’s Lair “will be sticking around” but not telling us that the chests inside will be no longer available…really Danicia.

I don’t understand why you would save these…

because moving from one end of the map to the other and then vice versa repetitively is a colossal waste of time.

Dancia is not a developer. Much less the one who removed the chests. For all you know, she asked a developer who knew the map was sticking around but was unaware the chests were going to be removed.

And unless it’s changed recently, the Kessex Hills chest is a bad example, you can still easily get more keys for it and it’s still there for certain as of a couple weeks ago.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I burned what key sets I could make, but I do wish they had a way to burn off the last few assorted keys. Even after making as many 25 sets as I could I ended up with 2-5 of each type of key, it’d be nice if you could at least vendor them for a few copper a piece.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Star Jewel.5048

Star Jewel.5048

Even after making as many 25 sets as I could I ended up with 2-5 of each type of key, it’d be nice if you could at least vendor them for a few copper a piece.

This is actually why I have enough to make a few entire cyphers left over. Knowing that marionette was still available while waiting for the patch, I was doing runs up till the last. I held on to some of my fragments so I could combine what I earned with what I had to have the least amount of excess. I assumed the lair staying behind was specifically to facilitate that. It seemed so logical!

Posted by: StarMars.9168

StarMars.9168

like many players here, i was mislead into believing that we could still use our ciphers after the patch because of that Anet post

i still have tons of unused ciphers. pls bring those chests back!

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Her lair is still there, but the chests are gone.

I feel a tiny bit betrayed by the ANet rep that posted in that thread, even though what they said was technically true.

Eh… thanks, ANet. Classy move!

Posted by: Antares.8254

Antares.8254

I also assume I had one more week to open this cyphers. since I saw the post on the forum.

Posted by: highlander arc.8970

highlander arc.8970

Chest are gone. Still have some cyphers left ….

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I always used my cypher keys at the end of each day. I don’t see the point of saving up 200+ keys “for later”. My bags would fill up if I used like 10 of them. Geez.

I had 23 parts of a scarlet lockbox cypher left……but I deleted it yesterday when I realized that I would be getting no more bits to get another key.

Posted by: Jammonite.2079

Jammonite.2079

I didn’t spend my cyphers, because my alt that had the Scarlet’s lair access was only level 78 and I thought ‘might as well wait until he’s level 80’. I checked online, and saw that the lair would still be there according to the A-net employee! If I had known it would be removed, I would have used my few cyphers to get at least some level 78 gear to salvage for luck and mats.

Putting the chests back for at least the duration of this current LW phase, as a grace period, seems like a no-brainer. Being able to get the odd fragment from mobs in LA would be cool too. It’s a shame when one mechanic is just gone in the space of a few minutes and all the stuff becomes redundant.

Please put the Cypher chests back!

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Anet, please fix this. I am half-tempted to put this in the bug forums.