Still waiting

Still waiting

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It’s been like that in every American based mmo.

My point exactly. Again, the sad thing is EU got them to where they are.

All over a few hours?

EU is a large region. “The afternoon” = bed time for some of us. Basically, an entire day. I don’t have a problem with an entire day – but I would like to know before-hand so as to not have expectations.

Too bad? Someone is going to shafted in the end, whether they release on time or not.

I bet if they released on EU time, you wouldn’t care at all if NA get shafted.

Same feeling with NA and EU.

You ask for advance warning – they gave enough advance warning. Something came up and they had to make a fix.

But I assume you would rather have them release the patch and have everything screwed up the moment you log in?

Still waiting

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Another fail by anet way to cheat us eu players … Again …. like allways…. does every single game maker hate eu ?!

(This post it to show how stupid you guys look mkay)

so who wants some cheese with their whine ?

I am from EU and I am having cheese with my wine and olives right now, tomorrow is fine by me.
It is almost midnight :p

Give them time people

you clearly dont see the joke .. so imma just laugh and think what a bookah..

Might I suggest that perhaps you don’t see his joke?

Still waiting

Vol.7601

It’s been like that in every American based mmo.

My point exactly. Again, the sad thing is EU got them to where they are.

All over a few hours?

EU is a large region. “The afternoon” = bed time for some of us. Basically, an entire day. I don’t have a problem with an entire day – but I would like to know before-hand so as to not have expectations.

And another thing. I highly doubt EU ‘got them’ where they are today.

And even if they did, Anet expects a reasonable customer would not ragequit over delaying a patch for a few hours.

I guess you and all the EU fanboys would prefer that Anet operate on the EU clock? Go to work, at what, 2 am to 1 pm? All so they can release everything according to EU schedule, because everything in the world operates according to EU?

Yeah, I guess they should do that.

Still waiting

Posted by: roseria.7695

roseria.7695

Another fail by anet way to cheat us eu players … Again …. like allways…. does every single game maker hate eu ?!

(This post it to show how stupid you guys look mkay)

so who wants some cheese with their whine ?

I am from EU and I am having cheese with my wine and olives right now, tomorrow is fine by me.
It is almost midnight :p

Give them time people

you clearly dont see the joke .. so imma just laugh and think what a bookah..

Might I suggest that perhaps you don’t see his joke?

Are you always like this or is it just a Tuesday thing ?

Roserra @ [ATT] – Attuned

Still waiting

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Let’s count to 10,000 before the event begins!

Still waiting

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Still waiting

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Still waiting

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Too bad? Someone is going to shafted in the end, whether they release on time or not.

You ask for advance warning – they gave enough advance warning. Something came up and they had to make a fix.

But I assume you would rather have them release the patch and have everything screwed up the moment you log in?

Calm your pants. The usual release time (2hr ago) is not so bad for both regions. Again, in case you failed to read my post, I don’t mind that they have to delay the patch – just do expectation management well in advance (well = 1 day at worst). You might have missed that. Experience in business software development (yuck, soul draining stuff) indicates that you usually know when stuff is going south, it may very well be different in game development, but I would venture to say that a day’s worth of warning isn’t asking much. Imagine, for one second, as much transparency as “GW2_Official_Twitter_Account: Guys we might slip on this patch.” Boom! Expectations set; anyone who complains is definitely an idiot.

I am not asking for fudged patches (funny how you counter a point I made, and then counter a point I explicitly avoided, hmmm….), I am asking for transparency. Big difference. Massive. Transparency = trust. Complaints about slipped patches (where the slip was indicated before-hand) from players = idiot players.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Still waiting

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Still waiting

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Still waiting

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

delayed. wouldn’t be surprised if this patch got move tomorrow instead, since CDI is starting also tomorrow.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Still waiting

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Still waiting

Posted by: JazKW.6547

JazKW.6547

Still waiting

Vol.7601

Calm your pants. The usual release time (2hr ago) is not so bad for both regions. Again, in case you failed to read my post, I don’t mind that they have to delay the patch – just do expectation management well in advance (well = 1 day at worst). You might have missed that. Experience in business software development (yuck, soul draining stuff) indicates that you usually know when stuff is going south, it may very well be different in game development, but I would venture to say that a day’s worth of warning isn’t asking much. Imagine, for one second, as much transparency as “GW2_Official_Twitter_Account: Guys we might slip on this patch.” Boom! Expectations set; anyone who complains is definitely an idiot.

I am not asking for fudged patches (funny how you counter a point I made, and then counter a point I explicitly avoided, hmmm….), I am asking for transparency. Big difference. Massive. Transparency = trust. Complaints about slipped patches (where the slip was indicated before-hand) from players = idiot players.

Yes you’re asking a lot. Anet can’t turn back time and say on Monday that the patch is delayed.

The fact that Anet’s official twitter account stated that the patch was going to come in an hour, and then had to delete it shortly after shows that something bad came up.

The fact that we still had no patch 5 hours later shows that something bad & big actually came up.

So criticising Anet for not being transparent when it was impossible to be transparent is foolish. I think you are the one that needs to calm your pants because you assume Anet is perfectly capable of time travel and predicting the future.

Still waiting

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yes you’re asking a lot. Anet can’t turn back time and say on Monday that the patch is delayed.

The fact that Anet’s official twitter account stated that the patch was going to come in an hour, and then had to delete it shortly after shows that something bad came up.

The fact that we still had no patch 5 hours later shows that something bad & big actually came up.

So criticising Anet for not being transparent when it was impossible to be transparent is foolish. I think you are the one that needs to calm your pants because you assume Anet is perfectly capable of time travel and predicting the future.

Thus why the phrase ‘kitten happens’ exists. For instances just like this.

Vol, you seem crankier than normal of late. Everything ok?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Still waiting

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

I see what you did here !

Still waiting

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I would be cool with them delaying it if it meant we didn’t get interrupted several times during the event for hotfixes. But going on previous experiences, that’s going to happen anyway, so it’s a bit annoying.

Still waiting

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

About the EU vs. NA drop; they have to be in the office when it drops; in case it breaks some big things.
Obviously someone found something at the last minute and they are moving to deal with it.

I would hazard as far as to guess if it isn’t dropped by 3pm that it might get a 24 hr delay.

Still waiting

Vol.7601

That’s my rant style when I come across unreasonable & unrealistic people, who seem to grow larger and larger each day on these forums.

I’m all for complaining about Anet, but if you have a bad reason to do so with little ground to stand on, I’ll jump on you and call you out on it.

Still waiting

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

ITT: People complaining about the Earth being an sphere*.

* The Earth is not actually a sphere.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Still waiting

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That’s my rant style when I come across unreasonable & unrealistic people, who seem to grow larger and larger each day on these forums.

I’m all for complaining about Anet, but if you have a bad reason to do so with little ground to stand on, I’ll jump on you and call you out on it.

chuckle

Welcome to modern society.

Edit: Oooo time to go home! goes poof

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Still waiting

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Energy probe is red… Does that mean anything?

Attachments:

Still waiting

Vol.7601

• The Earth is not actually a sphere.

Yes, I’ll be that guy…

To be fair, I don’t think it is physically possible to generate a 100% pure sphere. Only in theory. So Earth is the approximately a sphere.

Still waiting

Posted by: rotheche.2964

rotheche.2964

π

Lilli Varss [OW]
Easily distracted mes—SQUIRREL!
GOM

Still waiting

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

What are you suggesting, that I’m a kittenwad jerk?

…You’re right. Oh by Grenth you’re right :’(

Still waiting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

• The Earth is not actually a sphere.

Yes, I’ll be that guy…

To be fair, I don’t think it is physically possible to generate a 100% pure sphere. Only in theory. So Earth is the approximately a sphere.

Earth rotates so it is “fatter” on the equator. But seriously, it is flas as a pancake!

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Still waiting

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

So no update today?
It’s 21:08 here.

Still waiting

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

22:10 here, I suppose I could wait another 24hours. It would be most annoying that it would be releases when the EU is sleeping. I dont even have to explain that to anyone right.

Still waiting

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So no update today?
It’s 21:08 here.

And it is 13:11 over there, and thus they still have about 11 hours left in order to hit the “today” update.

“Today” have after all been over for quite some time in parts of the world already, so counting on your specific (GMT?) time would be quite silly.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Still waiting

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

This means that the patch is gonna come out in the night of EU. And if this patch is like southsun on one time events we’re pretty much screwed and i am gonna QQ for a year lol…… anet DO NOT DARE to have it like that. I do not want everything to happen from like 24:00-5:30…… That would be IMMERSINGLY stupid. and i would be so mad :P

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Still waiting

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

I for one am glad they’re trying to fix things before releasing rather than releasing it and sending a zillion “new builds” through to fix it in the process. kitten ed if you do kitten ed if you don’t, some of you need to learn patience, goodness. You’d complain just as bad if something was severely messed up in the patch.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

Still waiting

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

oh Lions Arch, i will miss you.

taking a ton of screenshots*

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Still waiting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

This means that the patch is gonna come out in the night of EU. And if this patch is like southsun on one time events we’re pretty much screwed and i am gonna QQ for a year lol…… anet DO NOT DARE to have it like that. I do not want everything to happen from like 24:00-5:30…… That would be IMMERSINGLY stupid. and i would be so mad :P

this x100.

If this happens I will UNSUB… wait… still, I will be very annoyed kitten.

At least Southsun stuff was a weekend event!

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Still waiting

zamalek.2154

You are right. That is the only time you will hear that on the internets. That’s completely plausible. Vol, I think we are on the same team – I just have a slightly different perspective being in a similar industry and all.

Sorry ANet, for losing faith in you. You have a long way to go to reach Valve status – but you are Good Guy Gregs.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these

(edited by zamalek.2154)

Still waiting

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Got a boatload of bagses in EotM while waiting for the patch…there are useful ways of passing the time….

Still waiting

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

π

©

Still waiting

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Should start a poll, what’s worse:

1. A release out after you log out for night.
2. A release in the middle of your time to game.
3. A bugged release.

Not sure anyone minds a release before you log in, but considering the 24 hour clock thats not going to happen to someone.

On a side note, it good that people have passion for the game. But, I would hate to see people react to other companies software updates. Unless its delayed by half year we are still on track.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Still waiting

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

We already figured that most of EU will not see this patch today, but can they at least post the patch notes so we know what where logging into tomorrow.

Still waiting

Posted by: roseria.7695

roseria.7695

What are you suggesting, that I’m a kittenwad jerk?

…You’re right. Oh by Grenth you’re right :’(

Is good i told you isnt it .. so now can we get one with the thread thank you so off topic.

Roserra @ [ATT] – Attuned

Still waiting

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

We already figured that most of EU will not see this patch today, but can they at least post the patch notes so we know what where logging into tomorrow.

They are busy laughing at our EU post’s and posting on Twitter/Facebook…….C’mon they don’t give a rats behind about us EU.

Still waiting

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

π

You win. Though I prefer alternate pi as outlined by Carl Munck to standard pi.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Still waiting

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Look, EVERYTHING is in flux until the patch hits your client… I mean any number of things could change…. Why do you expect they should be able to post patch notes ahead of time?

Just like today, they decided at the last minute to add in all the sigil and rune changes, that is why it is taking so long to get the patch out….

Still waiting

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is rather likely that they are trying to figure out what they can and can’t get into the patch, and thus they can’t really post patch-notes until that is decided (and by then they are most likely also ready to release the patch.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Still waiting

zamalek.2154

They are busy laughing at our EU post’s and posting on Twitter/Facebook…….C’mon they don’t give a rats behind about us EU.

To be fair, these are different teams. I doubt the social networkers in the company are involved in shipping the patch. At the same time, a moment of silence from them would be nice – so make it at least seem as though they are involved (honestly though, in that scenario they would likely be sleeping at their desks because there would be nothing for them to do).

Just like today, they decided at the last minute to add in all the sigil and rune changes, that is why it is taking so long to get the patch out….

They found out that the changes made the rangers balanced… Explains everything.

Auroraglade

Still waiting

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

22:35 now, srsly how long to wait? IM GOING TO WORK AT MORNING and im so hyped about this patch……

Still waiting

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Delays happen, however screwing over EU player base is, well, not nice.
Make the new LS end sooner for NA as a compensation.

Still waiting

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

wait… did they seriously try to jam in the sigil/rune update? That really needs to be it’s own thing Anet. Please tell me they aren’t doing that with a LS update???

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Still waiting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

People are starting to sacrifice themselves in LA by jumping to their deaths… It is getting ugly in LA already…

Still waiting

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

People are starting to sacrifice themselves in LA by jumping to their deaths… It is getting ugly in LA already…

Fiery Greatsword 3 off the tower

Still waiting

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I hope the fps issues are resolved in the same patch.