What is the Molten Jetpack droprate?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Also those who are complaining about the drop rate really need to stop QQing.
The idea behind it was to be a unique item that only a few people have. If everyone could get the jetpack, then everyone would be wearing it and no one would like it because it is not unique. I really like the idea behind limited extremely rare items in the game. I personally was able to buy mine for 60g the day of the patch. I knew the price would double, so I sold everything in my bank just to get one. I don’t think ANET should cater to everyone baby out there who wants everything handed to them.

Which is why the state of the game is so money-centric right now that you don’t see anyone wearing the jetpacks. It’s too much money for most players to turn down.

The jetpack isn’t extremely rare as proved by the amount of them on the trading post by day 3, it’s just that everyone is selling them instead of wearing them.

Simple GW2 math. Limited time + Rare drop = Auction fodder.

It doesn’t matter that there are lots of people running this dungeon back to back in hopes to get one for personal use. People who put in the effort deserve the rewards.

You’re just another forum case of “I have one, so exploiting the economy is ok. Stop crying you have-nots.”

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

Also those who are complaining about the drop rate really need to stop QQing.
The idea behind it was to be a unique item that only a few people have. If everyone could get the jetpack, then everyone would be wearing it and no one would like it because it is not unique. I really like the idea behind limited extremely rare items in the game. I personally was able to buy mine for 60g the day of the patch. I knew the price would double, so I sold everything in my bank just to get one. I don’t think ANET should cater to everyone baby out there who wants everything handed to them.

“Everything handed to them”? If the Jetpack was a reward for doing the dungeon without taking damage and running it over 50 times, I’d be going for that & eventually get it I’m sure. To me that doesn’t sound like getting it handed to me, that just sounds like I want to make progress and actually work towards the goal (ya’ know, with effort) instead of just pressing F at the end and seeing I picked the wrong straw again. I believe making it a super hard achievable goal would do exactly what you said: “The idea behind it was to be a unique item that only a few people have.” Sounds to me like it works & fits your ideals about your purchased ’pack.

Just because people are loaded with coin doesn’t mean we all are. Heavens forbid people want to earn their event rewards inside of the event content, definitely not as fair as playing the numbers game & it just makes us sound like big babies! Don’t give rewards to the people working for them, then it’s not special!

27 runs & counting, no special drop or exotic inscription, clearly fair so far.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kusa.6438

Kusa.6438

Welcome to the world of MMORPGS my friend… It’s not a new concept. Just be glad it’s not an item that offers higher stats base. WoW has done this for pets, mounts, gear, and more. You know how many hours I tried farming holiday/one time events for rare RNG drops there? Or how about the countless hours raiding top tier content to never get the gear I needed/wanted. Trust me, be fortunate on how ANET does their gear and skin system. Plus I’m a casual player, and 60g worth of saved mats over a month or so was easy to get (considering the amount of time I play is far less than most people). So if you consider yourself a dedicated player, I would expect you to have more gold than I.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I don’t really care about the jetpack but I enjoyed SAB’s approach on things. You don’t see people crying about SAB skins is because after running it a billion times and still getting no TPable skins, they were able to buy them from the merchant using “tokens” they worked for. The only people crying about how rare SAB skins are are the ones who want to bank on the money aspect for months in advance.

It’s an American-centric idea. We’re always told that if you work hard enough, you’ll get what you want. Which is why RNG always spits in the face of Western players. IMO, if we get the SAB approach more often, it will make more people happy but it won’t be “giving out candy” (so please naysayers don’t use this line or any other one similar to it to not make yourself look stupid) because you’d be still running the dungeon.

It would be silly if this was the approach for every single thing since some things are just meant to be rare, but I hope ANet takes such an approach in consideration for future events/items because it was truly an amazing idea. You could either get lucky and get a “superior” skin thanks to the RNG, or you could get one just for you after working hard enough. That way it’s actually rewarding to run the dungeon over 9000 billion times and actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. It would make a lot of people happy to see an alternative way to get an item rather than RNG, just like SAB.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Incognito.7820

Incognito.7820

After 30 runs or so, I gave up and had bought the jetpack.
I also wasted about 500 gold worth of greatswords at the mystic forge.
It took me 80 keys to get my first fused ticket.
People who played 1/4 of my time played already got a legendary.
RNG is a pain…
But on the other hand, the fused gloves rewared for finishing the story feel too cheap because everyone can get them without any effort.
I would never wear those instead of my t3 gloves.
All I have to say is that I’ve got mixed feelings about this…

in Flame and Frost

Xalugami.2096

Welcome to the world of MMORPGS my friend… It’s not a new concept. Just be glad it’s not an item that offers higher stats base. WoW has done this for pets, mounts, gear, and more. You know how many hours I tried farming holiday/one time events for rare RNG drops there? Or how about the countless hours raiding top tier content to never get the gear I needed/wanted. Trust me, be fortunate on how ANET does their gear and skin system. Plus I’m a casual player, and 60g worth of saved mats over a month or so was easy to get (considering the amount of time I play is far less than most people). So if you consider yourself a dedicated player, I would expect you to have more gold than I.

I never played WoW for that reason (well, and the sub fee).

I like playing Guild Wars 2 for fun, I like doing the fun things. I may work towards a goal if I want the rewards, but I’ll never being doing something not-fun otherwise. However since my version of fun is exploring the beautiful world, leveling up my crafting, & not running CoF or the Orr train for hours on end like a zombie. I haven’t made more than 20g out of my 2000 hours of /age because I like the game incorrectly.

This grind is already putting me out of my comfort zone, I’m turning into a really jaded player because no matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, RNG says I suck and need to play it better. It’s hard to hold patience for slow groups or need to carry a team because I know I wont be rewarded for it. Every time I open the chest its more of a punishment & the game laughing at me for wasting hours upon hours to get a simple cosmetic I’m dying to have.

I’m fully aware games like WoW exists with endless grind, and most people have certainly played it. Sure, I’m at the lower end who really doesn’t know how bad the grind can get, but think about it like this: GW2 was perfectly fine without timed RNG, and all RNG ever has done is screw you over from other games. Why would you want to defend this sudden inclusion of RNG on temporary content when you can outright say it’s not good? I firmly believe if a player works hard putting their time & effort into something, they should definitely deserve the rewards they seek; not just a kick in the shin by a chest and getting laughed at as you just lost yet another hour of no progression.

Again, I can’t stress enough that stuff like this should be exclusive to permanent content (for treasure hunting, since it’s available forever); while temporary rewards should be obtained by performing specific challenging feats to retain exclusivity (as the RNG could lock them out for the whole event).
Just think, everyone selling a Jetpack definitely didn’t want theirs, while everyone actually grinding for the Jetpack can’t even get closer to getting one. It looks so stupid looking at it this way.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

“In Guild Wars 2, everybody should have access to every item.”

It should be that way. Everybody should have access to it, granted they play well.

Everyone has. It is in the auction house. Stop whining about RNG and drop rates and buy the stuff you dont get. So simple.

GRANTED THEY PLAY WELL.

I’ll whine about RNG till the day it’s gone, and I will not buy the stuff I don’t get. So simple. Now go be a fanboy somewhere else, I heard CoD is in great need of people like you. Quit defending bad design.

If you read my posts, you will find out you sound like an idiot for calling me a fanboy. I spend most of the time in this forum criticizing this game, since it has major flaws (like being a grindy, generic mmo, with a poor pool of skills, badly designed dungeons and so on).

If someone “plays well” he/she will get enough money from other contents and will be able to buy the stuff. It is in the auction house. it is not osulbound. RNG is the best system (not invented by Anet nor NC$oft) around so far and it wont be gone (go play WoW if you prefer tokens). You can whine all you want. My 3 years old nephew also does it when she doesnt get what she wants. But she sounds more mature than you.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sinanju.8456

Sinanju.8456

I don’t want to sound like one of those guys but Jesus you guys cry about everything you can’t get. If you want it bad enough just keep running it til you get it or save your gold and buy it. I want those infused gloves but can’t get them because I missed the event. I’m not crying about it. You won’t get everything you want and I know it sucks but you don’t have to come to the forums and cry about it everytime.

So what is “bad enough”? The guy that got a 2nd special drop on his 4th run must have been playing it so hard to get those. Here I am starting my 26th run and I haven’t even gotten an exotic inscription, much less a special drop.
That’s like being paid with lottery tickets. Maybe you’ll get the money you want, maybe you’ll just go hungry until the next one, it’s all fair though!

RNG is a terrible system to put in with limited content, all this does is sour the experience for dedicated players who want to earn special items. No matter how many times you run this (my goal is 65 at minimum), you still could end up with absolutely nothing. If they added tokens or something, even just a set drop % at different run thresholds, this would be so much more fair for those who seek to acquire something.

It’s understandable that you can deal with not getting the Fused Gloves because you missed the progression required to obtain them, it had a bar to achieve & you didn’t fill it up. But here I am already working on dumping my 26th hour of life into a game, and I’m probably not getting anything from it again. No possible way to gauge progress on this.

What’s your point? I’m on my 40th run now and I’ll keep doing it til I get it. If not I’ll buy one so I don’t see why you have to cry about it.

(Engineer) Sayonara Memory

in Flame and Frost

Xalugami.2096

What’s your point? I’m on my 40th run now and I’ll keep doing it til I get it. If not I’ll buy one so I don’t see why you have to cry about it.

My point is that you should get rewarded for effort & playing the event in order to get rewards exclusive to the event, not for picking straws. I too will continue running this dungeon, but it’s just not fun or enjoyable when your effort & time isn’t getting rewarded (and while the clock is ticking down). RNG on temporary content sours the experience for players who wish to obtain the item(s). Like I mentioned above, not everyone has that amount of coin to just buy it right off the TP either.

Getting event items should be left for playing through the event & easily able to gauge your progress on your tasks (like looking at a bar for an achievement track, also this doesn’t mean easily completed either). Not playing the lotto or just running CoF; leave this to the stuff that stays in-game so you always have a choice to grind or buy.

I honestly cannot see a positive side to RNG-only inside temporary content. Can one of you guys please at least explain why this is a good thing compared to doing special tasks and working towards a goal in the event.
Usually when I think of event items I’d imagine “Wow, he was there during x and he was able to do y!”, but this stuff is like “Oh, must of played TP/CoF or pressed F and hit the jackpot, can’t believe I’ve still yet to get anything…”.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Run the dungeon 5 times now. Only inscriptions and recipes to show for my effort. I would like the Jetpack myself for my Charr Warrior (just imagine, a giant Charr kitty flying around going “WAHOOOO!” At least, in my mind), but I won’t be that upset if I don’t get it, and I’m certainly not going to spend the 150 gold it would take to buy it on the AH. I’ll continue to try my luck once each day until the dungeon goes away though.

Personally I think ANet should have taken a page from the SAB and created account bound versions of the Jetpack (and maybe the Mini too) that you could obtain by trading in tokens earned from the Molten Facility, while leaving Rare skinned versions in the chest that are tradable on the AH.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

I suspect that the jetpack will come down in price as more people start speed running the dungeon and as more people find out about these rare rewards, such as myself.

I didn’t know about the jetpack until this post. I visit the forum often and keep myself relatively informed, however I haven’t visited this subforum much. I’m sure there are more like myself that will find out about this in the next few days and begin spamming the dungeon. I’ve done it 3 times just to help friends, but with this information I’ll now be speed running it as much as possible until it’s gone. The dungeon seems easy enough I imagine zerk runs could clear it with good time.

Are there any other very rare exclusive items that drop in the dungeon?

Not true. The Jetpack is a random drop from this dungeon. This dungeon will be gone on the 12th. So its only going to skyrocket as soon as the 12th rolls around. I think each dungeon in going to have its own special drop. So if you really want it, you better get it now… because 100g is the low end of what its going to cost in the future.

It will probably rise as you say before the event ends, but I suspect it will crash hard within a week just like the SAB skins, it usually takes multiple months for those to rise like Halloween skins are finally doing. Most people buying those backpacks are merchants/flippers, not legitimate owners. I seen one guy trying to bid buy 10 of them… 1/6th of the ones listed. I suspect a crash like everything else.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Bob.8456

Bob.8456

I just got one to drop, ran maybe 6 or 7 times. Before everyone hates know that I tried for years over thousands of runs for the kitten mini wintersday bear in GW1 and got nothing, so ANet owes me. : )

The run that got it was a miserable one too, nearly 2 hours in which I almost quit several times and ended up soloing the last part of both bosses. 3 of the people were also new so I had to type out instructions at every step and I also showed them to the karma items…talk about karma.

I also only noticed that I had gotten it while at the vendor.

Good luck to everyone trying.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

doesn’t sound like anet being to unfair. If this place is farmable then that means they are giving us a chance to find 1 and not run on blind luck with a fixed 12 runs.

#ELEtism

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Personally I don’t mind RNG items. What I do mind is RNG, account bound, limited-time availability items.

I’d be quite happy doing the dungeon over and over again for the rewards I want. But that’s not an option because it’s only here for 12 days (9 of them weekdays) and believe it or not I’d can’t spend all that time playing a game.

Alternatively I’d be happy to save up and buy it on the trading post from someone who got lucky and doesn’t want it. Or trade a reward I don’t want for one I do. (For example I want the mini, not too bothered about the jet pack and knowing my luck that’s what I’ll get.) But that’s not an option either.

I don’t know why they do it this way. It would be much better if instead of dumping some gloves on everyone and restricting the other rewards to luck they let us trade our token in for whichever reward we want. Those who want the gloves can have them and those who want another cosmetic reward can have that instead.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: NSKaneda.1026

NSKaneda.1026

I did the dungeon 20 times so far and I have not seen it drop even once.
I want it baad (being a life-long dieselpunk genre fan) and I plan on farming more during this week but kitten drop rate could’ve been a bit higher

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

RNG is killing the game.

A token system would’ve been better than this crap, even if it meant a 30+ times of grinding through that same dungeon. At least then you’d KNOW you were making progress.

This. Why the hell didn’t they keep the reward structure of SAB. At least that way, if we really wanted one of the items (in this case the jetpack and mini), all we had to do was run the dungeon X amount of times. Instead we get more kitten RNG with really low drop rates, which wouldn’t have been so bad if they had made this dungeon permanent.

35-40 runs in and still no jetpack/mini, only more kitten silk inscriptions. >:(

My point is that you should get rewarded for effort & playing the event in order to get rewards exclusive to the event, not for picking straws. I too will continue running this dungeon, but it’s just not fun or enjoyable when your effort & time isn’t getting rewarded (and while the clock is ticking down). RNG on temporary content sours the experience for players who wish to obtain the item(s). Like I mentioned above, not everyone has that amount of coin to just buy it right off the TP either.

Getting event items should be left for playing through the event & easily able to gauge your progress on your tasks (like looking at a bar for an achievement track, also this doesn’t mean easily completed either). Not playing the lotto or just running CoF; leave this to the stuff that stays in-game so you always have a choice to grind or buy.

I honestly cannot see a positive side to RNG-only inside temporary content. Can one of you guys please at least explain why this is a good thing compared to doing special tasks and working towards a goal in the event.
Usually when I think of event items I’d imagine “Wow, he was there during x and he was able to do y!”, but this stuff is like “Oh, must of played TP/CoF or pressed F and hit the jackpot, can’t believe I’ve still yet to get anything…”.

Can’t agree more.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: NoobOnSteroid.7192

NoobOnSteroid.7192

I am against more tokens, because seriously I am drowning in all sorts of tokens and it’s not going to stop.

However, as I usually do in threads like this, I’m a strong advocate of smart RNG with a feedback mechanism. This means that per account, the game will remember the amount of times you have failed to acquire something, and adjust the droprate accordingly (either linear or exponentially).

Example: say your current loot table simply has a 1% droprate for item x. That means the game “rolls” a random number on a 100-sided dice and you get the item when the game rolls 100, and get something else when the game rolls another number.

Now in comes an extra value “Y”, which remembers the amount of times the dice has been rolled for your account. This system is implemented only for the rarest of items, and aimed to increase your chances. The higher your value “Y”, the higher your chances of getting the rare items at the next loot event.

If they would normally implement 30 tokens to get the rare item: to achieve the same thing through smart RNG, your loot table chance should be modified from the original 1% to (1.166^Y)%. This exponential function will reach 100% when Y=30.

The value of Y is of course reset to 0 when you loot said rare item.

(edited by NoobOnSteroid.7192)

in Flame and Frost

skullmount.1758

I am against more tokens, because seriously I am drowning in all sorts of tokens and it’s not going to stop.

However, as I usually do in threads like this, I’m a strong advocate of smart RNG with a feedback mechanism. This means that per account, the game will remember the amount of times you have failed to acquire something, and adjust the droprate accordingly (either linear or exponentially).

Example: say your current loot table simply has a 1% droprate for item x. That means the game “rolls” a random number on a 100-sided dice and you get the item when the game rolls 100, and get something else when the game rolls another number.

Now in comes an extra value “Y”, which remembers the amount of times the dice has been rolled for your account. This system is implemented only for the rarest of items, and aimed to increase your chances. The higher your value “Y”, the higher your chances of getting the rare items at the next loot event.

If they would normally implement 30 tokens to get the rare item: to achieve the same thing through smart RNG, your loot table chance should be modified from the original 1% to (1.166^Y)%. This exponential function will reach 100% when Y=30.

The value of Y is of course reset to 0 when you loot said rare item.

Thats a lot of stored data and computations. It would kind of be nice if it worked that, I guess. As much as I don’t really want another token (since I’m already out of space in maxed bank), I would prefer them, since its something I can actually see/have and gauge how long till I get the reward I’m after.

Darkhaven server

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I suspect that the jetpack will come down in price as more people start speed running the dungeon and as more people find out about these rare rewards, such as myself.

I didn’t know about the jetpack until this post. I visit the forum often and keep myself relatively informed, however I haven’t visited this subforum much. I’m sure there are more like myself that will find out about this in the next few days and begin spamming the dungeon. I’ve done it 3 times just to help friends, but with this information I’ll now be speed running it as much as possible until it’s gone. The dungeon seems easy enough I imagine zerk runs could clear it with good time.

Not true. The Jetpack is a random drop from this dungeon. This dungeon will be gone on the 12th. So its only going to skyrocket as soon as the 12th rolls around. I think each dungeon in going to have its own special drop. So if you really want it, you better get it now… because 100g is the low end of what its going to cost in the future.

That’s what I’m saying. I think the price will drop as we near the cut off date for the dungeon. Then of course the price will go up after that.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: DoggyPaddler.3586

DoggyPaddler.3586

Lol, im probably on my 15th run no jetpack… all good bc if and when I do get a jet pack gonna stroll around looking decked out. That being said gonna be hella jealous when I dont get one. IF everyone got one just bc they tried hard enough then these jet packs would be all over the place… RNG… love hate relationship depending on if its in your favour or against.

Bermier/Thor Göd of Thunder [BSW]-SBI
(Substitute Commander/Loot collector/
Frontline pinyata/ Dancing partner)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

That’s what I’m saying. I think the price will drop as we near the cut off date for the dungeon. Then of course the price will go up after that.

It definitely worked that way with the Lost Shores minis. The price was lowest on the Sunday of the event and went up steadily after that.

Of course they still drop extremely rarely from karka which restricted the max price a bit.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

If someone “plays well” he/she will get enough money from other contents and will be able to buy the stuff.

Nope, unless under playing u mean sick mindless cof grind.
And another lame thing – there is no way to get pvp jetpack version via pvp. =-/

(edited by Shadow of Azrael.1205)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

The real answer no matter what the real rate is for the item is that is to low for a limited time item based off of RNG. There are multiple reasons for this and all of them reek.

A: Many players do not get to spam the dungeon and have a limited amount of time to try at all for said item.

B: Yes, they can buy it for gold but due to the rate being so low the market is cornered by the top 1% player base of the game. Who purchase mass amounts of the time item to sell later and keep the price of it high. (The kinda players that hoard money till they get to max and will never spend it all or even come close. They will quit the game years later with max cash left to rot.)

C: Leaves the players feeling annoyed and letdown. These players often leave for a few weeks or play less for awhile due to this annoyance with the game. This also effects their desire to give the game any money in appreciation of an event even if the overall design was good.

D: Limits the customization that many players desire for multiple characters and forces them to at most get just one of a said item. Sometimes they use it on the wrong character and it invokes disappointed sadness, etc. Causes the same issues noted above.

There really is no reason for the rate to be so low. The event is a one of a time thing and down the road even months? Many peeps will have swapped for other items, deleted it, deleted it by accident, and more. So you will see less of any given item due to such things down the road. The rate should have at least been high enough to mess up the control the 1% economy hoarders have.

(edited by KorKor.9452)

in Flame and Frost

skullmount.1758

The real answer no matter what the real rate is for the item is that is to low for a limited time item based off of RNG. There are multiple reasons for this and all of them reek.

A: Many players do not get to spam the dungeon and have a limited amount of time to try at all for said item.

B: Yes, they can by it for gold but due to the rate being so low the market is cornered by the top 1% player base of the game. Who purchase mass amounts of the time item to sell later and keep the price of it high. (The kinda players that hoard money till they get to max and will never spend it all or even come close. They will quit the game years later with max cash left to rot.)

C: Leaves the players feeling annoyed and letdown. These players often leave for a few weeks or play less for awhile due to this annoyance with the game. This also effects their desire to give the game any money in appreciation of an event even if the overall design was good.

D: Limits the customization that many players desire for multiple characters and forces them to at most get just one of a said item. Sometimes they use it on the wrong character and it invokes disappointed sadness, etc. Causes the same issues noted above.

There really is no reason for the rate to be so low. The event is a one of a time thing and down the road even months? Many peeps will have swapped for other items, deleted it, deleted it by accident, and more. So you will see less of any given item due to such things down the road. The rate should have at least been high enough to mess up the control the 1% economy hoarders have.

Never thought of some of those reasons, but I do have to agree with them all. I know I’m starting to feel C, and will definitely probably do something like that if they keep doing this with RNG based rewards to temporary content.

Darkhaven server

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

ANet is a milking company consolidated with GW2 event-releases. U guys expect more from them even after so many events were done like this?

They make p2p games look 10 times better.

Find anything fun in this game, i bet u anything they will nerf it and introduce a new gem item that does the same thing as pre-nerf. That’s how hungry they are.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I was liking the living story a lot, until I started to try and get the jetpack. Knowing I only got a limited time to try and get it is only making me hate this timed exclusive events more, especially that I can’t even get on all day to try and get it with real life and end of semester projects due around this time >.<

Now I’m not saying I just want it hand over, but I want some way to know that I was progressing in some way and getting closer to getting it would have been good. Like, say, a jetpack that cost 20 dungeon tokens but you were only getting one per run.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Stuff like this need to work like the fractal backpack; i.e. you work hard at different things and build it yourself. It isn’t handed to you purley with RNG.

Until they start making rare exclusive stuff that you actually have to WORK to achieve, i’m going to continue with the strategy i’ve learned since halloween:

1. Build up gold through running meta event and bosses, selling exotics and ectos if need be.
2. When a new, exclusive item drops from a limited time event. BUY IT ON THE TP IMMEDIATELY, even if its expensive because the price will only go up.
3. Profit.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zen.9137

Zen.9137

I run this dungeon on average 5 times a day, and have run it every day since its release and have not gotten a mini or the jetpack, just two recipes for the Infinite ‘Zerker Tonic. And a bunch of rare and exotic inscriptions. And a lot of trash loot. Which after selling on TP and vendor comes to roughly around 20 something gold. And I have a full set of exotic sentinel’s gear and weapons.

So yeah, no jetpack.

But still gonna run at least 5 times a day
Because loot is loot.
Gold is gold.

Bad Was Heizenberg / Sylvari Engineer / Ehmry Bay

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

The trader in me says it’s wonderful that it’s RNG – as I nabbed a bunch early relatively cheap and can resell them later for 3 or 4 times the price.

However I was under the impression this was the exact thing that arenanet wanted to avoid in their dungeons; the idea of a token system was that if you had an item you REALLY wanted, you could get the item without having to keep throwing a dice and crossing your fingers?

Oh well… “not my problem” – but I do sympathise and hope they rethink the RNG strategy.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Heyowyth Winden.4320

Heyowyth Winden.4320

Seems to me a fair way to do it would be to increase the RNG droprate per user upon each successful completion of the dungeon. If it was 3% the first time, it should be 5% the second, 7% the third etc. That way it’s still random, but less random. That seems to reward those who put in the time while not giving it away.

Beneath the shadow of night a chilling breeze whispers…the people await a hero…
Hope still flies and upon its’ wings
rides Heyowyth Winden.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i have absolutely no problem with droprate being low and with the backpack being hard to get but PLEASE NOT if it can only drop in a dungeon which is only there for ~2 weeks and after that it cant be found anymore…
And we cant even know if the dungeon will come back because no dev says anything about it and even if it comes back then we dont know if the backpack comes back too..

I have no problem with working for it for a longer time but i cant work for it because it can only be found for 2 weeks and after that there is no new supply but still demand and the price will rise…

All we would need to know is if the dungeon will come back some day and if the chance to get it will come back with the dungeon…
but the way it is now is just stupid in my opinion….
if it wont come back then the backpack is rarer then any legendary… because legendaries can be created again and again but the backpack could not be found anymore so in theory it would be worth more than a legendary ^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Flame and Frost

laharl.8435

At least it’s sellable. I don’t see people complaining that certain expensive items don’t drop. Things like Commander’s Compendium, Icy Runestones, T3 Cultural etc.

You don’t even have a chance to get these items for free by random chance. You have to buy them. Sure they’re a flat rate, but the people in this thread know they want a jetpack and right now it’s about the same price as these items.

You have 2 weeks to try to get one with RNG, if you don’t get it you have the option to buy.

in Flame and Frost

Orangensaft.7139

At least it’s sellable. I don’t see people complaining that certain expensive items don’t drop. Things like Commander’s Compendium, Icy Runestones, T3 Cultural etc.

You don’t even have a chance to get these items for free by random chance. You have to buy them. Sure they’re a flat rate, but the people in this thread know they want a jetpack and right now it’s about the same price as these items.

You have 2 weeks to try to get one with RNG, if you don’t get it you have the option to buy.

lol
you cant compare this in any way to Tier3 Armor / icy runestones /commander tag
because we know that these things can always be bought and always have the same price
but the backpack may rise to several hundred golds if it can not be found ever again after this dungeon…

26x lvl 80 Characters

in Flame and Frost

laharl.8435

lol
because we know that these things can always be bought and always have the same price
but the backpack may rise to several hundred golds if it can not be found ever again after this dungeon…

You can buy the jetpack right now for a similar price to all those other items. Even when the price goes up, it’s still something to work for. People in this thread are saying there is no progression toward getting the jetpack, but there is, it’s sellable.

Sure people down who haven’t started the game yet may not have a chance to get this item in the future. But everyone in this thread can get it.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

IMO they should have added in something to where if you do X runs you’ll at least get one mini/backpack for certain (acc bound). Even if X is 50 runs (which I have done more than but still no mini/backpack).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Flame and Frost

Orangensaft.7139

lol

You can buy the jetpack right now for a similar price to all those other items. Even when the price goes up, it’s still something to work for. People in this thread are saying there is no progression toward getting the jetpack, but there is, it’s sellable.

Sure people down who haven’t started the game yet may not have a chance to get this item in the future. But everyone in this thread can get it.

180g is not similar to other ones… :/

26x lvl 80 Characters

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

lol

180g is not similar to other ones… :/

This is due to the bit I mentioned in an earlier post dealing with the 1% that control the market of very low drop rate items. They ruin the market so they can hoard gold they will never fully ever spend.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

It is also just plain silly that you aren’t able to work towards the jetpack by doing the actual dungeon it comes from. The MF is definitely not a place for gold farming.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Just did my 44+ (44 recpies, and the “+” because sometimes you get cores) run and a guy who was doing his second run got the jetpack.

Talk about demoralizing.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

Haha, HAHAHHAHAHAHA!
Ive done more than 70 runs, no jetpack.

Also ive stumbled upon a most fun thing ever!
Since ive decided to take a list of the thing i get ive noticed that for the last 25 runs ive gotten the same things.
Everything the same, for 25 runs… you cant even imagine the rage and insanity, nothing is even changing.

What kind of rigged bullkitten is this Anet?
Ive spent so much time in this, pulling so much dead weight, soloing Fred an Barney more times than i want to recall due to useless puggies.

And i get the middle finger.
Im going to continue to run this as i do normally, but not cause i hope anything will change no.

I made a game out of seeing how many ritual bags i can stack up till this dungeon is over.
You know how much i have atm?!
199 hvy ritual and 232 hvy mining bags!
^this is the only thing keeping me in your crummy RNG infested hellhole of a dungeon.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Getting heated in here, I think a fight might break out if you aren’t careful!

In all seriousness, it’s one item you’re going to miss out on.. but not everyone will miss out, so don’t worry! Yet again people making such a big deal over the little things…

We make a big deal because we want the item but can’t get it due to luck not being on our side. They had it right when they made SAB, so they should of known to do it again that way. but no, Anet doesn’t think.

One could argue that they had it in development before SAB, but then one could counter that with wintersday. They had it right then too since you were able to get the weapon skins through the jumping puzzle tokens..

All we want is a way to get the stuff they make for our characters, and all Anet wants is to make it as kittening difficult as possible to get anything in this game. A guy in one of my guilds has been trying to get a legendary for 4 months and still hasn’t gotten one, I’ve ran molten facility almost 20 times and nothing.. I’m going to be running it until the event is over and probably not get it still.. Oh and I heard a rumor that someone bought ALL the JP’s and put them up for more money..

The little things matter dude. It can turn people off of a game completely.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Haha, HAHAHHAHAHAHA!
Ive done more than 70 runs, no jetpack.

Also ive stumbled upon a most fun thing ever!
Since ive decided to take a list of the thing i get ive noticed that for the last 25 runs ive gotten the same things.
Everything the same, for 25 runs… you cant even imagine the rage and insanity, nothing is even changing.

What kind of rigged bullkitten is this Anet?
Ive spent so much time in this, pulling so much dead weight, soloing Fred an Barney more times than i want to recall due to useless puggies.

And i get the middle finger.
Im going to continue to run this as i do normally, but not cause i hope anything will change no.

I made a game out of seeing how many ritual bags i can stack up till this dungeon is over.
You know how much i have atm?!
199 hvy ritual and 232 hvy mining bags!
^this is the only thing keeping me in your crummy RNG infested hellhole of a dungeon.

you sir, win the internets! Toasts for a Week in the name of Djemo!!!

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Dracc.2457

Dracc.2457

60+ runs so far and it dropped once-ofc not for me…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Too low, that’s what.

:’-(

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

Just entered on an alt for the first time, got a recipe for that beserker tonic the first run, and like 5 rares in that 1 run.
This requires further testing with the rest of my 4 alts.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Iluzija.1798

Iluzija.1798

Done this dungeon over 40 times now and what have I got to show for it? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Thanks for that anet, you really need to get out of your love relationship with RNG seriously your just alienating people now.

The rich rule the market, poor get doodle squat and are forces in grinding for hours on end. Could of been a remotely good dungeon had RNG not been in the equation. Better get your act together.

Oh yeah after all those runs I’ve never even seen a single exotic insignia, I just want to scream but it feels like I’m talking to a brick wall when it comes to anet and their love for RNG.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

I’m very found of the Token system for the regular dungeons. A shame they didn’t used the same system for this great rewards!

Something like the SAB would be nice too: Token for acc bounded item, rare drop for selling. Those with the cash would be happy to by them, those with the time would be willing to make the dungeon knowing that they’ll get their reward even if they don’t drop it.

Personaly I would love the Jetpack for my Charr, but I don’t have the time (or even the guts) to farm the dungeon endlessly or the resourses to buy it, as I’m a casual player.

So I shall stick with my regular back and, maybe one day, the price will come down and I will be able to buy it.

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

I just finished a 2+ hour MF run.

It was probably what would be considered the worst run I have ever been on. I did not bail, I did not give up, I did not yell at the other players. In fact, I activated the fabled “man mode” and tried to be as absolutely helpful as possible, giving advice with a friendly smile – – while making sure everyone was ressed, buffed, projectiles deflected, dps boosted…

Many wipes later when the bosses were finally dead, after more than 40 runs of this dungeon since it was added – the chest decided to rub some extra salt in the wound and gave me the yellow insignia, yet another recipe for food, a glass of purple drink and a handful of change on the nightstand.

I don’t want to be an elitist prick, but this RNG is certainly explaining why the game is currently careening off of ‘LF4M ZERKER WARS, EXPERIENCED ONLY’ cliff. When a drop rate is so low, you only want to get through it as fast as possible to have more chances.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sinanju.8456

Sinanju.8456

You got the gloves for the exclusive event so I still don’t see why you must have the jetpack too and I don’t mean that in a bad way. If everything was like that then we wouldn’t have anything that says hey look at me I have something rare. You see the molten gloves all over the game and and I don’t want to see the jetpack like that or every event item that comes out. After about 60 runs I got one and I bought one just before I got it because I didn’t think I would get one. Now, I have two. I saved up most of my gold and sold alot of the stuff you got from molten to buy them. It’s not that hard really. I have a full time job, a gf and life outside gw so it is possible for anyone to get them.

You also have to look at it from a business side as well. If all the event items were like that anet wouldn’t make any money off of it. People really pay gold just so they can have those rare items and that pushes for more events so in my eyes it’s a win win. Honestly, I respect everything you said but we probably won’t see eye to eye and that’s fine. If that was the case the world would be perfect wouldn’t it?

(Engineer) Sayonara Memory

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Mech.6579

Mech.6579

I don’t know as a player that I mean I love this game and I have 8 lvl 80’s but I mean the rarest drop I’ve ever gotten is superior rune of divinity. I’ve never gotten a precursor hell I’ve spent 460 ectos on mystic clovers and only have gotten 40 so I’ve just come to the conclusion that gw2 hates me or that somehow my drop chance is worse than everyone elses….