What is the Molten Jetpack droprate?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I know some people don’t like this. But I have one chance to become a rich player. That was to take advantage of the RNG and buy the jetpack on the TP. I may sell it when it reaches around 500g.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

It does help. I’ve ran this dungeon about 60 to 70 times now and made about 70 to 80g and had the other 40 just sitting there and bought it. So your logic doesn’t make sense.

Good for you.

…and what about everyone that doesn’t receive your wonderful mystical drop rates to make any money?

My luck isn’t that great so you don’t have to complain about it. You almost make a gold a run and that’s with no mf on.

How about save your gold and stop spending it?

I’m not here to fight with anyone. I’m just stating that if you keep running it you’ll have enough gold to almost buy it. Don’t buy now just put a bid on it.

I’d like proof please, because I’m certainly not earning a gold a run in any dungeon. 15 silver from the end, guaranteed 2 chests, one guaranteed blue from the champion…

everything else is mostly greys or nothing.

Also subtract repairs for every time the group wants to do berserker first.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

It does help. I’ve ran this dungeon about 60 to 70 times now and made about 70 to 80g and had the other 40 just sitting there and bought it. So your logic doesn’t make sense.

Good for you.

…and what about everyone that doesn’t receive your wonderful mystical drop rates to make any money?

My luck isn’t that great so you don’t have to complain about it. You almost make a gold a run and that’s with no mf on.

How about save your gold and stop spending it?

I’m not here to fight with anyone. I’m just stating that if you keep running it you’ll have enough gold to almost buy it. Don’t buy now just put a bid on it.

I’d like proof please, because I’m certainly not earning a gold a run in any dungeon. 15 silver from the end, guaranteed 2 chests, one guaranteed blue from the champion…

everything else is mostly greys or nothing.

Also subtract repairs for every time the group wants to do berserker first.

Mine the ore inside, and kill more things, thats all I can really suggest. I’d say at least 1g easy in there.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

How can anyone here have done 100+ runs without wanting to claw their eyes out? I’ve only done it fifteen and I can barely stomach it anymore. Jesus.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Well about 40th run here.Still no jet pack.RNG is a cruel god when someone in my group claim that got 3 rd jetpack on thier 20th run

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lifelost.5627

Lifelost.5627

If this is the future of GW2 content, count me out.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lord of Madness.2603

Lord of Madness.2603

I have now ran the dungeon 108 times. I have received None of the rare dungeon specific items. I have ran this dungeon every day for 12-18 hours a day Hoping to get just one jet pack. It seems an impossible task for me.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Temporary content + rng = guaranteed rage.
If i had spent that time doing CoF runs, i would probably have already bought it. Such is the absurdity of this situation.

I’ve been doing CoF runs for like maybe 3 days? should of done them all week because I’m very close to one now

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Yep, pretty much the straw that broke the camels back for me. Every MMO I’ve played back to EQ gave people an equal chance at getting the loot from temporary events. You may have had to stand in a line and farm the mob, but kitten at least you were guaranteed the item.

I’ll still play here and there, but this will no longer be my go to game. I’m not sinking time into a game or caring about one that burns the people that actually care about the content.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Candacis.7048

Candacis.7048

I did 50+ runs and I didn’t get mini or jetpack. At this point in the event I really want it to just be over and be gone, because every time I run this dungeon I only end up disappointed and it isn’t helping that there is always the same stuff in the chest (at least for me).
At first I was excited and I liked the dungeon a lot, but now I’m just frustated with it. I got really good at the dungeon, I can solo the boss and that’s all fine, but I don’t get one sense of accomplishment from it, because at the end there is one chest and it always contains the same for me. The game doesn’t care if I’m good at something, luck is the only thing that counts.
I continue running the dungeon, weirdly thinking that RNG is something that I can overcome like difficult fights if I only try hard enough.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

Im in my 100+ runs now.
Dungeons closing tommorow, and im more than happy.

Since the first day the game was released till this point i have never been more drawn away from this game.
This dungeon was fun, very fun for the first 25ish runs.

I cant believe i actually ran it so many times, i feel dirty.
I dunno at what point is it getting closed tomorrow but if i can squeeze a run or to more i will, as a final goodbye to this fruitless dump.

I sincerely hope you wont do these kind of things in the upcoming Southshun content.
But then who am i kidding, this hellhole brought more ppl into the addiction than anything else, i can bet on that.

At least give us a month minimum before you shove this horrid grind back in our faces, and make it less soul crushing this time around.

Edit:
Oh and also, 387 hvy miner bags and 332 hvy ritual bags.
Yeah…

(edited by Djemo.7153)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lord of Madness.2603

Lord of Madness.2603

I’m sure I’m around about 120+ runs at this point.

I hate this dungeon. at first I loved it, it was awesome. I loved the art the voice acting the characters and design. After running it 120+ times I can confidently say I hate it. I hate all of it. every single aspect that exists inside it and near it. Every time I run I know I’m going to be met with disappointment and anger while others get the mini and the jet pack on their first two tries and rub it in my face. I can solo the bosses without even trying now. I can predict the entire dungeon just by the first combination of opponents in the digging tunnel. I can tell you every word spoke in the dungeon from memory now. I have been awake for around 48 hours of straight game play. every run someone other than me finds a jet pack and I’m slowly coming to hate myself. for ever wanting this jet pack and even entering this dungeon.

Ill be up for about 20 or so more hours farming this dungeon. Ill ether find the jet pack and stop. the event will end. Or Ill suffer another Micro stroke and have to go to the hospital because of lack of sleep and stress… wish me luck.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: CrossFire.8037

CrossFire.8037

The game doesn’t care if I’m good at something, luck is the only thing that counts.

This is the problem i have. It doesn’t take into account how well the group performed in the dungeon. Did the group do the dungeon without wiping? Did anyone die? Did the group finish the dungeon at a decent time?

I’ve been around long enough to know what RNG is about, so i guess i can’t really complain. It is what it is, i just wish people were rewarded by their skill, not luck.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

The game doesn’t care if I’m good at something, luck is the only thing that counts.

This is the problem i have. It doesn’t take into account how well the group performed in the dungeon. Did the group do the dungeon without wiping? Did anyone die? Did the group finish the dungeon at a decent time?

I’ve been around long enough to know what RNG is about, so i guess i can’t really complain. It is what it is, i just wish people were rewarded by their skill, not luck.

If the dungeon gave you the jetpack each time you soloed the bosses, by now id have 10 for each of my characters…

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ryu.1368

Ryu.1368

If the dungeon gave you the jetpack each time you soloed the bosses, by now id have 10 for each of my characters…

And if this were true, you’d very well deserve them.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: CrossFire.8037

CrossFire.8037

Which is a good thing. You’ve mastered the temporary dungeon ANET has released and you shall be rewarded by recieving the jetpack or minipet. You earned it through effort, not luck.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Which is a good thing. You’ve mastered the temporary dungeon ANET has released and you shall be rewarded by recieving the jetpack or minipet. You earned it through effort, not luck.

No just with more recipies of random stuff (and around 5 of the tonic ones). Still the kitten bosses never really got old for me, not after 20, not after 50, not at around the 100ish runs i went trough (stopped counting on 70).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ProgenitorX.3908

ProgenitorX.3908

Have done the dungeon on average twice a day for the mini and have nothing to show for it. It was fun the first few times but after 20+ runs trying to get the Mini, it kinda ruined the whole Living Story thing for me. Rewards from these events should all be account bound, non-RNG (tokens from the dungeon would have been perfect).

The people who want to have pieces of GW2 history suffer (either by wasting time or hard earned gold) while the traders who couldn’t care what the item was from make bank.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Pretty much. They need to stop abusing rng. Either that, or middle finger to this sodding game.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sandbenders.5027

Sandbenders.5027

I ran the dungeon about 40 times. Of the three major items I got 2 tonic recipes. I don’t want them to give way the items but do a middle-ground: you can have the luck and get the items or/and get a token for completion. After 30 or so you can trade them for an item.

Now what saddens me is seeing a buddy of mine get a jetpack on our very first run and another on 10th, sold them both for 250g profit. I’m glad for him, just wish I had same luck.

(edited by Sandbenders.5027)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

I got a jetpack on my 6th run.
I’m also glad it’s so rare, keeps the prices high.

// Own interest above general interest.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

^ lucky SoB…….

1 – Tonic recipe
3 – exotic insig
9 – exotic inscript
11 – rare insig
24 – rare inscript
43 – cooking recipes (min of 2 of each type)
2-4 Glacial cores
——
95runs (if going with max)

I saw the Mini drop once for someone in my party. Thanks RNG/Anet would have loved a chance / token per run towards getting either the Mini or Jumppack.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: tiguere.3159

tiguere.3159

Pretty much. They need to stop abusing rng. Either that, or middle finger to this sodding game.

They can see our accounts (Anet) and see how we are true to our word.

Crap content comes out that is restricted to unemployed and whale-type consumers, and they see that I have not been playing like I was last year.

This “Living Story” was my final test for them. The slow boring kitten start, (seriously takes 3 months for the Charr to declare war? bull), the drawn out nothingness of the content, and the finale with should have been the first patch months ago. There was no reason to drawn the content out. Instead, we should have had these months to do all of the content.

I had 12 days to get into the Molten Fac. Sorry, but I work and play games on my leisure time. I don’t live at the keyboard. I can’t afford to. Every 2-3 weeks is when I have freetime to truly play. This game does not cater to me. That drop rate was far too gone for me to even have a chance. Luck is not a game I play.

WoW, in all its cartoony garishness at least allowed me to get the special events done on the day I could play and I got my reward. Or the drop rates were high enough to logically say “I can get this after 20 or so runs”. Or, “this is really really rare… I might need to try next year”. All were valid.

GW2 though is a one-off that benefits those who manipulate the market. My friend is one of the ones manipulating the market. Buys low, hold the items, marks them up, sells high. He’s in my guild. Has stock piles of Halloween Tonics, SAB weapons, and now the Jetpack and Jetpack mini….

You don’t need to be good at the game. Anet designed it to be greedy. You need to be greedy to get what you want, OR you need to spend money to buy gold, through Anet of course….

Want to earn it through hard work? Diminishing Returns is there for you! Anet will stop you dead to force the gem store to work its magic….

Anet doesn’t seem to learn from the past that people want to earn things (Bauble Bubbles allowed this) and not fight RNG (Gem Store Keys are crap). All these sonic periscopes and mementos should have bought us our skins (like 1000 or whatever of them) if we weren’t lucky enough to get a drop.

Or our Laurels for the month the content is available in…

The only way I can honestly look at Anet as not a greedy money grab is if they make the time travel aspect in the Fractals of the Mists allow revisiting old content annually in a special “timey wimey” event. Imagine every Aug or so during the anniversary they have an Asura or Charr engineer messing around for 2 weeks, and you have that amount of time to attempt missed achievements or wait until next year.

Content is still “special” in that it isn’t repeating in the “world”, but it allows a short time for people to jam everything in the game into 1 time period. And, by the sheer amount, people would have to choose. “I can only do Halloween and Molten Alliance, and won’t have time for Toxx during the event.”

I mean seriously, how hard is it to make unique content but not screw over your playerbase forever time and again…. lots of solutions, and no action toward them.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

meh…
ran around 3/day (total 26)
7x same recepy
0x jetpack

And…MF is closed… :’(

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

That suck balls. I haven’t played PVE since December, I’m mainly a PVP player. However, if I wanted the jetpack skin, I’d have to grind my kitten in Molten Facility. Why is that? Why do I have to play some mode (PVE) to get a skin for an entire different one (PVP)?

What makes it even worse, I could’ve run it 100 times and not get it at all! Now my only option is to buy from the TP. Right now, they are sitting at 200g with only a few available. And since PVP gives you zero gold, I don’t think i will ever get it…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Only the people who wanna sell them actually find it. .-.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Arya.9034

Arya.9034

That suck balls. I haven’t played PVE since December, I’m mainly a PVP player. However, if I wanted the jetpack skin, I’d have to grind my kitten in Molten Facility. Why is that? Why do I have to play some mode (PVE) to get a skin for an entire different one (PVP)?

What makes it even worse, I could’ve run it 100 times and not get it at all! Now my only option is to buy from the TP. Right now, they are sitting at 200g with only a few available. And since PVP gives you zero gold, I don’t think i will ever get it…

Didn’t they say the jetpack had a chance to be a reward from tournament chests in PvP?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Didn’t they say the jetpack had a chance to be a reward from tournament chests in PvP?

The fused gauntlets are, for sure. Now, I don’t recall anywhere, that the JP was included. The only person I saw with a PVP one, said he got it from the dungeon…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Crap content comes out that is restricted to unemployed and whale-type consumers, and they see that I have not been playing like I was last year.

This “Living Story” was my final test for them. The slow boring kitten start, (seriously takes 3 months for the Charr to declare war? bull), the drawn out nothingness of the content, and the finale with should have been the first patch months ago. There was no reason to drawn the content out. Instead, we should have had these months to do all of the content.

I had 12 days to get into the Molten Fac. Sorry, but I work and play games on my leisure time. I don’t live at the keyboard. I can’t afford to. Every 2-3 weeks is when I have freetime to truly play. This game does not cater to me. That drop rate was far too gone for me to even have a chance. Luck is not a game I play.

WoW, in all its cartoony garishness at least allowed me to get the special events done on the day I could play and I got my reward. Or the drop rates were high enough to logically say “I can get this after 20 or so runs”. Or, “this is really really rare… I might need to try next year”. All were valid.

GW2 though is a one-off that benefits those who manipulate the market. My friend is one of the ones manipulating the market. Buys low, hold the items, marks them up, sells high. He’s in my guild. Has stock piles of Halloween Tonics, SAB weapons, and now the Jetpack and Jetpack mini….

You don’t need to be good at the game. Anet designed it to be greedy. You need to be greedy to get what you want, OR you need to spend money to buy gold, through Anet of course….

Want to earn it through hard work? Diminishing Returns is there for you! Anet will stop you dead to force the gem store to work its magic….

Anet doesn’t seem to learn from the past that people want to earn things (Bauble Bubbles allowed this) and not fight RNG (Gem Store Keys are crap). All these sonic periscopes and mementos should have bought us our skins (like 1000 or whatever of them) if we weren’t lucky enough to get a drop.

The only way I can honestly look at Anet as not a greedy money grab is if they make the time travel aspect in the Fractals of the Mists allow revisiting old content annually in a special “timey wimey” event. Imagine every Aug or so during the anniversary they have an Asura or Charr engineer messing around for 2 weeks, and you have that amount of time to attempt missed achievements or wait until next year.

Content is still “special” in that it isn’t repeating in the “world”, but it allows a short time for people to jam everything in the game into 1 time period. And, by the sheer amount, people would have to choose. “I can only do Halloween and Molten Alliance, and won’t have time for Toxx during the event.”

I mean seriously, how hard is it to make unique content but not screw over your playerbase forever time and again…. lots of solutions, and no action toward them.

LOLOLNO

or people won’t be “unique”.

Cuz obviously, having some selected few out of share luck being “unique” it’s more important that making things fair for the biggest player base.

OH WAIT i forgot, you can’t even say a word on the forum or you will be called a kitten whining to be"entitled" to stuff. Seriously, this community it’s rotten if they still give money to anet for this stuff. And i feel your pain dude.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I can confirm without a boubt that the drop rate as of this moment is 0! Hasta la vista baby backpack.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: EiLrahc.8076

EiLrahc.8076

We need to come to terms with the RNG system. Yes it rewards players based on “luck” but random rewards are also the exact reason why players continue to run the dungeon – “to have another go at it to try their luck again”.

The random reward system also creates scarcity, which is important in encouraging trade on the TP. In my opinion, it is unlikely that ANet will release the jetpack on the gem store as doing so will impact transactions on the TP.

They could, on the other hand, release other skins that are related to the Flame & Frost theme to satisfy those who have not gotten the jetpack. More gems!

I’ve been running the dungeon daily since it was released (once or twice per day), probably done about 20-ish runs. The only exotics I’ve gotten so far are 2 inscriptions and that’s about it (have accumulated over 10 rare inscriptions).

The problem with these inscriptions are that they are deemed as worthless because crafting is not profitable. Had crafting been profitable, I doubt we’ll be seeing threads asking the drop rate for skins.

(edited by EiLrahc.8076)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

and

Seconded. I love the game, but if they do this again, I’m through with this game. I don’t necessarily care that it was RNG (since thats what precursors are right now), its that they put it in temporary content. It wouldn’t have been so much of a problem for me, I don’t think, if the god kitten kittening dungeon was permanent.

LOLOLNO

or people won’t be “unique”.

Cuz obviously, having some selected few out of share luck being “unique” it’s more important that making things fair for the biggest player base.

OH WAIT i forgot, you can’t even say a word on the forum or you will be called a kitten whining to be"entitled" to stuff. Seriously, this community it’s rotten if they still give money to anet for this stuff. And i feel your pain dude.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…